Old 27th January 2012, 15:26   #1
mxride

Auth hash issue after server move.

I believe this was due to us moving our datacenter, but haven't found he solution to the problem.

System:
Linux Red Hat
Sc-serv v2
public ip and was working previously without errors.

Changes: moved server to new datacenter with new Public IP address:
Issue cannot add, change or renew hash from admin panel NO OPTION to do anything.
Manually removed old HASH from pub_config and lost what its value use to be.
So now not able to connect to YP.

Debug XML output on console is:
<yp version="2"><resp seq+"1"><error><code>470</code><message>Invaild authorization hash</>

/yp/resp/updatefreg missing.

Admin Web:
Server Status: Server is currently up and public (no YP connection)
No authhash set which is needed for a public listing.

From reading it sounds like in need to have the old one removed from the SC database? Any and all help much apreciated

Mxride

Last edited by mxride; 27th January 2012 at 15:31. Reason: more info
mxride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 15:37   #2
DrO

if you don't have the authhash in the file / known by the DNAS anymore then it being in the database won't be having any effect on not being able to make one. i could look it up (if you sent details of the station like it's name, etc though as we remove unused authhash after 30 days of inactivity it's not too much of an issue this time around).

if all that happened was a datacenter move. as long as the authhash was still in the config file then it should have worked without issue after the move - the only 'IP locking' happens for editing / removing of the authhash and _not_ it's general usage.

as for the issue of not being able to create, have you reloaded the DNAS's config file or restarted it since removing the authhash? in either case, if there is no streamauthhash line in the config file then it should be showing the 'create' option on the server admin page (as on admin.cgi?sid=0 ).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 15:55   #3
mxride

DrO,

Thank you for the quick responds.. You are outstanding.. I was going to admin.cgi?sid=1 hence not seeing the proper screen. Thank you for your time and service.

U Rock
mxride
Old 27th January 2012, 16:03   #4
DrO

i'll disagree as i should have made the server admin page login more obvious than it currently is instead of having a pending update which improves that aspect. oh well as long as you're listing then that's the main thing

-daz

p.s. make sure that you're following http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....39588#remember
Old 10th February 2012, 02:06   #5
westjgames

Our server, when trying to generate the AuthHash key, says "Required parameter missing for registration"

I filled in all the fields correctly, but it still doesnt work.
westjgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 12:16   #6
mxride

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjgames View Post
Our server, when trying to generate the AuthHash key, says "Required parameter missing for registration"

I filled in all the fields correctly, but it still doesnt work.
IF I remember correctly , you can get this error if your add to much text to the description text area..
Old 13th February 2012, 16:56   #7
DrO

westjgames: what genre are you trying to set as anything with & in it is likely to cause such issues. additionally certain characters like the & in description, website and keywords fields can cause it. if not, send me a pm with all of the values you're trying to enter and i can validate things and / or create the authhash - would also need the IP of the DNAS server so i can allow you to edit the authhash details (if even needed) at a later time.

mxride: if the text is too long then a different error message is provided in that case (though the current authhash page in the DNAS doesn't enforce the limits as well as it should do).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support