Old 23rd February 2011, 23:10   #1
spacemanjupiter

3D visualization dancers

This is my first time registering, and this question has probably been asked a million times.

I've been using winamp as long as I can remember. Seems like I was using it more than a decade ago. I also remember those animated dancers from the wild tangent days of plugins. They were and still are the coolest plugins for winamp. I still have them on my xternal drive somewhere. I'm going to install those old dancers and see if they still work after so many years. So why did people stop making them? I think the last one that was made was in 2006. Are they too difficult to create? What kind of knowledge and tools do you need?
spacemanjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 09:29   #2
SilverBird775

There is a lot sophisticated technologies involved in the process of creation. For ones who possess the knowledge there is little point in making such a silly but demanding animation, their valuable expert time cost too much. The expertise, software tools and hardware required are all of highest notch. Bit too much compromises to make a free software how you think?
SilverBird775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 22:39   #3
spacemanjupiter

If I had the knowledge I would love to make something like this to share with others for free. Just seeing my artwork spread around to others would be enough for me.
I assume I could do this with 3DS Max and some scripting and C++? Or maybe it's easier than having to learn C++?
spacemanjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 02:22   #4
SilverBird775

It requires lots of 3DS Max work, lots of motion capture, incredible amount of scripting, tons of c++ code, math professor as a close mate of you and lots of dedication. The problem with dancers they are human, so they should move like humans, which means they should react to music like humans with some degree of creativity. Lots of prediction math and self learning algorithm. This is called Artifical Intelligence.
SilverBird775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion