Originally Posted by DrO
when you say crash, do you actually mean the Winamp process completely stops or do you mean that the DSP just doesn't connect?
if Winamp is crashing then a plug-ins list (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
) is really needed as none of what you are describing should be happening.
also might be an idea to pm me your configuration file and in the morning (assuming the DNAS is still running), i'll have a look / try to connect to the DNAS to see what i can find.
Yes, the Winamp process completely stops.
I've been using two different configuration files, both with the same result. I'll pm both of them to you.
I'm trying to do some of the things that were crashing Winamp, so I can check the Windows logs for any useful information.
My first attempt, I let the song run out with Repeat set to Playlist. It didn't result in a crash this time.
My second attempt, I tried to change the input from Winamp to the Mic, and that did it. Here's what I found in the App log:
Faulting application Winamp.exe, version 22.214.171.12435, time stamp 0x4fec7b3e, faulting module lame_enc.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4f4d4fa7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00003deb, process id 0x1658, application start time 0x01cd96bd9e036a4d.
And next in the log:
Fault bucket 3163491309, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Cab Id: 2010878763
These files may be available here:
My third attempt, I tried letting the song run out with Repeat: set to none. It behaved properly this time.
So I tried changing the Input from Winamp to the Mic again. This time, it worked properly.
So I tried changing the Input back to Winamp, and that worked to.
Then I tried once more to change the Input back to Mic, and it crashed. Same errors codes as above.
Interestingly, in contrast to previous crashes, this time Winamp wouldn't go away after I received the failure message. It simply failed to respond. I had to force the program to close.
I don't understand why the song running out isn't causing Winamp to crash anymore, but I guess maybe that's a good thing. I can't help but wonder if something was cached from before the DSP upgrade that might have caused the earlier symptom.
So if we can get rid of the crashing when the Input is changed, that would be a good thing.