Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 17th February 2006, 14:24   #481
Michgelsen
Major Dude

The ability to use the playlist font is great! Thanks for that.
However, the line to the right and below the list in the jump to file window would look better if it totally surrounded the list, instead of surrounding only the right and lower side.
Although the current type of line looks fine in the media library, in the jump to file window the totally surrounding line would look a lot better in my eyes.

I hope you can make that.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: png seewhy.png (11.3 KB, 525 views)
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 15:02   #482
DrO

upsfeup: sounds more like something else in winamp didn't allow it to save out the playlist or it had in advertantly cleared it rather than it being something directly done by the installer. i'll have a double check over my code but i think it's something else at fault for a change.

Michgelsen: that drawing quirk should be the same with the ml's drawing as well based on the functions provided in the sdk. i guess i could do a mod on it to force the left and top colours to those on the right and bottom but it'd be a ini only setting if i do

build 15a will have the queue issue fix and should be released a bit before 19:00 gmt tonight when i'm back home (so we have a correctly working jtfe again ). now start that stop watch... tick tock tick tock...

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 15:14   #483
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Yes I feared so. Well it's still better than the default windows scrollbars.
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 18:09   #484
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
DrO, I can't reproduce my problem on any other systems. Could it have something do with my soundcard at all?
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 19:02   #485
DrO

Build 15.1 is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed the queue issue, damn you ! damn you to eternity

Squadman: i doubt it but with some of the weird hardware/software issues i've seen anything is possible

-daz
Old 18th February 2006, 03:23   #486
spin26

now thats why its in the playlist editor options frame....

another thing...
queueing options seems to remember playlist no.. not playlist title...

if i got..
1. title1
2. title2
3. title3
4. title4
N. titleN

on the playlist
enqueue title3 then remove title2 from playlist..
the enqueue title formating follows title3
eg.
2. title3 [1]
3. title4
but after the song it plays playlist no3 (that would be title3 instead of title3)
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 13:03   #487
glop

it seems some phrase not translated with the localisation ini files ...

a new enshish happy dedicated for ?
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 21:50   #488
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Repeated crash with Build 15.1/Winamp #499 by just pressing 'j' after loading a playlist...

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 21:57   #489
DrO

any crash message since benski is having repeated issues that i can't reproduce (and i've wasted 2hrs of proper dev time to not find it)

-daz
Old 18th February 2006, 22:07   #490
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
That's damn strange.

I've re-installed the build so I'll have the report .dll and all that (since it's among the things I delete after install) and now it works... ugh.

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 01:13   #491
DrO

tell me about it, i've been stuck in the debugger for the last 3 hours trying to track random crashes down and race conditions to mixed success at times so i don't know if i've got things fixed or not with regards to it all.

-daz
Old 19th February 2006, 02:13   #492
DrO

Build 15.2 is out:: release info

Starting to really go off working on this plugin after the time i've wasted on a bug that's not 100% fixed

-daz
Old 19th February 2006, 04:58   #493
roytam1

a feature request:
can JTFE integerated into "Recent Item" of Winamp library?
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 16:55   #494
sagivlevi

Hi guy,
Any hope for the "Enqueue and Play" bug fixed ?

Thanks,
Sagiv
sagivlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 17:27   #495
Mouser X

I just installed JTFe 15.2, and I checked a little something that hasn't been quite right for awhile now. It's not a big deal (it's a 1 pixel difference), but the Winshade button on the ML is still off. I've included a picture of the PL winshade button (on top) and the ML winshade button (on bottom) for reference.

I realize you're busy with other things that are more important, so I don't expect this to get any attention immediatly. I just thought I'd remind you that it's still there, in case you forgot. Mouser X out.

[EDIT] I just found a skin that's even more messed up. I've added it to the previous image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winshade button2.jpg (24.9 KB, 497 views)
Mouser X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 02:14   #496
DrO

Build 15.4 is out:: release info

i've lost track on how long i've spent this weekend trying to fix the memory corruption issue (was happening on really fast playlist changes/modifications) which i can't get anymore and neither can benski (and he was getting them when i couldn't) but i know it's at least 16+hrs on it hopefully things should be a bit more stable, etc now i hope

roytam1: not sure how/what integration of jtfe would fit with the recent items view

sagivlevi: i've not forgotten, just run out of time to fix it for this build

-daz
Old 20th February 2006, 05:07   #497
roytam1

> roytam1: not sure how/what integration of jtfe would fit with the recent items view

Enqueue/Jump to File in SendTo menu for the recent items view
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 10:21   #498
DrO

hmm, the best at the moment is the add to queue or add to queue and play actions (assuming the ml integration in the plugin has been enabled). build 15.4 also handles those actions better if the file(s) aren't in the playlist to begin with. so those might fit with what you need

-daz
Old 20th February 2006, 17:01   #499
em3

Don't know if this is reported already but if I enque a file it doesn't play it. It plays the file after the one that is enqued. For exaple if I enque track 7 it will play track 8.
em3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 17:14   #500
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

That was a bug in JTFE 0.97 R b15.1 (the one included with Winamp 5.02 beta build 449) and shouldn't be happening in 15.4
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 02:17   #501
DrO

Build 15.7 is out:: release info

This build should be the end of any random crash issues (a few hours of testing and i can't get any issues at all now which is better than before)

-daz
Old 21st February 2006, 12:38   #502
spin26

how about this...
[shell options(checked)]
* add 'enqueue and play to winamps associated file types
* start winamp if playing already
* set enqueue 7 play as the default file action
(uncheked)
* add into the JTFE for delayed playback
* insert enqueued file after the currently playing file
while the song is paused... then double click on any items on explorer for winamp to play..
winamp just continue to play the paused song then even skips the 'doubleclicked file' to play another song after the paused song ends...

BTW...
how does the option
'add to the start of the curren queue (if there is one)-under "add into the jtfe..."
and
'add to the start of the queue if one exists'
under "insert enqueued..."
differ from each other?
thanks
edit:
wahhh!! Now i see it acts like an option though its a checkbox... silly me
edit2:
insert enqueued file after the currently playing file
+add to the start of the current queue
seems to be broken...
it adds the file after the current playing file but plays the last file on the playlist ...

if add to the start of the current queue is enabled the file is enqueued LAST not as first?

Last edited by spin26; 21st February 2006 at 13:03.
Old 21st February 2006, 13:25   #503
DrO

the handling of the items on the shell page isn't correct due to incomplete internal implementations. internally the page is now marked as experimental (to cover my back) and a hopefully fixed version should be out in a day or so, just taking a bit longer to re-organise the code over to the newer internal methods which allow all of the add to queue actions to work correctly.

-daz
Old 21st February 2006, 13:37   #504
spin26

i havent read all the previous posts.. maybe it just me wandering around on winamp forums with and experimenting with your plugin...
Old 21st February 2006, 13:41   #505
DrO

as long as doing just standard enq+play with no jtfe queue additions then everything should work correctly. 500+ posts is a bit too much to read through, heh it'll be fixed soon, it's just taken a lot longer trying to fix memory corruptions elsewhere in the code than i'd have liked otherwise it would have been fixed around sunday

-daz
Old 21st February 2006, 17:46   #506
Rfire

Just wanted to give an update in case you're wondering, I just installed Winamp 5.2 final (it was just released) and then installed build 15.7 of JTFE I installed these both via a clean install to ensure it wasn't other plugins messing stuff up. It's still very slow while typing on my 20k+ playlist Been like this since Winamp 5.2 build 393 unfortunately, and it's unbearably slow for me on my Athlon XP 1700 CPU so I guess I'll need to stick to 5.2 393 for now. Oh, and I set it to limit search results to 5 at a time, which DOES improve speed a great deal but is still unbearable, as it takes 2-3 seconds to type each letter.

Good luck on the speed issues. Maybe some more options allowing to disable things that cause extra processing? Like would there be a way to code in an option to disable non-alphanumeric searching?
Rfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 17:55   #507
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The version of JTFE in Winamp 5.2 Final is 0.97 R build 16

so you've just installed an older build 15.7 over it, heh.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 17:58   #508
DrO

Build 16 is out:: release info

Finally a new build for the winamp distro (as Egg states above, heh). This is the same as in 5.2 so you only need to download it if you're determinded to stay on an older version of winamp

Known issues:
* Language support was removed until i release build 17 (time constraints and the obscure bug fixes meant i couldn't complete this in time)
* Shell options is marked as 'experimental' and will be fixed in the next build as well

Rfire: with a 17 limit on a 21.5k playlist i get near enough instant response on searches. there's not really much i can do since multi-byte compatible searches were the main aim of this new set of builds. may be i have missed something but it's on a lower priority to fix unless it's a common issue for many people.

-daz
Old 21st February 2006, 17:58   #509
Rfire

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
The version of JTFE in Winamp 5.2 Final is 0.97 R build 16

so you've just installed an older build 15.7 over it, heh.
Oops didn't realize it had a newer version.

Same result with build 16.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:00   #510
Rfire

DrO: Hmm ok then I guess my CPU is getting behind the times. Thanks anyway, very useful plugin.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:04   #511
DrO

i'll have a look at things when i have the time to properly do so since i'd need to hook up my old dev machine and see how that goes but i don't know what else can be done since i'm using OS api's for the main search comparisons now (which should work relatively fast). it's something i'll have to have a look over as i said when i properly can do it

-daz
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:22   #512
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
are the "on end of queue" functions broke? using 5.2 w/o 3rd party other then 15.4 [edit] as well as 16

Last edited by billyvnilly; 24th February 2006 at 00:21.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 19:56   #513
upsfeup

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
are the "on end of queue" functions broke? using 5.2 w/o 3rd party other then 15.4 [edit] as well as 16
They are "on end of queue" functions? where? Humm and about a "on end of playlist"? I would love to turn Shuffle mode on automatically...
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 20:09   #514
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
im referring to right clicking STOP.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 11:11   #515
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
Hi, DrO. Im from Russia & I translate Winamp & many other winamp plugins to Russian language and create one Russian intallation pack...
When you return language support (create FULL support)?
Big thanks for you best plugins!

PS
about bugs:
1. ('Use separate colour for the main text'_not switchable when 'Use the existing colour options (as above)' is off)

in queued hilighting dialog:
Use the existing colour options (as above) - on
Use separate colour for the main text___ - on (black)
then I make situation:
Use the existing colour options (as above) - off
& Use separate colour for the main text___ - off

& when I try:
Use separate colour for the main text___ - on
but color dont display

2. 'Play at time' not work
3. 'On end of queue' not work

TODO#1
in listing of Favourite Queue playlists made Delete key for remove Favourite Queue

P.P.S.
Pleeeease, made full language file support!!!
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 13:33   #516
spin26

Hi, I would like to have some default features request....
this i would like to be default when a fresh install or an upgrade to winamp or the file has been made(when the previus version doesnt have these options yet... i dont mean overwrite these options when upgrading and things are there already..)

*limit search results...
--this is very useful on very large playlists and i would like the default limit to be 500..
*found(xxx/total number)
option to avoid confusion if the limit search result is enabled..

I have a friend who searches the list and using only "classic" only as keyword then scrolling down to about on the middle of the result because he is trying to look for the "classic" folder (the one he is looking is at no 150+ of 300+ results)..

At the time i introduced him the new JTFE version he was really impressed after i modified the Prefs page though he didnt like the top 100 limit first because he was afraid he might not find what he was looking for so i changed it to 1000..

He was very happy since then (about 3 days ago) because he almost uses the plugin almost every minute of the his working hours (he's in a computer shop where he burns audio cds all the time..) or can i say he works using this plugin

Additional Requests
*transparent color(or checkbox maybe) on the highlighting color options(with a form name Dialog?)

build 16 rocks!
Old 27th February 2006, 14:37   #517
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
Bug: "Enqueue and Play" Function:
When "Insert enqueued file after currently playing file" is selected, Winamp inserts the file into the correct place, but immediately (that is, not waiting for current song to finish, which would be what I would desire) begins playing the last file in the playlist anyway, which is no longer the desired song.

Winamp 5.02, JtFE v0.97 R B16, Windows XP Pro.

Otherwise, plugin seems to work great. Thanks, DrO!

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Nimelennar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 01:31   #518
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
are the "on end of queue" functions broke?
seems to be so (pails into insignificance when compared with the issues with the pmp_p4s and ml_online )

BoyNG: as i mentioned in the post for build 16 "Language support was removed until i release build 17"

#1: the setting does work, the options dialog doesn't handle that state correctly though

#2: that's not enabled, i may have missed the disabling of one or two of the menu options related to that

#3:see above

as for the favourites queue, there needs to be more work done in general to make it more useable (between 2 days on fixing the most obscure memory bugs and a pressures from the dev team i never got a chance to make a build that i was completely happy with).

lang support will return as i've said above, there was just no point in releasing the build with it enabled with only half of the options translatable (this was a hard call since it was either release a build to go into the winamp distro or not and wait longer for a new official public build).

spin26: a 500 limit seems reasonable, the 100 default was left over from testing so that's easy to alter.

the 'found(xxx/total number)' is easy to add since i have that value anyway for another part of the code so i can add that in for the next build

not too sure what you're wanting with the 'transparent color' request (and the 'Dialog' title is something i missed when i merged the code to use a common dialog for that mode between the queue and missing file highlighting. when i fix the language support that will be dealt with as well

Nimelennar: that's why that page is marked up as experimental (and is another thing that time pressures meant i couldn't finish as i would have liked)

hopefully i can start on work for the next build tomorrow, between work and just needing a break since i'd been working on the plugin till gone 3am+ for a good two weeks and just needed a break over the last few days to relax/recover. hopefully a 'nearer to where i'd like the build to be' release will be out soon

-daz
Old 28th February 2006, 12:00   #519
spin26

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
not too sure what you're wanting with the 'transparent color' request
I'm trying to just modify the font color(without highligting it) to have something like a red fontcolor only for the missing file... It's like 'use seperate font color for the main text' enabled without 'highligting option enabled...

edit:

have anyone experienced failing to close jtfe dialog via close(x) button?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_shot.jpg (26.9 KB, 463 views)

Last edited by spin26; 28th February 2006 at 12:57.
Old 28th February 2006, 14:00   #520
niktheguru

Feature Request!

Hey Dr O....

I wonder whether you would think about implementing the following feature to jtfe.

Convert to a new playlist

Let me explain.....say you have made a jtfe queue of about 30 songs from your playlist of 500. There should be a button or option somewhere allowing you to convert your jtfe queue into a new playlist....(not necessarily which replaces your current playlist of 500, but instead inserts itself in your playlists in the media library, so you can choose to activate it later)

This would be a really useful feature in my opinion, and a quick way to make a new playlist (as i often can't be bothered to rearrange files in my playlist, theres always certain songs u listen to more than others!!)

This feature would also be useful for people who use winamp for their ipods/portable devices as its an easy way to make custom playlists.

What do u think?

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion