Old 9th April 2012, 20:14   #1
bobbybro

Delete delete delete

Need a hot key to delete a mp3 -- GOT TOO MANY. Can't listen to 5000 have to get rid of some.
bobbybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 01:20   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi bobbybro,

I assume the current 'click-point-click' function is too slow for you. After selecting the file(s) to be removed, right-click on the remove button at the bottom of the playlist editor or right-click on the selected file(s) in the media library. Then point to 'Remove...' in the context menu that pops up and left-click on the 'Physically remove selected file(s)' option. You may also want to disable the WA general preference to 'Recycle permanently deleted files'.

In the meantime (while waiting for your wish to be granted), Windows Explorer does have a hot-key combination for deleting selected file(s) that also bypasses the recycle bin.

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Winamp Pro 5.666.3516, cPro MPxi_remix skin, 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 11:09   #3
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

my 'playlist file remover' plug-in does provide the hotkey needed to delete the current song as is generally one of the recommended ways for doing it over the last 8 years. just have to make sure that the options on the first page of the plug-ins preferences is unchecked to not delete all files once they have been played.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 12:14   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Should have figured you had this covered for those who value speed (and/or mouse alternatives) when interacting with WA. IMO, your plug-in site should be highlighted on the main WA website.

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Winamp Pro 5.666.3516, cPro MPxi_remix skin, 5.1 speaker system
Old 10th April 2012, 12:35   #5
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

playlist file remover was one of the few plug-ins i ever submitted to the site, but since it's back to the age old way of the plug-in / skins part of the site being buggered again, i'll most likely never submit anything to it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 00:49   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
playlist file remover was one of the few plug-ins i ever submitted to the site, but since it's back to the age old way of the plug-in / skins part of the site being buggered again, i'll most likely never submit anything to it.
-daz
I understand how you feel, but it's a shame that new users (and some older users) are left to find out about your very useful plug-ins on their own.

Old 16th April 2012, 14:37   #7
bobbybro

Hi guys, well i tried various plugin the erase, delete search...most of them do not work! or do not have instruction }:

Luckily i found one that does work and it very well:

winamp deleter v2.5

couldn't have hope for a better solution just hit the X and it's gone! perfect!
Old 17th April 2012, 03:03   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybro View Post
Hi guys, well i tried various plugin the erase, delete search...most of them do not work! or do not have instruction }:

Luckily i found one that does work and it very well:

winamp deleter v2.5

couldn't have hope for a better solution just hit the X and it's gone! perfect!
Can't find it. Link please.

Old 18th April 2012, 00:48   #9
bobbybro

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/file-deleter-v2/141713
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist