Aclikyano

Send a message via AIM to Aclikyano Send a message via Yahoo to Aclikyano
DJ Egg, DrO, jmatthews112 (some left out) ?? Winamp .INI 5.093

dropaotfs=1
playlist_recyclebin=1
video_ddraw=1
video_auto_fs=0
Parent=1

Ive seen the Winamp.ini list that DJ Egg, DrO, jmatthews112 PUT Together..
Wonder if yall know what these are.

Im Compiling my own file (from the order oringinally gave from the INI file)
giving all you credit.

thanks.
Aclikyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2005, 21:01   #2
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

dropaotfs: "Disable always on top while fullscreen applications are focused" in General Preferences

playlist_recyclebin: Deleted files are deleted or sent to the recycle bin. (Playlist Editor: REM > Remove... > Physically remove selected file(s)"). "Recycle permantly deleted files" in General Preferences.

video_ddraw: Something to do with DirectDraw fore video decoding, though I cannot find the mathcing preference.

video_auto_fs: Sounds like auto full screen on video playback. Also, cannot find in the preferences.

Parent=: Beats me

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2005, 21:41   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yup, all those entries are new as from 5.08x and onwards (ie. after the winamp.ini faq thread was created).

drewbar's got the first two spot-on.

video_auto_fs: this was (secretly) added into the config as a test (ie. undocumented) and there is currently no setting for it in the ui

video_ddraw: I suspect this to be set to 1 by default, so if hardware overlay is disabled in prefs, then video playback fallsback to DirectDraw mode. I'm not sure what would happen if overlay was unchecked in prefs (video_overlays=) and video_ddraw was set to 0. At a guess, video playback would probably fail, heh, and therefore this setting was also undocumented.

We still haven't got a clue what Parent= is, heh.

I've edited the winamp.ini post accordingly.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2005, 21:56   #4
Aclikyano

Send a message via AIM to Aclikyano Send a message via Yahoo to Aclikyano
Thank u thank u thank u..

I think PARENT is if u have 2 versions of Winamp ...
and U select a version to use...

*takes wild guess*
Aclikyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2005, 23:11   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

yeah, could be something to do with multiple instances, could not be....

Though I think it could be one of the settings under:
Prefs > Skins > Classic Skins....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 00:16   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
video_ddraw: I suspect this to be set to 1 by default, so if hardware overlay is disabled in prefs, then video playback fallsback to DirectDraw mode. I'm not sure what would happen if overlay was unchecked in prefs (video_overlays=) and video_ddraw was set to 0. At a guess, video playback would probably fail, heh, and therefore this setting was also undocumented.
Right now it doesn't seem to make a difference (changed both video_overlays and video_ddraw to 0), maybe it's still disabled internally or it falls back to yet another rendering mode (GDI?).
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 00:52   #7
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Thanks Eggy ... its too bad I can't edit that thread anymore, seeming it has been way more than 3 hours since the post

Maybe I will play with parent= tonight and see what I can come up with.

jmat

[small edit] I deleted the entry from the ini and it isn't automatically recreated on Winamp startup (and I hadn't modified any settings, in order to find out the parent= default state... so something has to be touched before it shows up. What it is, I am not sure of yet. [/edit]

[edit2] seems if the preferences is opened up from even a default ini (where parent= doesn't exist), parent=1 is set... maybe im getting somewhere ... or maybe it just means that any time any new settings are written it goes in too (for example, i unchecked recurse subdirectory and it still wrote parent=1 (no pref access) [/edit]

Last edited by jmatthews112; 10th July 2005 at 01:54.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 02:29   #8
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
I figured parent= out, for what it's worth. Based on tests with Winamp 1.92, which it seems was before the skinning revolution for the most part (Winamp 2.01 was the first to skin the playlist editor), there was an option to make the main window the parent of the EQ and PE. This option would put the main window behind all others when it was checked, and if it was not, the main window could be placed ahead of other windows. However, with the advent of skinning, and especially the embedded classic skin image (or whatever you like to call it) it is now not possible to make the main window parent of anything.

Therefore, parent= is a defunct option of long past, which should be disregarded. Perhaps it may be removed in a future release.

A screenshot of the old pref window will be attached for all interested users.

And for legacy support, Egg, add something to the following effect to the entry for parent= in the guide if you wouldn't mind:

parent=: Pre-Winamp 2.0x option (Main Window parent of EQ and PE) which allowed the user to choose whether the Main Window was parent of all other windows, including the equalizer and playlist editor. MW would appear behind all other windows if option was checked (or parent=1), could appear ahead of other windows if unchecked (or parent=0). Now defunct in Winamp 5.x, as skin support, and a base classic skin make it impossible to create parent windows (among EQ, PE, etc). Default is parent=0.

Thanks, and perhaps this will put a close to the Winamp= section of the ini file. Who knows?

jmat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parentimage.jpg (43.9 KB, 506 views)
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 03:01   #9
JonnyMac

Nice job jmatt

On a slightly different note, I like the 'Use Winamp Style dialogs' option. Now we know where DrO got the idea for the Skinned Preferences plug-in. J/K

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support