Old 30th April 2012, 18:41   #1
1073WKCR

Not Being Listed On ShoutCast Radio Directory

I hope i put this in the right area. Sorry if i did not.

I have always been listed on the Shoutcast radio directory, but i have noticed in the last few days that my station doesnt come up. I dont have it set to private, so i cant understand why this is happening. Can someone please help me with this issue.

Thank You for your time and concern.
1073WKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 19:37   #2
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

from the details i can get from your site, the DNAS is running fine but it's got its title set as 'IRIE VIBES LIVE' and searching for that gets a listing which matches with the DNAS's details.

i'm assuming that is not the correct title and as such you'll need to check the source software you have connected to the DNAS server and adjust it from there.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 20:13   #3
1073WKCR

Sir my listing is 107.3 WKCR Online... thats not showing up.

http://1073wkcr.com:8000/ OR

http://64.20.38.13:8000/
Old 30th April 2012, 20:20   #4
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

the title has now been changed compared to what i saw when i initially replied and it was was the same DNAS server that i had checked against. searching for '107.3 WKCR *Online*' now provides me a link to the same DNAS server as expected from your post and the station site.

as a note, changing details in the DNAS server can take a while to show up on the main site (due to caching and where in the update cycle the changed details are noted). generally the fastest way to check if it will appear or is known to exist in the system is to look for it in Winamp's SHOUTcast Radio view.

[edit]
well it was there but now it's not. i can only assume it's been restarted or someone has done something on the DNAS side as it was in my reports until just after i clicked reply. all i can now suggest is looking for any errors reported in the log file for the DNAS server.

[edit2]
and now it's showing again in the Winamp view so clearly it can register with the YP, but without knowing what else someone is trying to do e.g. restarting or something else then i'm not going to keep looking at this until there is some confirmation of what is being done.

-daz

Old 30th April 2012, 20:42   #5
1073WKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the title has now been changed compared to what i saw when i initially replied and it was was the same DNAS server that i had checked against. searching for '107.3 WKCR *Online*' now provides me a link to the same DNAS server as expected from your post and the station site.

as a note, changing details in the DNAS server can take a while to show up on the main site (due to caching and where in the update cycle the changed details are noted). generally the fastest way to check if it will appear or is known to exist in the system is to look for it in Winamp's SHOUTcast Radio view.

[edit]
well it was there but now it's not. i can only assume it's been restarted or someone has done something on the DNAS side as it was in my reports until just after i clicked reply. all i can now suggest is looking for any errors reported in the log file for the DNAS server.

[edit2]
and now it's showing again in the Winamp view so clearly it can register with the YP, but without knowing what else someone is trying to do e.g. restarting or something else then i'm not going to keep looking at this until there is some confirmation of what is being done.

-daz

I did restart my server so that could of been it. But for some reason its not showing in the directory..

is their a way you can show me how to look it up in winamp or the directory?

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th April 2012, 20:53   #6
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

restarting the server would explain the disappearance after i'd checked things.

the attached image shows what and where on the site (top part) and in Winamp (bottom part) that i'm looking at things as well as the actual search i'm using.

-daz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wkcr.png
Views:	67
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	49620  

Old 30th April 2012, 21:17   #7
1073WKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
restarting the server would explain the disappearance after i'd checked things.

the attached image shows what and where on the site (top part) and in Winamp (bottom part) that i'm looking at things as well as the actual search i'm using.

-daz
I see it now.. Thank you sir
Old 3rd June 2012, 19:18   #8
jaguilera

Same problem: not listed in YP

First of all, THANKS so much for providing with such a great tool for having our own radio station !. (for me is a dream come true)

After several hours of reading and testing I successfully created my first (of several... I hope) radio station, now my station is up and running (Xonik Radio) and I'm able to access it from outside, my station is listed in Winamp but not listed in shoutcast.com, so I think I have the same problem as other users have reported.

My conf files are basic and I don't think the problem resides in my side so any help with this would be very appreciated, I'm very interested on being listed so I can have more listeners (that't the main point of a radio station

Station Name: Xonik Radio
ulr: http://xonikradio.homeip.net:8000
Genre: Rock

At the moment I'm building my playlists, I hope I can finish in a few days.

Greetings from Monterrey, Mexico
Jorge
jaguilera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 22:13   #9
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

jaguilera: as i'm replying a day after you posted, i have to assume that things are now resolved as i'm seeing your station in both Winamp's SHOUTcast view and also on shoutcast.com.

one thing to note is that due to caching, etc it can take a while after a station is started and gets a valid YP response (as seen in the logs) before it will appear on the site. the Winamp view is generally quicker and if a listing appears in there then it will appear on the site once it updates.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support