Old 22nd August 2004, 14:38   #721
Carno

Hi Joonas, I also hope you had a good vacation. I found a bug while you were gone. When read ID3 tags is unchecked in prefs, and a new folder is added, not even filename/path is visible. Attached is a picture

Best,

[/edit] in the pic, 6155/6155 refers to the folder years, which isn't currently selected.

[/edit] version is 0.9.1.8f
Attached Images
File Type: png dl.png (12.4 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Carno; 22nd August 2004 at 14:56.
Old 22nd August 2004, 15:28   #722
Joonas
Forum King

okay...let's see now..

* The + sign should be there when files with n/a is around..
* Sorting is fixed...I think
* Clicking columns...fixed.
* Prefs missing line fixed.
* Sunken border visible now yes?

Cancel button will come later...
As for the bug by Carno...I can't recreate it...although I've noticed that playing around with folders containing wma-files is (as always) a bad idea which seems to eat 100% CPU power...will look into that stuff more later.

This version: v0.9.1.9

/Joonas
Old 22nd August 2004, 15:49   #723
Kebabrov

Heya Joonas,

How was your hols?

DL hasnt crashed at all while you've been away, and I havent noticed much strange behaviour (maybe i should open my eyes )

Small suggestion... if you have a root with lots of files, and DL is set to show files in subfolders, it says 'Loading...' for a long time when winamp is starting. During this time, you cant use winamp. Any chance that this could be put in another thread so that winamp can catch up (and then disable the DL window until it finishes, to easily prevent any crashes)

Also, when winamp starts minimised (from closing it while minimised), none of the windows are visible except DL, until it has finished 'Loading...'. Maybe set its window state before it is shown.
Old 22nd August 2004, 17:05   #724
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
ur back! hurray...hope ur break from dyn.lib. was fun
Old 22nd August 2004, 18:34   #725
jojo 544
Major Dude

Nice to see you're back, hope you had a good time out there

no crashes here, no bugs eather
Old 22nd August 2004, 20:59   #726
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kebabrov

Small suggestion... if you have a root with lots of files, and DL is set to show files in subfolders, it says 'Loading...' for a long time when winamp is starting. During this time, you cant use winamp. Any chance that this could be put in another thread so that winamp can catch up (and then disable the DL window until it finishes, to easily prevent any crashes)
Yes it's a great idea...but it would require tons of re-coding...*yawn* Is it really annoying? I only have 2000 mp3s and it takes about 1 second to scan so I haven't thought about it...sorry
Quote:
Also, when winamp starts minimised (from closing it while minimised), none of the windows are visible except DL, until it has finished 'Loading...'. Maybe set its window state before it is shown. [/B]
This is something I will fix tomorrow though

/Joonas
Old 23rd August 2004, 16:51   #727
ZOZO38

can I translate your plugin?

Hello,
I'm french and i would like translate your nice plugin.
Can I and can you tell me what software you're using for edit the text in the part where is a choice to do.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my grammar...

best regards,
Alex
Old 23rd August 2004, 18:01   #728
Carno

Just like the other display bug I had, this one has also disappeared. I don't get it but it's not there anymore so false alarm again.

Thx Joonas

Best,
M
Old 24th August 2004, 04:17   #729
D&B
Banned

Glad you had a safe vacation Joonas, welcome back.
Old 24th August 2004, 17:47   #730
level50

one small request

hey joonas thanks a lottt for this plugin --- i've got a massive number of mp3s and i've never found a good plugin to organize it all clearly

i was wondering if you could make a small change -- i listen to a lot of continuous DJ mixes and i set it to play when i double click

could you possibly add a function that will enable it to play and enqueue the sub folder from which you selected the mp3 from?

thanks
ricky
Old 24th August 2004, 17:52   #731
Kebabrov

Re: one small request

Quote:
Originally posted by level50
could you possibly add a function that will enable it to play and enqueue the sub folder from which you selected the mp3 from?
+1

another setting for "Double click action in listview", and another menu item for the Enqueue button's menu.
Old 24th August 2004, 18:34   #732
Joonas
Forum King

I'm slow...I don't get it

/Joonas
Old 24th August 2004, 18:39   #733
Kebabrov

When double-clicking on the listview, enqueue the contents of the listview (the current folder), and then start playing from the selected file. This will allow winamp to carry on playing the rest of the album when it has finished that song.

once that is implemented, think about adding this:

the above suggestion will make DL act like it is the playlist, since play will continue to the next file in the DL listview. if the currently playing was highlighted a different colour or bold, then it would *look* like the playlist too
Old 24th August 2004, 18:39   #734
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
lvl50 wants to be able to enqueue a subfolder by clicking on one of the files in that subfolder. i think
Old 24th August 2004, 19:59   #735
Joonas
Forum King

Okay I see...this is tricky though...
I mean...it should really be both a Play, Enqueue and Enqueue and play for this too... :/ If you really want to enqueue the entire sub-folder you should pick Go to folder and then Add that folder...

As for the bold or different style of the listview text...nooo I don't want to go there and draw it all by myself...

Bad news for the separate thread when scanning for files...something breaks when I try that and the watch thread (the one that checks for differences in the file structure) acts up and rescans...I asked before and I ask again...is this an important feature?

Sorry...no good news today

/Joonas
Old 24th August 2004, 23:04   #736
Kebabrov

na, the loading thing isnt important at all. Dont worry about it.. at least not until DL v2.0 whenever the hell that gets released

as for the other thing...
surely it isnt that hard. Just program something to do this:
-Remember the index of the selected files
-Clear the winamp playlist
-Select All files in the list view
'Press' Enqueue
-Get winamp to play the file at the selected index

is the listview in C++ really that limited that you cant set the style of listitems easily??? me loves VB
Old 25th August 2004, 08:17   #737
Joonas
Forum King

No it isn't hard to program...what I meant that it is hard to make the GUI...or at least will clutter, because there should be a menu item for each of the Play, Enqueue etc with the extension that they add all files in the subfolder...

/Joonas
Old 25th August 2004, 09:48   #738
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kebabrov
the above suggestion will make DL act like it is the playlist, since play will continue to the next file in the DL listview. if the currently playing was highlighted a different colour or bold, then it would *look* like the playlist too
EXACTLY what I suggested pages ago when people wanted DL to act as a PL.
Old 25th August 2004, 15:39   #739
level50

yeah, what i meant was for DL to enqueue the entire subfolder from which the file came from. for example, if you use the ML that comes with winamp and you create a playlist of a folder/directory (which is what i do) and you double click one song, it'll load this entire playlist into the playlist of winamp. but yeah, i guess have DL act as a playlist?
Old 25th August 2004, 16:16   #740
Joonas
Forum King

That's a feature in ML though...you can select in Preferences what should happen when you double-click...

Although I think it's a silly feature...I often double-click in ML and always get mad when it clears my playlist and adds all files...hrmpf!

But as I said twice above...this thing would imply that I get three more items in the menu - Play all files in listview, Enqueue all files in listview etc....is this what you guys want?

/Joonas
Old 25th August 2004, 18:11   #741
Kebabrov

I see what you mean by messy now (I a bit slow )

Play all
Enqueue all
Enqueue all and play selected
Enqueue all after current

Seems like an idea to put a seperator for those items, or maybe put them in a submenu called 'All files >'
Old 25th August 2004, 19:09   #742
jojo 544
Major Dude

Why all this trouble when you can just: select all, enqueue

*sigh (still) under construction*
Old 25th August 2004, 19:10   #743
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
My point exactly

/Joonas
Old 25th August 2004, 19:33   #744
Kebabrov

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
My point exactly

/Joonas
lazyness
Old 26th August 2004, 02:05   #745
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Pay attention now. If this was added AND a feature was added where the currently playing song was hilighted/bold or something, I would no longer need to have the DL and PL open - the DL would work just fine, as it would appear to work just like the PL (except for my JTFE inlist queuing, but I wouldnt expect it to work.)

To me, this is a good idea. I use the ML, DL, and PL. I like them all. However, I despise having 3 of them. I have argued in other threads that there is an easy way to combime the PL/ML, but these fell on Nullsofts deaf ears, despite other people liking my ideas. Now with the DL, I got 3 windows to deal with. With these two changes the PL becomes redundant (at least while being used with the DL, but not if being used with the ML.) Understand?

I just dont want so many damn windows. Anything that consolidates the functioning of them is a good thing to me. That why I want Joonas to help Dr. O with PlEx!
Old 26th August 2004, 03:09   #746
jojo 544
Major Dude

I see what you mean badrad, i also would like less windows.
But i think the playlist is un-replaceable (exept maybe when D. Dro extended pled will come), and as like you said f.i. jtf and more pled. right-click options wouldn't work without it. And how would we use DL as a playlist, browsing and switching views? i think that would get very complicated. I had high hopes for the single GUI skin, but then i have to wonder will it be compatible with plugins like DL and Extended pled, or would these plugins be compatible with single GUI? I mean, when we use DL instead of ML, and we will use D. Dro's pled instead of the default, again we'll have a couple of windows more I think for now unfortunaly all we can do is wait and see what will come in the future, and still hope there will come a skin, plugin or whatever that alows to combinate different plugins or windows to work together in one window, like the single GUI skin does.
Making DL a ML plugin would be a good step in that direction tho, but it's up to joonas to do so or not, and as he said, DL should be finished as it is first.
As i can think that should happen soon now, but then again, i've had that false impression before
Old 26th August 2004, 05:12   #747
Jome

Quote:
Originally posted by badrad
Pay attention now. If this was added AND a feature was added where the currently playing song was hilighted/bold or something, I would no longer need to have the DL and PL open - the DL would work just fine, as it would appear to work just like the PL (except for my JTFE inlist queuing, but I wouldnt expect it to work.)

To me, this is a good idea. I use the ML, DL, and PL. I like them all. However, I despise having 3 of them. I have argued in other threads that there is an easy way to combime the PL/ML, but these fell on Nullsofts deaf ears, despite other people liking my ideas. Now with the DL, I got 3 windows to deal with. With these two changes the PL becomes redundant (at least while being used with the DL, but not if being used with the ML.) Understand?

I just dont want so many damn windows. Anything that consolidates the functioning of them is a good thing to me. That why I want Joonas to help Dr. O with PlEx!
My thoughts exactly.
I also hate that when you enqueue a whole folder, and then click one of the files in the folder, the playlist clears itself, so that I will have to re-enqueue the whole folder over and over, or click each single file to play time and time again..

Especially annoying when you got a movie separated into several clips, or several movies or series queued up..
Old 26th August 2004, 06:54   #748
D&B
Banned

Quote:
I see what you mean badrad, i also would like less windows....blah blah
It's not perfect, but its a step in the right direction.

PlEx doesn't take the spot of the current PL, it replaces it, and just picks up on any calls the would call the PL and brings up the new PlEx instead, if I remember correctly. That would make it incompatable with any single GUI skin that was not specifically designed for it.

I think the best solution would be through plugins. The DL is a big step, but if you had PlEx and Joonas worked with Dr. O, you could come up with some combination of functionality, collapsable views, and maybe tabs or something that would be lightyears better then throwing three windows around.
Old 26th August 2004, 08:16   #749
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jome
[B]My thoughts exactly.
I also hate that when you enqueue a whole folder, and then click one of the files in the folder, the playlist clears itself, so that I will have to re-enqueue the whole folder over and over, or click each single file to play time and time again..
Huh? In DL? Or what?

/Joonas
Old 26th August 2004, 09:44   #750
D&B
Banned

Just letting you know they are talking about your plugin here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=179079
Old 26th August 2004, 11:00   #751
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Jome
My thoughts exactly.
Change settings in preferences
I realy don't see the problem, if you want to skip a song in the playlist just select the one you want and enter, or double click it, why re-enqueue over and over?

Or is it that you don't want to always switch between playlist and library window? in that case support the single GUI idea. Maybe if joonas and D.Dro work together, also let Play the Spoons join in. Then we'll get there i guess.
Old 26th August 2004, 11:25   #752
siebe83
Forum King

I'm not sure wether this is the right place to discuss all this. I mean: Joonas is making a plugin to easily access your music collection. It has a good search function, nice playback features (enqueue and play, enqueue after current) and it supports playlists. To use DL as the CURRENT playlist is a different thing, imho. And very complicated to code, I think.

The single GUI idea is very nice. You may have noticed that iPlaytheSpoons has been gone for a few weeks now, and the skin needs some work. It's up to him wether he'll support integration of DL, not Joonas. The extended playlist by DrO is something that will take lots of time before it's usable, so not something that's actually relevant at this very moment.

There's also the idea of integration in ML, which I think will slow down both ML and DL. But it's another idea again. Implementation/integration is very nice in the end, but integration into what, when, etc. The idea of seperate windows in Winamp is that every user can use what he wants to use. Implementation automatically means the user is forced to use the other part as well. Imagine the playlist editor integrated in DL, after that plex comes out and you'll have two windows again, or maybe you'll be even unable to use plex. And what about using ML: will that be possible with the current playlist in DL? Will it interact correctly? Very hard to code, I think.
Skins are the best way to dynamically integrate windows, imo (like Single GUI).
I think the most important thing now is to release a stable stand-alone version of DL (I think it's already stable now, btw; maybe some tweaking to do, I don't know).

[edit]
This post isn't meant offensive or something. Just had the feeling Joonas got confused (? ) and gets requests for something that isn't part of the original idea of the plugin.
In the end, hopefully plex will be a cool plugin in which lots of plugins can be integrated. For now, I think the Single GUI is the shortest way to get what you want (if iPlayTheSpoons supports it, off course).

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Last edited by siebe83; 26th August 2004 at 11:40.
Old 26th August 2004, 11:38   #753
Joonas
Forum King

Thank you for that siebe

I think we should get back to finish this plugin...this whole discussion has gotten out of hand in my opinion (however limited that is ) and any such features as you all have talked about lately is something that will not be implemented in the 1.0 release...

Some stuff, like the Move/Copy between folders is more like it to make it...as well as the Cancel button etc.

Some will feel disappointed by this but I want to finish this plugin and move on to some other ideas I have (like perhaps that plugin that fixes broken playlists?)

I need some time off from DL before doing any major changes (á la v2.0) but first I want as many of the small features and bug fixes to make it into the 1.0 release

/Joonas
Old 26th August 2004, 12:30   #754
jojo 544
Major Dude

It's gotten out of hand alright some of us
just dreaming wild

never mind those discussions joonas, your doing a great job

edit: [/QUOTE]some other ideas I have (like perhaps that plugin that fixes broken playlists?)[/QUOTE]

That would be magic!!!!!!
Old 26th August 2004, 19:54   #755
Joonas
Forum King

Big increase in filesize...buuuuuuuut....
* those scrollbars you've been screaming about

This version: v0.9.2.0

/Joonas
Old 26th August 2004, 20:58   #756
siebe83
Forum King

w00t!
cool!

off course, some issues
- dl's scrollbars have a size of 16px, whereas ml's are 14px width
(see screenshot: apparently most skins are optimized for a SB-size of 14 pixels; when the sb's are bigger, it looks weird (noticable with a lot of skins))
maybe decrease size of the scrollbars?
- folder pane always shows scrollbars, even when unnecessary

hehe, cool you managed to do it in the end
Attached Images
File Type: png mlvsdl.png (4.5 KB, 281 views)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 26th August 2004, 23:03   #757
Joonas
Forum King

* Size thing fixed I think

The other thing is some kind of bug in the actual scrollbar library...dunno if it will be fixed. Will do my best.

This version: Dynamic Library v0.9.2.1

/Joonas
Old 27th August 2004, 00:59   #758
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Thank you for that siebe

I think we should get back to finish this plugin...this whole discussion has gotten out of hand in my opinion (however limited that is ) and any such features as you all have talked about lately is something that will not be implemented in the 1.0 release...

Some stuff, like the Move/Copy between folders is more like it to make it...as well as the Cancel button etc.

Some will feel disappointed by this but I want to finish this plugin and move on to some other ideas I have (like perhaps that plugin that fixes broken playlists?)

I need some time off from DL before doing any major changes (á la v2.0) but first I want as many of the small features and bug fixes to make it into the 1.0 release

/Joonas
Then I'll shut up I do love DL, dont get us wrong! Thanks again.
Old 27th August 2004, 11:36   #759
Kebabrov

scrollbars are looking good!

nice work
Old 27th August 2004, 12:06   #760
jojo 544
Major Dude

Yes! You score again Joonas. By reading earlier posts on the scrol bar subject, i never expected this to happen...I think you made a lot of people happy now
Only if you could fix that other bug to make the sb dissapear when not needed it would be complete.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development