Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 28th February 2006, 14:12   #521
DrO

you mean like the add to favourites option (assuming it's enabled in the jtf prefs on the ml integration page)? since that stores the current queue in a playlist (though the feature needs more work and better handling still but it's useable to an extent i find)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 14:23   #522
spin26

@ niktheguru
On jtfe box goto manage mode and then 'save current cue'?
it will promp you to save the playlist though it wont be automatically be added to the media library playlists..
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 16:20   #523
niktheguru

lol, didn't see that. Nice.

Though it would still be nice to be able to whack it in the playlist menu in media library. You know where you click the playlists theres a menu there where u can "import current playlist", well another option of "import current jtfe queue" would be nice!!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 03:03   #524
spin26

Maybe DrO will include a feature on the next builds like 'Automatically add saved playlist to media library'

edit:
@DrO Regarding to the transparent color request..
maybe it would be easier for users to understand if just make 'highlight background color' and 'change font color of main text' to be independent with each other..I mean i dont have to enable the first option just to reach the later part.. Changing font color is also a highligting effect and
this may be easier to implement and understand..
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 14:31   #525
dancnpete

aww... crap

JTFE is great, and I appreciate all the work that has been done with it so far, I'm a little disappointed that on end of queue is broken, I'm going to have to downgrade my winamp till that works seeing as I use it every day
dancnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 19:12   #526
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Hi,

I've got a reproducible (clean install) bug in JTFE .97 Build 16.

To reproduce: 1) The ID3 album contains a colon (Phil Spector: Back To Mono) and there's no .m3u in the album folder, 2) ML options > Menu Extras > query ML if no .m3u is present is checked, 3) Right-click playlist entry > Jump to File > Queue album from playlist and Winamp crashes.

The error message reads 'The instruction at '0x77fcb0c8' referenced memory at 0x525c7365'. The memory could not be written.

I'm using 2k sp4 on an AMD Athlon xP 2000+, 256, Audigy, nVidia (Winamp has all nView functions disabled)

Best,

p.s. The ML options have upped my JTFE usage like you wouldn't believe.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 14:47   #527
ZaInT

Hello everyone, I'm back again.
I recently bought myself a nice little laptop, a HP NX6125, which just as my main computer uses an AMD CPU.
This one ALSO crashes completely when I have installed the latest version of JTFE.

I find it incredibly hard to think that I am the only one having this problem, since I get the problem on two independing computers with AMD CPUs as the only common thing except Windows XP.
ZaInT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 14:51   #528
TazDevil

ZaInT

AMD Athlon 2100+ CPU here and no crashes
Try installign the plugin in a clean winamp installation with no other 3rd party plugins, and see if it still crashes

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 15:13   #529
ZaInT

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
ZaInT

AMD Athlon 2100+ CPU here and no crashes
Try installign the plugin in a clean winamp installation with no other 3rd party plugins, and see if it still crashes
That's what I do every time :/
ZaInT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2006, 20:56   #530
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
DrO, just to let you know.

This weekend, I formatted my Hard Drive, and installed a new motherboard along with some other things, and my JTFE playlist slowness bug, that no one could reproduce, has gone.

I guess it was hardware related.
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 12:38   #531
Exor

Re: aww... crap

Quote:
Originally posted by dancnpete
JTFE is great, and I appreciate all the work that has been done with it so far, I'm a little disappointed that on end of queue is broken, I'm going to have to downgrade my winamp till that works seeing as I use it every day

Me too
I was wondering why music has been playing when I've woken up for the past 2 days.. i use 'on end of queue' stuff every night to stop the music after i fall asleep so that it doesn't wake me up later.

so downgrading winamp will make it work again? or do i have to downgrade JTFE?
Exor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 14:30   #532
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
downgrade jtfe....

from here: jtfe dev

either build 15.0 or maybe even earlier... i havent really checked.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 05:58   #533
dancnpete

excellent good idea billyvnilly. Only thing I had to go all the way down to 14.7 before it actually worked, but hey, now it works thanks for the help
dancnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 14:46   #534
Logy

where drO? why dro absent...? when drO absent?

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 14:48   #535
siebe83
Forum King

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/#Current%20News
Quote:
Wednesday 8 March 2006

All projects are now on indefinite hold. I realise i've promised people things but i just don't have the time and real desire anymore to code. I have to put my job first over coding plugins which has caused me more trouble than it has often been worth it if i'm honest.

-daz
Too bad.
But I can understand it, kinda... Coding takes lots of time and effort, and the main responses you get are bug reports, complaints and more requests. Hopefully he will re-find the desire one day and make awesome Winamp plugins again. I (and millions of others) use JTFE every day, thanks to him

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 00:42   #536
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Ditto. Many many thanks, DrO, and best wishes.
Old 18th March 2006, 05:29   #537
Logy

poor man, may be this side effect of Winamp UK holding on this genius man too long to do it this plugins...

Old 18th March 2006, 09:56   #538
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
PAY THE MAN.

>.>
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 13:46   #539
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Squadman
PAY THE MAN.

>.>
For real.
Old 19th March 2006, 18:59   #540
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Little bug

I found a bug. The bug/result is that two items in the playlist are highlighted as if they were both playing, which obviously can't be.

Reproduction:
- Delete the file in the playlist that is directly above the currently playing one.
- Now enqueue the file directly below the currently playing one. It will be highlighted as if it is playing while it isn't.

It also works (that's how I found out about it) when the file below the currently playing one was already enqueued.
The problem must be with JTFE, because it only happens with enqueued files.
Attached Images
File Type: png example.png (2.2 KB, 683 views)
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 00:38   #541
klowndes

Feature Request:

How about having the ability to enqueue a random song within search paramaters. For example--Next I want a random Radiohead song in my playlist to play. Or a random song from the search "Bea"

You get the idea...

Ryan
klowndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 19:18   #542
DrO

0.97.1 (Build 17) is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

Not an intentional timing but due to real life/work pressure dev time on all projects has been pretty much reduced. However here's a new build that i've sort of had to do to keep the dev team happy and to make sure a more stable version of the plugin is being distributed.
This is the same as in 5.22 so you only need to download it if you're determinded to stay on an older version of winamp (though i'm looking to get some dev builds running again soon) but hey, there's a changelog to look at now

Known issues:

* Language support is still disabled, just really haven't had the time to spend on this
* Shell options is still marked as 'experimental' and will be fixed basically whenever i can do it

-daz
Old 6th June 2006, 02:08   #543
DrO

0.97.3 (Build 20) is out:: release info

One fix for the preferences (again) forced quite a bit more of an update than i'd initially planned. Main thing is that the plugin is working a lot better with large queuelists/playlists which even for those working with small queuelists should give some speed improvements.

Known issues:

* Language support is still disabled, just really haven't had the time to spend on this
* Shell options is still marked as 'experimental' and will be fixed basically whenever i can do it

-daz
Old 7th June 2006, 13:59   #544
DrO

by the silence over the last two builds i'm taking it that i've not broken anything (other than the search speed issue that will be a true config option soon). i'm gradually going through the reported issues now so the next build or two should just be fixing up issues (need to look into Michgelsen's currently playing one since that's definitely an issue with the colouriser i believe).

also i've finally started on the language file support again (tweaked the internal implementation last night which saves about 200kb of memory in the plain english setup)

also what's people's views on allowing the jtf dialog to do ml queries in it ie running it with a ? or a ?? pair at the start which would then do the same as a search/query in the ml? just throwing the idea out since i still need to sort out testing such an implementation

-daz
Old 8th June 2006, 16:55   #545
Logy

i have some minor bugs... it is about jtfe when enable jtfe use current skin... when press j, it is blinking and winamp modern the top has sudenlly dissapear but jus only a around second, i try other skin mostly like the default modern skin, may be it is problems with new gen_ff!

nice work and stay in coding with winamp....

adios...

Old 8th June 2006, 19:13   #546
SamLab

Send a message via ICQ to SamLab
When expect cut-in an multilanguage support in plugin? 0.97.5 =)
SamLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 19:26   #547
DrO

logy: i think i follow what you mean though it seems to be related more to larger playlists. i'm not sure if there's anything i can do about it, i'll have to look into it.

SamLab: possibly by then. i need to finish reorganising the preferences and some of the internal code to make such a change easier to implement

-daz
Old 8th June 2006, 21:51   #548
amano
Major Dude

I don't think that it makes much sense to translate ONE plugin and all the others aren't translatable.

I would spare the energy for other things until there is a new translation concept for winamp and ALL its plugins.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2006, 01:03   #549
DrO

0.97.4 (Build 22) is out:: release info

I'll post the changelog later on but i need to get some sleep in but this should fix a number of 'on end of queue' issues which was also causing winamp to be closed when the machine went into standby/hibernation (sloppy code checks on my part)

amano: i know where you're coming from but since i don't know the timescale of such implementation and also i don't know to what extent 3rd parties will be covered by whatever implementation is provided. also it gives me a reason to clean up the new options which were implemented in the development of the 0.97 series

-daz
Old 9th June 2006, 19:58   #550
SamLab

Send a message via ICQ to SamLab
Other plugins localize in resource-editor, but beside this majority in HEX wired
SamLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 11:29   #551
DrO

just put the changelog for 0.97.4 (Build 22) up

-daz
Old 10th June 2006, 18:05   #552
DrO

Re: Little bug

Quote:
Originally posted by Michgelsen
I found a bug. The bug/result is that two items in the playlist are highlighted as if they were both playing, which obviously can't be.

Reproduction:
- Delete the file in the playlist that is directly above the currently playing one.
- Now enqueue the file directly below the currently playing one. It will be highlighted as if it is playing while it isn't.

It also works (that's how I found out about it) when the file below the currently playing one was already enqueued.
The problem must be with JTFE, because it only happens with enqueued files.
fully reproduced this and i've managed to fix it. the down side of the fix is that it's now incorrectly (see below #) highlighting the first entry in the playlist if that's queued after the currently playing track was removed.

# the reason for this is due to the way that winamp works whereby it has to have a current playlist entry and so the api used to query this will always return 0 (for the first playlist entry) if it's empty or the currently playing track was removed (as happens in this casE).

since having winamp be changed isn't going to happen since that's just not how the playlist editor works i'm trying to fix up a way to work around the issue by querying the current playlist item on a delete action and then checking if it still exists (or not later on). the end result is that i should have this fixed for the next build

-daz
Old 10th June 2006, 22:40   #553
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Sounds ok to me!
Michgelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 23:29   #554
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Early Devil
Hi,

I've got a reproducible (clean install) bug in JTFE .97 Build 16.

To reproduce: 1) The ID3 album contains a colon (Phil Spector: Back To Mono) and there's no .m3u in the album folder, 2) ML options > Menu Extras > query ML if no .m3u is present is checked, 3) Right-click playlist entry > Jump to File > Queue album from playlist and Winamp crashes.

The error message reads 'The instruction at '0x77fcb0c8' referenced memory at 0x525c7365'. The memory could not be written.

I'm using 2k sp4 on an AMD Athlon xP 2000+, 256, Audigy, nVidia (Winamp has all nView functions disabled)
reproduced and fixed for the next build (was a memory allocation issue with the ml queries being made)

Michgelsen: is all fixed now from what i can tell (wasn't too bad a fix in the end, heh)

-daz
Old 11th June 2006, 01:30   #555
DrO

Re: Feature Request!

Quote:
Originally posted by niktheguru
Convert to a new playlist

Let me explain.....say you have made a jtfe queue of about 30 songs from your playlist of 500. There should be a button or option somewhere allowing you to convert your jtfe queue into a new playlist....(not necessarily which replaces your current playlist of 500, but instead inserts itself in your playlists in the media library, so you can choose to activate it later)
started working on this one with it at the moment setup to potentially add the 'save current search' and 'save current queue' created playlists. need to work out the ml api/some hacks to remove the required user interaction for the moment but this should be in for the next version as a configurable option i think

does it show i'm working my back through this thread for issues/requests to deal with, heh

-daz
Old 11th June 2006, 01:45   #556
dazbradbury

Is,

"fixed the 'on end of queue' feature to work again"

Supposed to hold true of the latest build? I can't seem to get it to work...

Cheers. Daz.
dazbradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2006, 12:04   #557
DrO

it should be working since it's worked on all of my test setups (win95,win98fe/win98se/win2k/xp)

which options have you been trying to use with the feature and also is it from the jump to file menu or the playlist editor's right click menu?

-daz
Old 11th June 2006, 16:17   #558
dazbradbury

Ok, well, if I'm in the playlist editor, I right click, go to manage Queue...

From there, I can right click on an item in the queue and am presented with the option: "On End of Queue". Now, the stop playing item is selected, but, whether I click on it or not, it remains selected every time i access the menu.

However, on the end of my queue, it carries on playing regardless...

Should i try a fresh install? Maybe every time i've updated winamp something corrupt has remained...?

Thanks for the help, Daz.
Old 11th June 2006, 16:23   #559
DrO

that's what i needed to know confirmed the issue now. will see what i can get done for the next dev build. looks like the mode on that page isn't working correctly whereas the stop button and main jtf dialog ones are.

-daz
Old 11th June 2006, 16:38   #560
dazbradbury

Wait, are you saying there is another way to set the "On End of Queue" option? If so, please explain...

Cheers! Daz.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion