Old 12th April 2005, 23:54   #1
Newton01

Cannot Load Winamp on WinXP! Help!!!

TechLords:

I have downloaded Winamp, and am unable to run the program. Windows XP tells me NSIS error: program is corrupted.

Please help me fix this problem - I miss my Winamp!!!

Newton
Newton01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2005, 23:59   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
You have downloaded an incomplete or corrupted installer. Disable any 3rd-party download manager you may be using and try again. Also, if attempting to download with the crappy Internet Explorer browser and you have SP2 installed in WinXP, that could be an issue too, since using IE with WinXP SP2 is known to corrupt downloads. Instead, download the installer using a decent browser like Firefox, which has its own built-in and intuitive download manager.

Optionally, after disabling any download manager you may be using, you can try right-clicking on this download link, and then "Save As" that way...

Winamp 5.54 Full (language support, see Winamp 5.54 Released thread for info)
Winamp 5.54 Full (US English installer)

right-click above and select "Save As" or "Save Link/Target As" to download installer

For "direct" downloads of other Winamp packages click here

[edit > JonnyMac] Updated Links for Winamp 5.54 Release [/edit]

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 00:03   #3
JonnyMac

Blah, too late in my reply. Anyways in addition to what Nunzio said...

Delete the current download of the installer file before downloading again.

If you continue to get that error message run your virus scanner with the latest signatures/definitions. Or, use one of the following on line virus scanners...
HouseCall from Trend Micro
Symantec Virus Scan
Command On Demand
Panda ActiveScan

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 04:31   #4
Newton01

Thank you so much for your help! The problem is SP2--I downloaded Firefox, and got Winamp with no problems. I wonder when/if Microsoft is going to fix this problem? (A rhetorical question, BTW)

-Newt
Newton01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2005, 05:19   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Very good! I'm glad it all worked out for you now that you are no longer using the problematic IE browser with WinXP SP2 and instead installed and used a "good" browser.

Happy Winamping!
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 17:52   #6
pkittie

Hi- I'm totally new at this (I got my 1st computer in Dec-emac)-I've tried downloading this in Safari (corrupted files) and Firefox (opens this up in MSDOS and it doesn't give me an option to choose otherwise). I've downloaded other stuff before, but this is hellishly bad.

If you respond, please talk to me like a ignoramus, since that's what I am in this digital world. Thanks!!
pkittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 18:02   #7
JonnyMac

Safari and Emac, you are on a Macintosh

Sorry Winamp is for Microsoft Windows, will not work on a Mac.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
Old 24th April 2005, 18:29   #8
pkittie

Oh crap. Thanks for getting back to me;}.
pkittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2005, 23:55   #9
Meky

I've been having this sort of problem with the newest version of winamp. The last version worked just fine for me, but now it gets corrupted or whatever. I'm not using any sort of a download manager aside from what comes in Firefox, and I am using Firefox to start the download.

Can you provide other links, suggestions, solutions for the newest version of Winamp?
Meky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 23:42   #10
craziemutant

hi uh yea. this doesn't work for me.

i tried explorer and got that one msg.
i tried firefox and still got it.
i tried clearing the cache on firefox, still doesn' work.
i tried clearing files on explorer, still doesn't work.

i've attached my hjt log thing.

someone please help me?
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (4.6 KB, 902 views)
craziemutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 11:46   #11
Playboy Pussy

Winamp 5.09 wont install

hey guys, I have just downloaded winamp and it wont install... says " its not a valid win 32 application "
I am not sure what is wrong with it. Have tried to install fire fox but that didnt work. tried the link for 5.08, still didnt work. I currently have 5.04 installed which works fine. I am no professional when it comes to computers but do understand it to an extent. I even tried recieving 5.08 from friend thru msn messenger but it said " file is corrupted " I hope this is enough information for you.
Thanks
Playboy Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 19:09   #12
siebe83
Forum King

Try one of these two versions:
Winamp 5.08e Full
Winamp 5.091 Full + EMusic bundle

So, which browser did you try exactly? You said you tried to install Firefox but that didn't work. Did Firefox not work, or did the Winamp installer you dowloaded with Firefox not work?
Are you using any 3rd-party download managers/accelerators?

The error 'this is not a valid win32 application', do you get that error when you run the installer, or Winamp itself?

Please provide system specs (including a HijackThis log, info under sys specs link).

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 01:02   #13
Playboy Pussy

Finally it worked

Hi guys, thanks for the reply... but i spent last night trying different things... like turning off a pop up blocker ...etc then i tried opening firefox and installing it. It worked this time. Then i tried downloading winamp 5.091 and that worked. It might have had something to do with it blocking part of download! Any way i am happy now and can download some more skins. lol
Old 1st June 2005, 02:32   #14
Playboy Pussy

Problems again...

When ever i open Winamp version 5.091 i get a message saying cant find winamp Window.... This window is the Vidamp plugin. Also i cant play videos with this winamp. I tried downloading version 5.092 and i got this message ( attached to this ) If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error mssg1.jpg (21.0 KB, 766 views)
Old 1st June 2005, 02:42   #15
Playboy Pussy

hijackthis file

ok i have tried this hijackthis program and have attached the file ... i hope this helps work out what the problem is
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthis.txt (8.4 KB, 1100 views)
Old 1st June 2005, 03:12   #16
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@playboy

The message you reference in your attachment shows similar symptoms to that of the corrupt installer which originally plagued you. Download only from http://www.winamp.com/player (now that i think about it http://www.winampheaven.net and http://www.oldversion.com are kind of gray areas which we can't actually support either, but they pledge no viruses, etc), disable all download accelerators and use alternate browsers. Does this help?

Also, third-party plugins aren't supported. I'm sure if you disable or uninstall the vidamp plugin, your video functionality would be restored. BTW, what video types are you trying to play, as there are other, more stable plugins we tend to push out to curious users. See the relevant stickies in WADiscussion and TSGH for more info.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 04:09   #17
Playboy Pussy

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou....

I cant believe the reason why i couldnt play videos was winamp dont support plugins like Vidamp.... I am such an idiot... i just thought it was something worse... Anyway i fixed my download and installation problem too.... well i hope so. I Removed Winamp from my programs then redownloaded... and had no problem installing it. Next time i will try the easier things to fix the problem ... lol
Old 1st June 2005, 04:11   #18
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
What files are you trying to play? Winamp does have SOME native video support (MPG;MPEG;M2V;AVI;ASF;WMV via DirectShow decoder). Maybe we can help with other types as well.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 04:28   #19
Playboy Pussy

Those files u just listed are the ones i am playing now... I uninstalled VidAmp and it works fine now... Thankyou again
Old 13th April 2006, 22:06   #20
redriver

hey Guys,

I just purchased a DEll Inspiron. Unfortunately it came with the Windows SP2 and Internet Explorer.
I tried to download different versions of winamp, but they seemed to be all corrupt.
I tried also to install firefox, but it says that it has some kind of "unspecified error".

Please could anybody help me on how to install Firefox and Winamp?

Thanks
redriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 10:32   #21
blackcats
Banned

I had this problem in winxp old versions.
When I wanted to install winamp nsis was error, you must change your version of winxp.
I changed my windows to newest version & got result.
blackcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 00:58   #22
kwaa

I've been having this same problem with the NSIS error too! I use windows XP and first had the problem when i tried to install a different .exe file last week. I scanned my computer many times today already so i shouldnt have any viruses or trojans. I had one of the old versions of winamp but i removed the program before i downloaded this one so i don't have a good media player anymore i use firefox and i don't have any download accelerators. is there anything else i can do??
kwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 15:02   #23
9thDudeMan

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
Blah, too late in my reply. Anyways in addition to what Nunzio said...

Delete the current download of the installer file before downloading again.

If you continue to get that error message run your virus scanner with the latest signatures/definitions. Or, use one of the following on line virus scanners...
HouseCall from Trend Micro
Symantec Virus Scan
Command On Demand
Panda ActiveScan
i tried useing firefox i tried doing a virus scan. i have no viruses and i used firefox yet i'm getting an error saying its corrupt. so anyway, u obviously dont know wut your talking about.

p.s. i'm useing windows xp
9thDudeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 15:21   #24
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, and you quoted someone from 2+ years ago...

Empty your Firefox cache
(Tools > Clear Private Data > checkmark 'cache')

Try downloading 5.35 again

Winamp 5.35
Winamp 5.35 Full (5.9MB)
Winamp 5.35 Pro (asks for key during install) (5.9MB)
Winamp 5.35 Full emusic/bundle (includes Patrick Wolf mp3) (8.3MB)
Winamp 5.35 Lite (basic mp3/cd player) (1.4MB)

Right-click the version of your choice and select 'Save Target As'

If the problem persists, attach a HijackThis log.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 19:53   #25
JonnyMac

The Nullsoft/Winamp/SHOUTcast installers incorporate a self check mechanism. Among the various things that could potentially corrupt the download or installer is a virus. In hindsight I probably should have said something like, “As precautionary measure run your virus scanner or use one of the following online scanners.” Regardless of what I said it was just simple advice.

Anyways, that advice from two years ago is the same advice that Sawg gave to you in your other thread.

Read the Stickies
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support