I'm having several issues with the desktop mode, I hope they get fixed, as it's really really great!
1. The task bar appears over the desktop icons. Now I know what you're thinking... "he hasn't clicked the option that fixes that", but I have and it makes no difference.
2. Sometimes the icons just dissappear completely, leaving only the text behind.
3. causes explorer.exe to randomly generate errors and quit! :-(
4. I can't interact with desktop icons when it's running. Can't rename a file, or drag and drop it into an open window.
5. when I have trillan (www.trillian.cc
) open with window transparency turned on the geiss display slows to a crawl and the computer reponds very slowly. I tested this on a friend's machine, which has a much older graphics card (rage pro) in it and there was no such issue?
windows 2000 pro SP4