Old 10th August 2004, 22:35   #641
AsHopeDies

How about copy/paste...?
Old 10th August 2004, 22:40   #642
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Not in background no...but if you choose Read tags it will work in the background and yield (give up its timeslot in the CPU) if any other thread (for example Winamp or the DL GUI) wants to do anything...

I see, that's great!
but it's only part of what i ment. Maybe i wasn't clear, i mean make DL KEEP scanning to load the WHOLE ROOT info (in background low priority) without having to scroll down, then when loaded, just continue scanning ALL other roots, so after some time (progresbar maybe), all info is there and one could sort, calculate time, etc.. without limit.

As it is now 'read all tags in this folder' is a rightclick menu option, i mean to make it scan ALL tags by default, selected folder first, or an option in prefs to do so.

Last edited by jojo 544; 11th August 2004 at 00:22.
Old 11th August 2004, 02:02   #643
beaverpants

is it possible to make a "move" option? so i could drag and drop from the list to the Tree and orginize files?
Old 11th August 2004, 06:05   #644
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by AsHopeDies
How about copy/paste...?
What are you getting at? What do you want to do?

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 06:08   #645
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kebabrov
Do treeviews even allow multiselect?

It happens when i select the root, and DL is set to show files in subfolders too. (it has about 4000 MP3s inside it)
It still does it... a bit less than before. You really have to throw the scrollbar about a lot now. Had a few crashes doing simple things like switching to Search mode and scrolling in search mode
Well I still can't recreate any of these bugs...got wma-files? What kind of system are you using again?

[edit]Counter that...had one now...but not when Read tags was activated...but it's not easy to make it happen...if nothing else might I suggest you don't scroll like crazy?

[/edit]

[edit2]
This version: Dynamic Library v0.9.1.6c
Same bug?
[/edit2]

/Joonas

Last edited by Joonas; 11th August 2004 at 06:24.
Old 11th August 2004, 09:47   #646
AsHopeDies

Quote:
What are you getting at? What do you want to do?

/Joonas
Make ML Windows Explorer replacement ?
You would achive that by adding cut/copy/paste and rename commands
Old 11th August 2004, 10:45   #647
Kebabrov

ewww, i did have some WMA files. don't worry, i've removed them. shitty shitty microsoft format.

I can only seem to make it crash when read all tags is occuring. It still does it. I guess it could just be ignore... who the hell actually scrolls like this anyways?
Old 11th August 2004, 11:34   #648
Joonas
Forum King

It's sooo strange though...whatever could cause this to crash? But it crashes whether you have wma or not right?

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 11:59   #649
AsHopeDies

Quote:
Originally posted by AsHopeDies
Make ML Windows Explorer replacement ?
You would achive that by adding cut/copy/paste and rename commands
It would sure be a nice addon to your plugin
Ppl didn't need to exit/minimise winamp to organise files.
Old 11th August 2004, 12:15   #650
Joonas
Forum King

Before anything I'd like to solve this crash bug... :/
Anyone else experience much trouble with the tag-reading?

[edit] As a little encouragement for you guys to test this...if we can't solve it we have to go back to frozen DL when reading tags...
[/edit]

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 13:28   #651
beaverpants

not matter how crazy i scroll. with 1200 songs looking at the root. with reading tags. i cant get it to crash.

could you possibly put a .001 secdon delay befor start of reading tags? so that if you crazy scroll it wont do it
Old 11th August 2004, 13:31   #652
Joonas
Forum King

Can't put a delay on that...since it requests whenever it is necessary...but I guess I could wait a few parts of a second before attempting to grab the index so that the index isn't updated right away...will try that when I come home from work in a few hours...

Expect a release tonight you can try...especially you kebabrov since you are the only one who can get it to crash frequently

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 15:28   #653
Jome

Quote:
i think we need to clear the settings to reset the width of the path column... joonas, where are they stored?

edit: got it, registry at (run regedit.exe):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Little Bear Software

usual warning. If you dont know what you're doing in the registry, dont touch it

I still get the "Path" bug..

Can you explain what to do in detail when you got the registry hkey\sw\lb software window open.. ??
Old 11th August 2004, 15:37   #654
Joonas
Forum King

Open the registry editor
Find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc...
look at the right window...look for the text Column #1, Column #2 etc...select them all. press delete.
You're done

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 16:07   #655
Jome

Wishlist:

1. Add "Last changed", "Kbps" as options in playlist.

2. Option to change size of the big yellow folder icon in tree view, allowing a lot more albums on screen at the same time. (Very useful for people with more than 40+ albums)

3. Being able to rename/edit tags directly in DL by hitting F2/rename when Artist or Title is highlighted. (Like MEXP)

4. Making DL ignore folders without media files in them, "temp" folders and "trashcan" and such.. (Proved difficult)

5. Make the scrollbars smaller/thinner, more similar to Winamp's custom scrollbar.

6. Make the currently playing song bold or in another color.

7. Option to make the button(s) in Winamp control DL.
Would make playing albums/big playlists much easier.
(Dismissed for now)

It may seem like I'm bitching, but it's worth it to get possibly the best Winamp plugin ever.. a little more features and it's very possible..

Quote:
Open the registry editor
Find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc...
look at the right window...look for the text Column #1, Column #2 etc...select them all. press delete.
You're done

/Joonas
Lovely, thanks.

Joonas & the rest:

Old 11th August 2004, 16:23   #656
Joonas
Forum King

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jome
[B]Wishlist:

Quote:
1. Add "Last changed", "Kbps" as options in playlist.
Isn't as easy as it sounds...but I will look into it.
Quote:
2. Option to change size of the big yellow folder icon in tree view, allowing a lot more albums on screen at the same time. (Very useful for people with more than 40+ albums)
That might be tricky too...but will look at it..
Quote:
3. Being able to rename/edit tags directly in DL by hitting F2/rename when Artist or Title is highlighted. (Like MEXP)
a MEXP feature that will not come in DL. Sorry.
Quote:
4. Making DL ignore folders without media files in them, "temp" folders and "trashcan" and such.. (Proved difficult)
Yes difficult...also something that MIGHT come...but probably not.
Quote:
5. Make the scrollbars smaller/thinner, more similar to Winamp's custom scrollbar.
Can only make it if I introduce skinned scrollbars...possibly.
Quote:
6. Make the currently playing song bold or in another color.
Will not come in v1.0...doesn't do any customdrawing in the listview..
Quote:
7. Option to make the button(s) in Winamp control DL.
Would make playing albums/big playlists much easier.
(Dismissed for now)
Doubt that Winamp will control DL instead of its own PLaylist...the only possibility is buttons in DL <b>for</b> DL.

Kebabrov & the rest: test this version: v0.9.1.6d available now. Still crashing?

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 16:37   #657
Jome

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas Doubt that Winamp will control DL instead of its own PLaylist...the only possibility is buttons in DL <b>for</b> DL.
If you could put these buttons where the searchbar is now, that would be dope.. maybe make the searchbar smaller, it's big as fuck..
Maybe place them right below the "Dynamic Library" text, for easy access.. ?

Would be difficult to make these buttons co-operate with W5 Main window buttons though, wouldn't it.. or could you just copy those buttons cut/paste into DL ? lol..
Old 11th August 2004, 19:47   #658
Kebabrov

joonas... still crashy like before
Old 11th August 2004, 20:02   #659
jojo 544
Major Dude

No mather what i try, i can't get v0.9.1.6b to crash.

(edit) is it just kebabrov or is anyone else having crashes?
Didn't try v0.9.6.d yet...but i asume its just the delay added right?

*sigh (still) under construction*
Old 11th August 2004, 20:15   #660
Joonas
Forum King

Kebabrov: I still don't see how that's possible You must be a master in scrolling...

However...

This version: 0.9.1.6e

this version tries yet another reason...need you to test each version until we solve this kebabrov...

[edit]
I can make it crash sometimes....but you really have to work for it

oh and this version reads tags automatically when you show the window...can't do it sooner since the files aren't read until you show the window...not yet at least
[/edit]

/Joonas
Old 11th August 2004, 22:23   #661
Kebabrov

yea, thats whats beginning to happen. I really have to work hard to make it crash.

In addition... it crashed as soon as it loaded the first time with 0.9.1.6e. But it doesnt do it any more.

Futhermore, it crashes when u switch between Browse and Search quickly.

I'm guessin something somewhere is not being properly sync'd/paused (wotever supposed to happen) with one thread to the other.

May be an idea to draw a diagram and think hard about what resources need to be shared between the threads, and which ones change, then try and sort it out a bit. I've never done multiple threads before, but it seems a wise place to start.

PS... i dont like this automatically reading all tags business much. Maybe make an option
Old 12th August 2004, 00:08   #662
jojo 544
Major Dude

v0.9.1.6e
Not crash-able

Love the auto read , making it an option keeps everybody happy tho
Order of reading tags now i think is all roots from top to bottom, exept when browsing while reading, the viewed window gets priority in loading tags.
After viewed window, the rest of that selected root should get priority to other roots; until another root gets browsed, priority moves with browsing. Do i make sense?
Forget about that 2nd progres bar,
no need for that if you can get this: '547/1245 file(s) [35:45:17+]' to keep counting during auto-read, now it only counts reading the visablepart of the window, or scroll, even when that root is autoloading tags at the time.

edit:
Old 12th August 2004, 10:09   #663
Joonas
Forum King

Okay...I've made it even more unlikely that two threads will try to access the same item...this really makes me go where no Joonas has gone before

Also added preferences to turn on/off auto-read of tags.

This version: v0.9.1.6g

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 10:32   #664
Kebabrov

OK, on the plus side, i can only seem to make it crash when it isnt reading all tags.

but... it still crashes when it is reading all tags. The most likely time for a crash is when the scrollbar has just stoppped moving. At this point there is a brief pause, and then it starts to read the tags of the listitems that are visible. Maybe there is some piece of code to blame there?
Old 12th August 2004, 10:39   #665
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
OK, on the plus side, i can only seem to make it crash when it isnt reading all tags.

but... it still crashes when it is reading all tags. The most likely time for a crash is when the scrollbar has just stoppped moving. At this point there is a brief pause, and then it starts to read the tags of the listitems that are visible. Maybe there is some piece of code to blame there?
That sound a little strange...you can only make it crash when it isn't read all tags but you can still crash when it is reading all tags? Too many words somewhere eh?

Anyway...this is a bit crippled version...does it still crash?

This version: 0.9.1.6h - Only for kebabrov!

[edit]
Never mind..even I could crash it... *sob*
[/edit]

[edit2]
Kebabrov: Try 0.9.0.1.6i
[/edit2]

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 10:44   #666
Kebabrov

yep, I'm retarded

It can crash when it does read all tags

It doesnt crash (yet) when it isnt reading all tags

Will test this one
Old 12th August 2004, 10:54   #667
Kebabrov

na, still crashy, only switching between search and browse mode now

just tried again, and it managed to read all tags without crashing.
Old 12th August 2004, 11:04   #668
Joonas
Forum King

Eh? You mean you can't get it through the reading even if it just sits there? When I get it to crash I scroll like crazy...and never had any problem with switching...

Anyway...here you get another attempt:

v0.9.1.6j - only kebabrov still..

This version makes use of the ordinary update thread...the one who handles searches and such...that means we'll only get tags read in the selected folder...but if that works that'll have to do...

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 11:06   #669
Kebabrov

no no no, it will only crash when i stress it like hell. But when i scroll like crazy, and it is not 'reading all tags' it seems to be fine.

When you switch, do it just after you stop scrolling... so that it has to read the visible listitems tags, and then switch modes
Old 12th August 2004, 11:13   #670
Kebabrov

wtf.....

does it now keep a cache of the tags? It seems to know all of em just as winamp loads.
Old 12th August 2004, 11:15   #671
Joonas
Forum King

No it reads them as you go...but it doesn't just read the visible part...right now it keeps reading down...if you scroll however it won't read those above the top...but that can be fixed if this works...
but does it crash?

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 11:21   #672
Kebabrov

No crashes as of yet

It doesnt read every tag tho after a bit of scrolling. I thinks that what you were referring to

It does have a lot of flashing while its reading tags tho, which is very annoying. the DL window disappears and reappears quickly, which in turn makes my desktop icons want to refresh underneath it, so everything goes all flickery.

edit:i cant type straight!!!
Old 12th August 2004, 11:55   #673
Joonas
Forum King

Strange...I have no flicker at all on my XP 1900+...

Kebabrov: Does this version flicker and/or crash?

Version: 0.9.1.6k

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 11:58   #674
jojo 544
Major Dude

No crash, no flickering here, but i got it to disapear while reading. 2x altD brought it back.

Reading now moves with browsing
Reads all root (not only visible part)
Counter works perfect

How do you pull this off so fast everytime

Fixing the reading above scrol possition, can be done by scrolling back to top, but i think you can make a better fix so i'll wait for that
When all tags of viewed root are loaded however it stops reading, till another root gets selected, it would be perfect if it keeps on reading all roots in background (progresbar is gone?), but i like it already as it is now

Kebabrov, i tried switch mode while loading tags in visible part of the window and all that other scrolling stuff, but i think you'r the master of crashing

Do you test DL on a winamp clean install? maybe there's something else there what makes your DL crash?
Old 12th August 2004, 12:09   #675
Kebabrov

in a word.... yes it still flickers on load, and sometimes in the middle of reading tags.

When i say flicker... i think what is happening, is that it is closing itself, then reloading itself, because when it comes back it says 'loading...' as if it were reading the list of files in the folders again.
Old 12th August 2004, 12:22   #676
Kebabrov

Yo,

it flickers everytime it changes node (including when it first loads, and it chooses the last selected node). Once it has started reading a few tags, and then change to another node it will flicker for the newly selected node. Then if the previous node is selected, it won't flicker, nor will it carry on reading the rest of the tags that it missed.

If you dont know what i mean by flickerin, here is a quick avi (need Xvid to watch)

www.aspm52.dsl.pipex.com/blergh.avi
Old 12th August 2004, 12:23   #677
Kebabrov

delete this post!

edit: oh well, may aswell use it.

If you select the previous node, it does seem to keep reading them, but it doesnt update the file/time count at the bottom correctly
Old 12th August 2004, 13:13   #678
Kebabrov

Strange Previously Unnoticed Behaviour
-----------------------------------------

I have a folder called 'Drum n Bass, Garage'. Inside this, there is a folder called 'Drum & Bass Arena', inside that is folders CD1, CD2, CD3, which have MP3s.
Also in the 'Drum n Bass, Garage' folder, is a folder called 'Drum & Bass Arena (Andy C)'. When clicking on the 'Drum & Bass Arena' folder, it also includes the files in 'Drum & Bass Arena (Andy C)'.

Drum n Bass, Garage
..Drum & Bass Arena
....CD1
....CD2
....CD3
..Drum & Bass Arena (Andy C)

There seems to be a bug where the sibling (Brother/sister) of a folder is named as the start of another folder.

hope that makes sense
Old 12th August 2004, 13:54   #679
Joonas
Forum King

This version: v0.9.1.6l (yes that's right...a L!)

Less flicker with this?

/Joonas
Old 12th August 2004, 14:09   #680
Kebabrov

na, still flickers.

Its weird, once its flickered, and it says 'loading...', it won't show the list of files in the folder, until after its finished reading all the tags (or until you change node). Makes it kinda unuseable

do you have some rogue code in the repaint code? or anything that would cause it to want to repaint like this
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development