Closed Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:09   #81
GDeanG

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Hmm, very strange...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835322

Please could we see your List Of Plugins
(as you can't get Winamp to load, you'll need to use the standalone version).

Try installing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
When I ran Nunz, I also got the same .dll error and for the plugin list every load failed.

I did download the Microsoft link you gave and had that installed, so did a repair with no success.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:01   #82
franpa

Send a message via Yahoo to franpa
Quote:
Originally posted by franpa
-Winamp 5.57 - clean install

-Winamp Language Pack used (if any)
English

-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
C2DUO:e6750@2.66GHZ|ASUS P5KC mb|2g DDR2 800RAM|500g SATA2 HDD|||Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply|Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

-Windows OS, including Service Packs & Locale
Windows 7 RTM x64

-Video Card, Video Card Drivers version
NvidiaGeforce 8800gt 512MB PCI-E

-Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version
Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic (latest Danial_K drivers/software)

-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
Direct X 11 (latest redistributable as of last week)

-Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)
1a) use the "Classic" interface theme.
1b) set Winamp.exe to launch with admin privileges in the compatibility tab of it's properties.

2) open Winamp

3) right-click "main window" and choose "Options" then "preferences".

4) choose the "modern skins" item in the left frame.

5) click the x (close button) for the preferences window and then the winamp window (closing winamp entirely)

----------
It should crash (it does for me).

edit: it remembers the last item in the left frame of the preferences you were on so after doing it once you can skip steps 1 and 4.
Update (5.57 & 5.571 fresh installs), Installing with Moder Skins support renders VGMStream and MGME input plugins not initializing, reinstalling without Moder Skins support results in the 2 mentioned plugins working fine and dandy.

http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream/
http://mudlord.xtemu.com/files/in_mgme.dll
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:17   #83
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, winamp5571_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

I've discovered by accident that winamp causes an access violation (0xc0000005) in module nsutil.dll at offset 0710a6c2, every time I attempt to play a wmv file, while playing another wmv file... I have 2 specific files, I can't crash it if I reverse the opening order of those files. Both are wmv9 encoded (video&audio).

The attached file contains crash info taken by winamp 557 beta. If it's not enough, I can tell where you can get those files
Old 24th December 2009, 15:05   #84
zepper

This was posted on a separate thread and it's really annoying since I'm now forced to drag and drop all the time. It's happening in both Windows 2000/XP and appears to be a recent change with the latest 5.571. Whenever more than one instance of Winamp is open an enqueue of a playlist or a mp3 used to go in the active Winamp window. Now however it always lands in the farthest left one, even when it's minimized and not in use. Is this intentional or just a bug? It doesn't make sense to be doing that.
Old 27th December 2009, 00:40   #85
n0ukf

Send a message via ICQ to n0ukf Send a message via AIM to n0ukf Send a message via Yahoo to n0ukf
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
[url=http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315355#detect][u]
I didn't think that allowing detection of browsers would cause such problems, I thought it was just to see what was available, not to change existing settings in the browser. The installer wasn't clear on what it was for and what it would do.
Old 27th December 2009, 10:23   #86
mhanor

I couldn't find other files, so I've uploaded the files here:
http://*******.com/yezay8m
http://*******.com/y8qhm6q

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Your url's are broken because the domain is on our banned/censored list.
Please use sendspace.com, stashbox.org or mediafire.com,
as instructed in the first post of this thread.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:01   #87
mhanor

sorry

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j4loej
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sqisjc

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced. Thanks
Old 30th December 2009, 22:34   #88
zepper

Update from my post 12-24-2009: I fiddled around with the settings for a while and got it to work by unchecking the option to "Allow multiple instances" then rechecking it. Now it's putting the files in the active window as it used too.
Old 31st December 2009, 06:20   #89
/usr/bin/Tux

I have just experienced a similar problem as others here ... Winamp was still idling in the background, I restarted Firefox (sometimes there is a reason to do so), it hanged. The task manager said "44 % CPU usage of Winamp". When I killed the Winamp process, everything was fine again.
(Not always reproducible, it seems.)

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:11   #90
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, winamp5571_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

playlist and video window issue

1. make sure you're using the winamp classic skin and that the playlist window (alt+e) and video windows (alt+v) are opened; optionally, you can open the main, the equalizer, the library windows; make sure no other program can interfere with the focus of the active window
2. close winamp, then open it (no playing is required)
3. winamp starts with focus on the video window; do not change the current focus; just click the video window title bar and drag it over all other opened winamp windows
4. the video window will pass over all opened winamp windows, except the playlist window, which will display an "always on top" behavior; the playlist window will always be in front of the video window, while you are dragging the video window
5. this behavior ends after you change the focus to another winamp window (by clicking inside one) or to another program and then refocus on winamp
Old 2nd January 2010, 14:10   #91
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, DX9c, E6400, HD3850, catalyst 9.12, winamp5571_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

winamp hangs, milkdrop (vis_milk2) is involved, I assume it's winamp's fault

steps:
1. use the winamp modern skin and the make sure the default vis plugin is milkdrop; no playing is required, you don't need a big visualizer window
2. switch to the attached visualizer (visualizer window integrated in the main window); it's your choice to make the attached visualizer window active on not, when you proceed with step 3
3. fast clicking (as fast as you can) the "Open/Close Video and Visualization" button results in hanging of winamp (3 or 4 clicks should be enough)

there are 2 possible results:
1. the thread winamp.exe+0x56f3f consumes all the processing time of one cpu core and the program becomes totally unresponsive (it stops refreshing/rendering the interface) and must be forced to terminate
2. with no major cpu usage, winamp continues to render the interface, the menus and the buttons respond to mouse cursor hovering over them, and I can access winamp preferences window (ctrl+p), but I can't move any window, I can't access the main window's menu, buttons do not respond when clicked

- sometimes, the visualizer thread (winamp.exe+0x30078) is still present when the hang occurs
- I can't reproduce this with vis_avs; I haven't tried with 3rd party vis plugins

Last edited by mhanor; 2nd January 2010 at 17:05.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:49   #92
n0ukf

Send a message via ICQ to n0ukf Send a message via AIM to n0ukf Send a message via Yahoo to n0ukf
Quote:
Originally posted by n0ukf
I didn't think that allowing detection of browsers would cause such problems, I thought it was just to see what was available, not to change existing settings in the browser. The installer wasn't clear on what it was for and what it would do.
Ok, now I'm also noticing that none of my subsequent restarts of Firefox can remember the previous session (tabs and sites) to restore it since this last Winamp update.

And for a long time now I've noticed that memory leaks (or whatever) seem to be sharing between Firefox and Winamp. When FF is frozen, shutting down (forcefully via task manager if necesary) Winamp generally frees it up.
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:55   #93
mhanor

regarding the playlist and video window issue
if the video window is not opened, when winamp starts, the focus is on the main winamp window, by default... I can reproduce the same issue with the main window, as long as I don't change the focus
Old 6th January 2010, 15:52   #94
prowler_swe

When trying to use the queuing function "send to", WinAmp always crashes. It hangs the computer irreparable so a hard reset/boot is neccecary.
I also tried to update WinAmp from v5.4 to v5.5, but the bug remains.
I'm running win7, 64-bit system.
No other software seems to be affected by this problem.

I noted that this problem occured after I installed new drivers for my graphics card (http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...indows-7-64bit), but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this problem. However, when installing the drivers, they seem to include sertain drivers for the sound aswell?
Motherboard is ASUS P6T SE.

Is this a known bug? Or is it my setup?
(haven't had the time to search through this forum, sorry if this has been reported before)
Let me know if you need more info.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:59   #95
mhanor

no user mode application can hang your PC
it can be caused by an OS kernel bug, or by a kernel-mode driver bug, or by unstable hardware
Old 13th January 2010, 10:17   #96
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Winamp 5.572 (but appears also in 5.56 and earlier)
Clean install.

I found two bugs appearing in the Bento skins and don't know whether they are gen_ff bugs or core bugs. I'll post them here.

Skin: (Big) Bento
Menu bar enabled.

Click "Help" -> "About Winamp...".

Move the mouse towards the newly opened About box with the llama. Suddenly the box loses focus and disappears.

Sometime this happens after some seconds even without moving the mouse.

But in 50% of the case it happens when I want to move the mouse into the window to select e.g. another tab like history or keyboard shortcuts.

I think it's because the mouse hits something in the Bento window on its way. Which causes the about box to be stolen its focus and even be sent to the background.

---------

2nd bug:

(Big) Bento skin.
Displaying of the "Playlist" tab enabled.
Playlist area top-right of the screen is visible.

-> Click the "Playlist" tab. The Playlist appears "maximized" in the main area of the window.
-> The small playlist area in the top right corner of the screen disappears! (Or actually resizes to zero size).

This is annoying as everytime you switch to the playlist tab, you'll have to resize the top-right playlist area manually using your mouse, to be displayed again.

Would be glad if you could have a look into this.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
kzuse

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
1. Can't reproduce
2. Known glitch
(expected behaviour, though Playlist Editor should reappear on closing Playlist tab)
Old 14th January 2010, 12:21   #97
Ruuttu

Winamp 5.57

Specs:
Windows 7, 64-bit
Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 965-BE
4GB of DDR3

Problem:
A TOTAL system freeze

Steps to produce:
1. Right-click on a song on your playlist.
2. Hover your mouse over the "Send to:" -option.
3. The whole system will complitely freeze - every program, everything. Even the keyboard lights are stuck. It's like winamp is trying to load the items to show in the "Send to:" -menu, but something goes terribly wrong.
Nothing can be done, the computer must be unplugged and restarted.

URGENT!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Are you using any Virtual CD Drive software?
See here.
Are you using Winamp 5.572? (i.e. not 5.57 or 5.571)
We did attempt a fix in 5.572,
although we couldn't actually reproduce the problem when using Alcohol or Daemon Tools.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:10   #98
mhanor

Quote:
Originally posted by mhanor
sorry

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j4loej
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sqisjc

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced. Thanks
the crash is fixed, but now there's another issue
use the same files as above, select the winamp modern skin, attach the video window to the main window (if it's not already)

while playing one file, start playing the 2nd (it doesn't matter which is first)... after that, the winamp interface will only respond to the cursor hovering over it, allowing you to make another winamp window active, but that's it... it won't allow clicking buttons and menus; the taskbar menu is working

I can reproduce it with the new 5772 build

Last edited by mhanor; 14th January 2010 at 20:39.
Old 15th January 2010, 13:36   #99
Ruuttu

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruuttu
Winamp 5.57

Specs:
Windows 7, 64-bit
Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 965-BE
4GB of DDR3

Problem:
A TOTAL system freeze

Steps to produce:
3. The whole system will complitely freeze - every program, everything. Even the keyboard lights are stuck. It's like winamp is trying to load the items to show in the "Send to:" -menu, but something goes terribly wrong.
Nothing can be done, the computer must be unplugged and restarted.

URGENT!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Are you using any Virtual CD Drive software?
See here.
Are you using Winamp 5.572? (i.e. not 5.57 or 5.571)
We did attempt a fix in 5.572,
although we couldn't actually reproduce the problem when using Alcohol or Daemon Tools.
I installed the new version (5.572), but unfortunately the problem still remains. I'm using Alcohol 120% and UltraISO, and based on my testing, both of them conflict with Winamp. The weird thing is the problem doesn't seem to depend on if there is an image mounted to the virtual drive or not - just the very fact that there even exists one makes the whole thing blow.
Old 15th January 2010, 18:11   #100
Klausi2007

Quote:
Originally posted by Klausi2007
Winamp 5.571
Clean Install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: German
Skin: Bugs occures on all skins

Locale: German
CPU: Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 1GB RAM
Graphics: nvidia GeForce 6600
Sound: Realtek HD Audio
DirectX 9.0c

Hope I can mix up two bugs in one report :-)

1. Locking screen wihle playing nsv video (eg. left windows key and L). When unlock, video window is blank.
There is no way to get the video back, only closing winamp and restart it.
This was reported from many listeners of our station and was reproduceable by all members of our team.

2. Subtitles display in NSV streams:
Playing a nsv stream with subtitle, video 320x240.
Right klick at video window, then choose double size.
Then right klick and choose normal size. The subtitle is twice as big now :-)

This two bugs were in 5.57 too.
... remains in Winamp 5.572, Build 2830 (5.5.7.2830) - 13th Jan 2010

Additionally the locking screen thing occures by playing any video, not only nsv ... (also in 5.57 and 5.571).

euer-radio.de - Shoutcast Radio/TV from Germany since 2006
Old 16th January 2010, 00:04   #101
mhanor

Quote:
I'm using Alcohol 120%
If you're not using the latest sptd driver, upgrade...
google for "SPTD for Windows" -> duplexsecure.com/downloads/ (1.62 is the latest).
Either way, winamp is not the culprit, but a buggy driver is, and sptd could be it.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:58   #102
MarlboroMannen

Right Click WinAmp -> Total System Freeze

Quote:
Winamp 5.57

Specs:
Windows 7, 64-bit
Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II X4 965-BE
4GB of DDR3

Problem:
A TOTAL system freeze

Steps to produce:
Nothing can be done, the computer must be unplugged and restarted.[/B]
I am so glad I am not the only one on the planet with this problem. I recently upgraded from Vista x64 to Win7 x64 on a few of my computers. The one I use the most has the following specs:

Asus Maximus Formula using onboard sound
Q9650 @ 3.6 GHz
8 GiB 1066 RAM
Win 7 x64
Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5.0068 Free Lisence
WinAmp 5.571

Whenever I right click a title in the playlist the computer freezes with some aweful, pain aching noise coming out of my Klipsch THX 5.1 set. It is the same what I right click, not necessarily choosing "Send to". It freezes as soon as I right click. A hard boot is required, either reset button or pressing the power button for a few seconds.

As mentioned, I never had this problem using Vista x64. As somebody mentioned SPTD, I find it worth mentioning that I have Daemon Tools Lite installed - the same version as on my previous Vista x64 config without causing this error.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:46   #103
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Please could you confirm that you've got latest SPTD (currently v1.62) installed from www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

We've tried to reproduce the problem on Winamp 5.572 under Win7 with both Alcohol & Daemon Tools, but couldn't repro it.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:27   #104
Ruuttu

I just upgraded to the newest version of SPTD (1.62). After a restart I tried if I could reproduce the problem. With an UltraISO virtual drive enabled, the problem didn't appear (I'm not absolutely sure if I had any problems with UltraISO before, but my testing seemed to say so, so maybe there's been some improvement here). However, when I enabled the Alcohol 120% virtual drive, the problem popped right up, freezing my PC at once more than the North Pole ever. Again, the problem occures even without anything actually mounted on the virtual drive.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:59   #105
MarlboroMannen

Dear DJ EGG, thank you ever so much for the swift reply.

I did a fresh install of Win7 x64 on an unpartitioned drive. I did all the WinUpdates, rebooted and then downloaded and installed the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite.

I followed up on your request, downloaded SPTD 1.62 and run it. It said the same version was already installed.

Regardless, I went on and completed the installation anyway. Yet another reboot.

I then noticed I had WinAmp 5.571 installed, whereas the latest version is 5.572. My WinAmp was subsequently removed, and the latest version downloaded and installed.

Alas, the problem prevails.

However, I was once able to right click and move around in the pop up menu. Selecting "Send to:" my computer halted, and again I had to push the reset button or press and hold the power button.

Should I try to uninstall Daemon tools, to see if it is the bugger? I did not have any images mounted at the time, although one virtual drive was selected and active (though empty) the whole time.

Thanks again for all your effort, and a wonderful product.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:24   #106
Ruuttu

I'd also like to mention that I'm having spontaneous crashes with Winamp (5.572) in Windows 7 x64. I haven't found out anything that might be triggering it - it may happen with music playing or with music not playing and it doesn't matter what I'm doing. I might just be surfing the web with music playing in the background and suddenly the music stops and Windows tells me that Winamp has just crashed.

I'm not sure, but it seems like upgrading the SPTD added the amount of random crashes - I've had like five this evening - I used to have about one per day.
Old 27th January 2010, 09:04   #107
g4gx2

Modern / Bento Skins & 150% Text Size in Windows 7

Winamp 5.572 Full
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: None (default English US)
Skin: Bug occurs with all of Bento and Modern but NOT with Classic Skin

Locale: English US
CPU: Pentium dualcore 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: Onboard (Intel GMA4500HD)
Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
DirectX 11

Problem:
In Control Panel / Display in Windows 7, there is an option to increase text size to 150% - I use this because my HDTV resolution is at 1080i and text would be too small to read from a distance otherwise. After changing the text size, Modern and Bento skins become almost unusable - it's difficult to explain, but there seems to be a disconnect between the "real" window and the resized window. For example, trying to click on an item in the Media Library results in another part of the window being clicked (though the Playlist window seems to be fine). When trying to resize windows, a smaller "shadow window" appears during resizing. Basically it seems like Modern and Bento skins are not correctly "magnified" when the text size is increased.

However, this problem does NOT occur with Classic skins, and from memory it didn't seem to occur when text size was at 125% - only with Modern and Bento Skins at 150%.

Method of Reproduction:
1. In Windows 7, go to Control Panel -> Display

2. There should be options to increase text size to 125% or 150%. Choose 150%.

3. Open Winamp and choose a Modern or Bento skin.

4. Try to click on items in various windows - media library, playlist, albums, etc. and see if everything is correctly recognized.

5. Try resizing and repositioning individual windows (playlist window, media library window, etc.) and see if they are correclty resized and repositioned.

If this is a bug, hope it can be fixed soon!
Old 27th January 2010, 12:34   #108
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by franpa
Update (5.57 & 5.571 fresh installs), Installing with Moder Skins support renders VGMStream and MGME input plugins not initializing, reinstalling without Moder Skins support results in the 2 mentioned plugins working fine and dandy.

http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream/
http://mudlord.xtemu.com/files/in_mgme.dll
investigation of this is being followed up in this thread at the moment.
summary is that the dll rebaser (optimimising stage) in the installer is affecting libmpg123-0.dll. workaround is to set libmpg123-0.dll to read-only state.

-daz
Old 27th January 2010, 19:18   #109
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Not really a bug, but a comical unwanted feature

-Winamp 5.572 (5.5.7.2830) - clean install
-Winamp Language Pack - English
-System specs (3Hz P4, 1GB RAM)
-Windows OS - Win XP SP3 UK English
-Music stored on a Server or External Hard Drive

The above isn't really relevant as same happens on my Vista PC, etc, etc. This is a design feature that mis-fires when the user is an idiot like me who forgets to login to his server BEFORE starting Winamp.

- Have your music stored on a file server. Or an external hard drive.
- Load up a playlist full of tunes to play. Ideally have hundreds of tracks in there, but will also happen with just two.
- Set Auto-Repeat switch so the playlist will repeat.
- Now be a stupid berk like me who forgets to login to the server \ turn on the external hard drive.
- Hit PLAY on your winamp.
- Now laugh as Winamp correctly skips the file it cannot reach on the server.
- And moves to the next track. Which it also can't reach. And the next. Etc.
- Because NONE of the tracks in the playlist are available, when Winamp reaches the bottom of the list, it swaps back to number 1 and keeps skipping.
- Will skip FOREVER.

The BIG problem here is that there is NO WAY to get Winamp to listen to me to STOP running through a list of files that cannot be accessed. Winamp is hogging the CPU so hard that it doesn't listen to ALT+F4 or any mouse input.

Due to stupidity of XP, it is also not possible to login to the server while Winamp is trying to access it. Winamp needs to be closed before I attempt to login to the server.

The ONLY way I could regain control of the PC was to kill Winamp from Task Manager. Login to the Server. Then restart Winamp.

Is there any way that the "skip missing track" routine could have code added to it to notice if it has looped through the whole playlist?

Yes - this is a USER ERROR and truly a PEBCAK issue. It would be nice to see if an error message can be popped up if Winamp finds all files in the playlist are offline and stops looping the whole playlist forever.

(Also this is not an important issue... just funny to see happen)
Old 8th March 2010, 03:40   #110
Model299

Send a message via AIM to Model299 Send a message via Yahoo to Model299
Thanks for deleting my posts, guys.. winamp pro is still broken. Except now it's on a completely different machine with a completely different sound card and a mostly different operating system. Bug follows.

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg Edited by Model299
Valid Bug Report

Winamp 5.572 (x86)
Skin: Bug occurs with all of Bento, Winamp Modern and Classic skins

CPU: AMD Phenom II 945 Quad Core @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT PCIE
Sound: VIA HD Audio Optical Out 5.1 Dolby Digital
DirectX 11

Problem:
"Winamp has stopped working" and the OS closes winamp and submits a problem report.

Method of Reproduction:
1. Open winamp
2. Enqueue several files and begin playing
3. After a variable number of files, winamp stops working.
4. This only happens with LC-AAC .m4a files using in_mp4.dll
5. The files were created by winamp.

"List of Plugins" (attached)

* If sample files are too big for stashbox.org, use mediafire.com or sendspace.com
Incedentally if you want sample files I'll have to upload an entire CD. It's really easy though, take an older version of winamp, rip a cd into 256k/sec LC-AAC M4A files, and play them on 5.572 pro until it breaks. I will upload a CD just ask.

You'll notice this is a completely different computer and a different version of windows vista, with winamp pro 5.572 being the only correlating factor in this failure. not even the .m4a files were the same ones. The operating system used to be 32 bit and is now 64 bit.
Old 12th March 2010, 08:18   #111
micnolmad

Winamp 5.572
Skin: Bento

Locale: Denmark
CPU: amd x2 6000+ 3Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 8800GT
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi
DirectX 11

Problem:
In media lib if you set a view to the "Two" filter
and set "Album Artist" as first window and "Album Art" as second
and then in the album art window sort by year
on an artist which has say a collection of albums with very similar names, say vol. 1 vol. 2 vol. 3 and so on, any two or more albums of same year will get sorted ascending making the logical order scrambled.

I would expect the order to be
Line 1: 50, 49, 48
Line 2: 47, 46, 45

but the list is
Line 1: 50, 48, 49
Line 2: 45, 46, 47

46-47 has same year
48, 49 also
50 is newer

The files are both aac, mp3 and ogg. I think this is just a simple sorting issue. This has been this way on xp, vista and win7 on various pc's I'v had.

Good luck, hf
Old 12th March 2010, 14:09   #112
freshhh

XP x64 computer pretty much clean of everything (new installation, no security tools)
BSOD linked to win32.sys (bad driver) after few seconds of WinAMP use

Windows XP PRO x64 SP3 - v5.2, Build 3790 (up to date)

BIOS : Award ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0901
BIOS Type : Award Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Motherboard : ASUS P5N-E SLI
Motherboard Chipsets :
- North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI (C55)
- South Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 430i (MCP51)
CPU : Intel QuadCore 6600 CPU 2.40Ghz
RAM : 4090MB RAM
GFX : GeForce 8800 GTX
GFX Driver : NVIDIA GeForce-ION Driver Release 196.21_desktop_winxp_64bit_english_whql
Mothrboard : NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI 15.45_nforce_winxp64_international_whql
Soundcard : built-in Realtek ALC883 [at] nVIDIA nForce 430i (MCP51) - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
Soundcard Driver : Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs R2.41

MODULE_NAME: win32k

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80001000000 nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a83ff89

READ_ADDRESS: unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd
unable to get nt!MmPoolCodeStart
unable to get nt!MmPoolCodeEnd
fffffa8006928000

FAULTING_IP:
win32k!NtUserfnINDEVICECHANGE+1bb
fffff97f`ff1819c4 8b4630 mov eax,dword ptr [rsi+30h]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800010a6b37 to fffff8000102eb90

STACK_TEXT:
fffffadf`3cd2dad8 fffff800`010a6b37 : 00000000`00000050 fffffa80`06928000 00000000`00000000 fffffadf`3cd2dbb0 : nt+0x2eb90
fffffadf`3cd2dae0 00000000`00000050 : fffffa80`06928000 00000000`00000000 fffffadf`3cd2dbb0 00000000`00000000 : nt+0xa6b37
fffffadf`3cd2dae8 fffffa80`06928000 : 00000000`00000000 fffffadf`3cd2dbb0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x50
fffffadf`3cd2daf0 00000000`00000000 : fffffadf`3cd2dbb0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`06928000

STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
win32k!NtUserfnINDEVICECHANGE+1bb
fffff97f`ff1819c4 8b4630 mov eax,dword ptr [rsi+30h]

SYMBOL_NAME: win32k!NtUserfnINDEVICECHANGE+1bb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sys
Old 12th March 2010, 16:28   #113
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@freshhh - If it is a "Driver Fault" being flagged, I would also test out Windows Media Player to see if the fault can be reproduced.

Also head to Asus\ nVidia and\or Realtek to see if you can find newer XP 64-bit drivers for that sound card.

(The other bit of advice I would throw is that it is often cheaper (in time and frustration) to fix a bug in a Realtek "on board" sound card by just grabbing a basic PCI or PCI-e soundcard instead.)

(FYI: I don't work for Winamp, but as an IT Engineer have often seen odd problems with Realtek built in sound cards. Especially trying to use drivers for an old XP 64-bit as they often concentrate on the "latest" OSs and forget to update the older ones)
Old 14th March 2010, 22:43   #114
jpstewart444

Winamp 5.572

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics: Intel GMA3000
Sound: Creative SB Audigy & SoundMax Internal
DirectX 11

Problem:
Having Always On Top enable Winamp doesn't always stay on top of all windows. Even if I uncheck 'Disable always on top while fullscreen apps are focused' via the preferences this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Method of Reproduction:

Possibly quite hard to reproduce.
1. Install a clean Winamp installation (5.572)
2. Select the option to make Always on top active through the option menu.
3. I have Firefox, (seemless mode) VirtualBox and Nero 7 maximised. Alternating between them and eventually it is no longer visible.

Last edited by jpstewart444; 14th March 2010 at 23:08.
Old 11th April 2010, 04:48   #115
TAUTO

m4a files corrupted after editing tags

Winamp 5.572 (5.5.7.2830) - clean install
no 3rd-party skins or plugins

CPU: Intel Core i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, Driver version: 8.692.1.0
Sound: IDT High definition Audio, Driver version: 6.10.0.6217
DirectX 11

Problem:
When modifing tags from .m4a files, file become corrupted.

Method of Reproduction:
1. Open some .m4a file
2. open View file info.
3. Modify someone tag info: Like Artist, Title, etc.
4. Save changes.
5. Attempt to play the file again (even with another media player).

Link to sample file: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2zhloyinzm

Link to sample (corrupted) file (same file after above described procedure): http://www.mediafire.com/?jmjgzkyxrmt
Attached Files
File Type: zip HJ & plugins.zip (3.8 KB, 133 views)
Old 12th April 2010, 04:06   #116
acemoab

Winamp 5.572 (build 2830)

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 6000+
Graphics: nVidia 9500GT Sound: Realtek AC '97 integrated audio
DirectX 11

When installing Winamp I get an error message that CD burning and ripping may not work. Ripping works just fine, but I haven't tried burning. This may be a "cosmetic" problem only! The last two versions of Winamp also did the same thing (which is why I got the new version, among other reasons). I am just testing Windows 7 x64 to see if I want to keep it. So far it is three thumbs down, with one big toe masquerading as an extra thumb. Heck, if Winamp does not work right, the whole enchilada is not worth a whack!
Old 13th April 2010, 00:24   #117
acemoab

Problem perhaps fixed.

In my senility I had made a typo in my Google search query and did not find any more information on this error. When I checked again, I found references to OTHER APPLICATIONS causing this Winamp install error. So I made a fresh install of Win7 x64 and Winamp installed without the error. If I can identify which application is the culprit (and I suspect DVDFab) I will post with the results.

In any case, this appears to be an old issue. I'm sorry for any trouble I might have caused. However, Winamp ought to not have this problem, ideally, so there still remains an issue which may, or may not be fixable. Or, there is not really a problem at all, and this error message is really not significant. So, as I said above, I will post again if I discover anything which others might find useful.
Old 13th April 2010, 01:50   #118
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@TAUTO

Where did that m4a file come from?
Some online store (eg. iTMS)?
Or did you encode it yourself, and if yes, then with what software/encoder?

I can't reproduce the problem with any of my m4a files (all encoded with Winamp's CD-Ripper or Transcoder)
but can with yours....

I've forwarded the file on to the relevant dev and he says he'll look into it....

@acemoab

Yup, we're aware of the problem, but have got no idea what causes it.
So any input would be appreciated...
Old 13th April 2010, 15:57   #119
retchless

Always on Top is broken. Always on top should mean Always on top, not sometimes on top, and sometimes behind stuff depending on what's in focus. Winamp seems to go to the back whenever a fullscreen application is running (even if it's on another display), but there are other times too. This is super annoying.

Winamp 5.572
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core i7
Graphics: ATI Radeon 4890
6gigs RAM
Old 13th April 2010, 16:35   #120
DrO

have you tried unchecking 'Disable always on top while fullscreen applications are focused' on preferences -> general preferences?

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports