Old 17th April 2012, 22:19   #121
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

I was browsing through winamp.ini helping a 3rd party dev debug his plug-in and I noticed that one of the Playlist Undo options is named "koopa". Great way to honor him. Unless it's a secret, what does this option do?

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 desktop, Winamp Pro 5.666.3516, cPro MPxi_remix skin, 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 22:35   #122
DrO
Winamp Team

it's used for the 'Save playlist to the undo queue when Winamp is closed or internally restarted' option.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:30   #123
osmosis
Major Dude

So I just discovered that Playlist Undo is still silently deleting files in conjunction with ActiveWinamp... even though I commented out what I thought was causing the file deletions before (FileSys objects). This is really bumming me out.. not sure how many files I lost again this time. Is there ANY way you could take a moment and try to replicate and see what's going on? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt playlist_Party Shuffle.vbs.txt (9.5 KB, 51 views)

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:17   #124
DrO
Winamp Team

where did you describe the issue (just cannot remember what was being deleted)?

though i doubt the script has any affect on things and it's just ActiveWinamp not doing things nicely like causing the duplication of menu identifiers which is then matching with what this plug-in uses (as provided by Winamp - since i use the appropriate API to avoid having to try to find non-duplicated menu identifiers).

i know people still sort of use ActiveWinamp but that plug-in is just becoming more and more of a pain in the bum when it comes to the issues it causes from it not being updated (and even if the source was provided, i cannot even remember if what was provided was current against the last release or not *grumble* ).

-daz
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:10   #125
osmosis
Major Dude

Latest version of activewa: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=654; AFAIK this is current with the SourceForge svn with the addition of that 1 patch to fix compatibility awhile back (also on SourceForge under submissions/patches).

And the issue, as I originally experienced it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Just so people are aware, there may be a bizarre incompatibility with ActiveWinamp (especially Party Shuffle) and DrO's Playlist Undo plugin at the moment which can result in deletion of files previously played, without notification (and not to the Recycle Bin, fully deleted).

I can't say for sure, but it seems likely that the problem is caused by the FileSystemObject added in Party Shuffle v3.4 (which simply checks if a file exists) and some issue with the way it interacts with Playlist Undo's playlist backups/undo queue; so other ActiveWinamp scripts with FileSystemObjects may similarly cause this issue.

Disabling Playlist Undo (rename from .dll to .dll.off, etc.) will avoid/fix this issue. Or if you prefer, you may revert to Party Shuffle 3.3.

Be careful, however, once these bad entries are added to the undo queue, they will continue to remain in the queue and possibly delete files until they have exited the queue (even between seperate Winamp instances if you have Playlist Undo set to preserve the queue) or until the queue is cleared (which I've found also appears to delete files).

I apologize for this unforseen issue, I only just noticed it this week and have myself probably lost ~100 random songs over the last month until I discovered it. DrO has been informed and it will be looked into when he can find the time to see whether the fault lies with ActiveWinamp or Playlist Undo and hopefully come up with some kind of solution.
And yes, I realize ActiveWinamp is basically broken garbage at this point, but I was just hoping maybe you could nail down the WHY of it, seeing as the deletions are somehow directly related to files leaving the undo queue. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 3rd September 2012, 21:33   #126
osmosis
Major Dude

Well removing the file.object code seems to have resolved it, oddly enough. And that's REALLY weird considering just commenting out the code didn't seem to stop it. Oh well, at least I can use Party Shuffle again.

Old 3rd September 2012, 21:36   #127
DrO
Winamp Team

what file object code? and no i've not had a chance to look into anything from my side (or any other of the plug-ins that people keep harassing me about).
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:56   #128
osmosis
Major Dude

The FileSys object like I mentioned in my posts above: I was using it to check the existence of files before they got added to the playlist to make sure I didn't add any dead/moved files from the ML.

Problem of course was that this somehow had a weird interaction with Playlist Undo's change queue whereby the added files would be silently deleted after they left the queue.

I had thought commenting out the offending object+check would resolve it (and of course it SHOULD, as no parsing of that stuff should occur) but from my testing today actually removing it entirely was what it took to fix it completely.

A very very odd beast ActiveWinamp has become...

PS: Any chance you could remove the attachment from this post - http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=675
It's the broken version. Thanks.

Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion