View Single Post
Old 18th November 2004, 18:59   #145
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeet
The word "Virgin" was mis-interpreted when it was translated. It actually means 'To have sex without being married'.... Or something along those lines.
No, It actually literally means virgin. There is nothing in the word that Matthew or Luke use, nor their contexts that would dictate otherwise.
Now maybe someone who refuses to believe in the virgin birth speculated that at some point in time, but there is really no reason to do so.

BTW, I just want to say that Magnum One's attitude, and manner of laughing at everyone is not coherent with my understanding of the Christian faith. Not that I'm judging magnum, but I just don't want you guys thinking that all christian's are that obnoxious, and disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca
I have come to the conclusion that the bible should not be taken literally. I believe you agree.
I agree with you, though, I would caution you to not look for a symbolic side to everything.
I have a feeling, from the tone I got from your post, the bible can be taken much more literally than you think at times.
Taking individual verses out of the context of the individual book is a much bigger threat to sound theology than literal/symbolic interpretations.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote