Old 4th January 2007, 20:22   #1
sysRq

removing ml_ipod

How would I go about total removal of ml_ipod? Specifically I am trying to understand what files I would need to remove on the ipod itself. Also I would like to revert control back to iTunes for album art if it is still possible without reformatting my ipod. I had about 10,000 songs set up with album art in iTunes and I ran ml_ipod simply to be able to play music from my ipod within winamp, not transferring files. After connecting only one time, ml_ipod rewrote my database, took out my TV Shows menu, and messed up all the album art. I would really think that you might want to include some warning upon running ml_ipod for the first time that it will make some serious changes to the way your ipod is set up.
sysRq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 03:56   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Sorry about that. It should keep the AlbumArt, i's strange that it messed up yours. I regularly switch from iTunes to ml_ipod and back, no problem.
You are sure that you used ml_ipod, and not the iPod support that comes bundled with Winamp? Which version of ml_ipod?
To remove it, simply remove the ml_ipod.dll from your Winamp\plugins folder. No need to change anything on the iPod.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 16:17   #3
sysRq

Hmm... how did you initially set up your album art though? Via itunes or ml_ipod? For whatever reason I can still see the album art when I select the song thru itunes (viewing the songs on my ipod, not my hard drive), but none of it shows up on the ipod screen. So it seems to me that the associations with the album art are all still there, but the ipod is being told not to show them, or rather, the ipod is being told a different way to associate album art with the songs.

[edit] oh, yes I am positive I am using ml_ipod; I use winamp 2.97, so it doesnt have ipod support... and I'm using the newest version, the one that supports gapless playback and transcoding. [/edit]

[update] Okay, I decided to try copying some stuff over using itunes... and it locks up now when it gets to "Updating iPod." This is a brand new issue that came up when I started using ml_ipod. As far as removing the .dll from my winamp plugins folder, that simply removes it from my computer. Is there absolutely no functionality being controlled by the ml_ipod files that are in my ipod's \control\ folder? Also, is there no way possible to revert the changes that were made to my db file? [/update]
sysRq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 20:24   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Maybe you have to enable album art support in ml_ipod first?
If it is disabled (which is default) I think it does not set the flags for album art when writing the database.

And sorry, no, there is no way of recovering the old database . If you want to stick with iTunes, and it does not work with the current database (which is kind of strange and unexpected), you will have to "restore" the iPod, which erases everythin

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion