Old 20th April 2012, 19:15   #1281
rockouthippie
Banned

> I have much more free space now in my BOOT (C)

Fragmentation doesn't take up significant disk space. It's likely a chkdsk was run as part of the utility and returned orphaned blocks to free space.

> it's Your opinion

Just go RTFM and fix your machine or pay someone that did. I don't need an opinion. I have Microsoft support. That is enough for me to have fixed this machine in a half hour of work and a couple hours of waiting around, not a week.

Your willingness to run screwy apps is probably why you are messed up in the first place.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th April 2012 at 20:58.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 23:44   #1282
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Fortunately I know some computer-experts also in our city. A service-shop is only 2 metro-stations from us away. In the Facebook-Chats I had further "hot discussions" now, and some people hate Windows, because they love their Apple Mac very much.
If Windows itself works good enough, that's good for me. And if my Windows or my harddrive is totally broken some day, then all the reinstalls will follow, but I don't hope that, of course. I will come back onto the websites of Microsoft and their support.
Screwy apps... I don't take each app, I read their recensions, and the most apps are not very interesting. I don't think, that I have too much apps. And I have no one game installed on my computer, because I hate games. I am an artist, not a gamer.
Today my Microsoft Word refused to work, but I was able to write my very important lyrics for the 15th B-Day today (21st April 2012) directly in MySpace without my Microsoft Word, and my Lyrics are as blogs and notices in Last.fm, MySpace, Facebook, MixPod and SoundClick, so that I am very satisfied now. I have also new photo-works there.
Today I only want to think of this B-Day and not of technical problems...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 01:08   #1283
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
happy b-day

Macs are known for having good, professional smooth-running programs for artists, including musical artists. If you know anyone that uses Mac computers, ask to try one for a bit. Personally I'm a pretty hardcore fanboy of Windows computers, but I can't say that Macs suck for music production and still be telling the truth, because the truth is, Macs are great for music production.

In the mean time, you might want to just find an expert to visit your current computers so that the computers can get back to doing what you want them to do rather than giving you distractions.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 01:39   #1284
fc*uk

Merry birfmas!

Though I could start the good old mac versus pc flame war just for fun here .... the honest answer is (coming from a PC user gone Mac):

PCs are every bit as capable as their mac rivals, everything else being equal. Hell the hardware between a mac and a PC is nearly identical since mac started using intel chips. However, things are not equal. For what ever reason most software outfits seem to have better Mac coders when it comes to video and music. As a result, the mac builds of the software have much less problems than their PC builds. I'm not saying the PC builds are total crap because they are not; but they are more error prone and from what I have been able to gather, it all comes down to the coders.

The above is a fairly large assumption coming from my time spent on various music software vendor boards. In some instances some vendors almost seems to allude to the fact that the mac build of what ever software is simply better.

However, that could be heavy speculation on the part of many people.

Getting back on topic. PC or mac, if you've got a computer that you intend to use for creating music, then that's what you use it for. Really. Nothing else. No, not even jacking in online.

The above is actually why I bought my own macbook air. Sure, my real life job gave me one. I took it on gigs about 10 times. The last time it crashed. No bueno.

I've used dj software on many macs and it never crashed. I've used it on my personal macbook more than 10 times and it still has not crashed. On all the macs except for my work issued air that's all they did.

My suggestion would be to build a specific computer for your music. Just about any DJ/producer I have ever spoken with says that they have separate computers for live gigs and music production. Then they have a computer that they do all their other stuff with. The reason: too many headaches to combine it all.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 07:00   #1285
rockouthippie
Banned

This seems like a good place to be deploying virtual machines, so that you could keep a pure environment and still be able to use the machine.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:24   #1286
fc*uk

You know, I'm honestly not sure why no one has tried virtual machines. The closest that people have come something of that nature that I am aware of is dual booting on one computer.

I would wonder if midi or something similar does not play nice in a virtual environment, which is why no one has tried it...
Old 1st May 2012, 04:22   #1287
rockouthippie
Banned

I use VM's a lot. Dual boot is more or less obsolete since it hardly takes any overhead to run another OS, just memory. Running Ubuntu in virtualbox can also have some driver advantages if you have a system that has unsupported hardware. And I have a virtual install of Vista to run a couple programs that don't like windows 7 (or at least 64 bit windows 7).

I don't know about midi though. It might be a problem. It would at least be some fiddling round to get it working. Wine under Ubuntu might be another thing to look at.
Old 1st May 2012, 04:44   #1288
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

About the only VM stuff I do is the XP mode that came with Windows 7 Ultimate. This allows me to use software and hardware that stopped working when Vista came out. I've been pretty happy with XP mode, which acts like 32 bit, even though my computer runs 64 bit 7.

Niggling annoyance:

Each day for the last about 2 weeks, I come home, and then I have to blow my nose through 6-12 Kleenex tissues. I blow my nose and hack, until finally a somewhat rubbery booger comes out, then I'm fine. I'm wondering why it's so hard to get the damn thing out, why it's being produced, and where it's stuck when I'm trying to get rid of it. Clear stuff gets produced and comes out throughout the nose-blowing process, but this wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for the loogie that's stuck. When it finally does come out, it usually comes out so fast it breaks through the doubled-over tissue, so I have to be careful where I do this - usually outside so I don't gross anyone out in the house. It's a pain to go through each day, but quite a relief, I dare say even a small sense of accomplishment, when it finally shoots out.

Old 1st May 2012, 05:18   #1289
rockouthippie
Banned

Probably really dry air......... Electric heat and drier air is what gets me this time of year. Usually gives me a sinus headache to boot.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHsQ8wIwAQ

Luckily modern science has a answer.
Old 1st May 2012, 05:38   #1290
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Oh Ted, I know that!!!...
To have always to clean out the nose with many, many tissues is the worst part of a cold, and I hate especially this part of a cold very much!!!...
If I get a cold (especially in September or December), then it begins with this sucking part. I cannot get my nose really free, and I am not able to relax. If the cold changes to cough, then I can have many coughing fits. If I get circulatory disturbances in such days, then I have to stay in the bed...
But since last November I have something at my bed (my notebook with Windows 7 64-bit, which I have mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread), and if the pains and sicknesses in the bed are not too big, then my notebook can help me to relax and to feel much better immediately...
Edit: I have not seen Your post during writing my own post, rockouthippie...
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:36   #1291
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Sorry so graphic, but yeah, it just bugs me that I have to deal with it each day. I'm not sure what causes it, but luckily, once it's out, I don't have to blow my nose until around the same time the next day. I do use a kleenex tissue or two in the morning, but it's usually not much trouble, which is why I didn't mention it before.

Today's small niggling annoyance... equally gross. The custodians at work don't clean my restroom. Ever. They clean the student restrooms and the female staff restroom, since the boss is female, and the custodians are female, but they don't clean the male staff restroom. There's only a couple male staff members that are male, maybe 6 out of around 35-40 total, and even though we keep it reasonably clean, it sucks that I have to clean the place myself before I use it. No matter how clean the users are, routine maintenance is necessary - wiping down with sanitizer, restocking, etc. and I'm sick of being the one who has to do it when others are paid to do it. I don't want to snitch to the boss, but...

Perhaps I just need to grow a pair and bring it up to the custodian in a respectful way. That would sure beat me having to clean it when there's more job-description-fitting things to do during the work day.

Old 3rd May 2012, 09:06   #1292
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

I have just got a telephone call.
Today they have brought my mother (83 years) into the hospital. They want to keep her for some days. Her blood values are very bad (she has also diabetes and she needs insulin since 2003).
If they don't let my mother come back home and if they put her into a nursing home for our sake, then our life will become worse, although our life is bad enough now, because in Germany the children of the old people and the partners of the children are forced to pay the stay in the nursing home, and mostly the children and their partners don't have this money (a stay in a nursing home is very expensive).
Today I wanted to start the day normally without stress, but for me it isn't a very good day anymore now.
On 1st January I had thought, 2012 would become a better year than 2011, but now I know more and more, that 2012 is also a very bad year.
I hope, it is not a problem to post my new frustration here, but this posting can also be splitted into a new thread in The Bitchlist, that's okay...
Old 4th May 2012, 19:43   #1293
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Today our neighbour has been found dead in his appartement on the other side in the same floor, and he was not much older than us. My mother had her OP today, and her condition is stable. These are mixed news.
You wouldn't believe that, but my mother is a very difficult patient. She had said "No!" and she had protested, when they had took her out of her appartement yesterday and when they had brought her into the hospital, although she didn't want that. But I myself would do the same, and I have hands and feet. Yes, I would fight.
My mother and I have often very difficult discussions, because she isn't reasonable, and some things are necessary. I run against walls. She is a very stubborn and a very unruly person. But I'm not better, I'm also very stubborn, and I can also make mistakes, but some people know that already from me.
Sometimes I want to have my silence and I want to be alone, because a telephone call from her each day can annoy me. In my youth I wanted to be alone very often. And if she will come home, I will be forced again to sleep the first night in the guest bed in her appartement (I had to do that also Summer 2003, after she was also in the hospital for 2 months). But okay, in this case I will take all my artist work in my "business suitcase" with me to show them in her appartement. And I want, that she can come home in some days...
Old 4th May 2012, 21:21   #1294
rockouthippie
Banned

I buried my mom in August after a long illness.... like 20 years after a massive stroke.

Mom's aren't reasonable. Mom's are stubborn.

I finally did put mom in the home. It was just me, and I held out longer than was good for my sanity. She lasted about a year there, and died in late July.

And hell, you do have to interfere with them sometimes of their own welfare.

Try not to. If it doesn't really, really matter.... give them their own way. Do the best you can. She will understand, although she'd probably never admit it. It's important as a matter of dignity that she at least thinks she's still calling her own shots.

Our folks become like our children when they get old. We wouldn't have to stretch very far to be nicer than they were Of course, when they started raising us, they were just kids, so you can't blame em' too much.

Make sure you tell her you love her. Nobody, including her, is gonna hold your screw ups against you. Nobody's perfect.

And take it easy on yourself... You're probably the most critical person you have to deal with.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:14   #1295
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

You are right, rockouthippie.
My mother always tries to do "her own thing", also at home, because she is really very difficult, unreasonable and unruly. She doesn't do, what the nurses in the hospital want, I have seen it yesterday. Oh, I know already, that she will get many trouble with the nurses and many anger, but that's not my problem...
I shouldn't sit too much at home, I should take more time for my mother. Although my own health isn't very good and I have to save me, I should take more often the city train (the "Berliner S-Bahn") and visit her more often, she lives 30-45 minutes from our own home away in her 4-room appartement (and not at such a loud and dirty street). I really should show her, what I have created as the artist. She herself was an actress in the East-Part in Berlin for 3 years, before she changed to the West-Part in the year 1957. My father had played violin, and he had also drawn and painted. I know, what I have got in my cradle...
And the others can imagine, how it looks, if two very stubborn women are sitting together again at the table in the appartement, and if these two women are talking again...
Old 6th May 2012, 16:54   #1296
rockouthippie
Banned

Aw.. what fun would mom be if she was completely reasonable?

What did you want? Donna Reed?

I'll miss fighting with mom. Lunch and a fight.

At least she wasn't boring.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:39   #1297
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

My wife works at a home with elderly people with dementia.

Most often the family says they should have placed their parents there earlier.
Most people want to wait until the last possible moment.
But at that point, they're usually 'too far' to move them from the home they have often lived for decades. If done earlier, they can adapt to their new home and often live happier because they can accept their new home as their own home.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 10:58   #1298
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

I think, it's too late to put my mother away from her old home to a new home. She wouldn't accept that, and she could die very soon. Also the staff member of the law firm, who organizes everything for my mother, says that. 1994 both parents had been put under judicial care, but 2002 they got their rights to make their own decisions back. The law firm is still working together with my mother (my father had died March 2003 with 74 years at home).
Between our births (my sister was born 1964 and I myself was born 1966) my parents had moved Summer 1965 into the 4-room-appartement (since that time they lived for rent, my mother is still living for rent there). Since 1991 the neighbours in the same house try to get rid off my parents, because they were not attractive anymore (without success). I had to disappear, too (1993 I had married). The neighbours themselves are also very old now (some of them had already died, some new neighbours came). But why have neighbours suddenly many prejudices, if somebody in the same house isn't healthy anymore? Everybody can get a very severe disease, and not only "Parkinson" is a very severe disease. People with prejudices aren't very good people in my eyes.
I'm very glad, that my mother isn't dement, although she is very stubborn. People from a nursing station are coming into her appartement each day (currently twice) to control her sugar levels and to give her the insulin (they have keys). She has to wear diapers, but she is watched very good. Currently I myself think, that she can stay in her appartement.
One of the 3 other old women, who have to sleep in the same room in the hospital, is very dement, and she is a real tyrann. I have to be very careful, what I say, if I'm talking with my mother during my visits. I should remove her bandage, bcause she wanted to get rid off it, but I refused to do that, because she has to wear it.
I think, my mother will come home after some further days in the hospital, and the neighbours won't be very glad, because they cannot rid off my mother in the same house...
Old 9th May 2012, 11:50   #1299
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

I always forget details, also yesterday...
My father was as a teacher very popular with the students at his school. 1980 he got "Parkinson", 1987 he was forced to go into the retirement, although he loved his job at his school very much. He walked worse, but he walked. 1989 he was outside, when 2 people crossed his way. They had talked very bad about him: "And such a man was a teacher" (in original: "Und sowas war mal Lehrer"). What kind of people are such people?
Everybody can suddenly come in such a situation, because of an accident, stroke, severe disease or another destiny. People shouldn't have prejudices and they shouldn't be so intolerant.
In my mother's environment there are many people with many prejudices and many intolerances. In my own environment the people are more tolerant and they have less prejudices. Many people with many different cultures are living here, many of them come from different countries.
I'm trying to avoid people with prejudices and intolerances, I want to keep a big distance to them, of course, because I don't want to have conflicts with them, and they should leave me alone.
I had the feeling, that I had to mention also these details to make my other posting complete...
Old 10th May 2012, 02:14   #1300
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I had an opportunity to do something that would allow me to move near where my parents live. I ruined that opportunity today. It was a failed job interview. I'm stuck living far away (6.75 hour drive one way) now, and another job opportunity like this probably won't happen for a very long time. If I would have been thinking better, I could have earned a new job near the same town as my aging parents (they're 76 and 73 and need my help).

I too work at a school, and I too get upset when people say bad things about my profession. I'm pretty sure anyone who is passionate about their job would be upset with someone that talks bad about their work, especially if they put far more into their work than they get out of it.

I am in a bad state of mind tonight, but I'm sure I'll get through it. I hope things work out for you and your family.

Old 10th May 2012, 11:44   #1301
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

I am so sorry for You, Ted, and I wish all the best also for You.
My father was also a departmental manager of French and Latin. Another teacher wanted to have this position (and she got it, when my father had to go away from the school). He had worked very hard, and not all other teacher were really gentle to him, he got also some anger from the director. When his "Parkinson" had become worse, the director didn't want him anymore at his school. It was a forced retirement for my father, he was pushed to the sidelines. This was the "thank-you" for his very long engagement (ca. 35 years), and he was really passionate with his job.
We all love our life-tasks very much, we all are engaged very much, if we all do our work, and we all work very hard and sleep too less (mostly), and the most of us have also a family. It always happens, and it happens very often, that many other people are talking very bad about our work, but we all have to continue and we all should never give up...
Old 10th May 2012, 18:44   #1302
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior of the Light View Post
My wife works at a home with elderly people with dementia.

Most often the family says they should have placed their parents there earlier.
Most people want to wait until the last possible moment.
But at that point, they're usually 'too far' to move them from the home they have often lived for decades. If done earlier, they can adapt to their new home and often live happier because they can accept their new home as their own home.
You got that right. I waited way too long. Maybe 5 years too long. It made an old man out of me. The nursing homes aren't really great either. Most of the people taking care of my mom were pretty cool, but nursing homes are a greed machine and it shows.

The food sucked. The overall care was kinda marginal. I found out I was still spending a few hours a day dealing with mom stuff and spoiling her as best I could. This is for $6700 a month. 3 hots and a cot.

Then there is having that conversation with mom and it's usually when you are way beyond being able to hack it. Even though the person you are talking to has been reduced to a cantankerous 12 year old, they still have rights. Even though they do something every day to give you gray hair... they get to choose what they want to do... it's not right to interfere unless they are at risk of immediate harm. You should always give someone the illusion (at least) that they are calling their own shots. That's dignity. It's also completely out the window when you hit the door at a nursing home.

I think it's just something you get sucked into. You get so burned out. Some of this crap over the years is just like a blur.

My grandpa was out fishing. He was taking a leak. Had a massive coronary. Found him pecker in hand. We should all be so lucky.

My friends mom died yesterday at home. Luckily she was only ill for 6 months.

One thing I noticed. Almost no guys at the nursing home. Maybe it is good to be a bacon eating guy.

If you asked me when I put mom in the nursing home whether I waited too long, I'd say yes. Now that she's passed on, I have a more rested perspective.

Shit happens. Then you die.

Oh Well.

Quote:
It was a failed job interview.
If you really care call the guy and plead 13 hours on the road. Something like... I know I botched up this interview, but I'd really like the job.... Explain why.

I did this once and it worked once. It is pretty brassy, but hell... nobody else is gonna sell you......

If I was looking at a guy that wanted to move back home, I think I'd be looking at a guy that I figured would hang around. That would be a big plus. I wouldn't likely have to replace you next year. If nobody says you're a troll that eats little children, that would sell me.

The hard working teacher dude who plays DJ's dances on his own time, a home town guy who'd like to be near his elderly parents....

Get me a violin... I'd have the guy crying.......

They might still tell you no... but people really hate to say no... If you can give them a reason not to, you got a shot.

Somewhere in the Bible it says something like "Ask and you shall receive". That's not just God. People are pretty decent too.

Along with that goes. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 10th May 2012 at 19:47.
Old 11th May 2012, 02:02   #1303
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

^I will be sending an email on that topic. I figure that another no won't really make it any worse, and that it's worth a try. I'll re-explain myself on the questions I botched and urge them to call my current supervisors who have told me they would support me even though they'd love to see me stay. Even if it's another no, I still have job security down here, and the staff, kids, and bosses are pretty good to work with. Thanks for the encouragement.

Old 11th May 2012, 09:02   #1304
rockouthippie
Banned

> will be sending an email on that topic

I wouldn't use email. Snail mail or personal conversations are better at getting peoples attention.

If you send someone a nice letter, they are gonna be more impressed.

Just from what I generally know about marketing. Snail mail will get responses of about 1:100. Email is 1:1000. People treat email like spam, even if it's not.

You can invite them to use email to contact and use it once the hook is set

Best foot forward...
Old 11th May 2012, 22:16   #1305
fc*uk

This.
Old 12th May 2012, 05:17   #1306
rockouthippie
Banned

The economy is in the crapper. Nobody knows when it's gonna get better. But Barack Obama says he's in favor of gay marriage.

I feel much better now. Good to know we got our eye on the important shit.
Old 12th May 2012, 10:38   #1307
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

In Germany the economy has also become worse from year to year.
After 10 years the prices of eating and living have become 100% more expensive, but we earn not more money than 10 vears ago, the wages and pensions were not increased, and they try to cut wages and pensions.
I have thought very often, if it has really sense for me to be alive, honestly, because my current life isn't very nice with these problems. I have very much depressions and fears very often. But I have to continue, because the world needs me.
You are right, nobody knows when it's gonna get better, but I really hope that, because I finally want to get rid of my depressions and fears...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 12th May 2012 at 11:41. Reason: I needed the Google Translator to translate some parts correctly
Old 14th May 2012, 10:45   #1308
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Today my mother has been transferred to another hospital, for rehabilitation, after she was taken away from home on 3rd May. She has to learn to use her arm again, because her arm still hurts after the fall, she has also to learn to walk home safely.
The 1st hospital was 1 metro-station away from her home (the "Berliner U-Bahn") and for me 30 minutes away (with the "Berliner S-Bahn"). For the 2nd hospital I will have to take a longer way now (60-90 minutes). I will have to change to a 2nd train and then to a bus, and I hate busses very much, because I will have to wait for a bus up to 20 minutes, although my less time is running out of my hands.
My mother doesn't know technic very good, and she isn't able to use the telephone & remote in the hospital, it's a pity, because each hospital has a TV and telephones for each bed today. But many old women aren't able to use the telephone & remote in a hospital. She can turn a knob on and off (for analog radios), she can turn her TV on and off at home from her bed with the remote, and that was it. And she knows nothing about , not yet (I have only told her, that I have a very good player on my computer).
She will stay 3-8 weeks in the new hospital, but if she will come home and I will have to sleep 1-2 nights there, then I will take also my photos, tracks and music-videos etc. with me. Or should I go to bed there without music? Never!...
Old 17th May 2012, 03:09   #1309
rockouthippie
Banned

In America, the economy has also become worse from year to year. After 10 years the prices of eating and living have become 100% more expensive, but we earn not more money than 10 vears ago. Pension? What's a pension? Most of those are now unfunded.

Hey. Look on the bright side. We're not in Greece.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:06   #1310
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Yes, these problems are not only in Germany, also in the other countries...
I should be glad, that I wasn't born in a country, where wars have raged in that time, where people are tortured, where people starve etc.
My own life had been saved with an OP, before I had become 2 years old, but it was a very traumatic time for me. And when I had become 13 years old, my life had become very terrible, because teenagers had abused me, that "Hell On Earth" had lasted 6 and a half years for me. I'm trying not to think of that anymore, but it never goes away again.
There are things that keep me, something has given me new hope 2 years ago.
My health isn't very good, too much stress is very bad for me, and I have to be very careful. I know the results of too much stress since 10 years, and I don't want to experience again.
But it's the economy, which gives me soo much fears and depressions now, and I think, that I'm not the only one with these problems. I will try the best, and I don't want to think of these problems everytime, of course.
I should look on the bright side, You're right.
And I should dive into "My Very Nice World" again now...
Old 17th May 2012, 21:11   #1311
rockouthippie
Banned

Sometimes it's really hard to catch up to now and ignore that you think it's gonna be raining hammers soon.
Old 19th May 2012, 04:39   #1312
rockouthippie
Banned

Today's small niggling annoyance is people with a bug up their ass. You're having a nice day... going along minding your own business... and you run into people with a giant old 20lb bug up their ass.

Uncannily, they usually end up running things.
Old 19th May 2012, 05:14   #1313
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I've got some Raid if you think it'll help. I had to buy it because some hornet nests aren't where you can just shotgun-shoot them or set them on fire. That stuff is pretty expensive, but if I could see the reaction of someone being sprayed with it after acting like they had a bug up their ass, it would be worth it.

I had a bad, bad day at work. I had lots of unexpected small problems happen seemingly all at once plus a bigger issue that I should have handled better but didn't on a day where a few big brother types were there, can't post details here, but luckily things will likely be back to good when I get back to work Monday. Usually when the higher-ups are there, things are smooth and good, but today was bad. They got on my ass about it, but no more than necessary. I'm just glad it's all over and I can take a couple weekend days to get my head back on straight.

Old 19th May 2012, 05:47   #1314
rockouthippie
Banned

Yeah... snap... a can of RAID, a pair of channel locks to get real good hold of the bugger and a shoulder length rubber glove... rubber boots to stomp the bug...

I'm sorry, but you'll feel much better.........

School must be murder.
Old 26th May 2012, 00:25   #1315
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

2 days ago I had met in the appartement of my mother the cleaning lady. She had cleaned again the appartement, before she will be away for 6 weeks. She had started the washing machine twice, and I have to repeat it with further clothes.
We have thrown away expired food, as well as old newspapers. The trash can had a hole, and the table cloth was also damaged. Unfortunately the carpet cannot be saved and must be put also on the waste. I don’t want to tell what happened to the carpet.
I had to buy more things a lot, because there wasn’t enough anymore in the appartement. I had to replace some things. It wasn’t anything in the near, and I didn’t get everything.
I have to go there very often, which also means a lot of stress for me, although very much stress is very bad for me.
On the way home I had fallen on the stairs when I wanted to go up. So glad I didn’t hurt me, but I was very scared. and I see this as a warning that I must be very careful now and not make too much.
I had the problem once before (10 years ago), that for many months I couldn’t walk and speak properly. and I couldn’t feel my arms and legs correctly. It was a very terrible time for me. I don’t want something like that happens again.
I wanted to compose new tracks this summer, but I had to cancel these plans now. a friend told me I shouldn’t make too much, I should get out into nature instead.
Today I have visited my mother in the hospital again, before I have to continue in her appartement.
On the way home I have made a stop-by to visit a lake, I was walking around the entire lake, after 26 years I was there for the first time again. I think that was also very important for me now.
I have to be outside very often now. I don’t like that, I have to solve these problems and I already know how.
PS, I had to work also with the Google Translator to write this text.
@rockouthippie: School must be murder... You're right. School had destroyed my health forever, such things can never be righted.
Greetings again
Old 26th May 2012, 01:10   #1316
fc*uk

Caring for parents is always difficult. I'm in a similar position myself.

My bitch of the day: I tried to resign today. The company I work for told me to think about what I was doing.

How the fuck does that happen. Since when is resignation up for debate?
Old 5th June 2012, 19:39   #1317
rockouthippie
Banned

I try to keep employees if I like them, and a "debate" like that might be more like fishing to try to figure out what's on your mind. If I don't understand why you are quitting....

Most jobs take at least some orientation. No new employee is gonna be worth beans for 90 days. That's spendy.

But the law being what it is, I'd have to dance around with you rather than just ask you upfront.... WTF?
Old 5th June 2012, 23:52   #1318
fc*uk

Given the information I gave in my post, or lack thereof, I could see how you would think that ROH.

To fill in:

Quote:
Me: I am unfortunately going to have to resign due to relocating for personal reasons.

Boss: Why are you relocating?

Me: My wife has completed her training and has accepted a position in Florida.

Boss: What does your wife do?

Me: answers the question

Boss: Wow. Probably not too many places in the country where she can do that.

Me: Nope. And Detroit is not one of them.
To me, that's where the conversation ends. However, I was told I was being hasty and I should take some time to think about what I am doing. Don't serve a resignation letter today (Friday); go home and think about it over the long weekend and make sure you know what you are doing.
Old 6th June 2012, 05:48   #1319
rockouthippie
Banned

Think about what you are doing man... Moving to florida with your wife.... Are you nuts!

Maybe he worked an ex-wife through college. I can relate to that.

Todays bitch:

Weight Watchers

I got a buddy and his wife doing weight watchers. They are gonna drive me crazy. I am starting to get pissed. He lost 1lb this week.

I took off 30 lbs of beer a couple years ago. If it wasn't a mile, I walked. If it wasn't 3 miles, I cycled. My dogs have loved it. Sometimes I haul ass for a little bit because it's fun, but I'm not killing myself.

It's a miracle. I barely float.

What a load of crap. Weight watchers? Take a walk to the store and then have donuts. Walk that mile for that Camel. Now it hurts if I don't get some exercise. Keeps me honest.

How do you tell a guy? Move your ass love chunks! This guy thinks xbox is exercise. Might break a sweat feeding himself. I smoke and I expect to outlive him.

Yay! Let's go talk to some other fat people that drove here and took the elevator up.

Then I got the other side of the coin. My buddy Dennis. He's hard as a rock, but he's almost 60 and you just don't weight train full weight when you're that old. He keeps hurting himself. Dude could probably pick me up with one hand.... once... and then need the emergency room....

Can we make it past 18 holes of golf? Not usually. Not today. I hurt myself... it's raining... what a couple pussies...

My buddies aren't supposed to gimp out before I do!

Last edited by rockouthippie; 6th June 2012 at 07:13.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:56   #1320
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Smokers do have a key advantage that non-smokers have, less appetite but as you said, it takes a lot more than just that to stay fit. My personal opinion is that I can eat anything I can commit to burning. If I slow down on exercise, it'll start to show on the waist if I keep my food intake the same. Luckily this school year didn't cause me to expand all that much, and now that it's over, I'll be back to blue-collar work for the summer, which should tone things up a lot.

That last post of mine... That was a bad day, but luckily as predicted, things were back to good the Monday after.

About the comment RoH made - I knew a guy that paid for his girlfriend as she went through graduate school. He worked his ass off and made a lot of pretty big sacrifices to make it happen. After she got her masters, it took her maybe a month to get a good job as a speech pathologist, at which point she disappeared from our social gatherings. She had us all fooled and I dare say I can usually see through those kinds of things. He never discussed it, but it led us to be suspicious that she may have used and then abandoned him. I don't know anyone here on winamp well enough to guess that would happen to them, but RoH's comment reminded me of that situation.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist