in_mod.dll problems with playing

Winamp 5.57 updated from 5.56
Winamp Language Pack: English
Skin: Winamp Classic
Specs: Intel, Intel C2D, 2GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce 7300 GT
Sound Card: OnBoard - SigmaTel HD audio codec
DirectX: 9.0c
Plugin: Nullsoft Module Decoder (in_mod.dll, 2.7)

Problem: any .xm .mod file that is played by Winamp sounds incorectly. After reverting to any older version of plugin Winamps plays mod files corectly.

Old 17th December 2009, 22:53   #82
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@AmpliDude

Thanks for the report

Please let me know if the 2.8 version of in_mod.dll in the attachment fixes the problem

(unzip to %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins folder, overwriting in_mod.dll v2.7)
Old 18th December 2009, 03:21   #83
techweenie

Send a message via AIM to techweenie Send a message via Yahoo to techweenie
Please disregard this post, the post directly above it fixes the problem. I used the wrong search box.
Old 18th December 2009, 03:26   #84
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

techweenie:

Are you really using the updated Winamp version or the Update Patch?

The bug was fixed and usually you should have Nullsoft Modul Decoder v2.8 installed.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:32   #85
AmpliDude

@DJ Egg

Thx for the update, everything works now.

Old 18th December 2009, 08:55   #86
tzukumori

Mod DLL 2.8 fixes playback, but files still load slowly and can crash player.

@DJ Egg:

Thanks for the updated MOD_DLL v.2.8. It fixed the playback problems that I also experienced with S3M, MOD & XM files. However, the metadata for certain file types tends to load very slowly (when viewed in the playlist editor) and may cause the player to crash:

.XM (Fasttracker 2 Module) loads slowly, causes player to jam while queuing multiple files, ultimately crashing;

.IT (Impulsetracker Module) loads slightly faster than the .XM;

.MOD (Protracker Module) loads really fast, no problems;

.S3M (Screamtracker 3 Module) loads really fast, no problems.

The current workaround to is to add no more than four (4x) .XM or .IT files at each time.

Old 18th December 2009, 16:07   #87
bartman1

Nullsoft Tray Control v2.2 [gen_tray.dll] compact mode not working on 32bit xp

Nullsoft Tray Control v2.2 [gen_tray.dll] compact mode not working on 32 bit spanish windows xp sp3

Not working on Winamp 5.57 (x86) Dec 17 2009

Working on Winamp 5.56 (x86) Jul 1 2009 (2.1a)

f*** I uninstalled winamp to check this s**** and lost all my f******* config

[edit > JM] Resolved with WA 5.571
Old 18th December 2009, 16:15   #88
bartman1

fucking shit I lost my playlists too, all time that uninnstall made me loose, I would dedicate it to create a working fucking Tray Control, fucking bastards
Old 18th December 2009, 22:17   #89
JonnyMac

Calm down. If you uninstall an application, it is natural that application data will be uninstalled also.

Anyways, Tray Control issue reproduced...
Winamp 5.57 (build 2792) | US English installer
Tested on clean install
Tray Control icon pack: default/none

Locale: English US
CPU: Pentium 4 2.0GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce MX 420 (nView disabled)
Sound: SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (Analog Devices, Inc.)
DirectX v9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Old 19th December 2009, 18:51   #90
bitbybit

Winamp 5.57 (present in earlier versions as well)
Skin: all
Plugin: pmp_usb.dll (? - whatever affects/controls syncing to portables I'd imagine)

Believed to be same issue as langdon reported earlier in the thread here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....89#post2494889

Bug: Winamp sync to portable players fails to sync properly when id3 tags (filenames?) containing certain characters are used. It's not limited however to the "bad" files from what I can tell, instead corrupting almost the entire sync process; files that already exist in both the source and destination are viewed as not in sync (bi-directionally) and overwritten if sync is carried out. Problem reoccurs every time a subsequent sync is performed after the initial sync.

I've tried removing any music files/folders, winamp_cache* and pmp_usb.ini files on the portable side, and doing a fresh reinstall of Winamp (uninstalled Winamp, removed application directory as well as %appdata%/Winamp, reinstall Winamp), none of which seems to remedy the problem after the initial sync.

Does not seem to matter if I'm asking Winamp to create directories based on tags or just dump files into one pre-existing directory on the destination device. Have tried syncing using either a specific playlist or "rating > 3" type logic.

This issue has been reported in various forms before. Is anything being done to attempt to solve this problem of specific/special characters causing these problems w/synchronization?

Other posts addressing similar issue:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2484008
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2533033

Thanks!
Old 20th December 2009, 21:38   #91
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by bartman1
fucking shit I lost my playlists too, all time that uninnstall made me loose, I would dedicate it to create a working fucking Tray Control, fucking bastards
this has now been tracked down and was unfortunately something we didn't catch (having a define change in the platform sdk wasn't something we'd have expected) but this will be fixed for the next full release. and in all honesty, i'm more surprised to see someone using the compact mode as i've barely heard of anyone using that after i implemented it ~2yrs ago.

-daz

[edit > JM] Tray Control compact mode issue resolved with WA 5.571
Old 21st December 2009, 22:53   #92
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Oh I am using it also... remember my screenshots, I told you about the bug with the >60min times displaying as 00min which you thankfully fixed quickly
(http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/120/time.png)

I find it's the mose useful and space saving mode. I even made my own "light-on-dark" skin suitable for the black Windows themes such as the Zune theme I am using.

I am also happy to see the compact mode is fixed again in 5.571 - although I skipped 5.57 (partly because of that issue!). Now I'm going to test 5.571!

Best regards!
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:36   #93
madmouse

Bug Report

Winamp 5.571 (5.5.7.2810) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)

Winamp Language Pack: Default English
Skin: Big Bento (Only tested in this skin)
Windows OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3, Spanish locale.
System specs: Asus A7N8X, AMD Sempron 2400+, 512mb DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce 4MX (ForceWare Drivers v81.98)
Integrated Sound (nForce Chipset)
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Plugin causing the bug: gen_jumpex.dll (Jump To File Extra)

Description and steps to reproduce:

An empty, buggy jump to file window pops-up at Winamp start if Winamp was closed while minimized the last time. This can also cause a crash at random sometimes.

To reproduce, simply minimize Winamp, close it and start it again. Note that you might need to activate the tray icon to close Winamp minimized or else it might maximize again before closing if you try to do it from the taskbar.

This behavior was not there on 5.56, it was introduced in 5.57 and continues to happen in 5.571, renaming gen_jumpex.dll to something else is a workaround and confirms its a bug in the plugin itself.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:49   #94
DrO

Re: Bug Report

Quote:
Originally posted by madmouse
To reproduce, simply minimize Winamp, close it and start it again. Note that you might need to activate the tray icon to close Winamp minimized or else it might maximize again before closing if you try to do it from the taskbar.
thanks, that is just the information needed and makes sense with recent changes to the plugin's code in the last few weeks. will look to get an updated version of the plugin done later tonight.

-daz
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:05   #95
DrJackson

I performed a clean install of the latest version due to issues I described in another thread. I'm rebuilding the Media Library now; however, I already lost 2 hours as it ended with a crash - most likely due to in_mod.dll.
When scanning files, the following error pops up occasionally:
Module Plug-in Error
Out of memory! Please check the logfile for more information.
As far as I was able to figure it out, this happens when scan reaches the folders containing .mod files (but not on all files).

It went through with clicking OK for a couple of times, but Winamp eventually crashed (or simply: disappeared), so all the scanning was in vain.

BTW -- where is that logfile the dialog box is talking about?

(WinXP SP3, 1.25 GB RAM)
Old 28th December 2009, 05:41   #96
Cadex

Winamp Lite 5.571
Plugin: WaveOut Output v2.12 (d) [out_wave.dll]

The out_wave.dll plugin is missing from Winamp Lite 5.571. Did a clean install and double checked by looking inside the installer .exe archive. I didn't check the Standard/Pro versions.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hmm, so it isn't. I'm not sure why/when that decision was made,
so I'll need to make further enquiries first before fixing/changing it.

@MrSinatra
Yes, it's in Full, but currently not in Lite.

Old 28th December 2009, 08:00   #97
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
didn't do a clean install, but i seem to have it on a full/vista install.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 28th December 2009, 17:37   #98
Cadex

@DJ Egg

Thanks. Maybe it was removed intentionally, but it was present in 5.31 Lite (the version from which I upgraded). I first noticed it was missing because the Output Plug-ins list in the Preferences displayed its description as "Error loading string" and it would not load.

Found a similar problem here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2349747

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Okay, we'll add out_wave back to the Lite installer for the next release,
though I'm not sure why we still include it in any of the installers at all, tbh...

Old 29th December 2009, 20:24   #99
Michgelsen
Major Dude

Modern skin (re)drawing issues

Specs
Winamp 5.571
No third-party plugins, but a few third-party skins.
Language pack: Default English
Skins tested: Studiosus, Rectangular. Wanted to try with Modern Skin beatvis thingie, but didn't remember how to change the default vis into that.

Locale: Dutch
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon 9000 AGP Pro (ALL-IN-WONDER 9000)
Sound: M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
DirectX 9.0c

Problem (gen_ff I assume)
I updated to 5.571 today, after I saw this in the changelog:
* Improved: VU meter (beat vis) optimizations

Now, I have the idea that that has to do with an issue I am encountering in modern skins of mine that use a scripted VU meter. That means not the standard <vis/> object, which appears to be unaffected.
Anyway, the problem is that when doing something with a VU meter or a button near it, its own or an adjacent window gets a solid rectangular chunk of 'color' over it. When you move the mouse off and again over the window, it disappears. It's a bit hard to explain.

I just noticed that the fading notifier causes it too, over the buttons on the bottom of the playlist editor. The fading notifier of the Winamp Modern skin does not cause it over its playlist editor. Furthermore, opening then closing of the EQ (of the Studiosus skin) causes it as well to the main window.
It's nothing to serious because there's no crashing etc. involved and it goes away when you move the cursor over it, but it is definitely ugly and it is new. See attached screenshot.

Skins: downloadable via my signature, but they're not the version I use because I gave up updating them on the main website. These two links point to the most up to date versions (little has changed though):
http://tmichgelsen.ruhosting.nl/thomas/Rectangular.wal
http://tmichgelsen.ruhosting.nl/thomas/Studiosus.wal

I hope this is enough information.

Edit: On second thought, could the heavy use of <rect/> objects (instead of images) have anything to do with this? Rectangular and Studiosus both make heavy use of them, while AudioRack (see sig) does not show the problem but does have a scripted VU. The main window of Rectangular is severely 'wounded' by this issue, as a solid colored box continuously flashes over the bitrate indicator.

Last edited by Michgelsen; 29th December 2009 at 20:42.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:33   #100
mike87

in_wm.dll

Version 3.4 of the in_wm.dll, Windows Media (WMA/ASX) plugin, causes Winamp 5.571 to crash on launch on 32-bit Vista installs. Removing it from the Plugin directory facilitates successful Winamp launch, but you will not be able to play WMA & ASX streams. Any chance that Winamp could notify people when when a new version of in_wm.dll is available? Could just post here and subscribers would get an email.
Old 1st January 2010, 04:07   #101
MrSinatra
Forum King

Re: in_wm.dll

Quote:
Originally posted by mike87
Version 3.4 of the in_wm.dll, Windows Media (WMA/ASX) plugin, causes Winamp 5.571 to crash on launch on 32-bit Vista installs. Removing it from the Plugin directory facilitates successful Winamp launch, but you will not be able to play WMA & ASX streams. Any chance that Winamp could notify people when when a new version of in_wm.dll is available? Could just post here and subscribers would get an email.
it didn't do that to me. (32bit vista like you)

--
Old 1st January 2010, 04:50   #102
mike87

As stated above, it's likely to be a memory alloc() failure that is assumed good. I typically run my machine close to maxed out.
Old 1st January 2010, 16:34   #103
stalepie

When I try loading .it files Winamp crashes.

I'm using XP SP3, Pentium M (Thinkpad T41)...

i'll try older version of winamp

Old 2nd January 2010, 03:26   #104
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by stalepie
When I try loading .it files Winamp crashes.

I'm using XP SP3, Pentium M (Thinkpad T41)...

i'll try older version of winamp
Hmmm...
Even with the 2.82 version of in_mod.dll
as linked to in the first post of this thread?
Old 2nd January 2010, 08:54   #105
vstg005

Now Playing Taskbar Title Truncated

Winamp 5.571 (5.5.7.2810) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 EN-US

Clicking on Now Playing in media library (any skin) or artist/song/album title in Bento file info causes Taskbar Title to be Truncated.

Before click:
After click:
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:39   #106
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, winamp5571_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

glitches in the gen_ff plugin (I think)

steps:
1. either install winamp without any vis plugins, or just move/remove the existing plugins\vis*.dll files (close winamp first)
2. be sure to use the winamp modern skin
3. by default, the video & vis windows are attached to the main window; click the "Open Video and Visualization" button to open the attached vis/video window
4. if required, click the Switch to Video button
5. click Detach Video, the video window detaches and the main window retracts
6. again click the "Open Video and Visualization"; the attached Visualizer window opens
7. click Detach Visualizer -> glitch #1: the Vizualizer window does not detach, the "Open/Close Video and Visualization" button disappears with a mark in it's place
8. to fix this situation, right click to access the Winamp menu -> Options -> Winamp Modern -> deselect Detach Vis Window; the "Close Video and Visualization" button reapers; at the same level with that button, there are 2 buttons: Switch to Visualizer button (glitch #2, it disappears if you click it) and Detach Visualizer (you can repeat the situation if you click it again)
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:27   #107
mhanor

"it's your choice to make the attached visualizer window active on not"
I meant to say "opened or not", not "active on not"
Old 9th January 2010, 23:04   #108
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, winamp5571_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

winamp crashes in gen_ff

1. select the winamp classic skin, close winamp
2. start winamp, open the preferences window (ctrl+p)
3. select the Modern Skins section (left); if it is already selected, skip to step 4
4. close the preferences window
5. close winamp, it will crash in gen_ff

I can reproduce this every time on my PC (5571 final) and on a virtualbox clean XP SP3 machine (557 beta, see the attached crash log).
Old 12th January 2010, 16:55   #109
Karmus

Nullsoft Module Decoder (in_mod.dll) title bug

This has been persistent for years (since release of 5.0), and it does not help reverting the plugin to a version from 2.x.

When you start playing a module, the title everywhere (taskbar, title box, playlist window) displays strange symbols, one single or multiple. When you right click on a track entry and select info, the title will fix itself, but only from the playlist window, not in the taskbar or title box. When the module ends playing and replays (repeat), the bug in the playlist will return.

Furthermore, the current version of the decoder (2.82) and some versions below it are playing hidden note sets of some modules, most significantly this one - myupload.dk/showfile/404596acf21.IT (pocket.IT). The track length extends from supposedly 2:33 to 3:19.

Finally, module decoder versions from Winamp 5.0 and above display a different number in the bitrate box rather than the usage of sound channels in the playing module.

Screenshots:

Last edited by Karmus; 12th January 2010 at 17:26.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:52   #110
mhanor

XP SP3 32 bit, winamp5572_full_emusic-7plus_en-us

Winamp crashes in in_cdda

The easiest way to reproduce it is to remove the "System\gracenote.w5s" file. Winamp should crash in in_cdda (instruction at 0x07652851) when you try to open the "CD Playback settings" window (Winamp Preferences -> Plugins -> Input -> select in_cdda and click Configure)

I couldn't determine the installation options that trigger the copying of the system\gracenote.w5s file in the Winamp installation folder, but I do know that by deselecting all available install options, except "Audio Playback\CD playback and extraction", it won't install that file.

PS: the 2 issues above this one are not fixed in 5772

[Edit -> DJ Egg]

Nice :-)

We were about to do a silent rebuild/reupload of 5.572 build 2830 anyway
(it should be online in a few hours time)
mainly for some translation updates and a couple of other minor tweaks.

The in_cdda crash fix will be included, thanks.
We'll also include a fix for the gen_ff prefs crash
(not sure about the modern skin vis/video window issue though).

btw, gracenote.w5s is installed alongside all gracenote-dependent components
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....5355#gracenote
Old 14th January 2010, 18:37   #111
MrSinatra
Forum King

impressive, both djegg and mhanor especially.

--
Old 14th January 2010, 20:31   #112
EWeiss

Milkdrop crash with this INI..

[settings]
nMainWndTop=36
nMainWndLeft=1095
nMainWndRight=1626
nMainWndBottom=437
avs_wx=1087
avs_wy=6
avs_ww=547
avs_wh=439
bPresetLockOnAtStartup=0
last_tab=0
multisample_fullscreen=0
multisample_desktop=0
multisample_windowed=0
adapter_guid_fullscreen=D7B71E3E 46A3 11CF 68 50 9A 04 1F C2 C5 35
adapter_guid_desktop=D7B71E3E 46A3 11CF 68 50 9A 04 1F C2 C5 35
adapter_guid_windowed=D7B71E3E 46A3 11CF 68 50 9A 04 1F C2 C5 35
adapter_devicename_fullscreen=\\.\DISPLAY1
adapter_devicename_desktop=\\.\DISPLAY1
adapter_devicename_windowed=\\.\DISPLAY1
szFontFace0=Courier
bFontBold0=0
bFontItalic0=0
nFontSize0=12
bFontAA0=0
szFontFace1=Times New Roman
bFontBold1=0
bFontItalic1=1
nFontSize1=24
bFontAA1=1
szFontFace2=MS Sans Serif
bFontBold2=1
bFontItalic2=0
nFontSize2=14
bFontAA2=0
szFontFace3=Arial
bFontBold3=0
bFontItalic3=0
nFontSize3=16
bFontAA3=0
szFontFace4=Arial
bFontBold4=0
bFontItalic4=0
nFontSize4=14
bFontAA4=0
szFontFace5=Times New Roman
bFontBold5=0
bFontItalic5=1
nFontSize5=18
bFontAA5=1
start_fullscreen=0
start_desktop=0
fake_fullscreen_mode=0
max_fps_fs=30
max_fps_dm=30
max_fps_w=30
show_press_f1_msg=1
allow_page_tearing_w=0
allow_page_tearing_fs=0
allow_page_tearing_dm=0
minimize_winamp=1
desktop_show_icons=1
desktop_textlabel_boxes=1
desktop_manual_icon_scoot=0
desktop_555_fix=2
dualhead_horz=2
dualhead_vert=1
save_cpu=1
skin=0
fix_slow_text=0
vj_mode=0
disp_mode_fs_w=1920
disp_mode_fs_h=1200
disp_mode_fs_r=59
disp_mode_fs_f=22
version=200
subversion=5
bConfigured=1
bSongTitleAnims=1
bHardCutsDisabled=1
bEnableRating=1
bDebugOutput=0
bShowPressF1ForHelp=1
n16BitGamma=2
bAutoGamma=1
bWarningsDisabled2=0
nCanvasStretch=0
nTexSize=-1
nTexBitsPerCh=8
nMeshSize=48
MaxPSVersion=-1
MaxImages=32
MaxBytes=16000000
fBlendTimeAuto=2.700000
fBlendTimeUser=1.700000
fTimeBetweenPresets=16.000000
fTimeBetweenPresetsRand=10.000000
fHardCutLoudnessThresh=2.450000
fHardCutHalflife=60.000000
fSongTitleAnimDuration=1.700000
fTimeBetweenRandomSongTitles=-1.000000
fTimeBetweenRandomCustomMsgs=-1.000000

only this work
[settings]
nMainWndTop=52
nMainWndLeft=1057
nMainWndRight=1588
nMainWndBottom=453
avs_wx=64
avs_wy=64
avs_ww=728
avs_wh=744
bPresetLockOnAtStartup=0

Open preferences Dialog change nothing then run again milk2.2 crash

greets
Old 16th January 2010, 06:12   #113
bitbybit

"Send to" causes hard lock with Win7 and virtual drive software

Winamp 5.572 (present in earlier versions as well)
Plugin: Nullsoft Rip & Burn v1.8 [ml_disc.dll]

Highlighting the "Send to" menu in Media Library causes a hard OS lock up on Windows 7 when virtual drive software is active (eg: Virtual CloneDrive), forcing a reboot in order to regain system control. Display of the media library fails (gray bars in place of where files should be), even after reboot until the "ml" folder is deleted and rebuilt on winamp restart, obviously losing rating/play history in the process unless one has a recent database backup.

Removing/changing the file extension of ml_disc.dll fixes the problem, as does disabling the virtual drive software -- obviously the latter not being an acceptable permanent solution.

This issue is also outlined in this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2519188
Old 26th January 2010, 19:54   #114
bluemagicman

Winamp 5.572 ,Win 7,crash !!!! When playing all windows media internet radios coming on About 1 min. this error:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: winamp.exe
Anwendungsversion: 5.5.7.2830
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4b4e4d1e
Fehlermodulname: in_wm.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4b4e4d37
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0001d41e
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Please Remove this Bug !!!!!!!
Old 27th January 2010, 16:18   #115
bluemagicman

Quote:
Originally posted by bluemagicman
Winamp 5.572 ,Win 7,crash !!!! When playing all windows media internet radios coming on About 1 min. this error:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: winamp.exe
Anwendungsversion: 5.5.7.2830
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4b4e4d1e
Fehlermodulname: in_wm.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4b4e4d37
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0001d41e
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Please Remove this Bug !!!!!!!
Old 29th January 2010, 14:31   #116
stopasking
Banned

playlist generator scan leaks memory

A playlist generator scan consistently leaks memory on step 4/4, very badly, until it crashes.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:25   #117
gottkaiser

Hello,
I'm using LossyWAV Wiki v1.2.0 as a pre-processor on my FLAC files (16 Bit, stereo).
The milkdrop plug-in works fine with the created lossy.wav files. But not if I encode them with flac (-8 --keep-foreign-metadata). The visualization is not "moving" (stays "flat" to the beat) with the lossy.flac files.
I guess the problem is with the spectrum analyzer in winamp. Because the basic spectrum analyzer next to the duration display also stays also "flat".

I discussed the problem already with the LossyWAV creator on hydrogenaudio.org (post 80).

Specs:
Winamp 5.572 Build 2830 (no 3rd-party plug-ins)
Winamp Language Pack: de
Skin: Bento
Windows XP SP3, de
affected plug-in: MilkDrop v2.2

track flac - unprocessed track
track lossy.wav - processed track (working with the visualization)
track lossy.flac - with flac decoded processed track (not working with the visualization)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Thanks. Reproduced & fixed.
(in_flac: fixed vis when frame sizes are less than 576)
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:34   #118
switchy9t

"Always On Top" issue.

This has been something I've noticed for quite a while, years even. XP, Vista, and 7.

When you use 'always on top' (CTRL-A) it does not stay on top.

Example: You enter a full screen program such as a game. When you return to windows after closing the program, winamp no longer stays on top. It is bothersome because you need to disable the 'always on top' option and then re enable it.

I know this isn't a huge issue, but it would be awesome if it did not exist. thanks for listening.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is a feature, not a bug.
Winamp -> Prefs -> General Preferences:
Uncheck: Disable always on top while fullscreen apps are focused
Old 7th February 2010, 13:35   #119
dnewhous

Winamp 5.572 (5.5.7.2830) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Bento
XP SP3 US
ASUS A8V-XE
AMD K8 3200+
DDR400 2 GB
DirectX 9.0c

Windows Media Decoder 3.4

I suspect this is a plugin bug and not a core bug. Windows media audio wma streams do not display metadata. You can find a lot of them

here
Old 18th February 2010, 00:26   #120
ujay
Forum King

@ dnewhous

Do you have any examples of streams that display metadata in e.g. WMP, but not in Winamp.

Sometimes I get what looks like a timing problem when streaming wma files, but I don't think it would affect a broadcast stream that updates itself.

Not even sure if Winamp can read broadcast metadata appart from station ID. I use it so rarely.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports