Old 5th October 2007, 06:53   #201
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@JW

Why? What section/feature is still force-switching you to the Now Playing view in the Media Library?

NowPlaying was rewritten and no longer has that feature, therefore the options were no longer necessary. All it does is show information/cover/biog/links for the currently playing track, but only if you manually click on Now Playing in the ml tree. Nothing should be forcing the ML to switch to the NP view any more.
Old 5th October 2007, 08:12   #202
AOLAmp

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
[B]@AOLAmp

From the changelog post:

-Misc: Bento skin: Added 'Go Pro' menu item (will be hidden for Pro reg'd users in 5.5 Final)*
Ah thank you, I missed that.

Also I have a question, is it possible to remove items from the Media Library tree? I've always wanted to remove the AOL items (AOL Music, AOL Videos, and Games). If not has this ever been suggested?
Old 5th October 2007, 08:33   #203
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by JW
No .m files included with Bento?
not until final is released

-daz
Old 5th October 2007, 08:42   #204
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Quote:
Originally posted by AOLAmp
Ah thank you, I missed that.

Also I have a question, is it possible to remove items from the Media Library tree? I've always wanted to remove the AOL items (AOL Music, AOL Videos, and Games). If not has this ever been suggested?
Click on the Online Services entry and then uncheck boxes in the right pane.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 5th October 2007, 08:47   #205
AOLAmp

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Darnley
Click on the Online Services entry and then uncheck boxes in the right pane.
Thank you I was just coming back here to edit my post, I didn't realize the option was there, I've spent countless hours in Options > Preferences... sigh.
Old 5th October 2007, 10:33   #206
Akdor 1154

The ML detachment issue I reported here (and was echoed here) is still in full effect in Beta 3, so it can't have been the same as the ML display issues that were reportedly fixed.

It seems strange to me, man, strange to me, don't it seem strange to you?
That a country founded on immigration is so damn racist too;
- John Butler Trio - Home Is Where the Heart Is

Last edited by Akdor 1154; 5th October 2007 at 11:33.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:37   #207
soulstace

I have never seen that, for as many years as I've been using Winamp. Perhaps if you could give step by step instructions to reproduce it.

It might be a 64-bit issue only, in which case I wouldn't be able to reproduce it anyway. I stopped using 64-bit Windows because of annoying random software issues..
Old 5th October 2007, 12:43   #208
sprutzle

Hi,

i'd like to use my new ipod classic with winamp, but at the moment there are some glitches that prevent me from using it (i am using mediamonkey instead but i don't like the interface very much). The problem deals mainly with the album art. When i sync the ipod with winamp and select one title from an album to play it takes very long before it starts playing (5-10seconds). When i skip to the next track the ipod doesn't display the album art any more. When i sync with mediamonkey everything works fine.

Regards, sprutzle

PS: i like the new bento ui
Old 5th October 2007, 12:44   #209
flocksoft
Major Dude

audioscrobbler

third party, I know
I've read in this thread about Audioscrobller plugin not working: yes, doesnt work also with classic skins

I've tested the "original", the DrO versions, the ml_ipod patched versions, and the new last.fm client (with another type of audioscrobbler plugin) with the same result

in my opinion the song change is not always detected (easy to see with last.fm client: this one refreshes the page of the played song in real time when the player changes the song, but this doesn't occur with beta3)
Old 5th October 2007, 14:00   #210
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Akdor 1154
The ML detachment issue I reported here (and was echoed here) is still in full effect in Beta 3, so it can't have been the same as the ML display issues that were reportedly fixed.
YEESS!! When you are getting a detachment issue with the ML, Im sure that MY problem with the ML is something similar...
FIX THEM!...

Today, I downloaded and installed 5.5 beta3 (build 1600) on my laptop - and I got the two problems I have posted before (which I knew I was going to get)...
FIX THEM...

If the next version will be final, I suggest that when (if) you try to fix the ML problems and the songticker startup text (Winamp 5.5 Beta....), you SEND ME some files so I can try it to.. I am the one who are getting the problems...
I know you have said you cant reproduce it, but LOOK IN THE CODE AND SEE IF YOU SEE ANYTHING WEIRD (Both with the Media Library and the startup text)..
Im sorry, but if you dont try to fix that, I have to say that WA 5.5 is not ready to be released at all! Sorry..
Old 5th October 2007, 14:16   #211
soulstace

I installed it on my laptop as well. Still not seeing any of those problems.. :\

I'm not saying they don't exist. Just saying I don't see these problems on any of my systems. Maybe the problem is with some other software you have on your computer? For example, people were having problems with flickering scrollbars, and it wasn't even Winamp's fault. It was Stardock Windowblinds..
Old 5th October 2007, 14:22   #212
Stone Free

Ever since my company made the proxy server the only way of accessing the internet the Gracenote CDDB form the CD plugin cannot contact the server. I have entered the loggon info for the proxy but it only works with the browser component.

Has the question about whether album art from .m4a files is supported (art shows in iTunes and the custom editor mentions some extra tags), as it doesn not seem to work for me.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:39   #213
ugoveri

Option to select items to update in autotag

Hi there,

Great work with this winamp 5.5 beta preview 3.

Besides the technical issues and crashes, I would like to make the suggestion of having an option of what items to update, when using single or multiple files auto-tag.

Imagine for example that you have given your own genre, lets say pop, and that the auto-tag from gracenote calls it rock, if you would like to keep your definitions no matter what without having to check manually each fields to see if you agreed with the option.

For example: In Tom Jobim Songbook which have 5 volumes, sometimes auto-tag got Tom Jobim Songbook, and some other times Jobim, Antonio Songbook, or something like that. If you have an option not to update the Album title, then you could be sure your values would be preserved.
Old 5th October 2007, 15:44   #214
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Option to select items to update in autotag

Quote:
Originally posted by ugoveri
Besides the technical issues and crashes, I would like to make the suggestion of having an option of what items to update, when using single or multiple files auto-tag.
Such a Feature Request was already logged against the BETA build here.
You might follow the link to the wishlist thread and note your endorsement there.
Old 5th October 2007, 17:12   #215
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
I installed it on my laptop as well. Still not seeing any of those problems.. :\

I'm not saying they don't exist. Just saying I don't see these problems on any of my systems. Maybe the problem is with some other software you have on your computer? For example, people were having problems with flickering scrollbars, and it wasn't even Winamp's fault. It was Stardock Windowblinds..
Maybe... But my laptop is a new computer... Fresh...
And my home pc -> I have tried all the beta`s (from 5.36 to 5.5 beta3)... Something IS done in 5.5 beta3 so I get the problems... SOMETHING..
I saw in the changelog some things about Media Libraru detachment glitch when using Modern skin and switching to Bento, and stuff like that.. I am srure that something IN that code ore some of the other fixes is the reason why I get the problems...

DEVs (DJ Egg, DrO, Benski, or someone), can you take a look in the codes and see if you see anything weird? It is worth the try, as the other betas worked fine, and I dont want this in final...
Old 5th October 2007, 17:25   #216
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

If anyone is still having problems with getting the Winamp Toolbar to appear/work in IE under a non EN-US locale, please try this update and confirm whether it now works or not:

Winamp Toolbar
http://download.gdownload.nullsoft.c...es/toolbar.exe

Uninstall the previous Toolbar version first.

Also note that you might have to restart Winamp afterwards for the Toolbar's Play/Stop/etc controls to work.

@Stone Free
Embedded art in .m4a should work, though there has been some emdedded art fixes applied internally, so you might have to wait until 5.5 Final to confirm it. It worked fine for the few files we tested with. Also note that iTunes might not always embed the art in the .m4a file, but might just store it in the iTunes database instead...

Re: Gracenote/CDDB & proxy
It's meant to work with/respect Winamp's proxy setting, but I suspect that it could be a bit flaky after the GN/MusicID 2.5 update. Hopefully it will get looked into....

@ugoveri & jph6t
Re: selecting or editing fields to be updated in autotag ui
We've actually already discussed implementing such an option, but it's possible that it won't be done in time for 5.5 and might have to wait for 5.51 - we shall see....

@Kn0tte & Akdor 1154
Sorry, but we can't fix anything that no-one but yourselves can reproduce.

@sprutzle & flocksoft
Sorry. No idea. Anyone else?
Old 5th October 2007, 17:35   #217
DBGARZA

I just downloaded the updated toolbar and now is working perfectly for me, I should have known it had something to do with the locale thing since I live in Mexico so my IE7 and Windows XP are in spanish :P

Thanks for fix it guys you rock!
Old 5th October 2007, 17:41   #218
sprutzle

Quote:

@sprutzle & flocksoft
Sorry. No idea. Anyone else? [/B]
Hi DJ Egg,

do you mean that you cannot reproduce this behavior? Maybe it's a fault on my side. I will check this again this evening.

Regards, sprutzle

PS: I found another user with the same problem:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....18#post2241218

edit: i checked once again. Synced with winamp (1 Album) and i even don't get the (useless but nice) cover art preview on the right side of the ipod's display when music is highlighted. And skipping to the next track of the winamp-synced album and the cover art disappears. Deleted the Album and synced with mediamonkey everything works fine. Strange! Can anyone confirm this?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
What I meant was that I don't even have an iPod, let alone an iPod Classic, so your issue would be best left to the pmp dev(s) to look at/comment on, because I personally don't have any clue about it.

Last edited by sprutzle; 5th October 2007 at 18:43.
Old 5th October 2007, 17:49   #219
soulstace

Minor ML/Bento skin resizing issue:

Sometimes, when I use the "Collapse Window" and "Expand Window" button at the bottom of Bento, the skin does not restore to the same height that it was before I collapsed it.

This happens both on my XP and Vista machines (widescreen and fullscreen resolutions), and it seems to be somewhat random. Sometimes it actually restores itself to the correct height, other times it expands much shorter and I have to manually resize it again.

The easiest way to reproduce it, is to have Bento in full mode (but not maximized). Then select "Local Media" in the ML. Make the skin larger in vertical height. Exit Winamp. Launch Winamp again and toggle the Collapse/Expand Window button.

Most of the time I do that, the skin expands shorter than when I collapsed it. Sometimes Winamp even loads up with the incorrect skin dimensions, without me even having to click the button.

Last edited by soulstace; 5th October 2007 at 18:12.
Old 5th October 2007, 18:12   #220
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:

@Kn0tte & Akdor 1154
Sorry, but we can't fix anything that no-one but yourselves can reproduce.
Ok, fine... But something is sure, you did something in 5.5 beta3 (build 1600)...
It could be the installer who are messing with me, who knows..
Lets hope I dont get these two problems with the next version...
And will that be beta or final?

But it is kinda weird... All windows except the Media Library opens fine... :S
Old 5th October 2007, 18:30   #221
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
Is there a way to make the Bento File info window use the same font as the rest of the windows? It's my poor old eyes you understand.
You can use the Font Mapper (Ctrl+P > Modern Skins > Font Rendering > Font Mapper) to map the Arial font to something easier for you to see.

Click "Use skin font mapper" checkbox, then the "Configure Skin Font Mapping" button.
Old 5th October 2007, 18:47   #222
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
Quote:
If anyone is still having problems with getting the Winamp Toolbar to appear/work in IE under a non EN-US locale, please try this update and confirm whether it now works or not:

Winamp Toolbar
http://download.gdownload.nullsoft.c...es/toolbar.exe

Now it works for me. Thanks!

WinXP Home SP2 with IE6
Vista Business with IE7

(both in german)

If you want, I can test it with Win2000/2003/2008 too
Old 5th October 2007, 18:54   #223
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
You can use the Font Mapper (Ctrl+P > Modern Skins > Font Rendering > Font Mapper) to map the Arial font to something easier for you to see.

Click "Use skin font mapper" checkbox, then the "Configure Skin Font Mapping" button.
Many Thanks soulstace, that's perfect(almost)

I've mapped arial to arial @ 132%
The field contents overlap the field names a little, but a big improvement for me.

UJ
Old 5th October 2007, 18:58   #224
soulstace

Glad to help, ujay

I noticed the overlapping issue as well. But this was the only way I could find to change the font of the File Info window in Bento (unless I am missing something).
Old 5th October 2007, 19:21   #225
ujay
Forum King

Ah, just noticed it clips the bottom of the text a little as well.

I'll have a bit of a juggle and see if I can find a happy medium

UJ

[edit] I've remapped @ 120% and re-scaled the main player window to 130%.
That works

Last edited by ujay; 5th October 2007 at 19:42.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:39   #226
unitexa

Last.fm Scrobbling Issue

This is a mirror of my post on the Last.fm forums (
Quote:
http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/333449
).

I just got build 1600, and it seems that some change that was made since 1550 had broken scrobbling. It's broken using any kind of plugin, new and old, media-library based and non.

I have mixed file types, mp3/ogg/flac, and the behavior is exhibited across all of them. However the behavior is random. It appears that I can force a song to scrobble if I open up a fresh instance of winamp and play some song. On occasion no scrobbling will result, but on occasion the song will get detected. Something else that happens is if I switch songs during the timer to scrobble, it doesn't switch to the new song, it keeps counting down for the initial song.

I'm assuming some event calling got broken, I'm assuming it's winamp's fault. I'm going to mention this on their forums, however if whatever changes were made to cause this are going to make it to the release build then it would be a good idea for the last.fm team to be aware of them, and the users as well.

Essentially, at this point, I have no control over what songs actually get scrobbled. And this is in no way a tagging issue, my library is pristine and besides the problem only occurred with the new winamp build.

I'd like some feedback from others on this, I'll test it out on my work machine tomorrow for consistency.

Thanks
Old 5th October 2007, 20:09   #227
DrO

i'd been waiting for you to post over here since i'd only just seen the post on the last.fm forums and hence why i've quickly run up a new test build of the old standalone plugin (since the version that i did to fix support of scrobbling playlist position entries > 64k doesn't seem to work for those two having issues (though i've had it running fine all of the way through the 5.36/5.5 beta phase)

try with http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioSc...oScrobbler.dll and see if it's correctly detecting the start of playback via the config dialog status.

if that's not working then i've got a fun job to find a machine i can code on which exhibits the issue (will have to see what happens on one of my xp boxes in a bit). post back either way since something is weird if that's 3 cases of it not working (has to be something silly but i can't see what since things really haven't been messed with in winamp.exe bar the main thing of removing the win9x unicows layer support

-daz
Old 5th October 2007, 20:36   #228
TheUniqueTiger

@DJ Egg:
The font is mapped to 100%. I tried with some other fonts too and found that it happens due to the difference in the size of fonts... some fonts appear small and get adjusted, while the bigger ones get clipped. In the back of my mind, I guess its not a Winamp issue.

Two more issues...
1. The smoother songticker scrolling still has a glitch... Even after it was updated for good (but not perfect), in the modern skin I noticed that keeping the Main window at normal size and the playlist editor in Winshade, the PL scrolls far smoothly than the Main window text. Looks like PL has retained the smooth scrolling from the previous smooth-scrolling version but not the Main window (even after update!)... Please look at what the difference between the two is and accordingly make corrections. I feel PL smooth scrolling is desirable as its a smooth continuous scroll.

2. For certain VBR MP3 files, the length of the file is reported correctly everywhere in Winamp except the notifier... for example a 4:39 track is shown as 9:36 in the notifier. It happens with only some VBR MP3s, not all. Strange! (Please dont ask for the file as I can't provide it.)

3. Please consider a smoother font other than MS Serif for the songticker, file info and Big-content tabs as I've said above.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 5th October 2007, 21:19   #229
synthetiq

i've installed the "new" IE toolbar
i like it very nuch, nice idea
but i cant remove the buttons there, i went to the "options" but the remove button isn't working, at least for me.

@MartinDeimos ( or somebody else )
and now a little wish for final bento with slim buttons: i hope to be able to resize the now playing space (where the cover art is and name) to show only the album cover, just like the bento skin with large buttons.

thankx
Old 5th October 2007, 21:30   #230
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
@DJ Egg:
The font is mapped to 100%. I tried with some other fonts too and found that it happens due to the difference in the size of fonts... some fonts appear small and get adjusted, while the bigger ones get clipped. In the back of my mind, I guess its not a Winamp issue.

Two more issues...
1. The smoother songticker scrolling still has a glitch... Even after it was updated for good (but not perfect), in the modern skin I noticed that keeping the Main window at normal size and the playlist editor in Winshade, the PL scrolls far smoothly than the Main window text. Looks like PL has retained the smooth scrolling from the previous smooth-scrolling version but not the Main window (even after update!)... Please look at what the difference between the two is and accordingly make corrections. I feel PL smooth scrolling is desirable as its a smooth continuous scroll.

3. Please consider a smoother font other than MS Serif for the songticker, file info and Big-content tabs as I've said above.
The songticker in the playlist with WINDOWSHADE is different.. It has not the option to use "Classic scroller" style.. In windowshade, the style is as it was in 5.35.. Therefore, it is different..
The songticker in the windowshade mode is not "continuous scrolling" (also called Classic style), but BOUNCING scrolling (also called Modern style).
In the main window, it is new.. We can chooce scroller type etc (which would also be good in windwoshade)...

DJ Egg - Will we see another beta before final? When you finish the installer and stuff and whatever you do with the Media Library (others have posted other things than me), I want to test Winamp and see if the bugs are gone.. Like the other betas which has been wonderful - No bugs like those I have now.. I would be so glad if I dont get these bugs in the next version..
Old 5th October 2007, 22:17   #231
pifficus

Winamp 5.5 toolbar problems

Winamp toolbar problem here is extra info created by install.I hope it helps you make the thing work as I would like to use it. My IE Version is 7 on XP PRO SP2.I manually registered the dll's in toolbar directory and it appeared but no buttons or anything, so I uninstalled it as it was a load of crap being that way.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO USE IT IF IT WORKED AS PICTURED ON YOUR SITE.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Log removed as surplus to requirement. The updated version works :-)
Old 5th October 2007, 22:24   #232
pifficus

Toolbar download from forums site works.
Toolbar from beta site does not
Old 5th October 2007, 22:30   #233
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by pifficus
Toolbar download from forums site works.
i hope you're refering to the version from this post since that is a newer test build to see if things would work. from others posts and my own tests, it looks like things are working ok now (i'll just hold back my comments about the toolbar in it's current incarnation...)

-daz
Old 5th October 2007, 22:34   #234
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
No. This was the last preview before Final.
If there's still any minor bugs (hopefully not) then there's always 5.51/2/3/etc to fix them. As you surely know, no software can ever be 100% bug free. Someone will eventually always find something.

As for design/ui/font/feature requests etc, these are not bugs.
I personally don't really have much say on what font is used in skins for songtickers etc, or whether the winshade mode does this or that, etc.

@TheUniqueTiger
1. Hmm, I'm not seeing this songticker scrolling glitch...
2. Haven't noticed it, but yeah, if we can't reproduce it, then a link to a sample file always helps.
3. See last paragraph of reply to Kn0tte

@soulstace
Yeah, the collapse/expand issue has been mentioned before and is known. It only seems to happen on first click of 'collapse -> expand'. If you resize it again, then everything is ok afterwards.

@DBGARZA & MrX_1980
Thanks for the confirmation that the Toolbar is now working.

@synthetiq
1. I don't think those options are enabled/working yet in the toolbar config.
2. Big & Little Bento skins will both be exactly the same feature-wise, the only obvious differences will be size-related.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:38   #235
synthetiq

Just a question:
In Bento, when we generate an html playlist , it opens the bento browser, with the generated playlist.
i would like better to open externally in a IE window so that i could save it as an independent file (eg. going to File, save as... ), and not to have to right click and "save target" because i wonder thats the only way to save it as an html file.

thankx
Old 5th October 2007, 22:42   #236
TheUniqueTiger

@DJ Egg:
Regarding the font, then can you please make it customizable as other parts of the player font can be mapped...

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 5th October 2007, 22:49   #237
synthetiq

Another issue i noticed,
in Bento with the window collapsed ( i mean not showing the ML) and when i click the "enlarge playlist" the window fickers ( i dunno the right english word !) but seems winamp is trying to expand the playlist but it doesn't expand.

anyone give a try : click the "enlarge playlist", with the ML collaped (hided).

thanks
Old 5th October 2007, 23:08   #238
soulstace

Quote:
@soulstace
Yeah, the collapse/expand issue has been mentioned before and is known. It only seems to happen on first click of 'collapse -> expand'. If you resize it again, then everything is ok afterwards.
Thanks for the confirmation DJ. However, no matter how many times I resize it, the dimensions still don't get restored correctly. For example, when I switch from

Full -> Collapsed -> Windowshade -> Collapsed -> Full

Back to square one. The skin once again forgets its dimensions.

Minor issue, but just thought it was worth mentioning since it can get a little annoying.

@synthetiq,

Yeah I noticed that one in previous betas as well. What I did not notice however, is that the colors/borders under the Play/Pause buttons change too (VooDoo`s City Night theme).

[EDIT]
I think all of these things are probably just minor cosmetic issues, and not really "bugs" per se. The devs most likely have more important problems to get worked out before the final release, so we best not bother them much about these.

Last edited by soulstace; 5th October 2007 at 23:31.
Old 5th October 2007, 23:37   #239
doodle2

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger

2. For certain VBR MP3 files, the length of the file is reported correctly everywhere in Winamp except the notifier... for example a 4:39 track is shown as 9:36 in the notifier. It happens with only some VBR MP3s, not all. Strange! (Please dont ask for the file as I can't provide it.)
+1
Old 5th October 2007, 23:40   #240
Zero2FiftyIn4

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'd been waiting for you to post over here since i'd only just seen the post on the last.fm forums and hence why i've quickly run up a new test build of the old standalone plugin (since the version that i did to fix support of scrobbling playlist position entries > 64k doesn't seem to work for those two having issues (though i've had it running fine all of the way through the 5.36/5.5 beta phase)

try with http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioSc...oScrobbler.dll and see if it's correctly detecting the start of playback via the config dialog status.

if that's not working then i've got a fun job to find a machine i can code on which exhibits the issue (will have to see what happens on one of my xp boxes in a bit). post back either way since something is weird if that's 3 cases of it not working (has to be something silly but i can't see what since things really haven't been messed with in winamp.exe bar the main thing of removing the win9x unicows layer support

-daz
Since I installed your updated audioscrobbler.dll file you suggested a few days ago all has been fine as long as I'm running a classic skin. As long as it's a classic skin it works fine but any modern skin and I get a cannot detect song for playback error or it just scrobbles the first song.

.:edit:.
I also noticed that the songs take longer to submit. I noticed before that no matter the what song as soon as it was detected it would submit in about 40 seconds but now it takes at least 120 seconds each time. Not sure if thats just how the site works now or its the plugin. Just thought I'd mention it.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion