Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 26th March 2005, 15:12   #201
rawshark

Wow thanks for the fast response!
Yes, I'm trying to listen to

Shortee Blitz and Big Ted (under Hip Hop / RnB)

the link points to:
http://promo.kissclients.com/kisspla...ndbigted.shtml

(if that helps!)

thanks again for the help.

EDIT
-----------------------------------------------------------
Alas, I don't think there's much that can be done about it.

Use this one for Kiss 100 Live instead:
http://streamport.kisssys.co.uk/kiss32kbit/.wma
-----------------------------------------------------------

sorry I didn't see this reply. Thanks for trying but I just wanted to listen to an archived show. WiMP is completely messed up on my system so ALAS indeed!
rawshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 15:29   #202
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Yep. Egg's right. Examining the source code of the page that contains the coding for that stream, there is no way to isolate the 2nd half (the actual broadcast), to play in Winamp.

Sorry, but that's just the way the webmaster has it coded.

Complain/write to the webmaster to see if he/she will provide you with the full stream URL. Very doubtful that you will receive any help in that regard though.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 16:12   #203
rawshark

well thanks alot for trying!

btw - the kiss100.com site apparently has no webmaster...no links, no contact info, nothing...nice!
Old 26th March 2005, 16:41   #204
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

LOL
The site has to have a webmaster. It didn't just appear there through Divine Intervention or some act of God (or maybe it did.. LOL).

Nahh... the webmaster is just "hiding" from people like you who experience problems, and then might want to complain.

[EDIT]

Further proof that Egg was right. It is Kerrang crap coding. Or the reverse... Kerrang (and this site) is EMAP Performance Limited crap coding.
This page indicates the site is operated by EMAP Performance Limited, and a Google search for EMAP Performance Limited returns references to Kerrang.com.

Well at least the name - "EMAP Performance Limited" is very appropriate. Limited Performance!! Limited to WMP! LOL!
Old 26th March 2005, 16:50   #205
rawshark

LOL...dunno about God...seems more like the work of the DEVIL! }-]
Old 26th March 2005, 16:57   #206
DrO

that's the problem of these proprietry setups which unfortunately aren't good for those of us who know or don't want to use wmp for everything else since we're better

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 17:10   #207
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

So true Darren, so true.

Aha! I found this. Another Emap Performance Limited crap stream site.

And there it says this...
Quote:
please do not hesitate to e-mail Emap Performance Limited at editor@smashhits.net
And on this kerrang page another email link...
Quote:
please do not hesitate to e-mail Emap Performance Limited at editor@Kerrang.com
smashhits.net... kiss100.com... kerrang.com... it's all the same Emap Performance crap. All these proprietary radio stream sites are run by them. They're all affiliates.

There may even be a valid email address for editor@kiss100.com although I couldn't find it at that site.

Okay, go and complain now, rawshark.
Old 26th March 2005, 17:54   #208
rawshark

yeah...and give my email address to the devil? They'll be bombarding me with WMP propaganda for the rest of my life...
Old 26th March 2005, 18:16   #209
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

LOL
Old 26th March 2005, 18:27   #210
ujay
Forum King

I've used this site before, have a bit of David Rodigan's Reggae program now and again.

The live feed should work o.k. through the embedded player or through Winamp, the embedded stream indicated on the page leads to the one given by Egg above (mms://83.245.15.217/kiss32kbit).

Things are different for the archived streams. Prior to using the plugin I was set up to send these to Window's MPlayer2 (WMP 6.4) where they play fine. Just tried again and no luck in Winamp, plays the first 6 seconds of the pre roll and freezes.
If you're using Firefox it should be easy to set things up so you can choose which player you send the stream to

*/ Afterthoughts.
I've nothing against this sort of stream really if they are used to add worthwhile extra content, AND provided it is an open system that other players can make use of as well.
Real player uses .smil files that also contain embedded events but this is open to all via the Real Alternative codecs.
Try rtsp://flow.hober.com/hober/hober_news.smi for an example of how this system can be used well. Requires Tara with video enabled and broad musical taste

UJ

Last edited by ujay; 26th March 2005 at 18:45.
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 08:21   #211
toyomatt84

Send a message via AIM to toyomatt84
Disregard previous message.

I'm now curious as to why my .asx files are a no show, when I try and open them.

Last edited by toyomatt84; 28th March 2005 at 08:46.
toyomatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 09:07   #212
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm. What previous message? What .asx files? Hello?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 01:03   #213
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
quick post: drag and drop playlist root from dynamic library causes crash.

gen_b4s2m3u.dll
offset: 00004a51

now would this be a DrO or joonas problem?
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 01:11   #214
DrO

does this happen with 1.0 of DL or is it from one of the newer builds? the offset appears to be in the http downloading code but could be caused by some incorrect parsing further up in the handling of it. if i can i'll look into this but i can't think off hand why this one would be crashing from doing a drag and drop (unless it's for one of the playlist's supported by the plugin)

-daz
Old 31st March 2005, 04:26   #215
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

its a beta, but i realized what it was. its a blank playlist. completely blank. if you create a playlist in dl (root > new playlist) rather than loading a playlist, its a blank .m3u file until something is added. the first line: #EXTM3U isnt even added till you add your first file. Ill report to joonas as well.

[edit]so its not just DL, its if you drag 'n drop a blank file with a playlist extension
Old 31st March 2005, 05:37   #216
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, I can't reproduce that.
I just created a blank m3u (zero bytes) and dragged it from Explorer into the WA playlist, and nothing happened - no crash, nada.

Using: WinXP sp2, WA 5.08e with 5.08d downgrader, Playlist Loader 0.9.7.7 and DL v1.0

Haven't tried adding it as a root in DL yet though, and dragging it from there.
Don't see why I should either
Old 31st March 2005, 12:53   #217
DrO

confirmed on Win98 (FE) when dragging an empty playlist onto the playlist editor with the same effective offset.

why the plugin is even scanning m3u files i don't know since it's not meant to unless there's a miss handling in the logic :/

checked a bit more and it also happens for pls files. i tried as well a blank .asx file and that didn't crash so it's this one at fault i'll fix the build tonight hopefully

-daz
Old 31st March 2005, 19:06   #218
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.7.8 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed crash when dragging/adding a m3u/pls playlist file to the end of the playlist
  • Improved error checking related to the above fix
  • Dragging an empty playlist on to the main Winamp window now popups up the Open File dialog (just like Winamp does for m3u/pls)
get v0.9.7.8

Hopefully that crash is now gone for you billy!

-daz
Old 31st March 2005, 20:43   #219
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

i fell upon this by accident...this just smooths over the rough parts of the plugin

i had reformatted HD and reinstalled XP pro in hopes that my comp. wouldnt be so special anymore...but i guess, it will always be special!
Old 31st March 2005, 20:47   #220
DrO

hehe, yeah your machine whatever seems to be special and it's good it was found (though it's a less common thing to be using a null playlist in the first place )

-daz
Old 31st March 2005, 21:13   #221
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Meh! I'd never get any crash because I'd never use or see a need to use a null playlist, but of course I've just gone and installed v0.9.7.8.

Why? Because I always use Darren's latest updates, whether I need them or not.
Call me crazy... call me addicted... but that's just the way it is.

[OFF-TOPIC]

@ Darren...

Let's see... you've got what now? About 3,274 plugins under your belt? LOL j/k but you do have quite a lot.

Have you ever considered revising them all slightly so that they are listed in Preferences with the name of the actuall .dll file included?

Eg:
Instead of: Playlist Loader v0.9.7.8
It would display: Playlist Loader v0.9.7.8 [gen_b4s2m3u.dll]

Many other plugins are displayed that way in Preferences, and it does in fact make it easier to locate/see what the exact plugin name is. Especially the Playlist Loader, where the actual plugin name can never be "guessed" by anyone not familiar with the original B4S Playlist Loader plugin. Also useful in cases where things may need to be temp-disabled, as well as just generally useful IMHO, not just for me, but for everybody else, including newbies who have no idea that .dll files are the actual plugins, and have no idea that General plugin file names are preceded by gen_, DSP/Effect preceded by dsp_, Input by in_, Output by out_, etc, etc.

Just a thought, Darren. Also wondering how easy it would be to change things in that regard.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 1st April 2005, 12:52   #222
DrO

there's too many to list (i've gone past 30 now based on my last count and a few i've dabbled with recently which makes doing a single web page to list them all a bit tricky [which is ~50% done at the moment]

as for the 'Playlist Loader v0.9.7.8 [gen_b4s2m3u.dll]' part i understand what you mean. i did start doing it like that initially back in 2003 for the plugins i was starting then but to make the code easier to manage at that time i dropped it. i'll consider doing it for newer builds of all of the plugins (personally i find it clutters up the list's view but hey, if need be i can always make a mini plugin to remove them from that list ) but yeah, it's easy to reimplement with the way my source files, etc are setup now

-daz
Old 5th April 2005, 18:58   #223
toyomatt84

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Hmm. What previous message? What .asx files? Hello?
I apologize for the late response. I've been consumed by a large amount of work at home, and haven't had time to reply.

I have a Best Motoring clip that is in .asx format. It has a different icon than the standard white paper with the black winamp symbol on it. It has the orange winamp symbol as the icon. Everytime I double click the file, the player opens, but doesn't play the file. Is there anything I can do?
Old 5th April 2005, 19:05   #224
DrO

can you attach the asx file just so i can get an idea of what it's trying to load?

-daz
Old 5th April 2005, 19:13   #225
ujay
Forum King

The orange logo will be because it's a playlist file.
The actual stream it refers to in the file may no longer be active.

Try opening the asx file in Notepad and post the contents here(assuming it's just a few line )

[edit] Late as usual

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2005, 21:57   #226
toyomatt84

The file is 22 megabytes, so attaching it would be quite difficult. Also, when I try to open it with Notepad, It locks up my pc.
Old 5th April 2005, 22:00   #227
DrO

hmm, that doesn't sound right (a 22Mb asx file that is).

the asx file should just be a small (a few kb at most) text file. is this from a public link, if so can you provide the link to it? other than that, it sounds almost like a mis-named file. does it play correctly when you add it into windows media player?

-daz
Old 5th April 2005, 22:01   #228
toyomatt84

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried a quick fix on the file that some people might like.

The file's original format was (.asx).
I simply renamed it to (.asf) and the file works perfectly.

Such a simple solution to an annoying problem.
Old 5th April 2005, 22:02   #229
DrO

heh, i was right it was a mis-named file

glad it's working now anyway

-daz
Old 6th April 2005, 06:34   #230
toyomatt84

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
heh, i was right it was a mis-named file

glad it's working now anyway

-daz
Me as well.
Old 10th April 2005, 22:00   #231
endless17

minor annoyance. on some .wax files there will be an option between both http and mms protocols. NPR.org's streaming for All Things Considered breaks each show into it's own seperate .wma file (this sunday's weekend edition has 17 for instance), and each of those has a seperate mms and http instance for compatability.

the problem is that your plugin will play all the files, so i have in this case 34 entries, each two of which are repeats but on seperate protocol. is there anyway that you can program your plugin to filter out similar filenames with different protocols?

----
feed me.
endless17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 14:00   #232
DrO

the main issue really is that the asx based file formats (which includes wax) are pretty poor when it comes to gaining information about what the included entries are for when you're just looking at the entries. due to that, as you've found, it was felt by myself and DJ Egg who worked closely with me on this that it would easier to just add in all the entries and let the user remove them.

with regards to a filter action, i guess it could be possible to scan the entries added and depending on a default preference it would remove the http:// or the mms:// ones if a duplicate of both was found. the main concern i have with this is that in most cases it's safe to assume that any duplicates will be the same stream content but as has been found when dealing with these files, things can't really be assumed to work that way

i'll add to my todo list for this to see if some type of filter action can be implemented (though main developement work is on other projects at the moment so it may be a few months before i can properly look into doing this)

-daz
Old 28th April 2005, 01:22   #233
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.8.0 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Implemented html entity processing (e.g. such as ' and &#f1; ) for the playlists supported by the plugin (which resolves some wpl and b4s issues)
get v0.9.8.0

One step closer to perfection (as can be done considering how evil Window Media formats are )

-daz
Old 16th May 2005, 00:37   #234
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

since DrO is away...

Playlist Loader v0.9.9.6 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Implemented link drag and drop handling from browsers (Internet Explorer/FireFox/etc) onto the main (apart from when using a modern skin) and the playlist windows
  • Improved plugin exit code to clean up after itself better
  • Implemented preference dialog handling code also when working with other plugins which use a similar technique
  • Few minor code alterations and tweaks
get v0.9.9.6

Also, fixes in 0.9.8.8
  • Massively improved the code used to tweak the 'File Types' page for all methods of opening the Winamp preferences
  • Added in an integrated Winamp preferences page (General Preferences -> File Types -> Extra Options on 5.x installs)
  • Implemented a /.wma exclusion list related to any of the currently supported file types
  • Fixed a major issue with mms:// parsing which would appear to fail to load a number of test files (or even crash Winamp)
  • Removed a few incorrect fixed extension checks which was causing mis-handling of some extracted urls
  • Implemented asp url support which should increase support much further!
  • Added a donate feature to the newly styled preference pages
  • Other miscellaneous tweaks and code tidy-ups
Old 16th May 2005, 13:22   #235
wanderer

the new version works pretty good for me, ta for the heads up. be nice to get a 1.0 tho
Old 16th May 2005, 14:29   #236
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1.0 will probably come when full drag+drop is implemented (just waiting for d+d support for modern skin main window - though it is already implemented for modern playlist and classic main/playlist).
Old 16th May 2005, 15:44   #237
wanderer

sounds good to me
Old 25th May 2005, 22:16   #238
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.9.7 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed crash when loading with a new feature in the re-built JTFE being enabled
  • Updated the preference handling code to fix a few minor bugs
  • Fixed link drag and drop handling so it now correctly calls Winamp's handler when it's not a playlist supported by this plugin
get v0.9.9.7

A small version increment but it fixes a nasty bug with the new link drag and drop support (and also fixes compatability with a new jtfe feature...)

-daz
Old 30th May 2005, 21:39   #239
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.9.7a (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed an issue where doing a drag & drop onto the jtfe enqueue list page in the Winamp preferences would cause Winamp to crash
get v0.9.9.7a

Die bugs die

-daz
Old 1st June 2005, 23:28   #240
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.9.7b (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Fixed a nasty temp download issue when doing a link drag and drop onto winamp where full file links such as http://blah/blah.mp3 would be attempted to be downloaded when they shouldn't be)
get v0.9.9.7b

I hate bugs

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion