Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 10th January 2004, 15:40   #41
Moon

looks good

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
@Moon:already came across that one and i've gone for the options being side by side (have a look of the attachment - still to be refined but it gets the options on there for the moment)
Looks good to me however, I'd regroup some of the items so options that belong together and partially can affect each other are listed as such. As well I'd like to see some options indented so again it adds to usability by breaking down the vast number of options into understandable chunks.
Please have a look at yet another attachment.

Of course, this is your plugin and you can do with it whatever you want with it, I'd just like to point out what might make a bit more sense in terms of usability. IMO 'Allow files to be deleted or moved on removal' naturally has to be close together with the list list of delete and move funtions.

And please: do keep the SHIFT key as a way to skip whatever function is selected so that we still can have the file deleted from the playlist but not deleted/moved from HD. Speaking of which, what is the 'delete files' shortcut and how do people know casue it's not mentioned on the options page?

Quote:

about the translation thing it all depends on how you are going to detect the dialog inorder to apply the translation os ican't really answer that for you without knowing how you are intending on doing it)
Like I said before, I've got no idea if language detection from within Winamp is at all possible so I guess a simple pulldown menu with available languages would suffice . What I'm aiming at is that I simply wanna have the very same options page only with German text so ppl that can't speak English well enough can use it too.

So as soon as you decide to release it with all the features it's supposed to have for the time being (< v. 2.0) please send me a PM and I can send you a text file with the German options so all you gotta do is some cut & paste. Please bear in mind that we tend to use longer words/expression so having some extra padding space between the various items would help.
Attached Images
File Type: gif pfr-options148.gif (13.1 KB, 860 views)
Old 10th January 2004, 16:17   #42
DrO

i agree with you some need to be moved around (that's why i posted the picture to get a bit of feedback on it).

the shift disable will be added in by the time it's done, just need to get the base code running so i know where to but the relevant handling in

the delete files is ctrl+shift+d i think (it addresses the playlist editor not having a delete file(s) shortcut. look at the menu with and without it enabled in the playlist editor (on the rem button from memory).

i'll look at adding in some ability to alter the language in some way i think (otherwise i'm happy for you to use something like resource hacker and alter the text that way)

i'm tempted to put a test version late sunday to make sure that the code is working correctly before i do a full release of it with the new features

-daz
Old 11th January 2004, 10:34   #43
Moon

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'm tempted to put a test version late sunday to make sure that the code is working correctly before i do a full release of it with the new features

-daz
Bring it on!
Old 12th January 2004, 00:23   #44
DrO

i so should have been asleep 2 hours ago but heres the test version (v1.6 beta)

link

all options shown will work and i think all delete/move code should work without any problem BUT incase of things going wrong DON'T BLAME ME so anyone trying it has been warned!

it includes the playlist looping, shutdown windows options, randomise on playlist load / modification (should detect most actions, just drag and drop to cater for ).

all that's needed now is to use the move/delete code to override the existing Winamp physical delete code and fix any remaining issues (want to improve the file handling a bit more for files/directories not existing) but the value added v2.0 should be out by wednesday/thursday (and then to publish on winamp.com a few days later so if any issues appear then i can fix them)

-daz
Old 12th January 2004, 10:24   #45
Moon

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i so should have been asleep 2 hours ago but heres the test version (v1.6 beta)
Great. Admittedly I haven't tried all possible combinations of (un)checked settings but so far it looks quite good to me. Just two things:
  • no move/delete when ALT is pressed
    There is no way to keep a song in the playlist and at the same time either move or delete it. I'm just pointing this out cause from the way the options are presented this not obvious. Of course this is the natural way to behave as there's no point in keeping a song in the playlisti when it's deleted from HD or moved elsewhere.
  • next song + SHIFT does not work
    Instead of Winamp playing the next song in line, deleting the one just played from the playlist and keeping the file where it is (i.e. not moved to preferred dir), Winamp does a 5 sec skip inside the song. Seems the SHIFT key has another presetting by Winamp. However, letting the song end by itself and holding down the SHIFT key for the last 2 secs or so does go to the next song and disable the move/delete function as intended.

Another suggestion for v 2.0: delete song from .m3u-file. So when a song gets removed from the playlist the .m3u-file is shortened too. And what about translations?
Old 12th January 2004, 21:07   #46
DrO

Quote:
next song + SHIFT does not work
yeah, trying to see if i can work around this otherwise it's a combination of keys that will be needed to do it. tempted to do it as ctrl+shift and override the winamp behaviour where a ctrl+shift+click on the next button will fast forward 5 seconds.

is more portable that way and doesn't really affect the default winamp behaviour. i guess for the next button it's just taking shift as the higher priority when used with ctrl+shift

Quote:
no move/delete when ALT is pressed
will try and alter the prefs around / add some info about this one

and about the language options, i think i'm going to alter the code for reading from the winamp.ini to read from a language.ini which will be the simplest way to do it i think

and finally, yay, it's not crashing which is good (especially after the issues early on with this one!)

-daz
Old 24th January 2004, 16:39   #47
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

at first i thought this plug-in was dumb (of corse i didnt try it) now i like it cuz i tried it. with this plug-in youll never hear the same song. its great. keep up the good work DrO. im always lookin at ur sig to get updates or c if something is new. You Rock and so does ur plug-ins. i may not use some of ur plug-ins but i dl them ne way. like the close after current i may not use it but someday ill use it.

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 24th January 2004 at 16:57.
Old 27th February 2004, 08:06   #48
Moon

how's it going?

Long time no see. Can you give us a heads up on when we'll see a final, DrO? Thanks.
Old 27th February 2004, 10:37   #49
DrO

been a bit slower on this one than hoped for. i've started to get the overall delete option implemented but work, etc hasn't let me have much time - most plugins have been a bit neglected. but now i'm temporarily unemployed i've got a bit more flexibility with my time for a bit. so i'll hopefully get a new test build out soon (fingers crossed).

-daz
Old 29th March 2004, 10:49   #50
Moon

YET another request; new plugin though...

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
so i'll hopefully get a new test build out soon (fingers crossed).

-daz
Same here .

While you're at it, I'm also looking for YET another feature that might be done with a plugin (but not this current one) and I'm asking here before starting a new thread.

I'm doing a lot of compilations for myself and sometimes also for a friend to have him 'ambient' music to play during parties at his house. I'm using a lot of different music styles (but no crossfading or mixing) and so the transitions between songs become important. What I'm doing is to listen to the last 10 or so secs of a song and then the beginning of the next to see if it's possible to play them in a row.

Would be cool to have a function in Winamp that would allow this without having to do it manually, kinda extended scan function so not only the first 10 secs of any song are played but also the last 10.

Thanks again.
Old 12th April 2004, 05:43   #51
sheppaul

Wow what a cool feature!

but is it impossible to act inversely?

ex: remove file physically holding shift key only
Old 24th March 2005, 12:51   #52
DrO

it's been a while and this plugin has been rather neglected in its development but.... full development is back on for this now

here's a screenshot of a slightly older build of the new multiple hotkey code which will let you move/delete/etc a given file to the specified location/action >> pic

i had hoped to have a new test build out for tonight but a few things didn't go quite to plan last night (ie too tired to realise i was making dumb mistakes in the code ) so it's looking like some point tomorrow hopefully (no work due to it being good friday so that's a whole day of dev time for a change!)

-daz

-------------------------

i'm pasting a few links for requests/issues so i can track them down more easily (one, two, three)
Old 25th May 2005, 22:17   #53
redbar0n

Found a minor bug:

1. Enable "played file removal", and "allow files to be del/move on removal".
2. Enqueue a song several times to winamp, so winamp will have 2 or more titlelines with the same song (in the playlist) after one and other.
3. When finished playing the first title, your plugin will try to remove it from the playlist and move the physical file, but it can't, since the next title playing is actually the same file/song.
4. Winamp will then hang for a moment, and then you will get an win-error telling you that "a program is using the file", etc. And a error from your plugin "unable to process this file".

"Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off." - Thumb Wars
Old 25th May 2005, 22:27   #54
DrO

i wouldn't really call that a bug since the code is following the rules that it knows. when i can work on this again then i'll look into expanding the handling to more gracefully handle trying to delete and play a duplicate of itself

-daz
Old 25th May 2005, 22:27   #55
redbar0n

And another (really just an extent of the one mentioned above):

When trying to delete the last song on a playlist (using hotkey), you get the exact same error ("using the file.." etc.)

However there is no such problem if you use the "played file removal"-function.

"Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off." - Thumb Wars
Old 25th May 2005, 22:37   #56
redbar0n

Also, is the "Override the default winamp remove file"-option ment to just make winamp skip to the next song when trying to use the default winamp remove file function (CTRL+SHIFT+D)..?

Old 14th June 2005, 10:58   #57
3WA.Tyris

Just wondering if theres been any progress made on "requests/issues"... specifically the GHK remove from playlist one... ^^;;
(I'd say nice things about the plugins (which -are- nice), but I really dont have a use for any of them save this "requested feature" )
Thanks =)
Old 14th June 2005, 12:15   #58
DrO

i've not had a chance to deal with the issues with this since the jtfe project and winamp duties have taken up the last month and a half of my time. i should be able to start looking at this (and other plugins again) in the next few weeks or so (as long as the Winamp dev team let me )

-daz
Old 15th June 2005, 00:58   #59
3WA.Tyris

sounds good =)
*bookmarks page*
I'll be back in a few weeks then
Old 24th June 2005, 16:08   #60
newb2k

Well, dont get me wrong I dont want to criticise you or want you to spend all your time on (unpaid) work, but how long do you say "soon it will be ready" - I think for at least 7 month....

Your Playlist Loader v0.9.9.7b had 4 new versions in 4 weeks.... - and I dont really see any use in that plugin - at least not more then in this one here

...still waiting.... (hope is the last thing dieing....)

Old 12th September 2005, 00:46   #61
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by newb2k
(hope is the last thing dieing....)
it may be able to live again... since i've one bug that's come up with the 2.0 alpha 1 build i have prepared that needs to be fixed - basically the full file delete hotkey action is incorrectly acting like a move to folder action when it shouldn't :/ otherwise it would have been finally (yeah i know i'm a bit slow at doing this) tonight.

the main new features are:
the hotkey page (as previewed before but is working a lot better - see the new one here and the 'hotkey' column which is read straight from the ghk plugin's data )
integrated preferences (which i need to do a bit more work on to allow proper language support for them
timed playlist backup (as requested by glop recently)

what needs to be done for a 2.0 final is:
fixing any bugs with the new code
handling issues with aol media streams (since this was designed well before they were invisaged there was obviously going to be issues)
any other reported issues further up in this thread

-daz
Old 12th September 2005, 02:10   #62
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
get that man a beer.
Old 12th September 2005, 07:33   #63
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
get that man a beer.
once it's released i think (since i admit this one hasn't seen as much love as is needed but when you've got ~30+ plugin projects in your dev folder it's a bit tricky at times since i know a few people have wanted a few of the new features for a long time :/ )

-daz
Old 13th September 2005, 00:31   #64
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Alpha 1
  • Should be obvious from looking/using the plugin
get v2.0 Alpha 1 (is on k-jofol.co.uk since the main site is down at the time of posting)

This is the first of a number of builds for the plugin before it reaches an official v2.0 status. Please be cautious when testing/using this since from what i can tell the existing features should still work fine (but i may have broken things without knowing it especially on the preference re-design).

Just remember that you use this at your own risk and any data loss is not my responsibility (that's my back covered now ). Please try it as much as you can so that i can try to get this to a final state sooner plus stability for you is always worth it and yes, it's not dead

-daz
Old 13th September 2005, 02:19   #65
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

1)clicking enable hotkeys crashes winamp, no report. [edit]weird now its not. after default install, i unchecked remove files, went to shortcut and click enable-->crash. Now ive been playing around a little longer, I went through and clicked everything else looking for another crasher, tried enable hotkeys and it didnt cause a crash...its working. blah, i dunno.

2)clicking configure under gen plugins goes to playlist file remover, but it doesnt display options.

3)Ive noticed it before, but just realized what it was (attachment). To reproduce
simply uninstall a plugin and let winamp reload.
If you close pref and open it again its fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.png (26.9 KB, 786 views)
Old 13th September 2005, 12:44   #66
DrO

#1: it could be there's an issue with a new install with the new version over the older version (though i thought i'd fixed that stuff up to work fine :shrug: )

#2: i've had some issues with the base code for the preferences handling with that recently where it's creating the page but is locating the controls well out of view (winspy++ should show the contents are there) but it's one i need to look into for this one as well as jtfe and playlist loader

#3: i need to add in extra checks for the restart option since if the preferences is opened before a number of the plugins have been loaded (like 'one for nunzio') then you get that. basically it's an unimplemented feature but i've got a nice way in the works to fix that

-daz
Old 20th November 2005, 23:36   #67
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta 1a
  • Updates to some of the common code between this and others of my plugins
  • Added in the ability to remove the file that is currently being removed from the Media Library if present
  • Fixed the Delete Current Song hotkey to not throw up error messages when trying to remove the last playlist entry
  • Fixed the Delete Current Song hotkey to only remove the current hotkey in all cases (as it should only do)
  • Added in handling of the file when it's removed to work better if the next track to be played is the same
  • Added in storing/restore of the column widths on the hotkeys page in the plugin's preferences
  • Fixed a Winamp crash/lock up when enabling the hotkey option in the preferences (very weird bug - thanks to billy for helping test the fix)
get v2.0 Beta 1a

Well apart from the bugs reported earlier (which i should have near enough fixed with this build now) i'm intending to make the next build 2.0 final with the language support added in to it and hopefully one last issue related to streams with ads in them from the media library. Going on my comments with the alpha 1 i'd expect that some time in the new year

[edit]
an hour or so for a new build, i really should give up guessing build releases

-daz
Old 22nd November 2005, 00:41   #68
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta 3
  • Fixed handling when a global hotkey was specified to move the current file to a folder and no folder was selected (now it will just remove the playlist entry and do nothing else)
  • Added in a fourth hotkey action to just remove the playlist entry with no file removal/modification
  • Fixed the hotkey's pref page to have the 'move to...' option selected when the edit control is clicked on (to make it a bit quicker to set)
  • Minor tweaks to the hotkey prefs page layout (to give the controls a bit more space for the language file support to come)
  • Re-worked the prompt and handling when the hotkey list is modified especially when a restart is allowed to prevent duplicate messages possibly appearing
  • Fixed a bug where the hotkey action was not correctly set if 'set' was pressed whilst only having altered the hotkey's description
  • Fixed the browse for button for the 'move to...' option to work whatever the action selection with a successful path acquired setting 'move to...' to be the currently desired action
get v2.0 Beta 3

whilst i'm on a roll (and i need a little break from other projects so for the moment this is an easy plugin to work on to get it finalised). main thing apart from the tweaks/bug fixes is that a hotkey can be assigned to just remove the current playlist entry (this is partly duplicated by not setting a folder with the 'move to..' option but it's better to have a dedicated mode as the screenie below shows )

-daz
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:39   #69
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

restart is not restarting winamp for me.

click yes to restart
winamp turns off
never restarts so i start it
auto turns off
turn on again and the option is there

[edit]the above is with beta3
the below is with beta1

click yes to restart
winamp turns off
never restarts so i start it
it works.

beta1 ends winamp once, beta3 ends winamp 2x

Last edited by billyvnilly; 22nd November 2005 at 22:55.
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:45   #70
DrO

hmm, i bet the change i made isn't 100% on all systems since i made the restart message work on a delayed basis. guess i need to go back to the immediate method maybe..?

-daz
Old 24th November 2005, 00:35   #71
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta 4
  • Fixed the restart code to be an instant close (as in beta 1) [if Winamp doesn't restart then another plugin is breaking the restart action generally]
  • Removed a check on a test ini file setting which prevented the hotkeys from working even though all else was enabled correctly
  • Fixed the hotkey's to correctly work with the ones added (bounds check issue meant the last hotkey added was not processed)
get v2.0 Beta 4

billy: i have the restart fails issue as well but hopefully the fix part back to how it was in beta 1 will only cause a single ending of winamp again

-daz
Old 25th November 2005, 01:30   #72
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta 6
  • Re-coded sections of the restart and init code to try to fix the reported issues with the plugin (only time will tell if it was worth it)
get v2.0 Beta 6

-daz
Old 25th November 2005, 17:35   #73
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Dro, on a clean install (+some of your other plugins) this is the best version yet as far as restarting, and adding the items to the hotkey list. running on sp2.

The only prob still is that on reload, the preferences menu is missing global hotkeys but reappears on close/open preferences.
Old 25th November 2005, 17:41   #74
DrO

i tried to sort out that issue with the ghk prefs (it looks like i need to delay the re-showing of the prefs dialog some more which i'll look into in a bit).

as long as the other areas are working ok then that's the main thing (considering the severity of them in the earlier builds).

i'll try to do another beta tonight if i can

-daz
Old 26th November 2005, 16:41   #75
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta 9
  • Added in a work around to attempt to allow all loaded plugin prefs pages to appear when the preferences dialog is restored after a restart of winamp for the hotkeys
  • Initernally implemented language file support (need to finish the preferences layout so this is not public yet)
  • Overhauled the hokeys page to support there being no selected action in the list and to better handle selections
  • Added a prompt when trying to add a hotkey action with no name specified
  • Added ability to use the delete key on the current hotkey action in the list to remove it
  • The browse for action now works in all cases irrespective of the current hotkey list selection
  • Few other minor preferences tweaks/optimisations
get v2.0 Beta 9

-daz
Old 27th November 2005, 18:39   #76
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

see if you can duplicate: if i uninstall a plugin, that restart will remove ghk from the preferences. thats the only times ghk will dissappear.

(was the onefornunz update for this plugin?)
Old 27th November 2005, 19:20   #77
DrO

from what i can tell, the ghk plugins seems to add it's prefernce page after the plugin has been loaded by Winamp (i could be wrong about that) but it's the only reason i can see why an early opening of the preferences as this plugin and Winamp does after a restart would not have it showing in the list since all others are in there (though some of my funnier ones may not appear with the correct sub entries, etc after the restart action at the moment).

the main thing really is that the restart this one causes will have the preferences correctly restored back (hence the adding in of the memory of the selection in the list in this newest build to make it more complete )

as for the one for nunz update, it's related to my classic skin preview plugin of about a year ago or something when i first started it (which i'm using as a test bed for trying out some drawing code for the k-jofol plugin in turn or so the intention is)

-daz
Old 11th December 2005, 23:36   #78
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta RC1
  • Example language file provided and setting of the text in the plugin should now follow the current language file (excluding OS generated messages)
  • Fixed a few minor glitches with the internal preferences handling code (now will show/set text correctly and not be a bit hit and miss as it could be before)
  • Added an option to remove the current file (using the specified settings) when stop is pressed if Winamp is playing (*)
  • Fixed the 'randomise playlist on load' option to be available now (in the early changes to make 2.0 this option was accidentally forced off even though it's a valid option)
get v2.0 Beta RC1

Apart from below and maybe a few tweaks to the preferences text i'm going to complete 2.0 (anything else can be for a 2.1+)

-daz

(*) In reference to this will be completely fixed in the next build (by adding in tracking of the next on stop's state to allow the delete on stop option to correctly set the current track in the playlist) since that post is a feature request from what i can tell with the code/plugin i had in front of me
Old 21st December 2005, 01:21   #79
DrO

Playlist File Remover v2.0 Beta RC2
  • Re-worked the hotkey message handling so that it won't cause possible false file removals as Winamp is started (this was really pissing me off)
  • Fixed the playlist reload option to only work if file removal from the playlist is enabled as the dialog preferences indicate
  • Fixed the restore playlist to be correctly created where winamp.m3u is to be found by handling 5.11+ methods to query this as needed)
  • Tweaked the plugin's exit code to only remove the restore playlist if one was created (just incase it tried to accidentally remove something it's not meant to)
  • Adjusted the file insertion code to use the faster 2.9x+ api where possible which helps preserve the playlist information when an entry is removed and then re-inserted onto the end of the current playlist (looks smoother!)
  • Fixed 'Use the 'Shift' key to temporarily disable the delete warning' to actually work correctly now since it was correctly not showing the prompt but wasn't removing the file as the option is meant to allow if delete is the set removal action
  • Adjusted the 'More Options' page to have the top options disabled when the option to delete/move removed playlist entries is enabled
get v2.0 Beta RC2

I haven't done the bit i wanted to do to finalise this since the apparent random file removal issue on startup i was having needed to be fixed and it's now too late to sort anything else out once i'd started on the other issue that needed to be fixed. Next build i hope...

-daz
Old 21st December 2005, 02:45   #80
net-cruizer

Wow! What an awsome plugin. Excellent work as always, DrO.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion