Winamp 5.22 Full emusic plus
Winamp 5.22 Pro
(asks for key during install)
Winamp 5.22 Lite
* New: loading of additional playlist formats: ASX/WAX/WMX/WVX, WPL, B4S
* New: [gen_ff] modern skin unicode support
* New: [in_wm] burning of DRM protected files (if allowed by content provider)
* New: [ml_pmp] transfer of playlists to portable devices
* Improved: More informative CD burning status window
* Improved: [gen_ff] modern skinning engine speed optimizations
* Improved: [in_wm] seeking improvements
* Improved: [in_wm] gapless WMA support
* Improved: [ml_nowplaying] Redesigned 'Now Playing' media library view (it actually works now)
* Improved: [pmp_ipod] Loading times for iPods reduced
* Fixed: Winamp won't restore after being minimized with a dialog box open
* Fixed: $abbr() title formatting lockup
* Fixed: Add Folder adds tracks BEFORE the last track
* Fixed: Clicking 'Next' in Fullscreen video OSD acts like clicking it twice
* Fixed: Rating in pledit right-click context menu always shows "No Rating"
* Fixed: CD burning bugs and crashes
* Fixed: CD Ripping not creating artist/album metadata under Win9x
* Fixed: Delete key not working in Online Services or SC Wire search
* Fixed: [out_wave] Stop with fadeout (Shift+V) just stops playback, no fadeout
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] modern skin pledit docked toolbar mode not remembered
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] ML size/position not remembered when switching from Classic to Modern and back to Classic skin
* Fixed: [gen_ml] playlists root view slowness bug
* Fixed: [gen_ml] Modern skin: Media Library > View (menu) > Devices
* Fixed: [in_midi] corrupt header crash
* Fixed: [in_mp4] metadata writing crash
* Fixed: [in_mp4] seek bug when using right arrow key
* Fixed: [in_mp3] MPEG-2 and MPEG-2.5 Layer 3 playback crash
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Winamp crashes when trying to play any wrongly named .aac file
* Fixed: [in_wave] WAV burning fix
* Fixed: [in_wave] Locking files (wav's can't be renamed/deleted)
* Fixed: [in_wm] lockup on wma with expired/unrenewable drm license
* Fixed: [in_wm] out of sync audio/video on some WMV streams
* Fixed: [in_vorbis] fullpath shown in playlist for tagless files with atf disabled
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Duplicates being synchronized
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Several crashes during transfers
* Fixed: [in_wm] out_ds hang/crash when removing active external soundcard
* Fixed: [out_ds] Can't select different Output Device with two active instances of out_ds
* Fixed: [out_ds] incorrect enumeration of stereo outputs for two of same pro soundcard
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v0.97.1 [build 17] (Thanks DrO)
* Updated: [gen_tray] Tray Control 2.0: Enhanced icon pack support (Thanks DrO)
-A few Media Library Playlist related issues have been reported where ml playlists aren't being saved; 'import playlists from folder' is using the containing dir to name the playlists, instead of using the m3u filenames; Add > Add Folder adds all filetypes (not just all-supported); and Rt-click Enqueue is not working.
There's now a new & fixed ml_playlists.dll & playlist.w5s
More info here
<-- Read this post for instructions!
-A newer version of ml_pmp.dll
(Portable Device Support module) is now available separately, and should fix the reported 'syncing duplicates' issue (direct zip download).
More info here
-gen_ml.dll is now just a Media Library plugin loader. All components can be removed separately. Now Playing (ml_nowplaying.dll), Bookmarks (ml_bookmarks.dll), History (ml_history.dll), Local Media (ml_local.dll), Playlists (ml_playlists.dll), Rip & Burn (ml_disc.dll), Online Services (ml_online.dll), Portables (ml_pmp.dll), SC Wire (ml_wire.dll). eg. If you remove all those dll's, then you'll just be left with an empty Media Library frame.
-JTFE search delay (on typing into search field): Default hard-coded value is 500ms. Depending on how fast/slow you type, you can adjust this value by adding: jtfe_search_delay=xxx to the [Jump To File Extra] section of winamp.ini (accepted values = anything from 1 to 3000 ms, eg. jtfe_search_delay=250 for a quarter second delay). This value will be editable via "Prefs > Jump To File" in a forthcoming build.
Full JTFE (Jump to File Extra - gen_jumpex.dll) changelog here
-in_mp3 > config > Tags/Titles tab: Now has options to read/write id3v1/v2, unicode/latin/iso tags, etc :-)
-Native asx, wax, wpl, b4s playlist support: If you ever installed it, the installer should auto detect & delete the 3rd-party Playlist Loader plugin (gen_b4s2m3u.dll), because 1) it is no longer required and 2) there will certainly be a conflict if it is present.
-Sonic Engine: The file which links Winamp to the Sonic Rip/Burn Engine is now renamed from pxsdkpls.dll to primosdk.dll (Winamp root dir). Note, a reboot may be required on some systems when installing the updated Sonic Engine. It isn't essential that you reboot here, but burning will probably not work until you do so.
-Other new files: Winamp root dir: burnlib.dll (required for burning); nde.dll (Nullsoft Database Engine) - extracted from gen_ml.dll; nscrt.dll (Nullsoft C++ Runtime Engine) - a combination of msvcr71.dll & unicows.lib (required for winamp to run on all windows os'es, note: MSVCR71.DLL uses some NT-only functions, but NSCRT.DLL re-routes those through unicows under Win9x). Winamp\System dir: watcher.w5s = the Scanner for ML Watch Folders (also extracted from gen_ml.dll)
-Winamp\the Media Library is now compatible with Windows Vista.
-Online Services: New "Back | Forward | Home | Stop | Refresh" buttons, and other optimizations (shame the winamp.com server is sooo busy/slow at the moment though, heh). New "Games" channel, new In2TV channel (U.S. only) & MusicNow store (U.S. only).
-Now Playing / minibrowser: No longer uses winampmb.htm when 'not connected to internet' is selected in Prefs. This will hopefully be fixed/reimplemented at some point, maybe for 5.24. Also note that the More button > Links section is also gone (as was used/configured via winamp.lks). Hopefully there'll be a new 'Links' view implemented in Online Services, again maybe for 5.24. Also note that it's a known issue where it says "Upgrade to Winamp Pro" even for registered versions. Again, this issue will hopefully be addressed, and can probably
be implemented serverside...
-The issue with in_wave.dll v3.0 where it doesn't support riff-wav's etc (embedded mp3 / and other codecs not supported by libsndfile) still exists (sorry, but there wasn't enough time to fix/address it, but it will be dealt with eventually). Workarounds are still listed here
(including link to old in_wave.dll from 5.13 and/or instructions on how to manually setup in_dshow to handle wav playback instead).
Please do not post any issues in this thread which require Tech Support
(eg. unreproducable crashes, slow load times, strange error messages, etc).
Please post them in a new thread in the Tech Support forum,
and remember to include all relevant info.
Reproducable bugs should be posted in the Bug Reports forum, but be sure to read the stickys in there first and follow the guidelines/supply all the required info etc (ie. your report will be invalid otherwise).
Old Winamp 5.21 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.2 Released thread