View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:40   #393
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7n View Post
The plugin doesn't seem to support ReplayGain as written by foobar2000 (global gain – album, R128_TRACK_GAIN metadata value – track, different scale). The album gain is correctly applied, if present, but plugin reports that the gain values aren't present, therefore Winamp applies the "adjustment for files without Replay Gain" (usually negative) in addition to it, leading to unusually low volume relative to music in other formats.
The libopusfile api and the codec itself supports track R128 replay gain last time I checked but not natively from Winamp so there's a bit of discombobulation that I might be able to resolve in-spite of Winamp's lack of direct R128 RG support. I'll look into it later after I resolve some other issues. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
It would be convenient if the average bitrate was reported in the format info text field (on the file info dialog), since the instantaneous bitrate fluctuates too wildly to estimate quality from it.
That seems like an easy fix. I'll look into it.

Quote:
I wish the plugin was smaller in size, without the large bitmap in the about box.
Not going to happen anytime soon since it's such an extreme hassle to code UI windows without the large VCL overhead. As I do with most of my plugins I slowly convert VCL forms into standard Windows dialogs IF there are no issues with the standard API and it's not a burden much larger than the functionality of the plugin itself. In this case, right now, it is a much larger burden.

Quote:
Why does a sound decoder come bundled with an SSL library?
Because the makers of the libopusfile library mandated it to ensure playback from SSL sources and Winamp has yet to release the WASABI interface API for JNetLib and it's SSL support so I have to distribute the SSL library that comes with the libopusfile package to enable that support. Sorry, not much I can do about that.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote