Old 29th April 2012, 13:08   #1
JohnSmither

Cross checking assistance please - new conf. set up

Hi

I have a windows 2008 r2 64 bit vps enabled to run winamp and sam broadcaster.

I have installed winamp.....ish. I can't find it externally through html and Sam can't connect to it.

Steps taken

Created a new .conf file from the basic file supplied.

Started server instance (same folder as .exe) from CMD syntax: sc_serv.exe sc_serv.myserverinst.conf

The cmd suggests it has been loaded, CPU count = 1 starting 1 network thread It has suggested I change the password for adminpassword and password and the [msg] received is the runner and the logger have shut down.

Assuming this is okay I have some other aspects of the server which may assist:

port 80 is currently blocked for xampp.....do I need xampp installed? It may be that IIS is running .....? I'm checking this with my provider.

Is perhaps windows firewall blocking the ports? If so can you direct me to a useful thread for changing this please?

That's all the info I can provide at the moment. I have a system set up at the moment so I know the SAM connection details to be correct.

Many thanks again

as always

/JS
JohnSmither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 23:49   #2
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmither View Post
The cmd suggests it has been loaded, CPU count = 1 starting 1 network thread It has suggested I change the password for adminpassword and password and the [msg] received is the runner and the logger have shut down.
it's not clear from your post if you have actually made the config file change required as it should sit at a message like msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connections when it is in a ready state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmither View Post
port 80 is currently blocked for xampp.....do I need xampp installed? It may be that IIS is running .....? I'm checking this with my provider.
the SHOUTcast DNAS doesn't use xampp. basically all you need is to have port 8000 (or what you've set in the config file for 'portbase') open and optionally 8001 or portbase+1 if you want to allow external sources from the network to connect to the DNAS.

as you are using a hosted setup, that is something to query with them that they allow those ports to be opened or if you can only use port 80 (and then xampp needs to be disabled) or that they even allow you to run programs like the SHOUTcast DNAS at all on their system.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 07:42   #3
JohnSmither

Hi

Thanks for this. It is as equally unclear for me. My config file was changed to port 8010 and I applied some passwords. The only message that could help here is that it shut the runner and logger down, whatever that means.....

:-(
Old 30th April 2012, 08:06   #4
JohnSmither

Some further info....

I am able to continue to load the .conf file which presumably means the server is not on nor listening?

Can I assume if port 8010 is not opened then it will close the instance down?

I don't understand the call to change the passwords when I have already done so; can the passwords use numbers?
Old 30th April 2012, 09:40   #5
DrO
Winamp Team

it'll be easier for both of us if you post the whole of the log output.

-daz

Old 30th April 2012, 17:33   #6
JohnSmither

Hi Daz

That was practically the whole of the output. However I found the issue....

I was required to have different passwords for admin and sc_trans.

Thanks for your assistance. Appreciated.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:39   #7
DrO
Winamp Team

ah, that would make a lot of sense - as the admin aspects of sc_trans are noticeably different from the DNAS. at least you've sorted it out now so that's the main thing.

-daz

Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support