Old 1st August 2005, 18:32   #1
E f E d H h H

Send a message via AIM to E f E d H h H
Dock WinAmp??

Is there a way to dock winamp like it is seen in this picture:
Click to see image 1
(I accomplished the picture above by having to resize the browser.)

But when I maximize the browser it ends up covering the status bar:
Click to see image 2

I tried dl'ing a few plug-in's after searching the forum but I don't like there skins, I like the WinAmp Modern Skin in the NightVision color...

If anyone try's to help me, thanks...

[edit > JonnyMac] Screenshots changed to hyperlink to preserve forum aesthetics and "table" size [/edit]
Old 1st August 2005, 20:17   #2
JonnyMac

Docked Toolbar Mode

The docked toolbar (introduced with ver. 5.03) is a feature of Modern skins. The Winamp Modern default & Bento skin and some of the newer skins will support docked toolbar . Other/older mod skins would have to updated by the respective authors to make use of the docked toolbar feature. Some other or earlier skins may have their own (independent) "docked toolbar" style feature built in to the skin, in which case the default docked toolbar options will not apply.

Enabling Docked Toolbar

-- Winamp Modern Skin

The main/player window in the Modern Default should be in WindowShade (AKA toolbar, winshade) mode to enable docked toolbar. You can enable WindowShade mode by pressing the Ctrl+W key combo or by pressing the middle icon at the right hand side of the title bar. The playlist can be docked in "full" or WindowShade mode.

To enable docked toolbar ...
  • Main/Player Window
    WindowShade (toolbar) mode > Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space > Docked Toolbar > select screen position
  • Playlist
    WindowShade (toolbar) or "normal/full" mode > Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space (not on the text or list area) > Docked Toolbar > select screen position
-- (Big) Bento Skin

The Bento skins may be in normal or WindowShode mode. Simply Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space in the player or multi-content panels > Docked Toolbar > select screen position

-- Other Skins

Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space generally in the main or playlist window (or panel if it is a SUI skin). It will vary with other modern skins that have the default docked toolbar. Some skins may only be dockable in "vertical" or "horizontal" winshade mode and some may be both. As mentioned above, some other or earlier skins may have their own (independent) "docked toolbar" feature built in to the skin, in which case Winamp's default docked toolbar options will grayed out and will not apply.

Note: Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space is a shortcut to the Window Settings menu. You can also get the Window Settings from Winamp's main menu.. Additionally, if Docked Toolbar in enabled in options (either main/player or playlist window) you can toggle between docked toolbar and normal view with the Ctrl+W (WindowShade) shortcut key. That will vary with modern skin as well as the window in focus.

Options Tips
  • 'Auto-Hide' + 'Always On Top'
    With this setting the toolbar/window will automatically fold when brought out of focus and cursor is in another application or window. When cursor is dragged to the edge of the screen of the docked position the toolbar/window will unfold.
  • just 'Always On Top'
    Allows docked toolbar/windows to be always on top. Also when enabling docked mode other applications will automatically be resized to avoid overlapping. The docked AOT is independent of Winamp's default (normal view) AOT.
Some applications with their own AOT might override docked AOT views.

Additional Info
Winamp Blog > Tutorials: How to Dock Your Winamp Media Player

Other/Third-Party skins compatible with Docked Toolbar .Skins listed in bold are right/left dockable for the main/player windowThere may be more mod skins with the Docked Toolbar feature or have their own "docked" feature. Try the following modern skin searches with docked, dockable, dock, docking, toolbar or bar as keyword(s). As mentioned above, the default Docked Toolbar options will not apply to skins with their own/independent "docked toolbar" feature.

Docked Toolbar for Classic Skins

There is no native docked toolbar function for classic skins. For a docked toolbar style function with classic skins, try the Xdock plug-in. Xdock is buggy with WA5, but may still work. If you are unsatisfied with Xdock, try DrO's Classic Skin Appbar plug-in (taken from the buggy link).

Dock inside of taskbar like WMP or iTunes | Mini or Desk-band Mode

Not a native function of Winamp. Click Here for suggested workaround, alternative plug-ins and more info.

Docking Winamp Windows Together

Not specifically related to the docked toolbar feature, however you can dock or "snap" Winamp windows together. Does not pertain to the docked toolbar mode.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 1st August 2005, 22:19   #3
E f E d H h H

Send a message via AIM to E f E d H h H
dude omg, ur are the awesomez, thank you so much!!
Old 17th November 2005, 18:38   #4
Nathrakh

Sho nuff.! I joined so I could ask that question, and here it is, already answered.
Old 12th January 2006, 22:46   #5
Ryan06

Sorry can you explain it I dont get the whole windowshade thingy?
Old 12th January 2006, 23:12   #6
JonnyMac

Event though Classic skins don't have a docked toolbar feature, WindowShade can be toggled by (EQ, Playlist, main/player window only)
Ctrl+W
-or-
Double click on the title bar
-or-
The second from right button in the title bar
Basically the same will apply for modern skins. However, it will vary for the current modern skin used. Some skins may not have all of the WindowShade toggle methods mentioned above (just one or two). Also, some modern skins will have a different position for WindowShade button in the titlebar. Additionally some mod skins my not have a WindowShade mode for each of the above mentioned Windows (just one or two).
Old 13th January 2006, 01:41   #7
JonnyMac

On second thought, what are you asking? How to enable WindowShade or what is WindowShade?

The idea of WindowShade is to take the least amount of screen space while providing basic controls/functionality of Winamp. Docked Toolbar enhances winshade mode allowing auto hide or docking of winshade. Also, with modern skins additional functionality can be added to the winshade by the skin's developer/author.
Old 13th January 2006, 15:29   #8
Ryan06

Sorry how stupid of me... the tool bar viewing mode. D'oh!

But yes when you dock it to bottom its not above the task bar? Is there away of doing that?
Old 13th January 2006, 20:16   #9
JonnyMac

Unckeck Auto-Hide (see attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg docked_settings.jpg (9.4 KB, 2218 views)
Old 29th November 2006, 16:43   #10
arabull

Dual Screens

Does this work with dual screens? Or rather, is it supposed to work with dual screens? I would love to dock WinAmp on my secondary screen, but it doesn't seem to want to do that. It works like a champ on the main screen.
Old 29th November 2006, 16:57   #11
JonnyMac

Winamp uses the Windows OS appbar function for docked toolbar mode. It is a limitation of appbar which does not work correctly on non-primary monitors.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
Old 31st January 2007, 10:14   #12
Japa

How hard is it to enable this feature in older dockable skins?

I reffer specificaly to Nonstep Nonstep.
Old 14th February 2007, 15:39   #13
PVTele

A curious thing...

I've noticed with docked toolbar mode is that Winamp seems to use use more resources than in normal WindowShade mode. Playing a normal audio track from HD in WindowShade mode I'm running around 7750K. In docked toolbar mode, just over 27,000K when opened, only very gradually dropping back under 10,000 after playing for some time. Also, when docked Winamp takes around 5 seconds to close after clicking the close button, whereas in normal WindowShade mode it's instantaneous.

Has anyone else noticed this minor bug, and is there a logical explanation?
Old 11th May 2007, 15:50   #14
zackbuffo

When I klick the desktop icon in WinXP the docked WA disappears although "always on top" in WA is activated. Is that a bug or something that just doesn't work because of Windows?

After it dissapeared I have to uncheck "always on top" and check it again in WA to make it stay on top.
Old 9th May 2008, 05:52   #15
red23

is there a skin that have more width than vortex or panther ?
i like the toolbar mode of them but its to small i can read only the band title in playlist and only the first few chars of the songtitle. since i have a widesceen i have a lot of place on desktop for this. there is no option to resize the toolbar mode windows of this 2 skins right ?

for Azenis 2 there is no option to disample the visualation/libary/... view so its not exactly what i want.

i want i right docked toolbar like panther or vortex skin but with more width. is there something ?

Old 11th August 2008, 02:16   #16
thatdrumguy

Even when I check Always on top, it doesn't always stay on top. The toolbar isn't docked anywhere, it's just that for some reason, checking always on top in Ctrl Right Click> Docked Toolbar isn't taking hold at all. Is there maybe some kind of plug in I have or preference that's overriding this? I'm in the Bento skin.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:51   #17
JonnyMac

Which position do you have it docked at?

screenshot of docked toolbar menu options
Old 12th August 2008, 00:20   #18
thatdrumguy

My toolbar's not docked. Does it need to be for always on top?
Old 12th August 2008, 00:41   #19
JonnyMac

To use docked toolbar independent AOT setting, you do need to select a docked position.

Read the Stickies
Old 12th August 2008, 09:54   #20
iZizou

Hi,

I hope there is not any problem in posting the next:

Is it possible to unhide Winamp (Bento > Auto-Hide + Always on Top + Docket At Bottom) by clicking the 1px (pixel) line at the bottom of the screen instead of Mouse Hover?. I do really love Winamp and its Bento Skin, but it is a little annoying that whenever I move the mouse to select a window in the taskbar, there appears winamp.

Also, is there any way to disable the links in File Information (Click to search Title, Artist, Album, etc.)?. If not, I would appreciate a lot if Bento Author could add it to a new version.

Thank you very much.

PS: I apologize if there is any grammatical mistake, my english is not very good. :S
Old 12th August 2008, 13:48   #21
JonnyMac

Question 1
Sorry, no

Question 2
DO you mean the two search buttons in WindowShade mode?...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....08#post2372508
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....70#post2372570
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=294379

Read the Stickies
Old 13th August 2008, 01:58   #22
iZizou

Hi again,

No, is not that two buttons.

Here is an screenshot

I would like to disable those links, so whenever I click in any of those File Information, nothing happens.

Thanks for responding, JonnyMac.
Old 13th August 2008, 21:02   #23
JonnyMac

The links can not be removed. I don't think that will change. AOL, the owners of Winamp/Nullsoft has certain guidelines they ask the author of Bento to follow.
Old 14th August 2008, 06:10   #24
iZizou

It can't be helped.

Anyway, thank you very much for your precious attention, JonnyMac.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:34   #25
jimmypopali

not sure if it was asked, but I have my winamp docked to the top and set on auto hide. but when i dock it, it resized to stretch the whole width of the screen. Can i make it the original size and still docked on autohide?
Old 10th September 2008, 12:18   #26
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Not with any skin I've used. In theory a skin could behave like that if it had an invisible (or 1px tall) section on either side

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
dock, docked toolbar, toolbar, windowshade, winshade