Old 5th October 2007, 13:23   #121
xamphear

This is what happens when one company owns 80% of the portable music player market and has no serious competition at all. They have no external pressures to maintain a high quality product with engaging features. If there was a serious competitor we'd have wifi iPods with wireless syncing and trading of mp3s that cost $150 by now.
xamphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 18:46   #122
jmcbns

I grabbed the latest update and gave Photos on the iPod Classic a try. It's mostly there except two bugs.

1. Photos copied to the iPod show up properly in the menu as folders and the thumbnails show the correct image, but the image when viewed full screen or in the right panel has the colours all screwed up and some pixilation and other weird artifacts. I'd take some pictures for you but I'm at work presently. This is true for JPGs and BMPs, I haven't tried any other file formats yet.

2. When looking at a folder, the image thumbnails appear to get repeated more than once, but not a consistant amount and not all the photos. Some images show up in more than one folder. This doesn't change however, if test1.bmp is in the Test1 folder on my hard drive and appears 3 time in the Test1 folder and once in the Test2 folder on the iPod it will always show up in the same places in the same quantities.

EDIT: I deleted the contents of the Photos directory on my iPod and bug #2 went away when I re-synced. Not sure what happened there. END

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any files from me or a debuglog.

PS. There are two new fields in the MHNI header in the PhotoDB. I'm attaching a zip file with the diffs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip diffs.zip (851 Bytes, 170 views)

Last edited by jmcbns; 5th October 2007 at 19:03.
jmcbns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 19:09   #123
jmcbns

Not sure if this is a glitch since I've never used iTunes to upload photos. Is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal behaviour?

When I click on the thumbnail of an image it takes me to a screen I would assume should show me the image full frame, but instead what I get is a screen split to show 4 images, but 2 of these images are repeats.

So if a folder has images A, B and C and I click on A my screen will look like this:

A A
B B

Then if I scroll down one I see this:

B B
C C

Can anyone describe how Photos are supposed to work on the iPod Classic? Is this normal Apple being weird behaviour or another bug?
Old 5th October 2007, 20:48   #124
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Sounds really buggy, at least it's totally different to the behaviour on a 5.5G iPod.
The full screen color issue might just be a big/little endian thing again, we had this before. Can you actually see the image, wrong colored, or is it just 'random' pixels on the screen?

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 20:59   #125
jmcbns

I can see the images, it's just colour that's off.

The pixelation appears to be in areas of shading so that's probably just the previously closely neighboring colours are now no where near each other in the palette.

Also one more bug I missed at first but when scrolling through the full size photo view the last image it lists for a given folder is the first image of the next folder, and the last folder shows a black image as it's last image.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:27   #126
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Try 3.01p09, hope that fixes the colors.

ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Old 5th October 2007, 22:42   #127
jmcbns

No visible change with this update.

Deleted contents of photos folder before re-syncing and double checked the ml_ipod version in the About section of Preferences.
Old 6th October 2007, 07:36   #128
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Weird. Now I need someone with iTunes. Please remove all photos from the iPod, then upload exactly this one image to the classic or nano, and then zip the Ehole Photo folder and upload it to http://www.stashbox.org

The image:
http://stashbox.org/41348/colors.gif

Old 6th October 2007, 17:15   #129
logaen

good news guys! :-)
There's a new iPod Classic firmware!!!
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=278384

the coverflow problem seems to be fixed!
logaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 18:45   #130
Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Try 3.01p09, hope that fixes the colors.
Thanks for this great winamp plugin, without it I probably would have never bought my 3G nano.

I started testing you plugins with the patch #6 which i found perfectly transfered over 1000 songs to my ipod with the album art and numerous videos (there are no thumbnails for the videos but im not sure if there is supposed to be thumbnails because i never used itunes for it). I updated to the 8th patch and it works great too, the ninth one won't transfer the album art to my ipod and asks me what kind of ipod it is each time i plug it in. Also when i eject and unplug my ipod it still stays in the list and when i plug it back in it comes back in the list a second time but thats not important cause reopening winamp fixes it anyways.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 21:21   #131
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

This is very strange. No changes in that area, I think. After telling it once your iPod type, you should have a file X:\iPod_Control\Device\SysInfo on your iPod with one line in it, like "ModelNumStr: MXX01". Do you have that?

All this sounds very weird, and I can't reproduce it here.

Old 6th October 2007, 22:32   #132
bowmanWA

No problems with p09 here, but I can confirm that eject leaves the ipod visible in the ml tree (I think for all versions I've tried since the first patch). Not sure if this is new though, never used the eject feature in ml_ipod earlier.
bowmanWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 22:59   #133
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Winamp 5.35? Or the 5.5 beta?
It should be left visible in Windows explorer, but not in the ML of Winamp.

Old 6th October 2007, 23:40   #134
bowmanWA

5.5 beta. I right click on the ipod icon in the ml tree and select eject. The ipod is ejected successfully, but the ml_ipod view in media library is still selected and frozen showing "unloading ipod". Debug log contains:

EjectVolume()...
eject ok
--- iPod destructor running
NDE closing db
--- iPod removed: N:/iPod_Control/iTunes/
eject procedure finished
Old 6th October 2007, 23:44   #135
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Have you reordered the ML tree since you installed 5.5, by any chance? I'm pretty sure ml_iPod still has problems if the tree is reordered.

Windows 7 Beta
iPod touch (Second Generation), 8GB
Winamp 5.55 with ml_iPod 3.08
fatcerberus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 00:42   #136
bowmanWA

Well no, but I usually remove most of the other ml_ plugins and anything else I'd never use anyway (when installing). Presumably that means my tree contains a lot less than otherwise.
Old 7th October 2007, 01:13   #137
xamphear

I can confirm that after an eject, a ghost ipod entry remains in the devices list. If you connect it again, another ipod entry shows up. I've just been closing winamp between ipod connections.

I have both re-ordered and customized my ML tree, many times.
xamphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 01:30   #138
Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
This is very strange. No changes in that area, I think. After telling it once your iPod type, you should have a file X:\iPod_Control\Device\SysInfo on your iPod with one line in it, like "ModelNumStr: MXX01". Do you have that?

All this sounds very weird, and I can't reproduce it here.
I have the line ModelNumStr: MXX02. All the bugs that I mentioned before except that it stays in the tree after ejected seems to be fixed. I'm using winamp 5.5 build 1600. The only thing I can think of that may have caused the problem is that I also had mediamonkey and songbird open at the same time as well but that's not causing any problems now. For the album art problem with patch 9, I had transfered some songs with no album art and the songs worked but one of them had the album art from another one of my songs so I retransfered the song with it's real album art saved within the file and it came up on my ipod with no album art. I don't know if you're still interested in what was wrong with patch 9 still since it seems to be fixed in patch 10 and I can't recreate any of those glitches now.

edit: I also noticed some new things with the videos. I accedently transfered a wmv instead of a mp4 and unlike the mp4s, the wmv had album art on my ipod and the audio worked just not the video. Also I'm not sure if you added this or if this is winamp but I would name the files of of videos like this: TV Show - Episode name.extension and thats how it would display with the artist unknown, now the tv show is the artist and only the episode is the name.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 05:39   #139
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

If possible in any way, test with Winamp 5.35. 5.5 is still beta, buggy and incompatible. We'll have some work to do to make ml_ipod work smoothly with 5.5. So for now, we want to focus on the classic/nano issues.

Old 7th October 2007, 13:47   #140
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Thankfully 5.5 is still in beta, so it doesn't have to be a top priority just yet. Though I suspect it won't be long before it's released, considering we're already up to Beta 3...

Windows 7 Beta
Old 7th October 2007, 14:21   #141
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Yes, so we can start collecting issues now. But not in this thread, use this:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=278419

Old 9th October 2007, 15:12   #142
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

Looks like we better get our butts moving. Winamp 5.5 is coming out in less than a day according to the mainsite.

Windows 7 Beta
Old 9th October 2007, 15:19   #143
glop

i maybe have an answer

The first Nano..and the first ipod...this was the same : not Disk system
After sailing explode they "open" the system
Perhaps they will do the same and open it ...in 2 years ...
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 15:30   #144
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by fatcerberus1
Looks like we better get our butts moving. Winamp 5.5 is coming out in less than a day according to the mainsite.
No need to hurry 95% of ml_ipod works fine with 5.5.

Old 10th October 2007, 11:37   #145
Marten667

Great! Now I just need my iPod, which I ordered week ago...

PS: This line in the "ml_iPod FAQ" should perhaps be fixed:

"...It supports all kinds of iPods up to the 5.5G, from the classic first generation iPods, to the iPod mini, photo, video, nano and shuffle and everything in between. It does currently NOT support the iPod classic 80GB/160GB or the iPod touch or iPhone!!! ..."
Marten667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 13:51   #146
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Well, it's still true for the official version 3.01. Only the patched dev-builds work with the classic.

Old 10th October 2007, 19:48   #147
Stupifier
Major Dude

I updated the information on that wiki page to more accurately portray what is going on. I included what dev patch version starts the classic support.
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 17:35   #148
logaen

When I try do add some music using (drag&drop) with winamp 5.5 to my iPod classic ... nothing happens! :-(
Old 11th October 2007, 19:26   #149
fatcerberus1
Major Dude

What method of drag & drop? From inside Winamp, or from Explorer? I believe different code is used to handle each of the two cases... at least it seems that way, considering ml_iPod fills in missing metadata differently depending on where the drag came from (from Winamp -> title = filename; artist, album = "unknown"; from Explorer -> title = filename, other fields = empty).

Windows 7 Beta
Old 11th October 2007, 19:43   #150
logaen

Quote:
Originally posted by fatcerberus1
What method of drag & drop? From inside Winamp, or from Explorer? I believe different code is used to handle each of the two cases... at least it seems that way, considering ml_iPod fills in missing metadata differently depending on where the drag came from (from Winamp -> title = filename; artist, album = "unknown"; from Explorer -> title = filename, other fields = empty).
dragging from my desktop (1 or more song is the same) to the iPod icon in winamp media library. I see the "trafer window" shut down after 1 sec!
Old 11th October 2007, 21:00   #151
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Does it work with Winamp 5.35 for you?

Old 11th October 2007, 23:36   #152
logaen

Quote:
Originally posted by abu
Does it work with Winamp 5.35 for you?
sure!
Old 12th October 2007, 05:23   #153
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

I added it to he tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...28&atid=644704

Old 12th October 2007, 21:32   #154
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Please read http://mlipod.sourceforge.net/wiki/C...ndows_Explorer

I checked it, it works exactly as in WA 5.35!
Please test it before you say "sure". It's simply not very fair to waste my time with false bug reports like this.
It was never possible to drop on the iPod icon!

Old 18th October 2007, 14:09   #155
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by jmcbns
I can see the images, it's just colour that's off.

The pixelation appears to be in areas of shading so that's probably just the previously closely neighboring colours are now no where near each other in the palette.

Also one more bug I missed at first but when scrolling through the full size photo view the last image it lists for a given folder is the first image of the next folder, and the last folder shows a black image as it's last image.
All right, give 3.01p12 a try, please.

Old 18th October 2007, 20:06   #156
jmcbns

That's it Abu, you did it.

Photos now work exactly like they should in every way, from thumbnails to full screen to random ones in the right panel. Good work.
Old 19th October 2007, 06:05   #157
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Nice to hear. Unfortunately, Daniel was not so happy. Maybe you have some tips for him? see the other thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....93#post2256493

Old 25th October 2007, 12:23   #158
Marten667

Hey, I just got my new iPod Classic and everything works fine with ml_ipod! Thanks a lot!

But unfortunately I noticed a small bug, when I want to play the Music Quiz and there's something with listening to a song, I can't hear it, I just hear the sounds of the quiz. Is it just a problem that I have, or doesn't it work at you either?

PS: I didn't found a thread including this problem...
Old 25th October 2007, 12:36   #159
logaen

Quote:
Originally posted by Marten667
Hey, I just got my new iPod Classic and everything works fine with ml_ipod! Thanks a lot!

But unfortunately I noticed a small bug, when I want to play the Music Quiz and there's something with listening to a song, I can't hear it, I just hear the sounds of the quiz. Is it just a problem that I have, or doesn't it work at you either?

PS: I didn't found a thread including this problem...
I think that is your problem. For me MusicQuiz works great
Old 25th October 2007, 17:00   #160
Marten667

hmmm...that's bad, I just tried it again...but there is no music in this quiz except of the quizsounds.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion