This problem has existed for a very long time and may be a dup of http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=239886
which is still not fixed so I want to resurrect it.
Clean install, standard options, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: Standard english.
Skin: Classic repro and repros with other skins
OS: Windows XP Pro SP3
Processor: Intel Xeon Quadcore 2.13GHz
Memory: 3.0 GB
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer With Mouse Wheel
Here are the steps:
and download the groovesalad.pls (playlist file)
2. Open groovesalad.pls in Windows Explorer
3. Show the Playlist editor only (Close the Main Window, EQ, etc...)
4. Collapse the playlist editor
5. Drag playlist editor to the top of display and dock it
6. Click on another application to give it focus
7. Click on playlist editor
8. Scroll Down with the mouse wheel
Scrolls to next item in the playlist
Winamp hangs and Playlist editor stops drawing
Normally I don't use Winamp in this fashion but I like to listen to groovesalad all day long. It just happens that occasionally Winamp is given focus without me realizing it and if I use the scroll wheel then I have to kill Winamp and restart it. I use the scroll wheel a lot so this can be somewhat disruptive.