View Single Post
Old 30th October 2018, 00:18   #15
ammrayet

Some "progress" - if you can call it that - on this matter.

Creative sent me the following message:
Quote:
We have tested Winamp 5.8 on a Windows 10 computer running version 1803 with the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

We are have encountered crackling sound in between when we played MP3 files on Winamp.

Playing the same audio files on Windows Media Player does not give the crackling sound.

The test computer had the Epic games launcher installed and we have realized that when Epic games launcher is running on the background, the crackling sound on Winamp disappears. Once we close Epic games launcher, the crackling sound returns.
I tell Creative that I do not use Epic Games Launcher and have no intention in doing so as a workaround.

They then reply:
Quote:
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium has been classified end of service life on the Creative's support website.

This is the link to the support website of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium https://support.creative.com/Product...T=CategoryID:1

You may want to try the workaround to install Epic Game Launcher and see if it helps with the issue.
I have again told them again I won't use third party software as a workaround.

So it does indeed seem that Winamp could be the issue and Creative haven't yet suggested that a driver is the problem.
ammrayet is offline   Reply With Quote