Old 16th February 2006, 17:43   #601
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
i am having the same problem hawke is talking about but with song titles in arabic.
although i don't listen a lot to these songs , but it is very annoying not knowing wich song is being played.

help us count :Click here
Old 16th February 2006, 18:25   #602
DJ.Maca

I have similar problem too. I'm using Winamp 5.2 440 build and I have this problenm:

Mp3s use ID2v2 2.3 tags with unicode (UTF-16). In playlist and external applications (example FoxyTunes in Firefox) has some problems with showing some characters. More on two screenshots.

IMHO: I have adjusted right font with support unicode.
Attached Images
File Type: png problem1.png (25.4 KB, 736 views)
Old 16th February 2006, 18:26   #603
DJ.Maca

and second screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: png problem2.png (11.1 KB, 804 views)
Old 16th February 2006, 18:29   #604
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

While the ID3v2 tag editor supports Unicode, the playlist editor still does not. So, if the character is not in the current code page (language) selected in Windows, it will not display properly.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 16th February 2006, 18:38   #605
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ hawke & fisher819
The (Win98) ????? in taskbar issue for non-latin files is fixed for the next beta

@ DJ.Maca
What is your Windows OS and system locale?
What language is "language for non-unicode programs" set to in Control Panel?
What font is selected in Winamp > Prefs > Playlist?
[edit] plus what drewbar said :-D [/edit]
Old 16th February 2006, 19:19   #606
DJ.Maca

@DJ Egg
Windows XP SP2 Czech version + full support for other languages (asian languages etc)
Czech
Arial
Old 16th February 2006, 19:24   #607
kingofchaos6669

Well, I run into this "bug" when editing the ID3 tags in Winamp. Everytime I edit a MP3 file in Windows (Right click on the file, Properties > Summary > Advanced) It does this weird thing to the "Comments" area in the ID3 tag editor of Winamp... (It also happens durring other circumstances with other programs that edit the tags).

I'm using Windows XP Home SP2, Full Install, Happens in clean and overriding installs (and it exists in all beta versions)...

BTW, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before...

EDIT: Sorry, the PNG file didn't attach, so I uploaded it somewhere...

Old 16th February 2006, 19:37   #608
KISStian

Re: Winamp.exe not terminating

Quote:
Originally posted by KISStian
A problem that I am having with builds 427 and 393 is that whenever Winamp is closed, it takes an exceptionally long time for Winamp.exe to end, as observed in the task manager. Furthermore, it appears that my changes are not being stored when Winamp is closed and then re-opened. I have performed clean installs with both of the last two BETA builds and the problems continue to appear. I also installed the builds in non-default directories and they also continue to appear. As soon as I do a clean re-installation of v. 5.13, things go back to normal. Any ideas? Thanks.
After troubleshooting this issue for a while I decided to perform a fresh install of XP. After doing this, I confirmed that I am still having the issue with build 440 whereby winamp.exe does not immediately terminate after closing the program. Instead, it persists for about a minute in the task manager and the process cannot be killed. After continuing to research this, I confirmed that the issue is due to the portable device plugin. After uninstalling the plugin, eveything worked as it should, which also explains why v. 5.13 did not have any issues. I do have a Zen Vision:M, but the problem happens when the device is plugged in or not? Any ideas why this plugin may be causing winamp.exe to hang? Thanks.
Old 16th February 2006, 20:24   #609
giovannibgr

@DJ Egg
Ok, i give up - the video file playback just worked out. Unfortunately i can't say if it's because today i installed a new videocard (and new driver respectively) or because i put build 440 (i did nothing of the things you suggested, though). The former is doubtful - why would other versions (and other players) play it then; the latter means that you have undocumented bugfix in 440, congratulations
Old 16th February 2006, 21:24   #610
fisher819

hi again
this problem has been in winamp for a long time, and i know it has been brought up many times, but the controls in fullscreen video don't work, neither the progress bar or the volume, they tend to disappear.

Old 16th February 2006, 22:16   #611
Xorz1st

Where are my genre folders?

Hi community!

Excuse me for my bad English. I've only learned English in school as foreign language.

I've got a problem with the shoutcast radio sevice in Winamp 5.2.427 beta and 5.2.440 beta...

First I had the possibility to scroll the genre folders downwards from A-Z.
But now I have to click on letters at the top of the media libary and then I can select the genre of my choice.
But I don't want to search by genre in this way. I want the "old" search engine. =Click at the genre and everything works.
Is the new search engine a bug, or is it a new feature wich isn't favoured or did I changed the settings without my knowledge?

I hope my settings can be changed back.

PS.: A new installation of Winamp changed nothing.
Old 16th February 2006, 22:45   #612
jnagel

update

Quote:
I have a clean install of 5.2 beta build 440 running in a seperate directory from 5.13. No plugins; in fact, I haven't even loaded my media files into it yet. My problem arises when I exit 5.2beta. No matter what I have been doing within winamp, it always crashes and i get an illegal operation error (WINAMP caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00746775., etc etc) and the program then exits on a close of the dialog box. And seemingly at random, this error will also restart my machine.
The problem I am having seems similar to several other users... when trying to exit Winamp, it freezes, *tries* to report and then I get the illegal operation error, and sometimes it won't close, it just keeps popping up again and to get rid of it I must manually reboot, or sometimes the error box closes after one click, or sometimes it reboots my machine by itself seemingly. I also lose changes I have made (i.e. sizing the playlist editor, media library window, etc) which I assume are saved on exit.

I'm running build 440 and windows 98.

Thanks
Old 16th February 2006, 23:22   #613
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Re: Where are my genre folders?

Quote:
Originally posted by Xorz1st
Hi community!

Excuse me for my bad English. I've only learned English in school as foreign language.

I've got a problem with the shoutcast radio sevice in Winamp 5.2.427 beta and 5.2.440 beta...

First I had the possibility to scroll the genre folders downwards from A-Z.
But now I have to click on letters at the top of the media libary and then I can select the genre of my choice.
But I don't want to search by genre in this way. I want the "old" search engine. =Click at the genre and everything works.
Is the new search engine a bug, or is it a new feature wich isn't favoured or did I changed the settings without my knowledge?

I hope my settings can be changed back.

PS.: A new installation of Winamp changed nothing.
The shoutcast radio listings are still being worked on. You may see a few test messages from time to time, or at other times it may not function at all. Please note that this isnt a final release and you are getting to see work in progress.

Old 17th February 2006, 01:58   #614
sebt

DirectX output driver bug

@DJ Egg

Sorry to double post, but I figure you may have missed my previous posting in this thread.

Any chance of that long-standing DirectX output driver bug (device names) being fixed during the latest development phase?

If you recall, I had this problem (which I've posted about before) where my DSP factory card WME drivers expose their windows drivers as:

DS2416 Output 1
DS2416 Output 8
DS2416 Output 1 (2)
DS2416 Output 8 (2)

.. the second group of outputs refers to the second card in a 2 DS2416 card configuration. Unfortunately, Winamp's DirectX output driver loses the (2) from the text, showing a two lists of drivers 1..8 - because of the way Windows dropdowns work, the second set can never be chosen because their text is identical to the first. Have a look through my post history for a more thorough explanation.

I've now seen a similar bug on RME hammerfall cards and I've been told it is also a problem with MOTU cards as well.

Please don't forget us pro-audio users!

Cheers, Seb

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hi. Yup, this issue has been in the internal bugtracker for quite some time, but alas, there's still no fix as yet, heh.
Old 17th February 2006, 03:59   #615
Danny90

Do you think it is possable to make Winamp quicker?

Thanks,

And sorry if this has been asked!
Old 17th February 2006, 04:23   #616
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny90
Do you think it is possable to make Winamp quicker?

Thanks,

And sorry if this has been asked!
How fast do you want it ?

How fast can you click ?
Old 17th February 2006, 07:51   #617
Logy

just suggestion ... in media library rip and burn on medium info i hope developer will prefer capacity in MB or something like that instead sector... very confusing when end user like me using that things.......

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Old 17th February 2006, 08:39   #618
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
Not sure if this is posted (I skimmed the whole thread, but could have missed it), but winamp will dump the in-memory playlist and media library instead of saving it if it recieves a windows shutdown signal. (I know this is feature request, but couldn't it save them periodically (if dirty) to mitigate the effect of crashes?)
Old 17th February 2006, 09:57   #619
Clamm Deckard

So playlists are diabled for portabel players in the latest build. Think thats some kind of temporarly bug-fix ;-)

But whats up with this message:
(appears if i try to transfer songs with signs in ID Tag like "/""\"...)

Player: iRiver H10
Old 17th February 2006, 11:43   #620
hawke

DJ Egg,yes,I use Win98SE Traditional Chinese Version not English version.

Winamp 5.13 can show Chinese word right,but 5.2 Beta build 440 can't show it right.

Other bug:
When I uninstall Winamp 5.2 any beta version,the winamp icon of the desktop can't delete itself.
(After I install winamp 5.13 and uninstall it,it still can't delete icon).
If I install winamp 5.13 in other hard disk(not install
Winamp 5.2 Beta before),winamp icon can delete itself.

I guess this icon problem is Winamp 5.2 Beta bug not my computer(Or I use Win98SE OS).
Old 17th February 2006, 12:31   #621
giovannibgr

Remove dead files prompt

Can you guys put an "Ok / Cancel" prompt when "Remove missing files from playlist" is pressed. It's just AWFUL when you try to "Physically remove selected file(s)" and accidentaly lose control over WinAmp for some 2 minutes 10x God Alt+Del is a difficult combination to press by accident!

PS: I had a very hard time deciding if that's a bug report or a feature request, so since i got stuck with this thread, i decided to post it here Sorry for spamming, if so...
Old 17th February 2006, 12:47   #622
osmosis
Major Dude

another small oddity. with ATF on (and set to the default, [%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))) if given an untagged file like 2005-12-19-reason.mp3 it'll cut out the -12-19- and display as "2005 - reason" in the playlist. this is a file that isn't present in the Media Library, the ML is set to not add new files when played and i have that Advanced ML option from my earlier post (Use ML info for playlist formatting) off.

looks like it's trying to apply the ML detection logic to the file even though it shouldn't be (ATF should just make it show the entire filename) and there's no previous entry of the file in the ML for it to be drawing the info from (and it shouldn't be doing that anyway because i have it set not to).

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 17th February 2006, 13:12   #623
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ osmosis
That's not a 5.2-specific issue. That's the way it's been since v5.0
Winamp > Prefs > Media Library > Watch Folders > Configure
Select "no guessing"

@ giovannibgr & foxyshadis
Again, those are not 5.2-specific issues, and therefore should go in the Wishlist forum.

@ hawke
The ????? in taskbar issue under Win9x is fixed for the next public beta.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:37   #624
mrym

Re: folder name problem

@dj egg
so, couldn't confirm this?
Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
my atf settings is
[|$num(%tracknumber%,2)| ][ |%year%| ]$if2( %album% - , %folder% - )$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))[ - %artist%].
metadata readeing settings is
checked "read media infomation on import...." and checked "no guessing."

here is the problem details.
if i add files that have no tags such as wave, avi, etc to media library, those files title are named like "folder - file name."
so, when i play those files, winamp displays like "folder - folder - filename." very annoying.

reproducable?

xp sp2 clean installed 5.2 b427 + jtfe97r b14
i'm still having this problem and now it's getting worse than before...
[|$num(%tracknumber%,2)| ] is broken in 440.
it displays wired numbers when i play file that don't have track number.
if those files are not added in media library database, it shows properly.
see attachement.
Attached Images
File Type: png problem.png (40.4 KB, 692 views)
Old 17th February 2006, 16:13   #625
fisher819

Quote:
The (Win98) ????? in taskbar issue for non-latin files is fixed for the next beta
this is happening to me under win xp sp2.

Old 17th February 2006, 17:03   #626
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Build 449 available?
I really don't like Betanews.

Old 17th February 2006, 17:22   #627
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yup, there's currently some problem with uploading to the nullsoft server, so we asked betanews to host it instead, heh.

Build 449 changelog

Fixed id3v2 url tag writing bug
Fixed filename display for mp3 with no tags if atf is disabled
Fixed some Win98 bugs (????? in taskbar, crash on stop/close, etc)
Other general minor bugfixes & optimizations
New JTFE 0.97 (see notes)

This build is an unofficial release candidate

Thank you for all your help :-)
Old 17th February 2006, 17:53   #628
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
New JTFE 0.97 (see notes)
for everyone who has this installed (gen_jumpex.dll) compared to the old 0.96fg version, you will see a (significant in some cases) drop in winamp's memory usage even if you're not directly using the plugin's functionality (~3Mb on a 21k playlist )

mmm rc versions, don't it just make you tingle

-daz
Old 17th February 2006, 18:31   #629
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
WOW! A release candidate? NICE!
Just a few comments/questions/suggestions/another reason to tell Juanus to Shut his trap
1) In the Preferences > Media Library > Online Media Tab
- Couldn't that "Specify Ratings" button be moved to Online Services? And then you could remove that whole Online Media tab.
2) ?This issue/bug/feature is still present
3)No Playlist transfer support for the ML_PMP? I would think that would be second only to transfering music.

I am glad there are no more crashes though.
I love winamp. What would I do without it
Old 17th February 2006, 19:06   #630
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Wish: for 5.2 (after 3 million versions of Winamp), make it so it won't autostart Winamp and let the user choose wether to start Winamp after install or not! argh.

Old 17th February 2006, 19:27   #631
motion157

is there any plans to have a "Search" field at the top of the ML when you select a playlist on a portable device? It was one of the best things in ml_ipod. Currently it only shows the search field when you're on the root of the portable device. Or is it something plugin devs will have to do? 'cause if that's the case, I can start looking at the plugin api right now then.
Old 17th February 2006, 21:08   #632
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Juanus
1) Not at the moment, because ml_wire also uses it.
2) Yeah, reproduced. Weird.
3) No idea. Probably best to ask questions about ml_pmp in the Portable Devices sticky instead (same applies to motion157).
Old 17th February 2006, 21:45   #633
NyNe

Send a message via ICQ to NyNe Send a message via AIM to NyNe Send a message via Yahoo to NyNe
im having a problem with the JTFE
i enque an item in my playlist and it plays the item below it instead

for example i enque item 24 and it plays item 25

*edit*
im using 449 and the JTFE it came with
Old 17th February 2006, 22:07   #634
triplehgogeta

hey ive been having this problem for awhile now and i figured wit all these betas ud fix the problem, but maybe u havent discovered it.

ok this is wat comes up -

and another thing that happens along wit that is that winamp jus closes when i play songs and movies alot this never used to happen.
Old 17th February 2006, 22:47   #635
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@NyNe

Does it still happen with JTFE b15.1 ?

Download
Changelog
Discussion

@triplehgogeta
Sorry, but based on the lack of info provided, we can't reproduce that, heh.
Start by confirming a clean install of 5.2 beta, with no 3rd-party plugins or skins.
Read the 3rd-post in this thread for links/info on how to write a valid bug report.
Old 17th February 2006, 23:28   #636
em3

Why did you guys add a minimize button to the media library?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg min.jpg (35.1 KB, 684 views)
Old 17th February 2006, 23:39   #637
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ em3
It's the new JTFE (gen_jumpex) which adds that feature.
Do you not like it?
Old 17th February 2006, 23:45   #638
DrO

and it's not a minimise button, it's a winshade button

-daz
Old 18th February 2006, 00:33   #639
NyNe

Send a message via ICQ to NyNe Send a message via AIM to NyNe Send a message via Yahoo to NyNe
now using JTFE b15.1 the que problem is fixed

*edit*
and hey where do i get the winshade button for the ml?
Old 18th February 2006, 00:43   #640
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@NyeNye
It's there by default on all classic skins (not modern skins, heh).
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion