Winamp 5.621 (build 3173) AND also tried current version
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Also happened in 5.62
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Locale: English US
CPU: core email@example.com GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
Winamp crashes due to RAM overconsumption when adding huge library with big or a lot of coverart
Method of Reproduction:
- Select a folder with more than 2000albums as a Watched Folder
- All mp3s need to be properly tagged including coverart in EACH mp3 (not one per folder, but coverart in every single file)
- ideally the coverart should be min. 500x500 and 40kb or bigger
- Scan (foreground or background does not matter)
- RAM will fill up and then at around 1500MB RAM Winamp will crash
- RAM is not freed during the update progress nor after
- the surge in memory usage only happens when freshly adding new files to the media library. not upon re-scan (which only confirms the files still being present)
please see video for further information
the folder structure is
U:\-= mp3 =-\-= Soft =-\Artist\Album\
there seems to be a memory leak somewhere when reading the coverart.
scan until RAM consumption reaches almost critical level and then abort and close winamp. all information will be stored in the database.
however, this is no solution. why? because most albums are on an external drive. if i disconnect it and open winamp, all media information is deleted as the drive is no longer present and upon opening winamp, all folders are checked.
so next time i hook up the drive, files will be scanned, winamp will crash...etc