Presenting the latest BETA drop of the SHOUTcast DNAS server for broadcasters, developers and testers. This build is our latest GM release candidate and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous BETA builds.
This BETA release is now available for the following platforms:
* These are newly supported versions of the DNAS v2 as of this release.
- Windows (32-bit and 64-bit (*) versions) (Windows 2000 not currently supported - this may be permanent)
- Mac OS X (Intel)
- BSD 8.x (*)
You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:
- Now ships in BSD 8.x and Windows 64-bit
- Fixed locale issues preventing sc_trans from loading without changing the machine's locale (non-Windows issue)
- Fully enabled SHOUTcast 2 (Ultravox 2.1) protocol support with server output (used with YP2=1 in config and a compatible connecting client e.g. Winamp 5.6+)
- Massive documentation update with full configurations details, example configurations and getting started guide
- Accessing any admin / info pages with no station id or a station id less than or equal to zero will show a summary of any available streams (if there are any)
- Changed config handling to close sc_serv if not set / missing / invalid
- Added 'next song' to the stream + admin pages
- Added a disconnect message indicating the duration, number of bytes sent and agent of the connection being closed
- Added a current and next song pages (/currenttrack?sid=# and /nextsong?sid=#) along with <NEXTSONG> in the xml report for consistency
- Changed 'yp2' configuration setting default to 'on'
- Fixed segfault issue when attempting to connect to YP2 (non-Windows versions)
- On Windows 'Ctrl + Break' is now handled as a valid quit command instead of just having the running instance close immediately
- Added description for the Windows service so it's clearer the service is ours
- Minor log message changes to sort of standardise the message style
- Upgraded libraries to use expat-2.0.1
If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.
If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in the 'docs' folder along with the example configuration files provided in this new version which should make it easier to get started.
If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.
Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:
32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...d-3802b2af5fc2
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...4-157cfdffee4e
This new version has been tested on a number of current Linux versions (Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS) so should hopefully run on other versions as well and without any dependency or locale related issues (as affected prior versions).
Discussion about the previous version of the transcoder can be found here -> SHOUTcast DNAS 2 Beta v0.1 (Build 7)