Old 6th October 2016, 01:45   #1641
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Gone and Not Gone.

https://getwinamp.com/blog/

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 02:09   #1642
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
Gone and Not Gone.
Yeah but gone (mostly) from these forums

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 1/5/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 20:01   #1643
musicf8

Welp... It has officially been over a year since Winamp's Twitter & Facebook page has been updated

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 9th October 2016, 03:36   #1644
StreetWalker

I am a professional vocalist and currently use the following software to play backing tracks:
1. WinAmp 5.666 (released Dec 12, 2013)
2. "MP3+G Plug-In v1.4 (gen_cdg.dll) is Karaoke General Purpose plugin
3. PaceMaker tempo/pitch controller V2.7 is DSP/Effect plugin
4. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (SP3) running latest Windows 10 Pro.
5. Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer has built-in WiFi Access point and Ethernet port
6. Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver connects to the SP3 and stereo output XR18 ch 15 & 16
All of the equipment has worked together flawlessly for 365 performances since June 2014.

I am considering adding a Denon DN-200WS Wi-Fi Audio Streamer http://denonpro.com/products/view/dn-200ws#.V_m22ugrKVN. This device has stereo balanced outputs that will be connected to the XR18 ch 15 & 16 to replace the Logitech.

This device uses DLNA which is a format Sony introduced in 2003 http://www.techradar.com/news/digita...o-know-1079015.

I plan for the SP3 to connect via WiFi to both the Behringer XR18 digital mixer and the Denon DN-200WS Wi-Fi Audio Streamer. For this to work I will need to create a NETWORK with an external router (2.4+5 GHz) and connect port 1 to the XR18 Ethernet and connect port 2 to the DN-200WS. The DLNA allows either a wired Ethernet connection or WiFi connection to the external router for streaming audio.

THE QUESTION IS: WILL MY WINAMP 5.666 WORK WITH DLNA IN THE ABOVE CONFIGURATION?
StreetWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 13:07   #1645
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Welp... It has officially been over a year since Winamp's Twitter & Facebook page has been updated
And when you send seven mails to seven different addresses within the Radionomy Corporation ...

you will this instant get seven error reports that all of them are undeliverable!

Unbelievable!

Does this firm exist at all?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radionomy2.PNG
Views:	34927
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	52705   Click image for larger version

Name:	radionomy.PNG
Views:	34917
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	52706  
Attached Images

PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 16:14   #1646
StreetWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
[FONT="Verdana"]And when you send seven mails to seven different addresses within the Radionomy Corporation ...
I have not posted here on the Winamp formum for a very long time.
I received a clean email in response to my post from PeterK so what happened here?
Is Winamp forum and software development terminated?
Thanks,
Steve
StreetWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 22:30   #1647
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWalker View Post
I have not posted here on the Winamp formum for a very long time.
I received a clean email in response to my post from PeterK so what happened here?
Is Winamp forum and software development terminated?
Thanks,
Steve
The forum is still active though dead. Winamp development has been progressing... very slowly though. DJ Egg has gave us a lot of insight to the status, so there's no idea when there will be a new version out

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 10th October 2016, 03:58   #1648
sullysnet

I still use this app and wish it would come back again. No offense to the company that bought them but sometimes I feel it would be better to have it in someone else hands that wants it out there.

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 04:08   #1649
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullysnet View Post
I still use this app and wish it would come back again. No offense to the company that bought them but sometimes I feel it would be better to have it in someone else hands that wants it out there.
No argument there. It is kind of disappointing that a former developer, DrO, has been contributing more in the past few weeks than how much the company (radionomy) is willing to put into winamp in the past few years. Still my heart goes out to DJ Egg, Benski, Koopa, and everyone that's still putting some effort into the program.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 10th October 2016, 04:20   #1650
musicf8

Quote:
Does this firm exist at all?
PeterK, I just sent and email to info@RadionomyGroup.com, let's see if I get a response... Though my doubt is high considering when I go to radionomy.com i'm blasted with a huge picture of justin bieber... but at least I didn't get an undeliverable email message.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 11th October 2016, 15:23   #1651
PeterK.

Quote:
The forum is still active though dead.
Very well said, musicf8:

... active though dead ... The same applies to:

www.winamp.com
www.shoutcast.com
www.wiki.winamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/Winamp
https://twitter.com/winamp

... and all we do in this dead forum is gather around the carcass called Winamp hoping it might rise from the dead. But it does not.
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 15:46   #1652
LePousson

Why the hell would you wait for an update of a paying software that seems to be abandonned, that is a bit expansive while you can get a FREE software that is called FOOBAR2000 and that is probzbly more powerful than Winamp has ever been ???
LePousson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 16:12   #1653
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePousson View Post
Why the hell would you wait for an update of a paying software that seems to be abandonned, that is a bit expansive while you can get a FREE software that is called FOOBAR2000 and that is probzbly more powerful than Winamp has ever been ???
because some people don't like foobar2k's interface and have used winamp their whole lives... like me.

Yes, Foobar is free, powerful and customizable, but so are Linux distros and people just prefer the simplicity of mac or windows.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 19:21   #1654
GorillaCat

Quote:
I'm waiting not for a FREE update for the FREE software known as Winamp that unlocks features from the PAID version of Winamp; I'm waiting for any sign that the llama was a phoenix in disguise. Also yeah there's a bunch of alternatives but none of them are Winamp.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 20:00   #1655
ariszlo

Quote:
... active though dead ... The same applies to:
Yes, that is right. But the Winamp Enthusiasts Group is less dead than Winamp's official Facebook page.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 20:09   #1656
musicf8

Too bad it's on facebook

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 21:33   #1657
LePousson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
I'm waiting not for a FREE update for the FREE software known as Winamp that unlocks features from the PAID version of Winamp; I'm waiting for any sign that the llama was a phoenix in disguise. Also yeah there's a bunch of alternatives but none of them are Winamp.
Oh yes, none of them are Winamp ... But Winamp is totally outdated, not improved nor it is fixed for any of its remaining bugs ... There are a lot of features that Winamp will be totally unable to support unless it is is nearly rewritten from scratch ... And you are still ok to pay for this, in case of it comes back maintained ??? I have been using winamp for many many years but now that it is living in the "lost software cemetery", I have permanently moved to FOOBAR 2000, It's my right, and as you ask me to respect your point of view, I ask you to respect mine ...
Old 17th October 2016, 21:40   #1658
musicf8

LePousson, what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
But Winamp is totally outdated ... There are a lot of features that Winamp will be totally unable to support unless it is is nearly rewritten from scratch ...
Please enlighten us about said features that winamp is unable to support without a total rewrite

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 21:53   #1659
LePousson

Total rewrite is probably not the right word at all ...

But, can you tell me that natively, without using any addon or plugin, Winamp is able to play SACD ISOs ?? I don't think so ...
Old 17th October 2016, 22:17   #1660
musicf8

You're kidding me... Winamp is outdated because it doesn't support a niche format from the get go and completely ignore the fact that people could make their own plugins? That would defeat the whole point of offering a input plugin system at all.

Hell, might as well complain that Winamp doesn't support VQF out of the box either. I mean no one uses that obsolete format anymore, but it was popular in the late 90s and I still have a few files, so winamp should have support for it without installing a 3rd party plugin, right? That can be the same for ape or whatever random codecs.

Winamp works fine and is hardly outdated. It supports generally all mainstream formats out of the box and is expandable beyond that via plugins, very similar to foobar2000. Just because it doesn't support whatever format you want right away doesn't mean it's outdated, it means it's not the right program for your wants/needs.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 22:35   #1661
GorillaCat

Quote:
It's my right
Winamp does everything I need it to without issue, if you need it to do something that isn't supported natively or with a functioning plugin feel free to look elsewhere. No one's trying to chain you to a radiator and force you to mainline Winamp. There may be a culture or language barrier since I meant no disrespect or not to over look your rights *cough* to use whatever program you'd like. I'll wait for Winamp to get updated or not. I got the free version, some people didn't. Maybe that's why some people are mad. Sure I'm a fan but the devs don't owe me jack. There are few things that are permanent in this world, Winamp isn't one of them. If Winamp gets an update, great; if not I'll morn the death of a good program then keep using it until it stops working.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
Old 17th October 2016, 22:49   #1662
LePousson

Yes WinAMP is outdated ... the last official release is dated from .... DECEMBER 2013 !!!

Nearly 3 years ... And you don't call that OUTDATED ???
Old 17th October 2016, 23:05   #1663
GorillaCat

You make it a point of people continuing to pay but no one has paid for Winamp in a while and no one continues to pay. So your main point is that Winamp is old and "buggy" and yet it still runs, does what I need it to (export *.m3u files, play common non audiophile formats, play internet radio) and I haven't run into any bugs with this version (other peoples experiences may vary). My point (and possibly that of others on here)is that it just works for me.

On a side note - How dare you blaspheme against the BOLT! Rejecting the Lasher of the Llama within it's own hallowed halls for a "Media player with simple UI and low memory use"!

Relax, it's just a program.

Old 17th October 2016, 23:13   #1664
musicf8

Quote:
Yes WinAMP is outdated ... the last official release is dated from .... DECEMBER 2013 !!!

Nearly 3 years ... And you don't call that OUTDATED ???
Yet Winamp can do pretty much what other media players can, including foobar2k. Hell, it can do things that foobar2k can't even do.

Listen, I get it, you're jaded because of winamp development, and now you're a foobar2k fanboy, so you feel all smug that you're not a winamp user anymore. Good for you, then this place isn't for you anymore, so no need posting about how superior you think foobar2k is to winamp. I mean I get it, some people need the feel of security knowing that their little app is still being worked on, others realize that if it works, it works. To each is their own.

In regards to your definition of "outdated", that is subjective. Some people think outdated can be as early as a few months, others maybe believe it's only outdated when it stops working. I am using Winamp 5.63 because I use ml_ipod so that I can sync with my 6th gen ipod classic. Is my winamp outdated? maybe, but every new version crashes with ml_ipod. Is my ipod outdated? maybe, I mean I got it in 2008, but why would I upgrade, when it works great, for an overpriced phoneless iphone, especially considering it stays in my car? Again, outdated is subjective and I will think winamp is outdated when it stops working. To me, my setup isn't outdated because it works.

btw, isn't SACD outdated? I mean don't they have blu ray audio discs out now?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 23:45   #1665
LePousson

Quote:
You make it a point of people continuing to pay but no one has paid for Winamp in a while and no one continues to pay. So your main point is that Winamp is old and "buggy" and yet it still runs, does what I need it to (export *.m3u files, play common non audiophile formats, play internet radio) and I haven't run into any bugs with this version (other peoples experiences may vary). My point (and possibly that of others on here)is that it just works for me.

On a side note - How dare you blaspheme against the BOLT! Rejecting the Lasher of the Llama within it's own hallowed halls for a "Media player with simple UI and low memory use"!

Relax, it's just a program.
Don't worry I'm totally relaxed ... I still have the right to give my opinion, right ??? If you do not share this opinion, that's ok for me but please let me tell me what I want, even if it does not fit your personal feelings and opinions ...

Have a good night with your 3 years old crap !!!

CASE CLOSED FOR ME !!!

Quote:
btw, isn't SACD outdated? I mean don't they have blu ray audio discs out now?
SACD outdated ? Don't you know that SACD are released every day, even if it is not your prefered music style ... Just accept that other people can have a different point of view than you ...

Have Fun with your 3 years old crap !!!

ONCE AGAIN, CASE CLOSED FOR ME !!!
Old 17th October 2016, 23:47   #1666
LePousson

Old 17th October 2016, 23:50   #1667
GorillaCat

Hey, @musicf8 you called it. It's a pissrace no one here's interested in.

Old 17th October 2016, 23:51   #1668
musicf8

Well, that was fun

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 17th October 2016, 23:53   #1669
GorillaCat

Indeed... (forms nefarious hand pyramid)

Old 17th October 2016, 23:57   #1670
altae

Guys, almost 3 years since AOL got rid of Winamp and you're still lingering around? Don't you think that even if Winamp had made some progress during the last 3 years (which it didn't) that progress would already have been nullified again because of the fact that time did not stand still during the last 3 years (and neither did Winamps competitors). 3 years in IT is like a decade in human life time (or even more).

My last visit of this site was somewhere around the beginning of 2016 and today I suddenly remembered Winamp and I thought why not paying the Winamp website a visit to see if there has finally been any kind of development. But do you know what? The site and all the infos it provides are still 100 % the same as they were by the time of my last visit.

Seriously, get on with your lives, let Winamp rest in peace. Go for one of the many much more sophisticated software players like Foobar, Jriver Media Center, Kodi, VLC, Winyl, Media Monkey...
altae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 23:57   #1671
musicf8

Quote:
Hey, @musicf8 you called it. It's a pissrace no one here's interested in.
I knew what he was doing, you don't post something like he originally posted without craving some sort of attention. I couldn't help but to jump in the "debate" on his flamebait... gave me something to do today on my downtime at work haha.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 18th October 2016, 00:02   #1672
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
Seriously, get on with your lives, let Winamp rest in peace. Go for one of the many much more sophisticated software players like Foobar, Jriver Media Center, Kodi, VLC, Winyl, Media Monkey...
There's nothing wrong with hanging out on a forum and chatting. The fact that I prefer winamp over the others doesn't mean anything. Hell, i'm even using an older version and I couldn't care less if another version is made, winamp works great and does what I need better than any other music player in relation to my preference.

Many people have moved on, a rightfully so, it's all just preference, and if we decide to hangout in the forums while they still exist, who cares? I'm just here to talk about winamp stuff and make snarky remarks

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 18th October 2016, 00:17   #1673
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
Seriously, get on with your lives, let Winamp rest in peace.
NEVER! The BOLT lives within us all, friend...

Anyways I'll give some other players a shot when I have a real reason to.

*BARK*- Watcha say boy? Development has been halted due to circumstances out side of my control?
*BARK, BARK*- Oh, ok *Goes back to watching the Simpsons*

BTW, whos dog is this? It's got this bolt shaped scar and it's carrying a whip. I'm scared...

Old 19th October 2016, 08:09   #1674
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

https://twitter.com/Ed_Rich/status/788650603383754752

Some people might be disappointed, as there isn't a whole heap of new features, mainly just replacements and fixes.
Hopefully, everyone else will be fairly happy though....

Still loads to do, but it's definitely in a very stable and usable state now :-)

Final testing stages first, so watch this space over the next few hours/days/weeks (delete as applicable).

ps. hopefully you didn't get auto-blocked for unfollowing me on twitter :-p
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 09:33   #1675
ampshout

Xmas came early!

I had almost given up hope :P

Wow! Good news

How do you get on the beta test list?
ampshout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 15:15   #1676
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Some people might be disappointed, as there isn't a whole heap of new features, mainly just replacements and fixes.
I think a majority, if not all, people will just be happy there's progress when it's released. Thanks for the update DJ Egg!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 21st October 2016, 15:41   #1677
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I am back now, and hopefully I can keep stable for a longer time.

Currently I cannot be e-mailed, I can be only PMed, and it will need much longer, until I can stop by again in the forums each day and everytime.

But at least next week I can continue with my Live Set Special, my project for future live events.

And for the Winamp Team: Keep up Your good work!...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 15:55   #1678
musicf8

Welcome back

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 22nd October 2016, 14:14   #1679
drugo

hi
i can't believe !
the best audio player ever made is no more dead ??
would an impressive news , impressive
drugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016, 01:06   #1680
evolution76

Send a message via Yahoo to evolution76
Is this for real. The newer winamp? http://winaero.com/download.php?view.867
evolution76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion