Old 21st April 2006, 13:24   #1
jimforyou2

WinAmp TV

where did winamp tv go. if its not broken dont fix it. lol its not here anymore.
jimforyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 13:31   #2
JonnyMac

That depends on what you are talking about.

The Winamp Video view has been intergraded with the Winamp Music view (as a "one stop" section) in WA 5.2x.

If it is an issue with SHOUTcast TV...
Sticky: SHOUTcast Radio/TV Lists In ML Is Down | No Stations - Genre Load Failed

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 00:22   #3
MstrFool

I think the poster may have been reffing the same problem I have. In 5.13 there was a nice tab that let you list the shoutcast TV stations and radio stations. In 5.21 not only is the content not there, but the tabs are not even there for the information to be under. In 5.2 they grouped things by name, which was a pain if you just wanted to poke around and see what was playing, but now there is not even a tab for it. There is the 'shoutcast wire' but that seems to be subscription podcasts and I find nothing about the shoutcast TV. I can not find any of the old shoutcast TV stations, even with the search, nor can I find the listing of over 3000 shoutcast radio stations that they claim prompred the change in format in the first place. I stayed with version 5.13 as it did everything I wanted the way I wanted, but now a large part of the reason I payed for winamp in the first place is simply missing. Other people do talk about it, so I have to wonder why I see something different. Shoutcast wire is the only shoutcast listing in this instalation of Winamp 5.21, and it does not list any of the stations that the old shoutcast list had. Or if it does, I can't find them, even SLAY radio is gone. As a side note, the only reason I tried 5.21 after my dislike of 5.2 was the one line in my TV listings telling me I had to upgrade.
MstrFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 00:46   #4
0rtiz

I have WinAmp 5.08 and until today was working fine, both with TV and Radio Stations, now it tells me to upgrade. I did upgrade to check if the stations work and they do, so I uninstalled 5.21 and went back to 5.08. I do not like WinAmp 5.21 for a few reasons and this is why I have 5.08.

The message I get is "Upgrade needed! Please ask your software authors to upgrade their Shoutcast directory support!" Can you guys fix this or are you trying to force people to get 5.21?

I been using Winamp since 2.0 and seems like its all down hill lately. I'm disappointed with its progress after 5.08, well 5.13 was okay, 5.2x is just awful.

Sorry if I offended you...
0rtiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 02:04   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

@ jimforyou2 & MstrFool

It all works fine, once you work out how to use it...

FAQ

Shoutcast Internet TV/Radio or Winamp Music etc views not present in 5.2
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=240314

@ 0rtiz

Please read the sticky threads first before posting, in particular...

Sticky: Not happy with 5.2 Online Services / Shoutcast browser? Read this first!

and do NOT quote me from a few months ago.
If I see that quote once more, it's byebye for you.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:55   #6
stoddard

Sorry,I've red all the FAQ and advices about the shoutcast broadcasting system ( Radio and Tv), but I couldn't fix the problem on the version 5.21. The matter is that in any way I can't use shoutcast system but in connection to shoutcast website. Otherwise it doesn't work in any way.
That's a mess, a great and an awful mess !
Yes I understand : winamp was a great program,I apprecieted your efforts, just till the version 5.13.
Now I'm thinking to get rid of it.
Win XP, Mobo ECS,RAM 750 GB, connection at 10 Mbps.
stoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:11   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

What problem? It all works perfectly for the vast majority of people.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 16:24   #8
stoddard

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
What problem? It all works perfectly for the vast majority of people.
Happy for you and the millions of users.
The problem really exists.
The witness is the number of posts " Why can't I... How can I listen to or watch ..? " and so on.
In Europe, where I live, the reference for all of us is the site of French winamp. And French people have the same trouble I experience in Italy, the same delusion in front of the new release. They are issuing the patches for European radios and Tvs. Is it a symptom?
We can see in media library the list of shoutcast radios and tvs, but if you double click ( or right and "play")on a station it doesn't effect.
More : if you make a search ( on the upper right of the window )and press "go" it doesn't effect.You will see the same list of the starting time and not the list you selected, if you are lucky.
What's the name of that for you. For me it's bug of the program.
More: If I visit shoutcast website and I open the website of .977( 80's grooves ) for instance, I can connect and play either by winamp or wmp : Why does it work in that way and not on its own natural purpose?
So there are no troubles of other software ( see a post where we are advised to post a Highjackthis report ), of NAT, of routers and so on.
My doubt is really oriented to a bug of program in itself.
I dislike to be so rought; how I said before I am really grateful of the work of the programmers and developers , but I can't agree with this last release 5.21.
Sincerely yours.
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:11   #9
NJK
Forum Frisian

@Stoddard

take a read here, it explains all

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....63#post1914163

Darkwave radio 24/7 --
-----------------------------------
Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

www.irnb.nl worldwide station on the net for all people
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:24   #10
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by stoddard
Happy for you and the millions of users.
The problem really exists.
The witness is the number of posts " Why can't I... How can I listen to or watch ..? " and so on.
In Europe, where I live, the reference for all of us is the site of French winamp. And French people have the same trouble I experience in Italy, the same delusion in front of the new release. They are issuing the patches for European radios and Tvs. Is it a symptom?
From what I see, those 'patches' (you're referring to this, right?) were meant to let users still find some radio stations, because the whole SHOUTcast listings were down. That's a different issue as you are experiencing, and as far as I know, that issue is now fixed:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=243586
(see last post in that thread)

In your previous post, you only said that you couldn't use the SHOUTcast system 'in any way', which doesn't give much clues for us to help you...
Quote:
We can see in media library the list of shoutcast radios and tvs, but if you double click ( or right and "play")on a station it doesn't effect.
More : if you make a search ( on the upper right of the window )and press "go" it doesn't effect.You will see the same list of the starting time and not the list you selected, if you are lucky.
What's the name of that for you. For me it's bug of the program.
More: If I visit shoutcast website and I open the website of .977( 80's grooves ) for instance, I can connect and play either by winamp or wmp : Why does it work in that way and not on its own natural purpose?
So there are no troubles of other software ( see a post where we are advised to post a Highjackthis report ), of NAT, of routers and so on.
My doubt is really oriented to a bug of program in itself.
I dislike to be so rought; how I said before I am really grateful of the work of the programmers and developers , but I can't agree with this last release 5.21.
Sincerely yours.
Whether it's a bug or not, we can't help without info. Sad but true.

The listings work perfectly fine for practically all users. The specific issue you are experiencing is very rare (only seen it mentioned two or three times).

If you want help, confirm a clean install of 5.21, with no third-party plugins (and that includes any patches coming from winampfr.com).
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=161361#specs

RE: NAT & routers, you probably read that in the SHOUTcast part of the forums. That part is meant for broadcasters, and isn't relevant to listeners/watchers.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 19:58   #11
stoddard

Sorry , Siebe 83. You are completely out of target.
The program doesn't work. Stop. That's all.
I think that we must be totally blind if we don't want to see that there are a lot of posts about the inability of the program to find and execute the online radios ( that completely, absolutely, perfectly run when we evocate them from the websites ).
When you suggest to read the post http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=243586
where we can read "Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath." that is more than an incertainity.
Not doubts about a full, clean installing action, no doubts about my pc and my software. No doubts about, I repeat, the clear situation that I can use winamp on a shoutcast website., but I can't tune any station by the winamp 5.21; meanwhile a did it every time I wanted by the release 5.13.
( and I'm not alone in this experience).
About France :
"Bon en attendant que la base de données sur Winamp.com refonctionne normalement pour mettre à jour le patch, la méthode est sauvage mais j'en ai marre d'attendre...
Voici un fichier Zip..à décompresser ici
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\RadiosFR

Lien 1
Lien 2

Pas de révolution, juste deux radios de Europe2.
Pardon à ceux qui sont gênés par cette modification pas professionnelle mais le site Américain a quelques soucis en ce moment"
I hope that you speak french as well as I do, because they say:
" waiting that the data base ( not database) on winamp.com works AGAIN adequately, to bild up the patch, the method is wild, but we can't stand waiting. Here is a patch...
Link1
link2
Not a revolution. Only two radios of Europe.
We beg the pardon of people who are bored by these not professional modifications., BUT THE AMERICAN SITE HAS SOME TROUBLES AT THIS MOMENT."
In my ( and I think not only for me) mind that means: we are able to watch and listen to nothing at all; here the rude patch for two European stations; the american developers are working to a more effective patch, as the program sucks.
Me too in my little environment do some little programs, for my business. Sometimes the application is ineffective, it doesn't run. I'm aware of my fault, of my imperfection, I don't deny a mistake.
I'm convinced that the release 5.21 is a mistake.
There are too many clues about that, in first position a lot of complaints about the problems of tuning that started from the date of release on this forum.
Do you want to deny that ?
I can't see the people who tell that the program is well working, certainly. I see only the complaints. But the forum in this section is full of them.
The history of internet is full of exemples like this. Of patch released after a crash ( f.i. do you remember the crashes after installation of ZA about a year ago ?)or not working programs, or bugs.
We are men, we can make some mistakes, little or giant.
I think that's better to face a problem than deny it.
Again I'm grateful to the programmers and developers for their work, but I can't agree with your opinion. As I described above.
Yours sibcerely.
Old 22nd April 2006, 20:04   #12
NJK
Forum Frisian

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
@Stoddard

take a read here, it explains all

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....63#post1914163
once again , do read this.

Darkwave radio 24/7 --
-----------------------------------
Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

www.irnb.nl worldwide station on the net for all people
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 20:14   #13
siebe83
Forum King

Yes, I can read French, and the patch was meant (as I already said) to give users the opportunity to listen to specific radio stations, because the listings were down. That was a server-side issue, and not a bug of the program.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=243586
That issue is about NO listings being displayed, i.e. NO stations come up in Winamp. Your issue is different. You have listings, but for some reason (who knows?) the stations that ARE displayed are not played.

The threads on this forum treat the following topics:
Some users don't like the new listings > not a bug.
Some users get script errors > due to IE settings set too high > not a bug.
Some users had no listings last week > server-side issue, now fixed > not a bug.

Your issue is different. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not. You won't provide info, so we will never know...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 20:20   #14
stoddard

Dear spaceplay,
I red it before. I take an excerpta:
".........If you don’t like it, don’t use it.
I use Winamp to play my choice of music, not to play what some wannaby disc jockey somewhere else decides I should hear. That you are all caught in that trap is your own problem........."
Yep: what does it means if can listen to anything at all ?
Wich is my choice ? Wich is the choiche that the program allows me ?

"Now quit your damned bitching. If it does not do what you want, find something that does. Nobody at Nullsoft owes you anything............"
Surely. Now the release doesn't do what I want. It does nothing.
Do you know anybody who wants noything from a program ?
Is it a player ? Not enough !
Thanks for your patience with a newbie. I'm not angry against anyone, I'm only deeply sad. I hope that the trouble will be turned off.
Yours sincerely.
Old 22nd April 2006, 22:27   #15
deppy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by stoddard

Now the release doesn't do what I want. It does nothing.
No offense stoddard, but I've been reading this entire thread and "it doesn't work" isn't much of an explination of what is going on....

If you can answer ALL of these questions, then I might be able to give you some direction....

1) Did you try a fresh install?
2) Do you see stations listed in the ML?
3) If yes, when you click on an entry in the ML does it load the playlist and show some entries in the winamp playlist?
4) Do any of the stations spit out errors in the Winamp Main Window?
5) Does this happen 100% of the time?

Thanks!

Please don't PM me for technical support. Other users can't search through PM's so it does the other users no good.
deppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 23:03   #16
stoddard

Deppy, You, like all others, are very kind.
I'll try to answer all questions:
1) yes. I uninstall the previous version, the winamp.ini in windows directory, the whole directory of C:\programs\winamp left by the system uninstaller. Then after the first fail I uninstalled again, and again, and again and I tried installing again, again and again.
2) yes
3 ) no; the double click or right click and choiche "play" doesn't effect. The winamp bar is empty.
I can notice that a communication starts on the web but it closes down in 3-5 seconds ( netlimiter, or Zone alarm give me notice of that); but the windows of Winamp doesn't show anything. The playlist remains totally empty.
4) The main window remains ever empty, No one station shows any sign of life
5) yes; it's the rule, in 100% of cases.

The stuff at the opposite works on AOL

I can add some other details:
a)running preferences> predixis music magic > test connection testing I have OK
b) I can load easily ( how I said above ) the list of shoutcasting radios or TVS. The trouble is only trying the connection by clicking on a choiche
c) On shoutcast.com if I chose the connection by clicking on " tune it" ( 2nd column) I receive the message " too many requests. Try again tomorrow" (?)in a page of the browser, but the number of connections on the station are less then those provided at maximum by the station. On the other hand if I open the webside of the radio (wichever you want ) and I click on the tuning button INSIDE the website I get instantly the connection and the playlist shows me the streams. Why?

So I can listen to my preferred radios only by a large trip: open the browser ( firefox) > go to shoutcast.com> select the radio> enter the radio webside > click on the tuning .
That's the evidence that the connection is well working, that my pc is all right, that winamp is ineffective in realizing the connection.
So I don't need winamp. I can use f.i. VLC or wmp and build up a playlist and use that.
Winamp is useful if it gives me a ready playlist where I can chose,where I can select. Otherwise it wastes only my time and I can find other ways more effective to listen to radio stations.
Every time my purpose is to be essential in my actions, winamp ( so as it is now ) bothers me.
All my thanks for your attention.
Sincerely yours.
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support