Old 4th October 2007, 00:30   #121
PC Gamer
Banned

When will U release final version, 2008?
Old 4th October 2007, 00:35   #122
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by vjacques
thanks for the quick update on this but it actually makes the things worse--only the very 1st track after the winamp launch is being scrobbled.
@vjacques: that's strange (though that's a build from a few weeks back when trying to see why the plugin failed to scrobble tracks above the 64k limit). i've just tried in my dev install and it's working with the few tracks i've thrown at it (am using the gen_ loaded instance and classic skin).

do things change occur in the status info on the config dialog (since that's how i was double-checking things were being detected along with checking on my profile - DoctorO). if it's not picking up on that then i really don't know unless something else is present that's blocking the start of playback hacks in the code (i really really really want to find the time to get this thing rebuilt since it's a mess to work with and could be more reliable in start of playback detection without using the 2.x style hacks it relies on)

@PC Gamer: it's already publicised on the internet, google or looking in the last beta thread will answer your question or you can just wait for the release as a surprise.

-daz
Old 4th October 2007, 00:47   #123
vjacques

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
(am using the gen_ loaded instance and classic skin).

do things change occur in the status info on the config dialog...[/B]
ml_ instance with bento skin here.

config dialog only showed the 1st track and no further tracks were reflected there on in log (the line "New song detected..." never appeared either).

now back to beta preview 2, things are perfect with 1.1.11p5 or 1.1.10
Old 4th October 2007, 00:57   #124
DrO

just tried with the same and it's working correctly again (though in ml mode i've got corruption of the taskbar button text - guess i missed applying the subclassing fix for that). other than that if it's just not working then something has to be eating/blocking the messages before AS can get them.

try it as the gen instance (i never held to the whole ml variant being more reliable then the gen version since they can access the same data). i'll see if i can find any time to look into this further but with final coming up soon i've got to concentrate on my work for that (and my main job as well plus trying to get some sleep) than 3rd party plugins (including my own which need 5.5+ updates + a load that still aren't even 5.34+ compatible)

-daz
Old 4th October 2007, 01:12   #125
Zero2FiftyIn4

@Dr. O
I've tried the audioscrobbler 1.1.11p5 with both the bento and classic skin and it seems to be working with only the classic skin. Everytime I try it with the Bento skin it either sumbits the first song or doesnt submit at all. I haven't tried it with the normal modern skin. But I can work with the classic skin for now. I usually have it minimized anyway. Hopefully when you get time you can get everything working with the bento skin also.

::edit::
I've just switched over to the normal modern skin and it appears it doesn't work when using the modern skin either. So it looks like the modern skins are causing the problem.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."

Last edited by Zero2FiftyIn4; 4th October 2007 at 01:44.
Old 4th October 2007, 01:43   #126
PC Gamer
Banned

Oh, hehe, sorry, i'm so lazy.
Can U guys add video options 2 Winamp 5.5 like this:

http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/2/Video%20Options.JPG
http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456...%20Options.JPG
Old 4th October 2007, 02:16   #127
vjacques

confirming everything Zero2FiftyIn4 said above.
Old 4th October 2007, 04:23   #128
kearnemj

i have been working on a weird problem since installing build 1600. I installed this build over the previous beta, and later uninstalled and reinstalled, and installed over again. the problem is that every time i click certain items within the media library winamp crashes, stating a runtime error. However, i noticed that whenever i rescan the media library, it also crashes at seemingly random times, stating pure virtual function call...6025 and winamp also states it is unable to run the reporter.

After restarting winamp the media library is now just a grey screen and clicking on other items in the tree within the local media section yields just plain grey screens. the other directories seem fine (podcasts, bookmarks, history, etc.) http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...greyscreen.jpg

After some sifting through the windows event viewer i noticed that the crash involves the file nde.dll. I do not know how this file is involved but i both removed it from the winamp directory, deleted it, copied it back in, installed a new one from the installer, etc. and nothing seems to work.

I am not sure if this is even a winamp issue because i am getting runtime errors elsewhere and have already attempted the suggested solutions found in the thread runtime error I have no 3rd party plugins and am using vista ultimate. This is using the Bento skin and with several media library components not installed (transcoder, dashboard, now playing, cd rip & burn, and a couple others. can provide full list if necessary).

edit:
on further investigation, the grey screens also appear after simply closing and restarting winamp. the only way i can make the media library reappear properly is to restart my pc. i cant figure out why nde.dll or whatever is causing this.

edit 2:
ok evidently having 'audio' highlighted in the local media section while it is giving a grey screen and playing a file in the playlist causes it to crash too. also stating unable to run winamp reporter. i think this only happens when i click around in the local media section and then play a file after doing so.

edit 3:
ok after more tinkering i open winamp and the media library directory tree is now also completely grayed out. It crashed immediately, i restarted it and then it went automatically to the classic skin and crashed with this message: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...tionfailed.jpg

edit 4: at this point after a clean install the crashes appear totally random...sometimes just starting winamp crashes it, switching color themese crashes it, compacting aftr rescanning ml crashes it; multiple runtime errors..i dont get it. maybe this is just an issue on my pc.
all these problems seem to be occurring under all the skins.

i managed to get a crash log if anyone wants me to pm them with it.

Last edited by kearnemj; 4th October 2007 at 06:57.

Old 4th October 2007, 04:43   #129
matbonucci

Love Bento!

i fuckin' love the Bento Skin still buggy on the ML, but i'll wait guys

and a petition for Album Art:
- an option search on a specific folder, i have a huge folder with my cover arts and all named like this Artist - Album.jpg

please
Old 4th October 2007, 05:04   #130
iron2000

How about let the user customize what the album art display like change the filename it looks for or add a list of filenames it looks for, wildcards and such.

Thanx
Old 4th October 2007, 05:27   #131
matbonucci

:(

i know is on development but i can't browse my music (even on classic skin) and i can´t downgrade the winamp version
how can i fix the Media Library?

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/matbonucci/bento.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...ucci/bento.jpg
Old 4th October 2007, 05:38   #132
shortman_alan

im hating the way everything in the bento skin is now so big.. could there be an option to change between the way it was in preview 2 and what it is now?

also when it auto hides to the top of the screen. the bottom of the player is still sticking out on the bottom of the screen and when it is showing "unhidden" the bottom is cut off...

nice work on this though. loving it!
Old 4th October 2007, 05:46   #133
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

matbonucci: dump your ml db. or do a clean reinstall
Old 4th October 2007, 07:14   #134
Andre.Ziegler

The new beta crashed with a C++ Error: "Pure Virtual Call".

System: Windows XP MCE 2005 fully Patched
Intel Pentium M 725, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9700 mobility

here is the crash file:
Attached Files
File Type: 7z crash.7z (38.4 KB, 354 views)

Old 4th October 2007, 08:17   #135
jmbattle

Re: Love Bento!

Quote:
Originally posted by matbonucci
and a petition for Album Art:
- an option search on a specific folder, i have a huge folder with my cover arts and all named like this Artist - Album.jpg
Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot think of a reason why this would be useful.

Is there a plugin or perhaps another program that utilises Album Art arranged in this way?

Cheers,
James
x
Old 4th October 2007, 08:26   #136
Leonmeijer

I'm behind a proxy server, but when entering the password it cn't connect beceause there is wrriten:

"use http://username:password@proxyaddress,

but my password contains an "@" sign, how to do this?, when just writing my password in the format shown above it doesn't connect to the proxy server.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:31   #137
hugo25

Hello,

I have made some suggestion for bento skin :

http:/ /img396.imageshack.us/img396/1205/suggestioncz1.png

Thanks
Old 4th October 2007, 08:42   #138
Leonmeijer

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
Hello,

Thanks
Is there also a possibility for a just classic skin (with normal windows compnents, not with graphical sh*t, I don't like sknins at all)
Old 4th October 2007, 08:58   #139
djhouska

Move kbps khz stereo & bigger title

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo25
Hello,
Thanks

Really courageous changes . My opinion?
Title is truly too small (It might be bigger then in playlist and media library). It is difficult to read it from a distance of 1 or 2 meters.
There is more space for the title, if we move the kbps khz and stereo indicator (like hugo25 drawn).
Old 4th October 2007, 09:15   #140
cs188

Send a message via AIM to cs188
Is it possible to switch back to the old way of updating the bitrate display in Bento? I'm probably just very quirky, but I always loved how the Classic skin gave a millisecond-accurate bitrate indicator - like when I play VBR files, for example. In Beta 2, I loved how it was set to the classic mode for displaying this, but now it's back to being updated about once every second, like it's been in the Modern skin. I was just wondering if there could be an option somewhere (maybe with the songticker options?) to switch between bitrate updating frequency.

Other than that, I am loving the latest Beta, and can't wait for the final release. The new bigger buttons in Beta 3 were quite a shock at first, but now I'm getting used to them.
Old 4th October 2007, 11:51   #141
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
For all those that want the old Bento skin with the small buttons, here you go, straight from the 1568 installer (complete with any bugs):
http://users.telenet.be/darnley/Wina...o_v0.8_096.wal
Is there an updated version of the small button bento? I want the resizeable mainplayer and the possibilitie to only show the album cover at the file info component for the small button bento

o_0
Old 4th October 2007, 14:13   #142
heavydawson

Getting random crashes with in_mp3 and pure virtual call error messages. The Winamp crash reporter is sending on the details though, so I don't think there's any need to repeat them here. You guys will probably have gotten it from me about 10 times by now.
Old 4th October 2007, 14:18   #143
TheUniqueTiger

Winshade is clipping not only in Bento but also in Modern skin... Here's a screenshot with the default font mapped to another font.

And as mentioed in my previous post long back in this thread, please use a smoother font for the songticker, file info components and Big-content tabs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winshade clip.jpg (4.9 KB, 386 views)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 4th October 2007, 14:21   #144
soulstace

I am not seeing this clipping problem on any skin, at least with the default font. What fonts are you mapping to? Arial to ?
Old 4th October 2007, 14:23   #145
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Oh me oh my, where to start.....

Re: any posts about Big Bento vs Little Bento
Please see the "Common Requests" section of first post.
We're already working on a way to include both options, so please just ctfo about this, ok?

@kearnemj
Click here for info on how to create a "List of Plugins" and a "HijackThis log". Stick both logs inside one zip file, along with any crash/error dumps you can find, and either attach the zip to your next post, or upload it somewhere and then click the PM button under my post and send me the download url for the zip.

@matbonucci
I'm not sure what we're supposed to be looking at in your screenshot, or what the exact problem is that you're reporting (we need details!), but try a Clean install.

Re: Album Art config etc
Please read the notes & known issues etc in the first post.

@Andre.Ziegler
Please do not use Deutsch.lng with 5.5
The old Lang Pack system is deprecated.
More details to follow regarding the new Localization system.
All will be revealed soon :-)

I also noticed other 3rd-party plugins in your log:
in_winampac3.dll, in_cue, gen_mp3cue.dll, gen_WinAmp_to_QIP.dll (wtf is that?), and others.

I also noticed: ATI Tray Tools\raphook.dll
I think there was a case in the Beta Preview 1 thread where someone was getting a crash/conflict with ATI Tray Tools, which was resolved by adding Winamp to its Exclusion List.

@Leonmeijer
Yup, alas that's a long-standing issue, and not a 5.5-specific one.

Re: classic skin
Yes, select Winamp Classic from the Skins menu....

@cs188
Even the Classic skin wasn't updating the vbr display as fast as previous Bento was. It was much too rapid, and a fair few people commented on it, so it was changed accordingly. Now, if you'd said earlier that you liked it, then things might have ended up differently :-D
Old 4th October 2007, 14:41   #146
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
are there some more changes at the bento graphics in the future?

I ask because with this version all colourthemes are brighter and I haven't the time to update my colorthemes with every new beta.

o_0
Old 4th October 2007, 14:44   #147
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
I am not seeing this clipping problem on any skin, at least with the default font. What fonts are you mapping to? Arial to ?
I'm mapping both player.songticker.font and shade.songticker.font to LiquidCrystal. This wasn't an issue with 5.5b2, so something new introduced in this beta.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 4th October 2007, 14:44   #148
flocksoft
Major Dude

can someone confirm this? same problem with Bento, classic and modern skins

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....80#post2249380
Old 4th October 2007, 14:52   #149
TheUniqueTiger

@flocksoft:
Can you test the length of such title/album which is shown and above which its not shown? It shows even the longest title in my library, but its smaller than your example.

Old 4th October 2007, 15:03   #150
SunYear

I have a bad problem installing the new Winamp Remote.

In the installer windows, after downloading the Winamp Remote, the systems crash and reboot.

After sign in on the system, crash and reboot again.

The only way to solve this problem was get in on Safe Mode for Windows XP and disable the Winamp Remote.

Then the WInamp Toolbar on IE7 does't work.

Info:

Athlon 64 3500+
MSI K8N Neo4
1.5GB Ram
160GB HD
WIndows XP Xp2
Old 4th October 2007, 15:05   #151
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
I'm mapping both player.songticker.font and shade.songticker.font to LiquidCrystal. This wasn't an issue with 5.5b2, so something new introduced in this beta.
Yup, I see it now, in Modern skin. But when I switch to Bento, the font is still not clipping.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:32   #152
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by SunYear
I have a bad problem installing the new Winamp Remote.

In the installer windows, after downloading the Winamp Remote, the systems crash and reboot.

After sign in on the system, crash and reboot again.

The only way to solve this problem was get in on Safe Mode for Windows XP and disable the Winamp Remote.

Then the WInamp Toolbar on IE7 does't work.

Info:

Athlon 64 3500+
MSI K8N Neo4
1.5GB Ram
160GB HD
WIndows XP Xp2
Both of the Winamp Remote and Winamp Toolbar packages have just been updated.

The Winamp Remote update addresses the bsod issues that have been reported.

I've just added a #8 item to the "Known Installer related issues" section of the first post, which explains that you'll need to uninstall both Remote and Toolbar via Windows Control Panel, then reinstall Winamp 5.5 to get the updated Remote and Toolbar (if indeed you do intend to install & use them, heh).

If the Toolbar still doesn't work, then I'm not sure, but it's possible that some popup blocker you're using is blocking it...?
If using just the standard IE7 popup blocker, then see if the toolbar works after temporarily disabling it (IE7 > Tools menu > Popup Blocker > Turn off).
If it does, then I'll find out what domain/site needs adding to the Popup Blocker's Exclusion List in order to get it to work.

Also check in: IE7 > Tools menu > Manage add-ons > Enable or Disable add-ons
and see if Winamp Toolbar is set to Enabled, and not Disabled.

Or maybe you've disabled usage of 3rd-party browser extensions in IE options > Advanced?
Old 4th October 2007, 15:36   #153
flocksoft
Major Dude

playlist genarator long filenames

@TheUniqueTiger

I've tested what you said, and padding with numbers the title "This White Mountain On Which You Will" to "This White Mountain On Which You Will Die1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890" no problems..

but, this is strange, with the previous song I've changed all fields to a single letter with the same result

artist: A Silver Mt. Zion -> a
album: He Has Left Us Alone, But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms -> b
title: Stumble Then Rise On Some Awkward Morning -> c

could this be related to the length of the filename?

the answer is yes, because the same file, renamed in the same folder to a single letter file is ok

when the filename is longer than 129, the problem occurs (in my case, at least)

example:
130 characters long filename:
H:\My Music\A Silver Mt. Zion\He Has Left Us Alone, But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms\1234567890 123.mp3

tested on Windows XP PRO SP2 (English)
Old 4th October 2007, 15:37   #154
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ TheUniqueTiger & flocksoft & Soulstace
We'll look into all those issues shortly. Thanks.

By the way, what Scale are you using in Font Mapper? 100%, or much higher?
Old 4th October 2007, 15:48   #155
djhouska

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Both of the Winamp Remote and Winamp Toolbar packages have just been updated.

The Winamp Remote update addresses the bsod issues that have been reported.

I've just added a #8 item to the "Known Installer related issues" section of the first post, which explains that you'll need to uninstall both Remote and Toolbar via Windows Control Panel, then reinstall Winamp 5.5 to get the updated Remote and Toolbar (if indeed you do intend to install & use them, heh).

If the Toolbar still doesn't work, then I'm not sure, but it's possible that some popup blocker you're using is blocking it...?
If using just the standard IE7 popup blocker, then see if the toolbar works after temporarily disabling it (IE7 > Tools menu > Popup Blocker > Turn off).
If it does, then I'll find out what domain/site needs adding to the Popup Blocker's Exclusion List in order to get it to work.

Also check in: IE7 > Tools menu > Manage add-ons > Enable or Disable add-ons
and see if Winamp Toolbar is set to Enabled, and not Disabled.

Or maybe you've disabled usage of 3rd-party browser extensions in IE options > Advanced?

Didn't work for me, sorry .
-uninstall
-new installation
-IE settings checked
no 3rd party pop-up blocker,
WinXP, IE7
Old 4th October 2007, 16:04   #156
kearnemj

Re: Crash

ok here are all the relevant logs. at some point i had 5.5. essentials (find file on disk) installed and a tray control item, but they had both been removed during much of the previously mentioned crashes and misbehavior, just in case it showed up in the logs. i also experienced most of the behavior after the clean install without any 3rd party plugins installed too.

I noticed that when the ml local media screens went blank, given enough time and clicking on other elements caused them to reappear...but it wasnt very concrete.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z logs.7z (44.4 KB, 354 views)

Old 4th October 2007, 16:14   #157
Franky_B

Don't like the new bento.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:18   #158
matbonucci

Re: Re: Love Bento!

Quote:
Originally posted by jmbattle
[B]Pardon my ignorance, but I cannot think of a reason why this would be useful.

Is there a plugin or perhaps another program that utilises Album Art arranged in this way?
yes, there is.
CD Art Display
it shows the cover only on your desktop
Old 4th October 2007, 16:19   #159
Blackhearted

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
For all those that want the old Bento skin with the small buttons, here you go, straight from the 1568 installer (complete with any bugs):
http://users.telenet.be/darnley/Wina...o_v0.8_096.wal
Thanks a lot for that. For a while i thought i'd be stuck with this unbearably bulky... "thing", for lack of better word, that they stuck us with in this new version.

Now just to hope the winamp crew sees the ugly in the bulk and updates the old style bento to provide it as an option upon install of the next beta/the final.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:21   #160
joelchoy

i prefer the bento skin in preview 2 better. the skin in preview 3 is a little big.

i'm not complaining but just letting you know.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion