X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fc*uk
    • Dec 2005

Virtual Insanity?

Just a quick poll: how many folks have VR headsets these days?

I was given a performance award at work about a year ago that came along with a monetary value. I decided to put the money towards something I would otherwise never purchase. So, an Oculus Quest it was...

I don't believe I'll purchase another console again and will stick with VR. Though the Quest is great, I will probably purchase a Vive when the time comes. My biggest complaint with the Quest is tracking problems.

Oh, I also purchased a beast of a PC (first PC I've purchased in 15 years [I'm an avid Mac user]!) to enable the Link on the Quest. The darn GPU (radeon rx 5700 xt) in the PC I purchased is basically it's own blade server... my how we have advanced in the past 15 years.

Oh, and this on beat saber is $@$* epic!

Cool beat saber video

Sadly I'm about as good as this woman, though she's got the edge on me...
    Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?
  • Fishermanmax
    • Feb 2020

Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
    Just a quick poll: how many folks have VR headsets these days?

I was given a performance award at work about a year ago that came along with a monetary value. I decided to put the money towards something I would otherwise never purchase. So, an Oculus Quest it was...

I don't believe I'll purchase another console again and will stick with VR. Though the Quest is great, I will probably purchase a Vive when the time comes. My biggest complaint with the Quest is tracking problems.

Oh, I also purchased a beast of a PC (first PC I've purchased in 15 years [I'm an avid Mac user]!) to enable the Link on the Quest. The darn GPU (radeon rx 5700 xt) in the PC I purchased is basically it's own blade server... my how we have advanced in the past 15 years.

Oh, and this on beat saber is $@$* epic!

Cool beat saber video

Sadly I'm about as good as this woman, though she's got the edge on me...

I call them Lefant.
    Done well, I don't press for the first 15-20 minutes.
    When used with Note 3 (screen 5.7 inches, screen width 12.5 cm), the picture quality is quite comparable to Oculus dk2, but cut off at the sides, i.e. the review is ~ 75 *, which is very distracting.
    You can use a 13.5cm wide screen, but in that case you get 80 * views at best.
    Movies in 3D look pretty decent, but with toys it's worse.
    I can only compare with the oculus, I did not touch other vr devices.
    IMHO:
    If anyone has any ideas how to enlarge the image by stretching it to the sides, it would be great.
    I'll try to screw it to the PC, if my opinion changes, I'll unsubscribe.

Comment

• nigelxxx
      • Oct 2020

i just love VR i have a htc vive which was great until NVIDIA updated there driver and now its just a brick a right royal pain and the help desk have been trying to fix it even with a roll back for video card and a full restart for win 10 but nothing works Agggghhhhh so im going with the new Oculus 2 that is wire free and can connect if you want to and a great price as well in the UK hope you still having fun i just love it and i am a older guy lol 63 but love gaming

Comment

• fc*uk
        • Dec 2005

Yeah, I’m not necessarily young myself (43)... but I dunno about going from a Vive to a Quest... Maybe the Quest 2 though. I’ve heard they fixed a lot of the tracking problems with the original Quest, but unfortunately Quest 2 has no backwards compatibility.

It’s just on the expert and expert+ beat saber maps, the poor tracking of the original Quest seems to dog me every time....

... or maybe that’s just my excuse as to why I can’t progress past expert...
        Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?

Comment

Working...
        X