Old 16th November 2007, 21:52   #1
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Questions..

Hey again.. I have a few questions here...

1. How is it going with 5.51? When you worked on earlier versions, you posted in threads that we should wait for 5.xxx which should not be that long before comming (or something like that). Since 5.5, I havent seen one single post about this.. Heh, Im just curious.. How is it going? 5.51 should be a "hotfix" for 5.5, so it should not be a very long time between those versions... Heh :P

2. I want to know how it goes with the Media Library issue I posted a long time ago.. And how about the songticker issue (shows "Winamp 5.5" instead of song (in Winamp Modern Skin only).

3. What about the song timer in Bento skin(s)? I posted a long time ago that I wanted some more space between the timer and the songticker, so that the songticker does NOT get pushed to the right side if number 100:00 appears... What do you think?

When you move the size-slider between the main window and the "info place", the main window gets bigger (if you drag it to the right side). When you do that, the volume slider and the mute button follows to the right side (if you understand me). What if the songticker did that too?
Look at screenshot attached. I think that the songticker should not scroll further than the yellow line number 1. So if you make the main window bigger, it follows to the right along with the volume slider. It should not scroll any further than that (if you understand what I am talking about). I think that would be great.
Or atleast change the space between the timer and the songticker, so it not get pushed

4. EDIT: I also want to say one more thing. I have suggested it before, and I want to say it the last time (hopefully :P) ->
In the Winamp Modern Skin, in winshade mode - The songticker is not "up to date". You need to add the ability to change scroller style, and make the pixels the same as in the Main Window (Cause I like that)..
In the Bento skin(s), this is correct. It is up to date. But you have forgot to update it in the Winamp Modern Skin.
And in Classic Skins, the songticker should scroll (in windowshade mode). Currently, it doesnt have the ability to scroll at all.
Heh.. :P

To the end I just want to say that keep up the good work. I`m looking forward to newer versions (dont get me wrong - 5.5 rocks, but some things needs to be fixed..)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp bento - songticker-overlap.jpg (15.7 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by Kn0tte; 16th November 2007 at 22:41.
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 23:23   #2
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Re: Questions..

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
Hey again.. I have a few questions here...

4. EDIT: I also want to say one more thing. I have suggested it before, and I want to say it the last time (hopefully :P) ->
In the Winamp Modern Skin, in winshade mode - The songticker is not "up to date". You need to add the ability to change scroller style, and make the pixels the same as in the Main Window (Cause I like that)..
In the Bento skin(s), this is correct. It is up to date. But you have forgot to update it in the Winamp Modern Skin.
And in Classic Skins, the songticker should scroll (in windowshade mode). Currently, it doesnt have the ability to scroll at all.
Heh.. :P

uh oh,
DrO goes evil if he read some more comment about the songticker

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 01:24   #3
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Re: Re: Questions..

Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo`
uh oh,
DrO goes evil if he read some more comment about the songticker
Ops.. I forgot that..
I hope he have a good day today then
But my suggestion there is about it in winshade mode, not in normal mode (it is perfect in normal mode now).. But not in winshade in Winamp Modern Skin :P
Heh..

/Kn0tte
Old 17th November 2007, 13:32   #4
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Old 17th November 2007, 14:56   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1. There's been plenty of ref's to 5.51 by me, DrO, Benski, Sawg, Ujay, JM and others. Do you read all threads?

It's getting there, but isn't there yet.
There is no ETA on 5.51 release yet.

2a. What Media Library issue?
2b. I still can't reproduce that problem, but if you remember, Benski said he could. Maybe he's already fixed it? I really aren't sure, to be honest, heh.

3. No, I don't think that is going to happen. Sorry.

4. Yeah, the Winamp Modern skin had been a bit neglected.
In 5.51, the WA Modern winshade songticker also has the classic ticker option, and also now has the rt-click options for the Album Art window, and maybe a few other 5.5-related updates.

The songticker in general has been tweaked/improved a bit, to the point where I think you particularly will be quite overjoyed ;-)

By the way, you/we also missed this bug with Winamp Modern songticker:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=281362
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 17:32   #6
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
1. There's been plenty of ref's to 5.51 by me, DrO, Benski, Sawg, Ujay, JM and others. Do you read all threads?

It's getting there, but isn't there yet.
There is no ETA on 5.51 release yet.

2a. What Media Library issue?
2b. I still can't reproduce that problem, but if you remember, Benski said he could. Maybe he's already fixed it? I really aren't sure, to be honest, heh.

3. No, I don't think that is going to happen. Sorry.

4. Yeah, the Winamp Modern skin had been a bit neglected.
In 5.51, the WA Modern winshade songticker also has the classic ticker option, and also now has the rt-click options for the Album Art window, and maybe a few other 5.5-related updates.

The songticker in general has been tweaked/improved a bit, to the point where I think you particularly will be quite overjoyed ;-)

By the way, you/we also missed this bug with Winamp Modern songticker:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=281362
Hmn, that sounds nice..
Do I hear something about pixels (as smooth as it was in 5.35, but making it so we can change it if we want too), or is it something about that speed thing I talked about a long time ago (more "free" setting)?
Can you give me a hint? Please? I cant wait.

What Media Library issue? Im talking about the ML window opens behind other windows (which Benski said he could reproduce). I hope that one will be fixed.

Heh, it seems that I have missed that other bug - Sorry

Still, one question left:
What about the songticker in winshade mode in CLASSIC SKINS? It is not scrolling.. That functionality should be added Also, the letters is big there (it is not big in main window).. It should be like the one in the main window..

As for the Bento thing.. Ok.. But even if I change the timer from "Time elapsed" to "Time remaining" (a - in front of the numbers), the text get pushed to the right..
Heh :P

Keep up the good work DEVs
Now im just hoping that it will not be so long before 5.51 will be released..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 17th November 2007 at 18:15.
Old 17th November 2007, 18:16   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1. Pixels, heh.

2. Oh, that ML issue! Hmm, no idea :-D
I still can't repro it, but maybe that's already been fixed too? Lord knows.

3. There is no songticker in classic winshade.
I assume you're talking about the playlist winshade?
Old 17th November 2007, 18:23   #8
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
1. Pixels, heh.

2. Oh, that ML issue! Hmm, no idea :-D
I still can't repro it, but maybe that's already been fixed too? Lord knows.

3. There is no songticker in classic winshade.
I assume you're talking about the playlist winshade?
1. Ok, thanks.. That is good. Is the pixels changed to how it was in 5.35? Nice.. Do we get an option to change it too?
You are right - I will get overjoyed
When you fix that pixel thing, you dont need to do that speed thing either.. Cool isnt it? -> "Sometimes, it is best to do the easiest thing"

2. Yep, that ML issue.. Lets hope it is fixed then.. Or, can you get Benski over to this thread for 2 minutes? :P

3. Yeah, im talking about the playlist winshade.. Im talking about the songtext there.. It should be a songticker (scrolling), like it is in Modern..

Keep up the good work I have a feeling that WA 5.51 will rock like hell if the ML issue and songticker issue (showing "WA 5.5" instead of song text) will be fixed.
I cant wait :-D

EDIT: Can you talk with the creator of the Bento skin(s) to give the timer "a little bit more space"? Just make it so number -100:00 can appear without making the songticker text to get pushed..
Old 17th November 2007, 19:07   #9
TheUniqueTiger

@ Kn0tte,
You can edit the xml file in the Winamp/Skins/Bento/xml directory...
open player-normal-group.xml, find the line
code:
<text id="SongTime"
x="10" y="6" h="27" w="99"
font="player.bitmapfont.nums" timecolonwidth="6"
display="time" align="left" alpha="220"
/>

Change the x="10" attribute to x="20". Refresh Winamp by focussing on Winamp and pressing F5. That should do it... When you install a new version over this, this file will be overwritten so make a backup.

EDIT: I now realized that you may also need to edit the w="99" attribute which stands for width of the Song-time display.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
TheUniqueTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 20:51   #10
Kn0tte
Major Dude

DJ Egg - I found a very annoying bug right now (it is NOT about the songticker)..

Look in this thread..
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....86#post2272286
Old 17th November 2007, 21:32   #11
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
@ Kn0tte,
You can edit the xml file in the Winamp/Skins/Bento/xml directory...
open player-normal-group.xml, find the line
code:
<text id="SongTime"
x="10" y="6" h="27" w="99"
font="player.bitmapfont.nums" timecolonwidth="6"
display="time" align="left" alpha="220"
/>

Change the x="10" attribute to x="20". Refresh Winamp by focussing on Winamp and pressing F5. That should do it... When you install a new version over this, this file will be overwritten so make a backup.

EDIT: I now realized that you may also need to edit the w="99" attribute which stands for width of the Song-time display.
I tried that, but that is not actually what I want...
I tried to change the numbers as you said, and when I did that I got more space on the left side of the timer. But that is not what I want..
I want more space between the timer on the right side, and the songticker.. More space between them.
And that has to be enough space so number 100:00 (maybe with - also) can appear without pushing the text..

Heh :P
Old 18th November 2007, 07:33   #12
TheUniqueTiger

But that also does the work you want it to... Though it frees up space to the left it makes the numbers stay in its place without shifting to the right in case of three-four-digit numbers. I couldn't find any solution in the xml file as the song time and songticker are kind of stuck to each other.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
TheUniqueTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:28   #13
Kn0tte
Major Dude

1. DJ Egg - One last question about the pixel thing.. Will it be like it was in 5.35 (very smooth)? I hope so, cause that was the best.. It was easy to read - I loved it...
And this is done for both Winamp Modern Skin and Bento skin (+ in winshade mode) right? And in both scroller/ticker styles? Hehe :P

2. Have you talked with Benski about the ML issue and the songticker issue? =)

3. TheUniqueTiger: If I make more space on the left side of the timer, it doesnt help.. If I set the timer to "Time remaining", the minus (-) will appear, and the numbers still get pushed..
But, in Classic skins, this does not happen..

So, DEVs and the Bento creator.. Look at it. What do you think? Is it possible to make more space between the timer and the songticker? That is the best solution I think.
If not, you may also look at how it is done in Classic Skins. I dont know..

Last edited by Kn0tte; 19th November 2007 at 00:02.
Old 19th November 2007, 19:36   #14
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Old 19th November 2007, 19:47   #15
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1. Yes. Wait and see.

2. No. Have you?