Old 25th April 2012, 23:13   #1
qtipextra

Need help with Button Action

I've got a button that I would like to execute the playlist "search" function (normally accessed by pressing "F3" on the keyboard.)

code:
<button id="player.button.search" x="-167" relatx="1" y="0" image="player.search" downimage="player.search.d" action=""/>

I need to find out what to put in the action section for this function.

Thanks in advance!
qtipextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 05:07   #2
Balagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
I've got a button that I would like to execute the playlist "search" function (normally accessed by pressing "F3" on the keyboard.)

code:
<button id="player.button.search" x="-167" relatx="1" y="0" image="player.search" downimage="player.search.d" action=""/>

I need to find out what to put in the action section for this function.

Thanks in advance!
GUID code for JTFE is {5F8D8373-EAA7-4390-B5AB-402E86A5F9DD}.

Try next:
code:
<button id="player.button.search" x="-167" relatx="1" y="0" image="player.search" downimage="player.search.d" action="TOGGLE" param="guid:{5F8D8373-EAA7-4390-B5AB-402E86A5F9DD}" rectrgn="1" />

or:
code:
<togglebutton id="player.button.search" x="-167" relatx="1" y="0" image="player.search" downimage="player.search.d" action="TOGGLE" param="guid:{5F8D8373-EAA7-4390-B5AB-402E86A5F9DD}" rectrgn="1" />

It's half-working for me. Toggle button doesn't open JTFE, but is closing it fine.
May be someone can solve it?
Balagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 14:16   #3
qtipextra

Awesome, thanks for the input! In a few days I will see what I can do with this, and we can see what we can come up with.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:38   #4
qtipextra

I am getting a result similar to yours. Upon first launch of Winamp, the button will not do anything. However, if I press F3 on the keyboard, the xml button will then close JTFE. Once the button is pressed again, I get a dialog box with no contents and no functionality.

How did you find the GUID for JTFE?

EDIT: It appears JTFE will close when you click off of it. My button is not closing it on it's own .
Old 29th June 2012, 00:43   #5
Balagun

Quote:
How did you find the GUID for JTFE?
It was published on official site in Changelog at 25/11/2006
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe_dev.html

It doesn't open even using Windowholder with enabled Autoopen option. I don't know why
Old 29th June 2012, 00:47   #6
Balagun

*missed
Old 29th June 2012, 02:24   #7
qtipextra

Do you have the latest version of JTFE installed? My Winamp was still running 1.0.4. Current version is 1.2.5. So I'm gonna install the update and work with the xlm for a min to see what I can come up with!
Old 29th June 2012, 04:30   #8
Balagun

Quote:
Do you have the latest version of JTFE installed? My Winamp was still running 1.0.4. Current version is 1.2.5. So I'm gonna install the update and work with the xlm for a min to see what I can come up with!
I have v1.2.4 (Build 1159)...
Something tells me, that reason isn't in version of JTFE, but I'm not sure...
Old 29th June 2012, 06:18   #9
qtipextra

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the not version too.

I have currently found a work-around that suits my needs, but I would still like to figure out how to get this button to do what I want.

For now what I have done is used an AutoHotKey script to send the F3 keystroke to the current window, being Winamp. However, I have to launch the script from Windows, not from the button like I want to.

As I'm not yet too familiar with XML, I'm not sure if you can make a button launch an external file (the script).

---

I'm trying to create a very easy to use touch-screen compatible interface. Hence why searching the current playlist with a button press is such a huge deal to me. Once the search is opened, I have an OSK program launch, allowing touch-screen typing for search. The problem is I only want to have the osk come up when entering text. I don't want it in the way when I don't need it there.

Thanks for your help BTW. I had put this project away until I received email notification of your reply. It got me back to working on this!
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins