View Single Post
Old 12th November 2016, 18:22   #11
Worez

And as an epilogue to this problem

Recently I have been experiencing system slow downs, degrading in time to a point beyond response, because of even bigger user induced workload o torrents

An so I went to the uTorrent forum: https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/103...yond-response/

In that thread user IRainman have provided a working solution in form of adding this change to the registry

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utorrent.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utorrent.exe\PerfOptions]
"PagePriority"=dword:00000001
[Unfortunately, developers there do not tolerate users pointing serious flows in their software and do not appreciate ready to use simple solutions; as the answer given by IRainman was simply deleted]

With that small registry adjustment, my Winamp has stopped having that involuntary pause problem. The trade off however is, that now on occasion I will get a total freeze up off Windows, lasting for as long as even 5-7 seconds. [Of course I can simply turn of uTorrent or load up to it only few torrents instead of a ~150]
Worez is offline   Reply With Quote