Old 9th January 2004, 17:15   #1
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Balance Slider

Well,

I have this problem, with my balance slider. It works almost fine, but when I slide it, to right or left or whatever, the thumb disappears in the middle of the slider.
When I leave it a bit to the left, it's there, but when I leave it in the middle, the thumb is gone!
I have to reload the skin to bring it back, and can't touch it or the thumb disappears when it is in the middle.

Some tips to avoid this from happening please, because it's veeerrryy annoying!

Thanks.
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2004, 17:22   #2
carlosp
Major Dude

strange. Can you give as the xml code. Maybe there is something in wrong with you code which causes the problem. It is even possible that you group is to small and the layer slider runs out of it groupdef area.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2004, 17:29   #3
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Well, first of all, there are no groups or layers, it's just right on the background.
Let me put the code for the preamp and crossfade sliders with this. They're next to the balance slider, and have the same thumb. Those two work perfectly fine.

<!-- Special Sliders -->

<slider
id="preamp"
action="EQ_PREAMP"
x="10" y="44" w="10" h="46"
orientation="vertical"
thumb="slider"
downThumb="slider.down"
tooltip="Preamp"
/>

<slider
id="Balance"
action="PAN"
x="30" y="44" w="10" h="46"
orientation="vertical"
thumb="slider"
downThumb="slider.down"
tooltip="Balance"
/>

<slider
id="Crossfade"
cfgattrib="{F1239F09-8CC6-4081-8519-C2AE99FCB14C};Crossfade time"
high="20"
x="48" y="44" w="10" h="46"
orientation="vertical"
thumb="slider"
downThumb="slider.down"
tooltip="Set Crossfade Duration"
/>

Have a look at it, and be surprised, just like I was.
Old 10th January 2004, 17:49   #4
mikezee

first of all I must say that this stuff is way beyond my miserable knowledge.. ,
but I think this may sort of relate....
I have also 'strange' problem in winamp-5 (it was no-problem in wa-3). In one of my skins I have preamp slider as "horizontal orientation" (try it, see what I mean) .... so the result is: the 'default' position is not 'center' , but hard left.... so I can drag slider right - , but can not go 'left', also the width of the slider is half of what you would expect, and hard right position is where the center 'should be'. If I load other skin ( any skin with vertical ("normal") preamp slider...and lower the level bellow 'default "0"'....and then load 'my skin' with horizontal preamp slider - I see NO preamp slider's thumb, it's gone... well, if I just click on slider's line, then of course the position is jumping right...and the thumb gets back...

..so I have this 'feelling' that in winamp-5 you have to keep sliders with 'middle default position' (preamp, eq and balance) the same - preamp/eq - keep vertical; balance - keep horizontal.

again, I am not sure about this.... just from my experience..
mikezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 17:52   #5
Michgelsen
Major Dude

My problem wasn't there too with Winamp3.
Well, since Winamp5 is still young, there's plenty of time to improve it. Let's hope they do.
Old 30th June 2004, 15:18   #6
ziege

Any update on this bug? Is there a way to fix it, or is it fixed in v5.04? I've got the dreaded invisible balance slider too.
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2004, 15:28   #7
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Thanks for digging this up. I still haven't solved it. I gave up. It just think it's not my fault, it's Winamp's.
Maybe someone who can fix this will pass by.
Old 30th June 2004, 17:53   #8
SLoB
Major Dude

erm close winamp, then delete studio.xnf, it may not solve it but at least ya can start a new clean one when you restart winamp
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2004, 19:25   #9
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Well the thumb is back when you restart Winamp or when you reload the skin.
Old 30th June 2004, 20:02   #10
ziege

Yeh as Michglesen said, on loading the skin it's fine until you click the slider. I often delete studio.xnf anyway to test out default window sizes and such.

WIP: NSX-999
Old 7th July 2004, 09:37   #11
watercolours

i have encountered the problem mikezee said and couldn't solved, so i changed my preamp to vertical. but balance slider can work horizontally. i have another still existing problem. i have calculated everything fine, but the midpoint is 1px left to middle when horizontal and 1px below to middle when vertical. why does this happen? any idea? can it be due to small size of adjustment bar?
watercolours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2004, 11:25   #12
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Well the balance slider is meant to work horizontally, I just use it vertically so that's why I have my problem probably.
About the 1pixel problem. If you are SURE everything is calculated fine, then maybe it is due to the small size of the slider. I don't know, I never saw the problem.
You could try to enlarge the slider and see if the problem is still there when you do that, if yes, it's something else then the size. If the problem is solved, it is the size that matters (again ).
Old 7th July 2004, 13:10   #13
SLoB
Major Dude

guys i dont know what probs your having with the sliders, there shouldnt be anything rocket science about them
ive used both modes of it with no issues

best to either post or pm your skins and some1 will take a look
Old 7th July 2004, 18:20   #14
ziege

Quote:
Originally posted by SLoB
ive used both modes of it with no issues
Not that I don't believe you, but if you could post an example with a working vertical balance slider then I'd believe it's not a Winamp bug

Here's a demo of the problem.

Download: Balance_Slider_Demo.wal

[Edit: BTW I'm not sure what watercolours and mikezee are talking about, I think that's a different issue]
Old 7th July 2004, 18:47   #15
SLoB
Major Dude

lol i see what you mean now
erm yea i think watercolours & mikezee are on about other stuff which was what i was mainly referring to

but that is deffo a bug lol
well the balance works with no problems horizontally, it makes sense to show it in a horizontal way rather than upright
we'll have to w8 for it in the next bug fix version

it seems a tad bizzare that this should only affect the balance & not the others
i presume its the same function calls for a generic slider so its name/purpose should have no difference (unless? )
Old 7th July 2004, 19:40   #16
ziege

Quote:
Originally posted by SLoB
well the balance works with no problems horizontally, it makes sense to show it in a horizontal way rather than upright
Yes this is true But I like them to match, I have it next to all my EQ sliders, volume, seek, treble/bass, etc... they're all vertical so it would mean having that one odd horizontal one. I'll just leave it for now and hope they fix it at some point.
Old 8th July 2004, 16:18   #17
watercolours

yes, what i was talking was a little different issue but i also encountered the horizontal preamp slider so i had to changed it to vertical as most.
watercolours is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins