Old 1st February 2005, 20:45   #1
newb2k

ghk for file actions

global hotket to....

1)
delete current item from playlist and skip to next

2)
do that but also phuisically move file (optionable and combinable - i mean to make it user defineable where to send the file (folder or even bin)

by combinable I mean for exaple:

pressAlt+e tomove to d:\music\rap
pressAlt+f tomove to d:\music\rnb

thx 4 reading

edit: would be nice if a mod could add a vote for everybody who also wants this feature(s)
newb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2005, 22:32   #2
crackity

Send a message via ICQ to crackity Send a message via AIM to crackity
Re #2:

I really wouldnt be surprised if there isnt a plugin yet that does this but if not I could easily add this to my mp3 Logger plugin.

I currently have an option that lets you copy the file to a given directory (note the directory can be based of the file info (ie d:\Music\%g\%t would move a Rancid song to d:\Music\Punk\Rancid etc). So could add a similar Move option.

You can add an unlimited number of events and each event can be tied to a hotkey and/or mouse click so you could hard code each directory if you want.

I am currently revamping this plugin so wouldnt be too much trouble to add.

Re #1: I could add this option as well. Call it the "Song Sucks" option.

Crackity
QuickTracks: Info & Most Recent
crackity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 16:10   #3
newb2k

Quote:
Originally posted by crackity
Re #2:

I really wouldnt be surprised if there isnt a plugin yet that does this but if not I could easily add this to my mp3 Logger plugin.

I currently have an option that lets you copy the file to a given directory (note the directory can be based of the file info (ie d:\Music\%g\%t would move a Rancid song to d:\Music\Punk\Rancid etc). So could add a similar Move option.

You can add an unlimited number of events and each event can be tied to a hotkey and/or mouse click so you could hard code each directory if you want.

I am currently revamping this plugin so wouldnt be too much trouble to add.

Re #1: I could add this option as well. Call it the "Song Sucks" option.
well, there are some Plug-Ins providing these things (more or less), but not by Global Hotkey.

"d:\Music\%g\%t" is a nice Idea, but not all mp3 have got correct Info in "Genre" etc, so the way i wrote it above should be possible, too

But: Its grate to hear you want to add this to your plugin (I think i dont know it yet)
thanks
Old 2nd February 2005, 18:03   #4
andresillo

Re: ghk for file actions

Quote:
Originally posted by newb2k
global hotket to....
edit: would be nice if a mod could add a vote for everybody who also wants this feature(s)
Nice idea, why don't attach a poll to your post?

The options could be:
  • Yes yes, I want that too
  • Damm no, that sux
  • I don't know
andresillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 19:50   #5
newb2k

Re: Re: ghk for file actions

Quote:
Originally posted by andresillo
Nice idea, why don't attach a poll to your post?

The options could be:
  • Yes yes, I want that too
  • Damm no, that sux
  • I don't know
no i meant to just say "Id like this, too", like thank-o-mat in some forums....

I wanted to add, but while editing i couldnt find the option to do so
Old 2nd February 2005, 20:09   #6
DrO

Re: ghk for file actions

Quote:
1)
delete current item from playlist and skip to next

2)
do that but also phuisically move file (optionable and combinable - i mean to make it user defineable where to send the file (folder or even bin)
i'm starting dev work on my playlist file remover plugin which does this just without the hotkey support at the moment. i'll try and get a test build out which handles at least option #1 correctly (i can't remember how much of the bits for #2 are already implemented), just need an hour game playing first

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 20:21   #7
newb2k

Re: Re: ghk for file actions

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'm starting dev work on my playlist file remover plugin which does this just without the hotkey support at the moment. i'll try and get a test build out which handles at least option #1 correctly (i can't remember how much of the bits for #2 are already implemented), just need an hour game playing first

-daz
great - I hope you`ll be able to add ghk to it
Old 3rd February 2005, 02:33   #8
DrO

let me know how this experimental build works (though it's pretty stable unlike most of my builds i think - v1.7.6 experimental)

there's a few things i need to do to finish it and upgrade to a 2.0 (basically the prefs is crap and the override of the built in winamp physically remove files isn't properly implemented at the moment otherwise the stability of 1.4+ is there ) if things are broke from other people's normal usage then i need to know but that really should be asked in the plugin's correct thread

-daz
Old 3rd February 2005, 06:18   #9
newb2k

so you should link the "right" thread
Old 3rd February 2005, 06:34   #10
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....53#post1172453
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 09:15   #11
DrO

Quote:
so you should link the "right" thread
it was gone 2.30am when i posted that build (when i shouldn't really have even been still up)

so does the hotkey work then?

[edit]
just seen you're pm and report back to others is that it works

-daz
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:43   #12
shaneh
Major Dude

This can easily be handled by ActiveWinamp, as with most simple easily scripted actions. It also automatically has hot key support for all scripts. Saves having to have heaps of little plugins to do every conceivable simple action, and lets you customize it however you like.

Just add the files:

---playlist_Remove and Skip.vbs---
oldpos = playlist.position
Skip
if oldpos <> playlist.position Then
playlist.deleteindex oldpos
end if
quit

---playlist_Physically remove and skip.vbs---
oldpos = playlist.position
Skip
if oldpos <> playlist.position Then
set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
fso.DeleteFile playlist(oldpos).filename
playlist.deleteindex oldpos
end if
quit
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:24   #13
DrO

i was waiting for your post

it's true that ActiveWinamp can do that easily but giving people the choice of what to use is more important i think so now there are now at least two fully feasible options for people wanting this all. scripting is all fine if you know what to do, etc but a lot of people don't and just want to effectively install and go. but hey, i prefer small specific plugins to do the job that they're meant for with full config options for them but that's just me

-daz
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:50   #14
newb2k

will you add the number 2 things, too?

I didn`t know activeAmp is supporting GlobalHotkey?!

but of course its easier to specify a directory by browsing with a plugin then copieing the path to an vbs....

(if you want to move not to remove a file)
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:58   #15
shaneh
Major Dude

If you want to browse for a folder for whatever reason, you can just add the code for that:

dim objShell
dim ssfDRIVES
dim objFolder
ssfDRIVES = &H11
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
'set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Example", 0, "C:\Music")
set objFolder = objShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Example", 0, ssfDRIVES)
if (not objFolder is nothing) then
MsgBox objFolder.Items().Item.Path
end if
set objFolder = nothing
set objShell = nothing

It can easily work on a selection of items too if you want. Or insert items to replace items removed, or do whatever you want.
Hence the extensibility of a script solution.

If you need some kind of complicated GUI, then it makes more sense for a complete plugin. Similar to .bat/.sh files and separate applications under a OS. Of course, you could use .hta to create a GUI in HTML if you wanted though.
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:30   #16
DrO

round 2, battle of the devs

newb2k: i can expand the existing code in there to allow for binding a few move/delete/recycle options (instead of the one mode only supported in the test build) which fits in better with the prefs overhaul i want to do which will make adding in extra ones a lot easier (which is a downside to the script method)

-daz
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:39   #17
shaneh
Major Dude

Well youre always going to be able to write a better standalone plugin. But for simple tasks such as this, which consist of no more than a few lines, and let the user change it however they like, it makes sense. Plus the overhead of yet another wndproc hook and .dll loading and code which is 90% duplicated/redundant from plugin to plugin, loaded in memory the whole time etc,etc doesnt make sense when you can have one plugin which can be extended to script many common actions such as this.

In fact, adding extra options is easier in a script solution, because a user can change it however they like easily in nothing more than a text editor. Without recompiling, or significant debuggin, or even restarting winamp, and without relying on the original developer to get around to adding something, if they feel like it. Example in point, the adding of a browse for file dialog or acting on several files takes a few minutes to add, and could be done by the end user if they wanted to.
Old 3rd February 2005, 15:11   #18
crackity

Send a message via ICQ to crackity Send a message via AIM to crackity
lol I already added both options to my plugin soon after I commented here.... just didnt have time to test it and I wanted to do a couple of other things as well... darnit, beat to the punch. Luckily I can drink away my tears at Mardi Gras this weekend...... woohoo

Crackity
QuickTracks: Info & Most Recent
crackity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 15:36   #19
DrO

Quote:
lol I already added both options to my plugin soon after I commented here.... just didnt have time to test it and I wanted to do a couple of other things as well... darnit, beat to the punch.
heh, i've only been trying to do it in my plugin for well over 6 months now (damn MS and they're double null terminated strings that they don't fully document about which is why i gave up on making my changes to it )

Quote:
Luckily I can drink away my tears at Mardi Gras this weekend...... woohoo
enjoy, just remember to drink carefully, beer goggles are such a dangerous thing

-daz
Old 24th February 2005, 21:14   #20
newb2k

any new betas or something?

would like to know which progrsses you made with this plugin, DrO?
Old 25th May 2005, 23:52   #21
redbar0n

check: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=&pagenumber=1

"Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off." - Thumb Wars
redbar0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist