Old 9th June 2005, 22:56   #1
reptileqc

Send a message via ICQ to reptileqc Send a message via AIM to reptileqc Send a message via Yahoo to reptileqc
msvcp60.dll still missing in 5.092

I saw the FIXED bugs list for 5.092 but I am still getting the error that the msvcp60.dll file is missing when I try to install.

SYSTEM SPECS :
Windows 2000 Pro English (SP4)
DirectX 7.0

I installed WinAmp 5.092 from scratch with the default settings and the error pops up at the end of the installation when trying to register the components.

I don't remember having such a problem with prior versions of WinAmp (I guess I didn't try 5.091).

Also, when looking at my system, I can't actually find that file anywhere. I do have msvcp50.dll though. What is msvcp60.dll supposed to be bundled with? And also what part of WinAmp is requiring those files? I was able to play some video and music files anyway without problems.
Old 10th June 2005, 12:03   #2
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

msvcp60.dll should come with win2k iirc. so I'd assume that some software took it away from you with either a broken uninstaller or something similar (spyware etc etc).

Either way, I'm amazed that more stuff isnt broken on your machine.

Try downloading this, to restore those files:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...9403#appliesto

Old 10th June 2005, 21:43   #3
reptileqc

Send a message via ICQ to reptileqc Send a message via AIM to reptileqc Send a message via Yahoo to reptileqc
Bug in the forums?

I got an email saying I had a new message in this thread but yet I can't see it.

Actually I can't even see my own reply. It's like stuck at 24 replies and it won't go higher?

Let's see if this message appears.
Old 10th June 2005, 21:50   #4
reptileqc

msvcp60.dll in Windows 2000

Well seems like it works now, so i'll repost my prior reply :

Regarding the msvcp60.dll, It was not missing due to a spyware remover or anything since it was a brand new Windows 2000 installation on a new laptop.

Maybe the file is included in MS Office and I don't have it because i'm using OpenOffice? Or Maybe is it part of DirectX 8 or 9 but not 7?

I also did not install the newest Windows Media Player and i'm using the default Media Player 6.4.

The only other software installed BEFORE I tried installing WinAmp was Firefox v1.04.

Either way, thanks for the link, that will surely fix the problem.

reptile
Old 12th June 2005, 00:16   #5
alexxxx

hi,

I've got the same problem and I also installed a brand new Windows 2000 system. Nothing more!
So I took this file from my Windows Xp and copied it into windows/system32 and now it works.
But that isn't a real solution!!!!

Alex
Old 12th June 2005, 00:31   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Looks like msvcp60.dll is still linked dynamically in in_mp4.dll

(note, the 5.092 fix was for in_wm.dll)

in_mp4.dll will hopefully be fixed for 5.093 (msvcp60 linked statically instead)
Old 5th September 2005, 17:32   #7
concerned

This bug has cropped back up in Winamp 5.1 .

Fresh install of Windows 2000 SP4.

msvcp60.dll error message on Winamp 5.1 startup.

No such error message with Winamp 5.094 .

I removed plugins till I could get Winamp 5.1 to successfully start without error message and determined that in_cdda.dll, in_mp3.dll, and ml_xpdxs.dll were at fault. When those were removed from the plugin folder, Winamp 5.1 started with no error message.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help fix this bug.

Thanks.
Old 5th September 2005, 18:19   #8
DrO

in_mp3 isn't linked to msvcp60.dll
in_cdda is linked to it
no idea on ml_xpdxs since i don't install it

(used dependency walker to verify it)

-daz
Old 5th September 2005, 18:24   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm.... I'm pretty certain that in_mp3 isn't linked to msvcp60

Can you please confirm that the error message definitely occurs with both in_cdda and ml_xpdxs (predixis musicmagic) present... ie. try with just one of those two loaded at a time, not both together.

I thought it was just enc_wma which dynamically linked to msvcp60, but if it's in_cdda then that will need fixing (ml_xpdxs is 3rd-party, so predixis will need to fix that, heh).

[edit] @ Dro | ok, thanks for the info [/edit]

For now, you could simply fix it by placing msvcp60.dll (which is a component of Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 Runtime Library) in either your Winamp root dir or your %System% dir, ie. C:\WinNT\System32 (Win2k) or C:\Windows\System (Win9x).
Old 6th September 2005, 00:12   #10
concerned

DJ Egg, confirmed. The error message comes up when just one of them is loaded at a time.

I used Dependency Walker to examine every dll in the plugins directory and found one more that had a msvcp60.dll dependency, CDDBUIWinamp.dll . in_cdda.dll, in_mp3.dll, and ml_xpdxs.dll were confirmed to have a msvcp60.dll dependency.

Please let me know if I'm reading Dependency Walker incorrectly, it's my first time using it.

DrO, I suspect you are not testing on the latest plugins included in Winamp 5.1 (Sep 1 2005).

Let me know what else I can test to help.
Old 6th September 2005, 00:24   #11
DrO

meh, working too many hours in the'real world' and then doing the same on winamp stuff for free is messing with my eye sight. in_mp3 does have a msvcp60.dll dependancy as well (and it was a clean install of 5.1 that i was working with but when you're doing about 4 things at the same time mistakes do happen).

as for the issues, it looks like whoever rebuilt the final dlls messed up the project settings since things for 5.094 were altered to link statically...

-daz
Old 19th April 2006, 01:16   #12
Andreas E.

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
msvcp60.dll should come with win2k iirc. so I'd assume that some software took it away from you with either a broken uninstaller or something similar (spyware etc etc).
I reckon your assumption is WRONG.

http://www.ajsystems.com/oedmr.html

This tool is able to remove duplicate e-mails from Outlook Express .dbx database files.
Got error "MSVCP60.dll" not found, and yes, the Win2000 system is pretty vanilla-like (installed 2 days ago). So I can confirm that MSVCP60.dll does NOT come with Win2K, not even with SP4.

I have msvcp50.dll, version 5.0.0.7051.

The reason even Win2K users rarely have a problem with msvcp60 is that they usually have installed a lot of stuff which on its way installs v6.0 DLL if missing.
Old 19th April 2006, 03:31   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Please don't revive old threads.
This issue was addressed months ago.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports