View Single Post
Old 13th September 2007, 17:59   #13
Kn0tte
Major Dude

!! YOU ARE AMAZING !!
OMG...... Yeah.... Nice work on this version here... It deserves the 5.5 number..

You did all my wishes with the Songtickers... I LOVE IT!! Nice...
But, some tips/ideas.....
I love the songticker(s), but it may need some optimizing/adjustment (for lag/kick)...
When looking at the songticker (both classic and modern -style), it lags a little bit... I would like to see it optimized to not lag so much...
When using the "modern style" only, it also lags more than before..
When using the "classic style" only, it will sometimes get a "lag/kick" in 1 second, which pushes the text to the right, and then keep scrolling again (this is not the same lag as in "modern" style).....
When I read the text, it is annoying that it will be pushed to the right (when using the "classic style")... If you could fix that "lag-kick", it would be great...

Therefore, I got an idea:
In prefs/skins/modern skin there is an option for "Timers Resolution", which adjusts the speed for "Spectrum Analyzer", and the "Songticker".
What if the songticker has it own "speed-bar"? I got that idea, because when I set the "Timers Resolution" to "as fast as possible for this machine", the songticker were scrolling incredible fast.... Its not needed, but an own speed-bar for the songticker would be great... If we get an own speed bar, we could set the "Timers Resolution" to high, so the spectrum analyzer goes fast, and then set the songticker speed to what we want...

EDIT: It would be nice if you could upgrade this skin with the new options and stuff also (album art-skinning), songticker options etc..)
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/146704