Old 29th September 2006, 14:56   #321
DrO

i'm not too sure if it'd work or not with 5.3 but i know how to hack it in, it's whether i can now do it or not that's the thing (since i think it's the same unicoding issue as with a few of the other plugins)

-daz
Old 8th October 2006, 23:48   #322
DrO

in_zip v0.6.8.0
  • Made improvements to the loading time of the alt+3 dialog with large archives (especially the HVSC sets) (few api tweaks and removed the sorting of the list)
  • Altered the way in_zip looks for unrar.dll and unacev2.dll to look in Plugins\in_zip then Plugins\ and then on the system file paths (useful for sharing just one unrar.dll,etc)
  • Fixed a bug with the handling of unacev2.dll which would cause it to be repeatedly loaded when it only needed to be loaded the once
  • Altered the reading of the zip:// entry titles so that it aborts as soon as possible and not looping through to the end of the archive (would cause a noticable slowdown with large archives)
  • Fixed a bug in the title query code for root archive entries which could cause Winamp to lock up (fixed thanks to Mouser X's funny winamp.ini)
  • Fixed the config dialog to not have a resizeable frame (was some how incorrectly set to have it)
  • Fixed a few buffer allocation issues which were noticeable when dealing with long zip:// entries
  • Removed some code from the rar and ace extraction code which was incorrectly stripping the rar file paths back and so would cause playback failure by trying to play invalid archive entries
  • Added the option (apart for ace archives due to issues with the ace code) to now extract all playlists found when the root archive is played
  • Fixed the 'extract first playlist' option to actually extract the first playlist found (could sometimes extract all playlists - fixed due to the above change)
  • Updated the default in_zip_rules.ini to support the msf format (would need to be manually edited in as required otherwise)
  • Reworked the adding of zip:// entries when the root archive is played to get speed improvements on 5.3+ (due to a temp playlist creation and insertion now that one of Winamp's apis works as expected - massively saves time for large archives like the HVSC ones)
  • Other minor code cleanups/tweaks to help improve (i hope) the speed of the plugin on extraction/viewing of the archive contents
get v0.6.8.0

The main aim of this release is to give improved speed when dealing with large archives (like the HVSC sets) but which should filter back to small/normal size archives. However the best effect will happen when used with 5.3+ due to it's new method of creating a temp playlist and then letting Winamp parse that instead of multiple entry insertions which is slower for large archives.

I will note that the ace archive support needs to undergo some improvements since it will not allow me to extract more than one playlist in one go (from one of the changes in the list above).

Also i am aware of issues where some of the zip:// entries may be truncated due to the new method of adding them into the playlist. This will be fixed at some stage but hopefully you won't be trying to add archives with long subfolder names in them from the desktop into Winamp to cause the entries to go over 256 characters long

Internally this is a reasonably different build from the last one so hopefully the testing i've done over the last week and a bit was enough to ensure there's nothing glaringly wrong that i don't know about. Enjoy!

-daz
Old 10th October 2006, 11:47   #323
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Working good here, you can feel that the loading is a little bit faster then before, the build is also very stable.

Tested with large .rar archives, which contain .psf2 files and .spc files.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:08   #324
DrO

cool i'm generally working on no news is good news with new in_zip builds, heh

-daz
Old 12th October 2006, 13:28   #325
ByTor201

Yep, no news to report here. Everything seems to be working just fine.
Old 12th October 2006, 13:44   #326
DrO

heh even Mouser X hasn't reported any weird issues to me since the new release so i think we've got a good build at last.

just need gunghouk to confirm if his issue has been resolved or not (i'd have thought it has been since it was very similar to one that i fixed for Mouser X)

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 13:12   #327
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Found one thing, which is really bad.

1. Open Winamp with the default Modern Skin.
2. Turn "Repeat Track" on
3. Open a zip, 7z or rar archive
4. Try to play the archive

Result: Winamp hangs

If I turn repeat track off, all works fine. If it's not possible to fix the loop, in_zip should deactivate "Manual Playlist advance" automatically when playing an archive.
Old 29th October 2006, 13:15   #328
DrO

is it just when trying to play the root of the archive or the zip:// entries?

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 13:17   #329
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
is it just when trying to play the root of the archive?
Exactly.
Old 29th October 2006, 13:21   #330
DrO

that sounds about right. will try and get a fixed build out later today (slightly alters the release schedule i'd had planned for this but i think the new feature is ready for release anyway...)

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 16:26   #331
DrO

hmm, just trying it out now and i'm not having any lockup issues with the current in_zip build. even tried with a clean install on a clean winamp install and no issues with that either. so i'm not sure if it's format specific or a setting specific conflict since the plugin is correctly forcing playback onto any tracks after it or will abort playback if there's nothing else in the playlist.

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 16:28   #332
ByTor201

Personally, I can't recreate the problem. I have repeat set on all the time and haven't had a lockup.
Old 29th October 2006, 16:34   #333
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Strange, I can reproduce this on 2 xp maschines, using latest Winamp build. All I can try is to make a clean install or just don't use manual playlist advance, when playing archives.

(Why do these bugs always just come on my systems. )

Repeat works, when the files are already listed in the playlist, if I just have the root entry key, Winamp hangs.

Format doesn't matter, happens with spc, vgm, psf files etc.
Old 29th October 2006, 16:36   #334
DrO

saying that i spoke too soon (was about to look at something else) and i've just managed to get a lock up but i'm not sure why having another file in the playlist is causing it. guess i've got something to look into now, heh

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 16:43   #335
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yeah, you're right, I can just reproduce on this maschine, when there is another file entry in the playlist over the root archive entry.

(But I guess on my main maschine, it hangs with just an archive file in the playlist, not sure. I will test this as soon as possible)
Old 29th October 2006, 16:48   #336
DrO

koopa: check your pm's

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 16:59   #337
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The test file, which DrO gave me works fine on this maschine, cannot reproduce the freezing here anymore. As soon as I am at home, I'll test on my main maschine and then I can verify the fix.

Thx DrO.
Old 29th October 2006, 18:51   #338
DrO

in_zip v0.6.8.5
  • Reworked the preferences to use an integrated preferences page now on 5.x systems (under General Preferences -> Archive Support)
  • Implemented a rules editor for the in_zip_rules.ini in the new preferences dialog
  • Fixed an issue with repeat track (repeat + manual advance enabled) handling which could send in_zip into an endless loop
  • Minor code reorganisation to merge common code to save some on the dll size (~1kb to part offset the code increase of new features)
  • Added holding down the tab key when starting to play the root of an archive will only extract and will not start Winamp playing
get v0.6.8.5

Main thing apart from Koopa's bug is the change of the preferences and the inclusion of a in_zip_rules.ini editor in the new preferences and built in help for it (is the main reason for the size increase of the dll since it made more sense to have the help built into the dll)

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 23:10   #339
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
  • Fixed an issue with repeat track (repeat + manual advance enabled) handling which could send in_zip into an endless loop
I can verify, that the bug is fixed now.

Last edited by Koopa; 29th October 2006 at 23:36.
Old 29th October 2006, 23:45   #340
DrO

yay

-daz
Old 30th October 2006, 23:37   #341
ByTor201

One small glitch I've found in this version is they playlist is not deleted after being extracted. I've just been finding playlists scattered about my directories after playing an archive.
Old 1st November 2006, 02:45   #342
ByTor201

I just wanted to add, after experimenting a bit, the playlist doesn't get deleted if "Use any playlist(s) found and extract all valid files" option. Otherwise, it does get properly deleted afterwards.
Old 1st November 2006, 08:33   #343
DrO

yeah, i've repro'd that as well but haven't had the time to fix it. will do so as soon as i can

-daz
Old 1st November 2006, 21:43   #344
DrO

on closer investigation, it looks like it's only rar archives that this is happening for (sort of not surprising with the quirkiness of the rar library). not sure if i'll manage a new build out tonight but will see how it goes

-daz
Old 1st November 2006, 23:29   #345
DrO

well i've managed to fix the incorrect creation of the playlists but it's not correctly combining the results of the different playlists in the archives (will handle the first &/or all other files but not multiple playlists) so i'll release a new build hopefully tomorrow night (also gives me a bit more time to verify nothing else is broken)

-daz
Old 2nd November 2006, 01:27   #346
Mouser X

Since you're working on fixing bugs anyway, I thought I'd bring one up I found (I've tried to mention this earlier on IRC, but I always seem to *just* miss you...). I've got a 7z file runs into the "too deep in the file system" problem (the locational data is too long for Windows to handle properly). In an attempt to get past this issue, I turned off "Use zip://_archive_|_entry_playlist entries for all files." However, the problem continued to happen. I looked at the playlist entry (CTRL+E), and the locational information was still included (making for a very very long playlist entry). To get rid of this extra data, I needed to turn playlist handling to "Ignore any playlists and just extract all valid files (default)." I usually have it on "Use first playlist found else extract all valid files." (I think that's what I normally have it on) So before changing playlist handling (but after disabling the "Use zip://_archive_|_entry_playlist entries for all files."), the entry would be something like "zip://X:\Music\Emulated Audio\Nsf\nsf_pack.rar|s\Sky Kid (1986)(Namco).nsf,0" (I can't quite remember if the filename was included or not), and after the playlist handling change, it is what it should have been, as "zip://X:\Music\Emulated Audio\Nsf\nsf_pack.rar,64"

Hopefully that explanation was thorough enough to be reproduced, and fixed. Of course, any questions, and I can hopefully be contacted on IRC. Good luck with the fixes! Mouser X over and out.
Old 2nd November 2006, 09:24   #347
DrO

yeah, it's the general clipping off at the 256th character irrespective of the formatting of the entry. i'm still trying to work out the best way to do the delayed change of the entries to the correct full path after loading. i'll sort out ByTor201's issue and will have to look at the longfilename handling over the weekend

-daz
Old 2nd November 2006, 23:55   #348
Mouser X

I'm aware of the Windows problem. That's why I tried to find a workaround. That's not the bug I was referring to. The error I was referring to relates to ""Use zip://_archive_|_entry_playlist entries for all files.", the entry would be something like "zip://X:\Music\Emulated Audio\Nsf\nsf_pack.rar|s\Sky Kid (1986)(Namco).nsf,0"" When turning that option off, shouldn't it have removed the locational data of the file (in the archive), rather than just add a number on the end? That's what I thought of as a bug. Hopefully that created a little more clarity. If not, feel free to contact me in IRC. Mouser X over and out.
Old 3rd November 2006, 13:52   #349
DrO

right, i think i've got a better idea of what's going on but i'll need to try it out with your winamp.ini over the weekend.

from the first post you're using the playlist extraction and from memory i think that code might be hard coding itself to use the 'zip://_archive_|_entry_playlist' format in all cases. i'll have to double check things through (since i'm not on my dev machine where the code is) but i think that option is only working for non-playlist entries (seems that way from the quick test i've done here).

i need to get the >256 thing fixed asap since it's been nagging me so i'll catch you on irc at some stage this weekend i'm sure to better sort things out

-daz
Old 7th November 2006, 09:29   #350
jokerswild

Send a message via Yahoo to jokerswild
Dro,

Any idea if the in_zip will support other formats such as .wav or .flac?

When I zip up a wav+g or flac+g and try to enque it all i get are numbers and no playable file.

I've tried adding those extentions to the in_zip config file but no luck.

any ideas would be helpful i really want to go lossless and be able to zip to a single file to save file counts.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:59   #351
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

What do you mean with +G?

I just zipped up some .flac files and played and enqueued them without any problems.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:15   #352
DrO

likewise. really need some more info on what exactly one of the wav+g / flac+g things is (or is like like mp3+cdg sort of things?). if so and it involves multiple files at a time then i'd either need a test file to work with or you can add a new rule to handle these formats but alas need some more info on what exactly is entailed by these files...

-daz
Old 8th November 2006, 01:07   #353
jokerswild

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
likewise. really need some more info on what exactly one of the wav+g / flac+g things is (or is like like mp3+cdg sort of things?). if so and it involves multiple files at a time then i'd either need a test file to work with or you can add a new rule to handle these formats but alas need some more info on what exactly is entailed by these files...

-daz
Wav+g and Flac+g are wav + CDG and Flac + CDG

I have a sample Flac+g.zip here

www.jokersentertainment.net/Physysteme.html

I tried adding a new rule for both wav and flac but doesn't seem to work

It enques only numbers and no audio file.... I am using Winamp plus the Autokdj plugin to play karaoke files...

I have no probelm playing uncompressed WAV+G files, both the .wav file and the .cdg file play properly. I have no trouble playing flac files by themselves, but don't get the graphic file to play. The later could be a problem with the CDG render program.
Old 8th November 2006, 05:26   #354
Mouser X

When setting up a rule, did you use in_zip 0.6.8.5? I ask, because it has an easy rules editor (Thanks DrO!). If you're using the most recent version of in_zip, then get to the rules editor, and click on the MP3 rule. Doing so should put "mp3" in the "Extension(s)" box, and put "%file%.cdg" in the "Associated rule" box. Change "mp3" to "flac" and click the add button (not update). Does this help, or make any difference?

I'm completely unfamiliar with CDG files, but this is actually the reason that in_zip was started in the first place (for MP3s and CDGs, that is). As such, I don't know why FLACs with CDGs wouldn't work. Perhaps it's an issue with your CDG plugin? What plugin are you using for CDG files?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but hopefully this issue gets resloved soon. Good luck with it. Mouser X over and out.
Old 8th November 2006, 14:01   #355
DrO

just tried with that test file and on adding ,flac after the mp3 rule for "%file%.cdg" it was extracting and playing the main flac file with the cdg file also being extracted (though i had to restart winamp to take the new setting so i'll have to fix).

so i'm a bit confused as to why it's not working correctly your end. you say that you're using autokdj, do mp3+cdg archives work ok for you?

-daz
Old 8th November 2006, 14:56   #356
jokerswild

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser X
When setting up a rule, did you use in_zip 0.6.8.5? I ask, because it has an easy rules editor (Thanks DrO!). If you're using the most recent version of in_zip, then get to the rules editor, and click on the MP3 rule. Doing so should put "mp3" in the "Extension(s)" box, and put "%file%.cdg" in the "Associated rule" box. Change "mp3" to "flac" and click the add button (not update). Does this help, or make any difference?

I'm completely unfamiliar with CDG files, but this is actually the reason that in_zip was started in the first place (for MP3s and CDGs, that is). As such, I don't know why FLACs with CDGs wouldn't work. Perhaps it's an issue with your CDG plugin? What plugin are you using for CDG files?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but hopefully this issue gets resloved soon. Good luck with it. Mouser X over and out.
Yes i tried that version and did add flac and wav to the config tab. Still no dice.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:06   #357
jokerswild

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
just tried with that test file and on adding ,flac after the mp3 rule for "%file%.cdg" it was extracting and playing the main flac file with the cdg file also being extracted (though i had to restart winamp to take the new setting so i'll have to fix).

so i'm a bit confused as to why it's not working correctly your end. you say that you're using autokdj, do mp3+cdg archives work ok for you?

-daz
Yes, mp3+g.zip does work just not flac+g.zip or wav+g.zip without doing extra things to get it to play... i can enque a mp3+g.zip from anywhere and in any normal fashion and it works.

I did add the rule for wav and flac but still doesn't let me enque and play in a normal fashion.

Not sure then what i'm doing wrong cause while i can get the flac file to play the cdg doesn't no matter what I do...

here's what happens

if I enque using autokdj i only get numbers and no playable file....

If i drag from the song entry view i get the file name but no track time until i dbl click on it in the playlist editor then a second song appears with the time and it starts to play but not the cdg.

If i go to the audio window and enque from there i get the file name again but no time until i dbl click on it in the playlist... it starts to play and again no cdg.

Now with wav files i have the same problems except that when dbl clicked on it does play both the audio and the cdg.

So basically i can play wav+g.zip if i either drag it to the playlist from the autokdj song entry and dbl click it or if i enque it normally from the audio view and dbl click...

when you tested the file how were you enqueing? were you using autokdj or just enqueing from a normal winamp view?

Last edited by jokerswild; 8th November 2006 at 15:21.
Old 8th November 2006, 15:39   #358
DrO

i just dragged the zip onto the playlist editor (can't give much else of a reply at the moment due to being at work)

-daz
Old 8th November 2006, 17:42   #359
jokerswild

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i just dragged the zip onto the playlist editor (can't give much else of a reply at the moment due to being at work)

-daz
That's cool... draging to the playlist editor works sort of but not the best solution...

the fact that flac+g doesn't work ziped or unziped as far as the graphic file being played with the audio could be a problem with either autokdj or the cdg render program from yanick... which I think he's working on or atleast he has the sample file to play with just haven't hear from him yet... if he can get flac+g to work i might not worry about ziping files except that it would reduce file counts...
Old 9th November 2006, 13:48   #360
DrO

i'll try and do some tests with that setup later tonight (had meant to get back to this last night but my timings went out the window).

there's no apparent reason that i can think off which would prevent things from working correctly for flac+g though i do remember mp3+g having some weird quirks when i first looked into things so it could even be something weird like a plugin loading order issue that's preventing things from working correctly (as has happened with a few other formats and the in_zip plugin so i may even have to look at that as a option).

either way i'll let you know what i find from my tests if only to confirm there may be some other form of issue, etc with one of the plugins in the playback chain that's needed in this instance.

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion