Old 29th April 2012, 23:15   #1
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
We've got animals!

So I think I've gone on about the animals here and what not, figured I'll post some pic's.

Here are the cats, two of em are missing.

This is the great dane pup, Arwynn shes just about under a year old.

Pirate, hes one of them malamute Pyrenees cross type dogs, he's actually from the first litter we had the runt of the litter he actually did sell but the buyer had to return him after six months due to not being able to properly care for him... Came back a lot skinnier than in this pic.

This one is from the last litter still nameless, though we have taken to calling him scamp...

Full on Pyrenees, wookie is the guardian of the outside animals and has never truely experienced what it is like to be an indoor/outdoor dog. I strongly feel that this is probably the best dog we've ever had.

This is the yard... In the back you will notice an area with netting above it, this is where all types of birds are kept from turkey's to ducks, chickens of all sorts, and the doves when the sun it out. In the up left of this picture you should be able to work out a pile of something, this is bark mulch which is used monthly to help deal with the mud situation through out most of the wet seasons.

Benny the pot belly pig. (I wish we could eat him)

And a picture of the horses.

We have various other animals here, doves, love birds, goats, and a few bunnies. General rule of the house is that animals with names cannot be eaten and are pets.

Yes, some of the birds have names. The turkeys do but they can be eaten, their names are as followed: Christmas (eaten), New years, Thanksgiving, whenever-we-feel-like, then all the rest without names.

It's really muddy here, I live on the west coast on an island... So lots of rain, we also have the joy of living right beside a swamp/nature habitat. So any field drainage that we have is more "natural".

These pictures came to be because I decided to finally play with my blackberry camera. Terrible quality to say the least.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 01:47   #2
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Hello mike-db,
is that Your garden? It looks very nice.
My husband and I don't have a garden, we live in lodging, at a loud street (the balcon is on the other side). Our 2-room-appartement (2 rooms + 1 little corridor + 1 little bath + 1 little cooking room) is in the 3rd floor, the 2 rooms have a normal size.
Pets in the appartement are allowed. Currently we are without cats, and I wish to have new cats again, if I see the first photo.
You have very nice photos. And living on an island must be very nice, too...
All the best for Your various family!...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 10:50   #3
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

You have a small zoo!!!! Please don't eat the pig. That's why they have Supermarkets!!!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 11:50   #4
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus Xbox/PS4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Do the birds ever make attempts to attack the pig?

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 12:27   #5
fc*uk

If you ever try to eat the pig, (s)he will sense a mutiny afoot before you can put your actions into play. The pig will form alliances with the horses, dogs, and cats. YOU will lose and will be over run. They will then seize your house. The kittehs will then take charge. It's all down hill from there ...

fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 13:16   #6
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Heh the animals here all get along quite nicely, no the birds never make attempts on the pig.

And widdy, our closest supermarket is about an hour away.

I forgot to mention the other dog we had which was out and about up island, she is a full malamute named Bailey and is mother to both Pirate and Scamp.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 30th April 2012, 21:10   #7
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
If you ever try to eat the pig, (s)he will sense a mutiny afoot before you can put your actions into play. The pig will form alliances with the horses, dogs, and cats. YOU will lose and will be over run. They will then seize your house. The kittehs will then take charge. It's all down hill from there ...

Oh, that's just a myth started by hoomins....."Four Legs Good! Two Legs Bad!"
Oh, I ...er...ummm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ps I ♥ Malamutes!

Last edited by Widdykats; 2nd December 2013 at 15:44.
Old 1st May 2012, 05:57   #8
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

We know a woman in another German village. She has a garden and not only cats. But she herself is a vegetarian (I am a vegetarian, too). She doesn't eat her chicken. She let her chicken die a natural death. Mostly they are killed by other wild animals, and she finds only the feathers of the dead chicken. Sometimes a chicken dies because of illness or because of the high age, then the chicken is buried in her garden. She buys new chicken each spring, and the chicken get their names.
One of her neighbours has geese. Each spring new geese come into the world, and for these young geese the Christmas Time is their death. Only the geese parents stay alive, and the geese father is a real fury. Also the police in this village is afraid of this very dangerous goose...
We have a chicken thread in one of our 2 own forums, where my husband and I are the admins (but we have also many other threads there)...
That means, I am not only in the forums of
Old 1st May 2012, 07:57   #9
rockouthippie
Banned

That's what a guy needs... a geriatric chicken farm...

Wild animals.... yeah usually big old fat rats... Rat's love chicken... Where you have chickens, you have rats... So... you keep the number of chickens down to laying hens only. Roosters get eaten as soon as they are big enough... you get a couple formidable cats... and you get fresh eggs. It's almost worth the fresh eggs.

What would be completely silly is to have superfluous chickens. That's just rat and nutria bait. And they can tear your cats and dogs up....

And when you get the odd rooster, you'll kill that SOB as soon as he gets big enough for the pot. You'll have been woke up at 4am a few dozen times before he's soup ready. Usually his death is one morning at 4:05 AM and you just went outside, broke his neck and went back to bed.

If you were a vegetarian, you might kill the rooster sooner.

A chicken doesn't care if you kill it. Neither does a steer. Pigs? Well... you could make an argument about pigs.... they might be smart enough to care.... Chickens and cattle? ..... more than happy to be lunch. Mantra: I am a McNugget... I am a burger...
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 08:17   #10
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Foxes, martens and birds of preys are trying to get "their meal" directly from the garden...
If my mother would have been born in the west-part of Germany and not in the east-part, then she wouldn't have lost her house after the Second World War, where she had lived as child together with her brother and her sister (she lost her house together with 2 other houses), and I would own a half house in the future. My mother had married 1958 in the west-part of Berlin, my home city (3 years, before the Berlin Wall was built).
Her family had a cow, some goats and also many chicken, until the end of the Second World War.
The garden would have enough place to have chicken and sheep, and I wouldn't eat them, too. My husband and I would have fresh eggs each day. And please don't laugh now, it would be also a very good idea to have a lama in the garden...
Old 1st May 2012, 09:57   #11
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Llamas are much respected here. And are good at keeping the sheep safe. We love llamas. ♥
Old 1st May 2012, 13:00   #12
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
And when you get the odd rooster, you'll kill that SOB as soon as he gets big enough for the pot. You'll have been woke up at 4am a few dozen times before he's soup ready. Usually his death is one morning at 4:05 AM and you just went outside, broke his neck and went back to bed.
A-fuckin-men to that.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 1st May 2012, 15:50   #13
firstworknow

hih, Great photo. I have a cat in my house.
firstworknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 15:55   #14
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Cats should not be eaten. They can be annoying. After all it's their job. Don't kill them, either, mike-db.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:06   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Llamas are much respected here. And are good at keeping the sheep safe. We love llamas. ♥
They spit and bite. Then I punch them. Then they fall over. Now that's respect...

Llamas do not learn either. They will keep trying to bite you even after they've been knocked on their ass a dozen times.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:19   #16
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus Xbox/PS4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
They spit and bite. Then I punch them. Then they fall over. Now that's respect...

Llamas do not learn either. They will keep trying to bite you even after they've been knocked on their ass a dozen times.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:23   #17
rockouthippie
Banned

Smack... thud....
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:04   #18
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Don't hit animals....If you don't like Llamas ...don't go near 'em. I like 'em. They are like GIANT Bunnies...sorta.....
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:44   #19
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
Don't hit animals
I both agree and disagree, dogs, I hit dogs, especially if they do not learn quickly. I do not hit cats, I soak them with a squirt bottle that has no "mist" option just a full on blast of water. If the bottle does not help then a few long wet and cold nights away from the warmth of a fire usually straightens them out.

On that note most of the other animals here require different sorts of attention, some of the horses are rescues, but I do not put up with snitty attitudes.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:50   #20
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Shame on you for hitting your doggies and spraying your cats. Positive training works much better than that.
Victoria Stillwell Seeeeeeeee??????
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:48   #21
rockouthippie
Banned

For cats, a cause and effect approach is useful. i.e. if they are on the kitchen counters, ...as if by magic a broom smacks them....... Spraying them with an extremely mild ammonia solution is also ok.

But the trick is... a cat should never know you are behind these bad things that are happening. It needs to think the broom and squirt bottle are a force of nature. You should only offer sympathy that life treated them so badly.... Poor kitty....

Otherwise, the little shits will wait till you're gone to spray the couch. If they think it's nature... they usually aren't smart enough to figure out it was you.... they wouldn't believe it..... you're there best buddy....

>If you don't like Llama's

How in the hell can you like a Llama? They are meaner than shit. They'll just bite, snot on you or spit at you for nothing. Most things don't bite you when you are trying to feed them. Not even geese, who also like to bite for no reason.

They make nice wool. It ain't a pet.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:54   #22
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

Swans belong to the geese species. In a park the swans can attack the security men, the security men have fears and run away.
In the village the people call the police very often because of this goose, if he is on the street, and he loves to bite people, too. It must look very funny, if the policemen have fears and run away...
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:37   #23
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

My youngest brother is deathly afraid of birds.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:48   #24
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
if the policemen have fears and run away.
What else are you gonna do? It probably is a lot of paperwork to shoot one. They bite hard. You'll bleed. They can be really brave too... If they decide they are gonna take after you, you won't talk em out of it.
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:13   #25
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I like Llamas 'cuz they are cute. I dated Louie...Mike the Llamas cousin.
From very old post

"Don't mention Llamas to me
You're not the one who received The TeleGram
Widdykats:
I'll always remember you, and our highly unusual
love, but I've met someone while back home visiting!
Her name is LouLou!!!!
Try Not To Feel Bad!
Love, (but not much anymore)
Louie! " *sigh*
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:19   #26
fc*uk

I've gotten spat on my llamas so many friggen times. Always the same one and it did not matter if I meandered by it or ran past it. The fekker always nailed me. If I was with a group of friends, again, it waited for me.

Cursed beasts!

But like Widdy said, when it got to the point that I wanted to thwap it with everything I had, I chose a different route.

Somehow, some 20 years later, I'm trying to convince myself that I actually won even though the llama made be go quite a bit out of my way ...

Looked like the white fekker SSJ4 posted too. Smug ass animal.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:08   #27
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Yeah...It takes some will power to walk away, but ya' feel better about yourself. I think hitting animals (and children) is very low rent.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:43   #28
Sabine Klare
Major Dude

You are right, Widdy, never hit animals or children.
But show them their "limits", show them, that they aren't allowed to do some things (for example they shouldn't eat plastic)...
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:16   #29
rockouthippie
Banned

Here's your limit... whack!

As far as kids go... a whack on the butt occasionally is better than liberal brainwashing...

What always struck me is kids that never got hit.... If they lose their temper and get violent.... THEY GET SCARY VIOLENT... Take a hammer after somebody and shit like that....

Maybe their folks should have let them punch their little brother in the shoulder.

The exotic pet nonsense this is... I should have never met a Llama...

I love my dogs... you don't have to be violent... usually... but there are exceptions... open aggression.... or even thinking about growling at me is verboten! And we don't growl at other people for no reason. My dogs rarely growl at anything. What's to growl about? If they do growl, I take the dogs word for it.

That and kids. Don't even think about it dog!

Other than that, it's all hugs. Kitties get swatted off counters by the mysterious force of the universe and dampened by the squirt pistol of kitty gods. Sometimes you have to bribe your dog when it knows it's gonna get a bath and lunge it like a horse in the spring to get the BB brain to not drag you down the street. When it rips your arm out of the socket because it saw a squirrel, a boot might slip. Dogs do understand OW!

We aren't going to hurt each other are we?

But if you came up with 99% hugs... you probably did ok...

Last edited by rockouthippie; 3rd May 2012 at 21:47.
Old 13th May 2012, 01:03   #30
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I have hit, but never hard. It works in certain situations better than nearly anything else. It's kinda like that annoying friend that says something completely inappropriate at an inopportune time. You just have to hit, not enough to harm, just hit; sometimes nothing else works.

I love the pictures mike; please post more. It looks like a good place to keep busy and enjoy being outside.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Community Center > General Discussions