Old 20th November 2003, 07:10   #1
JEP

Send a message via ICQ to JEP
Will winamp5 have suport for logitech dinovo mediapad?

I've just read a review of Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop. The Mediapad suports only windows media player (who use it?) .. and not winamp 2.x or 3.x
Maybe this question should go to logitech? I don't know.
JEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2003, 15:19   #2
kreegee

yeah i would like to see this, although i think logitech will have to modify it's sofware for winamp-support. so nullsoft can't do much...
kreegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2003, 11:52   #3
Poulpy

HOW-TO: Add Winamp support to logitech dinovo keyboard and mediapad

Well here is what I found in one comment on this page:

Quote:
How to add Winamp 2 or Winamp 3 support to logitech dinovo keyboard and mediapad
12/4/2003 6:13:52 PM Posted by Mitch

Just figured our how to add winamp 2.xx support, just copy the old winamp line out of the players.ini from any old logitech setup to the new players.ini (lucky i had both installed :-)

WinAmp=key,winamp.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp

Then just edit your logitech prefs to open winamp when the media button is pressed. Work a treat. Ps, love the style of this keyboard/mouse, will take a little getting used to laptop style keys however, it makes touch typing a tad harder as its more difficult to feel for the some keys

I havent tried winamp 3 with this keyboard (as winamp 3 sucketh) but following is its entries in my old players.ini

WinAmp3=key,studio.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3
WinAmp3d=key,winamp3.exe,STUDIO,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,WinAmp 3d
That should be easily adapted to Winamp 5, isn't?

Regards,
Poulpy.
Poulpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2003, 21:43   #4
kreegee

hmm, that may be a solution for the keys on the mediapad, but unfortunately not for the built-in lcd-screen
Old 22nd December 2003, 08:47   #5
Poulpy

Quote:
Originally posted by kreegee
hmm, that may be a solution for the keys on the mediapad, but unfortunately not for the built-in lcd-screen
Yep, no LCD screen support for now.

PS: It's no more an issue for me as I've just figured out how to control Winamp using my bluetooth SonyEricsson T610 mobile phone and the Logitech USB bluetooth adapter. I can even see the content of the playlist which I cannot do with the media pad Check Float's Mobile Agent for more details.
Poulpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2003, 19:34   #6
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
someone buy me one, and ill make it work. thats my rule. (and yes, people have taken me up on it, and ive made thier stuff work)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Darkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2003, 11:37   #7
DigiTalk

Hi!

It should be possible for nullsoft and any developer in C to make the LCD work with winamp.
Because the MediaPlayer is supported via a PlugIn (WMPHelperObject.dll), so it should be possible to write a plugin for winamp...

Digi
DigiTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2004, 01:56   #8
Folo

Any one making a LCD plugin? With the lates update from logitech, i can at least control winamp5 from the media pad. It would be very nice if someone could give a try to make one
Folo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2004, 16:40   #9
mountblanc

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiTalk
Hi!

It should be possible for nullsoft and any developer in C to make the LCD work with winamp.
Because the MediaPlayer is supported via a PlugIn (WMPHelperObject.dll), so it should be possible to write a plugin for winamp...

Digi
Tell me about it! I posted at the logitech forum, no reply, asked tech support, i had to fill out a developer form, no reply, I checked out the plugin dll, no extern functions to use, I e-mailed to the bluetooth cooperation, no reply. It seems Logitech dasn't want to tell us how to proceed. strange do because they would sell many more boards if there is software to use the lcd. If anyone has more info about how to send data to the lcd i like to hear from you very much! Greetings MountBlanc
mountblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2004, 17:19   #10
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
i still stand by my offer... if someone can get one of these things to me for a little while, i'll make it work. thats what i do. i work w/ tons of custom hardware. multimedia keyboards, gamepads, wireless remotes, game consoles... anything....

so ya, once someone can get me one, i'll make it work. no prob at all.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Darkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2004, 14:24   #11
kreegee

A New Hope

There still some hope, i got a answer from logitech concerning the LCD-Display-Configuration..

Quote:
Dear Mr. #########,
Thank you for your enquiry.

You cant. At this time on Media Player 9 is supported for track
notification. This will probably change in a future update though.

Kind regards,
##### #######
Logitech Europe SA technical support
so, after they implemented support for the keys, they'll probably do the lcd-support too

greets,
kreegee
Old 14th February 2004, 13:56   #12
olohar

Hi

Just got my DiNovo board and and noticed this major lack of functionality. It seems to my that if someone should be able to implement more advanced functionality (such as playlist selection) you have to create a plug-in that communicates with the WIDCOMM BlueTooth lib and using the HID (Human Input Device) BT profile and you need to sniff the commands sent to the display. For this I think you need the WIDCOMM SDK ($1700), so I guess this excludes a lot of the winamp developer community if not someone manage to access the WIDCOMM BT-stack without the SDK. I also guess that there are several license restrictions between Logitech and WIDCOMM that will make it hard for Logitech to publish any APIs. This means that we have to wait for Logitech to do all the work.
But it would be nice to here from someone with experience in this area, in the end it is always possible somehow.

/Olof
olohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 21:22   #13
virre

I just installed SetPoint v2.22, and now the Logitech diNovo MediaPad work with Winamp5! Both multimedia keys and LCD screen works perfect.
virre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 09:49   #14
Morphus

I'm using now, it works fine
Morphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2005, 17:06   #15
hellRaven

Quote:
Originally posted by virre
I just installed SetPoint v2.22, and now the Logitech diNovo MediaPad work with Winamp5! Both multimedia keys and LCD screen works perfect.
Great. Now that I've switched to an Apple PowerBook and iTunes on my PC... A little late for me but I'm happy for you.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development