Old 29th March 2008, 12:29   #41
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
AutoPlay Issue

Hi DJ Egg,

As i wrote earlier the Autoplay issue with Audio CDs is NOT fixed in this version.

This means: If i activate "Launch Winamp for audio CDs", i have 2 entries in my Autoplay window, when inserting Audio Disc: Play with Winamp in english and german (since i have german XP SP2)...

Disabling this clickbox i have only one english entry, which i can improve to german by searching WinampPlayMediaOnArrival key...

Uninstalling Winamp removes all entries on Autoplay of course...

I installed Winamp in german language.

Now the only solution seems to be: disable the clickbox for launching Winamp with Audio CDs. If you want: search the key above and improve the discription...

Olexijl
Old 29th March 2008, 17:16   #42
Serpher

Unfortunately those "dashes" after pressing "OK" button in ID3 tag editor are still unfixed (even if I not edited anything the "dashes" still are)

In 5.22 there wasn't that problem...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
What dashes? What do you mean? Full details please :-)

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 29th March 2008, 18:10   #43
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

OlexijL:

I'm seeing your issue too, unchecking "Use Winamp for Audio CDs" in Prefs -> File Types removes the English entry.

Need to check, if it's a translation issue or a bug in Winamp.

Old 30th March 2008, 05:36   #44
Serpher

@DJ Egg
"Dashes", "glitches" name it as you want. I've mentioned it previously in beta topic.

You said that files must be overwrited when Winamps updating the tag info. In 5.22 version there wasn't this problem that when updating the few seconds of the song are repeated.
On the long way is annoying...

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 30th March 2008, 06:27   #45
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Serpher
I've mentioned it previously in beta topic.
Maybe you could provide a link to your previous post.
Old 30th March 2008, 06:53   #46
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

It's in the 5.53 Beta thread
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....99#post2322299
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....31#post2322431

But we couldn't reproduce the problem....
Old 30th March 2008, 11:02   #47
Serpher

Then how it done itself?

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 30th March 2008, 12:05   #48
Disasterpiece

So what's new in Bento? :P

ECS nForce3-A | AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2000 | 1GB DDR400 A-Data | WD Caviar Black 500GB | ATi Radeon 9550 128MB/128bit | Yamaha YMF724F-V & Sennheiser HD-555 | Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
Old 30th March 2008, 13:48   #49
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Logy
where i can get that superb plugins. it is in your website.... i'm wondering why in instaler you can get a glimpse view of skin lookalike, but not the preferences in section skins itself....
logy: the plugin is something i've been messing around with since 2004 when i was doing some research towards another plugin. the preview of the classic skin is a fully working implementation of my classic skin drawing engine so that all mouse actions on the window will react (so you can see button down actions, etc).

as such it has nothing to do with the installer which requires the skin creators to place a preview image into the skin (which modern skins did but for classic skins it's a new thing since 5.5 but isn't really part of the official specs).

and since it's not a finished plugin it's not on my site and until/if i ever get it working to support language packs and a few other things it will never publically appear (only myself and koopatrooper have copies of the plugin dll as koopa has been the main help with testing of the plugin primarily with the additional search features, etc)

Quote:
Originally posted by Logy
i thinks you, (dro) you should make this plugins for skin get official into winamp... and the history tell you (DrO) that many of you plugins get official to in winamp!!
you can keep my support to see this plugins get ready.... to prime time!!!
adios!!!!
er, i've only ever had one plugin get into the winamp distribution (which at times i regret due to the issues it has caused me). the problem now comes down to having little time for winamp - my real job has to come first and working on something which gives no real return especially after a 12hr working day just doesn't appeal now. maybe one day i'll release the plugin, we shall see...

-daz
Old 30th March 2008, 16:50   #50
jph6t
Major Dude

Add handling for long Album titles when using 'detailed' pane option in ML Album Pane

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
Wow... I made a catchphrase that actually got caught!
And in the same vain ..

I spotted one other nit-picky thing. I thought this more an expansion of existing functionality to new parts of Winamp, rather than a bug, so I just went ahead
and instead logged the details in the Wishlist forum.
Old 30th March 2008, 18:33   #51
OlexijL

Autoplay Issue temporary fix...

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
OlexijL:

I'm seeing your issue too, unchecking "Use Winamp for Audio CDs" in Prefs -> File Types removes the English entry.

Need to check, if it's a translation issue or a bug in Winamp.

[Image]
On my system disabling that clickbox removes GERMAN, not ENGLISH entry. This is why i have to improve the needed discription via registry editing.

Now, as a temporary fix disable that clickbox.

1. Disable "Launch Winamp for audio CDs" ...
2. Open notepad and copy this information from this post inside:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\WinampPlayMediaOnArrival]
"Action"="Audio-CD wiedergeben"
"DefaultIcon"="C:\\Programme\\Winamp\\winamp.exe,0"
"InvokeProgid"="Winamp.File"
"InvokeVerb"="Play"
"Provider"="Winamp"

If you use another language than german or english, improve the value "Action"...

On non-german systems please improve the "DefaultIcon" value...

3. Save it as a reg file and import into registry.
4. Now you have the correct discription on Autoplay.

In the older version 5.35 it is fixed.
Old 30th March 2008, 18:42   #52
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Strange, unchecking the option in Prefs -> File Types removes the English entry for me.

At a guess:

Installer creates on entry, the option in Winamp creates another entry.

As result, we see 2 entries. I'll check, if I can repro this with older versions too.

Doubtful, that this is an translation issue, 'cause I can see this in other language files too + I havn't touched the translation code for this since 5.35.

Probably an installer issue.
Old 30th March 2008, 19:56   #53
Roeark

Crashing at start of playback

Has anyone had a problem with starting playback and within the 1st fer second the program crashes? I can't get anything to play at all. I'm on Windows XP Pro.
Old 30th March 2008, 20:19   #54
OlexijL

Problem:
Checkbox disabled:

Olexijl
Old 30th March 2008, 21:06   #55
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Koopatrooper / OlexijL

Yes, the installer creates the "Play" registry value

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers
WinampPlayMediaOnArrival -> Action = Play

However, this reg string is created along with in_mp3 installation, and is used for Autoplay of all supported CD Formats (Audio CD, MP3 CD, Video CD).

The Winamp -> Prefs -> File Types option adds:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AudioCD\shell\play\command

Is it really such a big issue?
Surely everyone knows what 'Play' means?

@Roeark

No. Try the Tech Support forum. See here and here first.
Old 30th March 2008, 21:18   #56
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Egg:

It's no problem, that there is an entry called "Play", I just wondered, why there are now 2 entries for playing audio-cds. But now we've got our awnser.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:03   #57
Alborz777

Thanks guys for new release

Very nifty
Old 31st March 2008, 17:51   #58
cinderx

Great release but I noticed a change in behavior and I'm not sure if there's an option to revert things to the old behaviour. I normally keep Winamp and the playlist editor always on top in Windowshade mode along the top of my screen and only display it's icon in the System Tray and not on the Taskbar. Doing this in Winamp 5.53 now causes both the playlist editor and the main window to show up in the Alt+Tab list. Is there any way to keep it from showing up in the Alt+Tab list without resorting to external programs? I searched through the options backwards and forwards and couldn't find anything.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:08   #59
jph6t
Major Dude

ALT + TAB

Quote:
Originally posted by cinderx
and only display it's icon in the System Tray and not on the Taskbar. Doing this in Winamp 5.53 now causes both the playlist editor and the main window to show up in the Alt+Tab list.
A related thread on Winamp's inclusion in the ALT+TAB list.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:16   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp 5.531 has just been released.

5.531 is essentially an update patch for the known/reproduced issues reported with 5.53 (see 'whatsnew' for details).

The build # is 1938 (5.5.3.1938)

The installer filenames are the same as 5.53, and the main pages on the winamp.com website will still say that the current version is 5.53, although the download links are obviously for 5.531

The first post in the thread has been updated accordingly.

Undocumented:

Includes: French, German, Polish, Russian & Spanish lang pack updates
Old 1st April 2008, 21:58   #61
osmosis
Major Dude

hmm maybe I'm just noticing this now, but did the fix for the way the playlist loads multiple files selected in the Add Files dialogue change? (I don't know if I can explain it very clearly so, eg. In a directory of numbered files with 01, 02, 03, 04 selected in that order, i'm getting 04, 01, 02, 03 in the playlist.)

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:48   #62
Moguta

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
hmm maybe I'm just noticing this now, but did the fix for the way the playlist loads multiple files selected in the Add Files dialogue change? (I don't know if I can explain it very clearly so, eg. In a directory of numbered files with 01, 02, 03, 04 selected in that order, i'm getting 04, 01, 02, 03 in the playlist.)
That's a Windows flaw, and happens if you select from file 01 to file 04, because 04 is then the currently selected file. If you select them from 04 to 01, then this order problem will not occur.

EDIT: Wait, "the fix"? Does this mean that WinAmp had/has code to reverse this Windows behavior?

Magnatune - A role model for ALL digital music stores!
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:33   #63
hashonboat

I am having the same issue as Steve Darken. I did a complete clean install & spent the last week trying different things with no luck.
To be more specific....When i open the media library and click on "audio" winamp crashes with the following:

Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.3.1938, time stamp 0x47f283f8, faulting module gen_ml.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x47f28350, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001a380, process id 0x13d8, application start time 0x01c89449d3896720.

===========================================================

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-04-01T22:45:14.000Z

EventRecordID 3256

Channel Application

Computer Hashonboat

Security

- EventData

winamp.exe
47f283f8
gen_ml.dll
47f28350
c0000005
0001a380
13d8
01c89449d3896720

I finally decided to install 5.52 right over the existing installation and all is well.
I've attached my plugins list ( i made the list with 5.52 installed but changed nothing from 5 minutes ago when 5.531 was installed)
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (6.3 KB, 451 views)
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:59   #64
CannibalBob

Send a message via ICQ to CannibalBob Send a message via AIM to CannibalBob Send a message via Yahoo to CannibalBob
I downloaded and installed Winamp 5.53 (just a few minutes ago) and it would crash whenever I tried to play a .IT file I have. I reverted to 5.52 and it works fine now. Was wondering if anyone else had problems like this.
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:12   #65
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Moguta
EDIT: Wait, "the fix"? Does this mean that WinAmp had/has code to reverse this Windows behavior?
Yeah! I didn't have this problem for the longest while but I'm not sure if it was something Winamp had in its code itself to correct it, or if it was a little tweak that one of DrO's plugins added and maybe one of those was malfunctioning.. but I dug through all the Winamp and Plugin settings and couldn't find anything, so I'm posting here about it to see if maybe it was a bug.
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:32   #66
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Moguta & Osmosis

Yes. That's a Windows thing. If you're using right-click -> Play/Enqueue in Winamp, then the file you right-clicked will be sent to the app first. So make sure you right-click Track 1. I can't reproduce the problem when using the 'Open' button in the Add/Open Files dialog.

@hashonboat

Remove the following 3rd-party plugins/skins:

gen_activewa.dll, dsp_dfx.dll, clearone.wal

Report the problem to the author of whichever of the 3 is responsisble.

@CannibalBob

All of my many tracker/module files (.it, .mod, .xm, .s3m, etc) are playing perfectly ok. No problems or crashes here. Again, I suspect 3rd-party plugins to blame...
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:40   #67
mindspaceindia

The improved Media Library background scan in v5.53 works brilliantly.
30gb rescanned in 1 min 15 seconds.
Life with Winamp really is beautiful.

[edit] I'm having trouble with Alt+Z toggle for Leo's Lyrics though. It displays fine but Alt+Z to hide it crashes Winamp. Is it just me or someone else having the same problem?
Old 2nd April 2008, 05:39   #68
jph6t
Major Dude

Winamp v5.531

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Winamp 5.531 Released

* Fixed: [ml_local] Right-click Play/Enqueue all items issue in 3-pane views
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Broken right-click context menu items (5.53-specific)
"Issue #2" is:

When I highlight a song (or songs) and use the Enqueue selection hotkey of
Shift+Enter the highlighted songs are enqueued TWICE (two entries) in the Playlist.
Not once as expected.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:29   #69
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Aww man! I must've somehow missed that report first time around,
either that or not understood it properly...

Yeah, it's totally borked.

I've got 'Enqueues selected items' selected in:
Prefs -> Media Library -> Library Options tab
The other two (Play all) settings are unchecked.

When I hit 'Enter' on selected items in ML Playlists,
it's clearing the Playlist,
adding the selected item(s) twice
and starts playing the first entry.

Expected behaviour would be to add each selected item once to the end of the current playlist.

For 'Shift+Enter' I see it add the selected items once, then it wipes the playlist and starts playing the newly added items. Though maybe this is expected behaviour for when 'Enqueues selected items' is the default setting... I aren't rightly sure.

When "Plays selected items" is selected in Prefs,
'Enter' works as expected
(playlist is cleared, items are added once only, and the first one starts playing)

'Shift+Enter' however adds the selected items twice, as in your report.

Doh!

Alas, I think you're gonna have to wait for 5.54 (or whatever comes next) for the fix. Unless we can put a patched ml_playlists.dll up here before then....?

For now, the safest bet is to just use the right-click menu instead...
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:41   #70
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: "Issue 2"

Quote:
Alas, I think you're gonna have to wait for 5.54
(or whatever comes next) for the fix.
Unless we can put a patched ml_playlists.dll up here before then....?

For now, the safest bet is to just use the right-click menu instead...
Kn0tte a problem DJ Egg, I can wait. Thanks for confirming.

Also looks like you expanded upon the issue, discovering other related quirks
based on what options are selected in the preferences for the ML Library Options.

Agreed, that some thought/decisions need to be made around what the expected behavior should be ... I'm not sure either. Maybe whenever "Issue 2" gets looked it,
it would be a logical time to also look at the inconsistencies that were
partly* documented a while back here.

* I'll try to do some more testing around this first chance I get.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:22   #71
bodegos

Data CD support

3 years since I purchased a license for winamp and it's been, hands down, the greatest money I've every spent.

Thanks for listening to your customers and giving us Data CD support
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:41   #72
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Old 3rd April 2008, 00:33   #73
Steve Darken

Quote:
Originally posted by hashonboat
[B]I am having the same issue as Steve Darken. I did a complete clean install & spent the last week trying different things with no luck.
To be more specific....When i open the media library and click on "audio" winamp crashes with the following:

Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.3.1938, time stamp 0x47f283f8, faulting module gen_ml.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x47f28350, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001a380, process id 0x13d8, application start time 0x01c89449d3896720.
Stardock WindowBlinds installed?

I found the problem: Stardock WindowBlinds and Winamp 5.53 (5.531) = crash. Excluding Winamp under WindowBlinds config panel, all works fine with Winamp.

Edit: This conflict affects only Windows Vista. Unable to reproduce this problem with Windows XP and Winamp 5.53x

Last edited by Steve Darken; 3rd April 2008 at 02:03.
Old 3rd April 2008, 02:33   #74
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

We were supposed to have struck some kind of a deal with Stardock a few years back that ensured Winamp was always in the WindowsBlinds default exclusion list.
Did you/they remove it, or something?

You can't skin something that's already skinned...
Old 3rd April 2008, 02:41   #75
Steve Darken

Quote:
Did you/they remove it, or something?
Default installation of WindowBlinds and Winamp is not listed under Exclusion list. This problem exist since Winamp 5.53. Unable to reproduce this problem with Winamp 5.52 (and older builds). Tested this temp solution (2 computers under Windows Vista):

1. Open WindowBlinds config panel
2. Settings > Change the look of an app > Add per application setting
3. Ignore this application and do not skin it
4. Ok

Now, no more crash with Winamp under Windows Vista.

I have submited a ticket at Stardock support > Ticket ID: LEZ-845190.
Old 3rd April 2008, 02:52   #76
hashonboat

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Darken

I found the problem: Stardock WindowBlinds and Winamp 5.53 (5.531) = crash. Excluding Winamp under WindowBlinds config panel, all works fine with Winamp.

Edit: This conflict affects only Windows Vista. Unable to reproduce this problem with Windows XP and Winamp 5.53x
Sure enough! Yes that was it. I excluded winamp from being skinned by Windowblinds & 'voila.
Good work Steve Darken. How the heck did you figure that out?
Old 3rd April 2008, 03:06   #77
Steve Darken

@hashonboat: Many tests...
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:02   #78
Serpher

And my issue is not fixed

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 3rd April 2008, 22:02   #79
Vilius

Quote:

The problem with installing skins is a Vista-specific 'permissions' issue.

Try right-clicking the download link, select 'save target/link as', and save the WLZ or WAL file to the Winamp\Skins folder, then select it from the Skins menu in Winamp.

Two other known workarounds are here and here.
I still consider this a bug, because it worked in 5.52 and now it don't in 5.531.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:51   #80
Alpha2k6

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Darken

Im running Vista Ultimate 64-bit no crashes here.. using ObjectDesktop with latest WindowsBlinds 6.09g beta, are you using an earlier version ?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion