Old 22nd December 2003, 22:00   #1
DrO

Auto Video Fullscreen

[edit]
Current version (05/07/2005) - v1.2

This plugin will set the video window to fullscreen mode when a video is played (auto fullscreen).

This was taken from the wishlist and a certain personal request
Quote:
start in fullscreen option
Not much else to say so enjoy

download v1.01

-daz

[edit]fixed a bug Germ was having [/edit]

[edit] v1.15b update post = here [/edit]

Last edited by DrO; 22nd December 2003 at 23:02.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 22:30   #2
Germ
rules all things

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dro is your god - you all shall bow down to him.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 22:48   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Wonderful, Darren!!

I've just updated the Winamp 5.0 Wishlist (Read this first before posting here) Sticky thread to include your new plugin.

I may or may not update the Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread though, since I am not all that certain that this really qualifies as a most requested feature/plugin.

How often has this been requested anyway? I certainly don't need it, but I'm unsure of how many other people do. If a LOT of people have requested it then we can also include it in the Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread.

Anyway, GREAT WORK!!!

P.S.
Don't forget to include a download link for v1.58 of your Time Restore & Autoplay plugin at that page at your site. I'm waiting till it's publicly available for download there before I update the Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread with the newer version.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2003, 23:06   #4
DrO

cheers nunz

good thing you didn't link to the post (after the quick bug fix )

as is should be fine i think (unless you go by it being Germ most wanted )

-daz

doing it now for timerestore
Old 22nd December 2003, 23:15   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
OK. Very good. Then we'll leave that particular plugin out of the Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky thread, and you can just include it at your site instead.

Anyway, Germ's happy now I think.
Are you happy now, Germ?

/edit
Most Requested Features / Plug-ins Sticky updated with download for v1.59. Also updated here.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2003, 05:05   #6
Paparazzi

This certainly is not working for me!!! Do I have to do anything beside enabling it? I've noticed that it does not save the setting when I exit Winamp. Also, I notice that if I enable the plugin and then play a video, the video itself plays at it normal size , but the name of the movie and those play/stop, etc... buttons appear within that small area where the video plays.

One suggestion for this plugin: Can you give the user an option to set the size of the movie (what do you call it frame size or whatever) above which it should switch to full screen? I mean, if its a small low quality clip taken from the net and if its video is spread full screen, it looks awful. If its like a (I really don't know if I'm being understood) normal movie that could be seen normally on a TV or decent screen, then it should be enlarged to full screen.

Cheers
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2003, 06:30   #7
net-cruizer

Neat idea, but it doesn't work properly for me.
It starts almost full screen, lol. About 1 inch of my desktop still shows at the top.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2003, 09:27   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I can reproduce the "setting not remembered" bug (probably easy to fix), and the ESC key seems to be disabled for coming out of fullscreen mode, but apart from that, it's working perfectly ok for me. Tested with DivX, XviD, MPG, WMV.

Are you guys running multi-monitors / litestep?

Hey, it wasn't bad for 20 mins work though
(or was it shorter/longer than that, DrO?)

btw, did you know that you can already start videos in fullscreen mode, no extra plugin required, by editing this setting in winamp.ini ?

[winamp]
video_auto_fs=1

(default value = 0)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2003, 11:05   #9
Paparazzi

I'm running it on my simple ordinary monitor!

And hey ... yeah, its good work irrespective of the time, but the point is that whenever something is given, people end up expecting more than they ever had before it was given

If I get it to run properly, I know it wud do the work irrespective of the format. My request therefore is to let us have an option to decide above what quality (meaning original picture size) the video should go into full screen!

Cheers

And Yeah .... DrO is still da best
Old 23rd December 2003, 13:40   #10
Germ
rules all things

Yeah it's a little screwy now that I've been playing with it - especially with my multi-monitor I'm thinking. I still have faith in Dro's ability.
Old 23rd December 2003, 18:38   #11
DrO

@Egg: yeah about 20 mins that (was cooking my tea)

Quote:
And hey ... yeah, its good work irrespective of the time, but the point is that whenever something is given, people end up expecting more than they ever had before it was given
he he, so true!

i'll have a look at the settings saving thing in a bit.
as for the other issues i'll see what i can do to work around (all i'm doing is sending the needed message to activate fullscreen mode at the moment)

-daz
Old 3rd January 2004, 05:10   #12
DrO

bit later than planned i'm back onto this one

Quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
Neat idea, but it doesn't work properly for me.
It starts almost full screen, lol. About 1 inch of my desktop still shows at the top.
@net-cruizer: is it appearing from the bottom of the winamp window? (if i autoplay/new start of winamp then it will happen for me - weird i didn't pickup on it earlier )

Quote:
Originally posted by Paparazzi
My request therefore is to let us have an option to decide above what quality (meaning original picture size) the video should go into full screen!
@Paparazzi: is specifying the width and height manually fine for you (i don't ususally deal with vids so not sure on default sizes, etc to go with)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
the ESC key seems to be disabled for coming out of fullscreen mode
@DJ Egg: reproduced - seems to lose the focus for some reason
(ok just tested a bit more and if opened from external from winamp then the window does not get the focus but if you click on the window then all is fine BUT i can get the mouse moving messages so may be able to fiddle it i think)

-daz
Old 12th January 2004, 00:34   #13
MarcDK

"remember settings" bug here, too

I also have the "setting is not remembered bug".

I would be very happy if you could fix this.
MarcDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2004, 01:28   #14
DrO

oops, forgot about this one.

too late now (1:30am and i need to be up in 5 hours) but i will get a quick fixed version up by tomorrow night with the saving and maybe one or two other issues fixed i hope

-daz
Old 13th January 2004, 01:32   #15
DrO

Auto Fullscreen v1.09

here's a slightly fixed version (compared against v1.01).

this should fix the 'escape' key issue (altered the way the window is handled if the video is played externally).

found the reason why net-cruizer was having a problem. if the video window is not initially at the top of the screen then top of full screen will appear from the top of where the video window is (you need to manually move the video window to the top before winamp is reloaded to fix this one for the moment - is how winamp is working and not me for a change!).

will save the setting now! (had missed out a line of code )

i'll attempt to fix the window top positioning soon (will need to finish the similar test code from JTFE for this)

download v1.09

-daz
Old 17th January 2004, 20:37   #16
MarcDK

Thanx for your effort!

But it does not work for me. It now saves the settings but when I restart WinAmp and click on a video it simply does not change to fullscreen.
Old 17th January 2004, 21:01   #17
DrO

hmmm, not sure then since it was tested on a basic install of v5.01 and all seemed to be working (on the system i have).

will look into this a bit more since there are a few message hnadling issues i know of and i wouldn't be surprised if that's related.

just had a thought!
what happens if you do a double-click load of a video from within explorer? (thinking it maybe related to the code to handle an external loading that's overriding something)

-daz
Old 18th January 2004, 23:18   #18
MarcDK

I click the video files from the ML.

WinAmp is not associated to my Videofiles in the Explorer.
Old 28th January 2004, 02:28   #19
MarcDK

Anyone here?
Old 28th January 2004, 05:36   #20
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
Well, did you set it to associate with video files in Preferences>File Types?

sfx
EdgeOfEpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2004, 20:33   #21
AtiUser

Send a message via ICQ to AtiUser
DrO, this plugin just works, if "Resize video window to fit video" in preferences is enabled.

Is it possible to fix this issue.
AtiUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2004, 02:09   #22
DrO

Auto Fullscreen v1.15 beta
  1. reworked the internal handling so it works now if resize to fit is on or not
  2. improved loading on start-up (though it may be a bit ropey still)
download v1.15 beta

note: the issue with focus not being set at times (especially if the file is loaded externally when winamp is started) is down to winamp/windows and not the plugin - where possible i try to set the focus to the correct window

-daz
Old 5th May 2004, 00:09   #23
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
  1. reworked the internal handling so it works now if resize to fit is on or not
Well done. Works fine, finally it doesn't matter, if "resize window to fit video" is enabled or not.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2004, 00:14   #24
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

DrO, is there any chance, that your plug-in code goes directly in winamp?

I think, this is a basic feature for all players, wich are able to play video files.
Old 8th May 2004, 17:28   #25
Germ
rules all things

I've tried getting them to code auto full screen in there for awhile but other shit takes priority over this kind of stuff. Sucks.
Old 8th May 2004, 18:44   #26
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
I've tried getting them to code auto full screen in there for awhile but other shit takes priority over this kind of stuff. Sucks.
sucks yes, but that's the way it goes as we all know too well.

but hey, at least there is a way around it for the time being with the plugin

-daz
Old 9th May 2004, 01:34   #27
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
but hey, at least there is a way around it for the time being with the plugin
You are right. But it would be awesome, to see this and other small options, like the ability to disable DSP/Effects during video playback in one of the next Winamp releases.
Old 21st June 2004, 15:19   #28
Steve69

Close the video window ater playback ends - No Longer Works

I have WinAmp 5.03a, Auto_Video_Fullscreen_v1_15_beta.exe and am using Nvidia Nview to use my TV as a second monitor where the Video window resides. As soon as I enable the option for Auto Video Fullscreen the Video Window will not close when playback ends or is stopped (even though I have that option selected in Winamp Preferences) unless I also turn on the option Remove Full Screen on Stop. If you could fix this in your next release that would be really cool.

P.S. Thanks for writing this plugin as it takes one step towards making WinAmp usable with a HTPC. I can't believe they don't even have a shortcut key for Fullscreen Video and you can't define one under Global Hotkeys either. Surely they could add this functionality with about 10 minutes work.
Steve69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 01:24   #29
DrO

ok, after the requests/emails in the other threads in the last day or two, i've made a 1.17 alpha release -> nunzioweb.com/daz/files/gen_autofs_v1_17_alpha.zip

* adds hotkeys (though once in fullscreen you can't use a hotkey to come out due to issues with the mode - need to check with some people about it)
* adds the go to fullscreen on pressing play/pause (even if the original auto-fullscreen function is disabled) -> this may act up on loading which i need to work on

bugs/feedback welcome as normal, now i sleep (since the hotkey thing took too long to investigate and implement the fix around to prevent a hot key fullscreen disable)

-daz
Old 28th August 2004, 00:44   #30
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Dro, sometimes the build in Visualization (AVS and Milkdrop)don't work, when this plug-in is installed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install Auto Video Fullscreen
1. Use Winamp Modern Skin
2. Open the attached visualization window (it doesn't matter if you are using AVS or Milkdrop, both don't work)

Result: The Window is open, but no visualization is shown,

It is very hard to reproduce the bug. Other Visualizations, like Geiss2 work fine.

I have to delete the winamp.ini, or to uninstall the plug-in to run Milkdrop or Avs again.

I use no other third party plug-ins except for: AutoPlay & TimeRestore, Geiss2, Skins in a Submenu, One Click Show & Hide and Find File on Disk.

Sorry, for the poor bug description, but I still hope, that you can fix this, maybe.
Old 27th September 2004, 06:35   #31
Paparazzi

DrO, Would it be possible to have this plugin include a feature that will auto switch between visualisation and Video based on the file type as has been requested ever so often and as has been requested lately out here ? Asked this since this plugin already handles video well.

If this has to happen, its quite certain that folks out here have got just you to look up to!

And while at it, maybe the the current version could be moved out of the alpha stage!

Cheers
Old 27th September 2004, 10:59   #32
DrO

just seen that thread and it's on my todo list. once i've got another of my plugins released this week i'm concentrating on this one since i've promised a few other people that i will (toqer )

and with the new features it will come out of alpha (since the internal feedback i've got is that the current version works pretty well)

-daz
Old 28th September 2004, 10:12   #33
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Sorry, ignore my post above (as you have done before )

I started a new thread in Winamp Technical Support.

My problem occurs without any third party plug-in.

Sorry for bugspam, but as you know, I cannot delete my old posting.
Old 14th November 2004, 16:51   #34
DrO

work has started again on this one...

and one new feature has already been confirmed as working by toqer last night (is the ability to auto-switch off/restore visualisation when video playback begins).

other reported issues and new features are going to be going in (if anyone has emailed me about features of late then i will be looking at them even if i haven't replied back to you)

-daz (coding is a game and i wanna win that game )
Old 26th December 2004, 20:15   #35
DrO

Auto Fullscreen v1.2 alpha 3
  • fixed the prefs options to restore the state of all of the settings now
  • added an option to kill visualisations if running and a video starts
  • added an option for that to not disable if not visible
  • adding in the option to show the video window whatever the current Winamp video setting is
  • added in options for disabling the screensaver when a video starts
  • added in the option to hide the avs window when it's opened (hacky but it works)
  • anything else i forgot to note down
download v1.2 alpha 3

some of the new settings may potentially cause crashes with some vis plugins when modes are switched, etc. if it does happen then please let me know extact versions, sysinfo, etc so i can try to reproduce and see what's going on. other than that, enjoy

-daz
Old 28th March 2005, 23:01   #36
DrLuigi

Auto_Video_Fullscreen_v1_2_alpha_3 (Urgent Help)

Hi,

I have installed your Auto Video Fullscreen plugin (Auto_Video_Fullscreen_v1_2_alpha_3) on a PC with dual head output but unfortunately the plugin still needs some tweaking to be done.

I made a playlist with several MPEG2 video clips. During the sequencial playout, sometimes the videos clips fail to open on the secondary monitor and appears only a black screen while the audio continues to play until it reaches the next video clip. It seems that it happens more often on MPEG2 videos that have a higher compression factor (4Mbps) and less on videos with a lower compression factor (10 Mbps).

The plugin which I recognize is still a "alpha" product is 90% there, according to my extensive tests. All it needs is a little tweaking on your side to become a final product.

Could you please let me know if you have encountered this problem and if you have any ideas if it is possible to "reduce" this Auto Video Fullscreen loading problem by adjusting some parameters.

If you don´t have a solution, do you know of another plugin that is able to do this?

I have tried Powerplay, but I am not able to Automatically open the video in fullscreen on the secondary monitor.

Your soonest reply will be most welcome as I really need this Auto Video Fullscreen feature to playout on the secondary monitor.

Thanks and regards,

Luis Filipe

[edit > JonnyMac]Post split from Fullscreen skin , then merged here. [/edit]
DrLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 23:28   #37
JonnyMac

@ DrLuigi
I have merged your post. Please keep the AVF discussion here. Thanks

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2005, 13:27   #38
DrO

DrLuigi: apologies on not replying to your emails but i've not been around much this long weekend and when i was i had some previous projects to clear up so didn't get around to a reply at the time. i'll reply here since it may be of use to others around who use it, etc

Quote:
I made a playlist with several MPEG2 video clips. During the sequencial playout, sometimes the videos clips fail to open on the secondary monitor and appears only a black screen while the audio continues to play until it reaches the next video clip. It seems that it happens more often on MPEG2 videos that have a higher compression factor (4Mbps) and less on videos with a lower compression factor (10 Mbps).
i'm aware that there is a potential issue where in some cases when playing multiple video files together depending on another winamp setting (i think it's the close window at end of playback) the video may not correctly go into fullscreen for the second video file or it'll restore back to the windowed mode incorrectly. now i'm not too sure on why this happens since in most of the test cases i ran it would work though the order which the internal messages fire at is most likely the problem.

you mention you're working on a dual screen setup. the plugin has only been tested on a single screen setup (since i can't afford to properly run a dual setup) so testing these issues further if it's due to Winamp's normal video handling may be tricky. my thinking is that this is down to incorrect switching of the screen for multiple clips.

i'll try to get a newer build made in the next few days to see if i can get the issue resolved and to fix a few other issues that i've had reported about it recently mainly due to the issue with the filetype switching going on and issues when running under a modern skin. bear with me a bit longer and hopefully i should be able to get something done about this

-daz
Old 29th March 2005, 17:16   #39
DrLuigi

Auto fullscreen video (dual head output)

Thanks for the feedback.

I will wait as long as it takes as I urgently need it for a very important project that I have been working on for some time.
I surely want to continue with Winamp.
Only if there is no solution for my problem then I will be "forced" to look for an alternative media player.

Thanks again and regards,

Luis Filipe
Old 4th April 2005, 23:06   #40
DrLuigi

Auto Fullscreen Video (new build)

Hi Darren,

Can you please update us when will you release the new build that "always" opens the video clips on a sequencial playlst?

Thanking you in avance for your pompt reply,

Luis Flipe
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion