Old 26th September 2002, 00:57   #1
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Soundwave

Soundwave is nearing completion. For now here are some images, there'll be a beta available for everyone to mess with soon.
To start off, here's the main player with everything closed:

and with the two shutters and drawers open:

More images to follow, but I'm gonna get back to work on the skin for now. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated,
~FrisbeeMonkey
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 05:16   #2
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Despite the influx of enthusiasm () I've managed to pretty much finish up the MAKI for the winshade mode. Here's a pic of it with the vis drawer out:

~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 26th September 2002, 05:37   #3
premmidha

Send a message via ICQ to premmidha
OH MY GOD!!!! I didn't know that anyone else knew about Fett's Vette! "I chill in deep space. A mask is over my face. I deliver the prize, but I still narrow my eyes cuz my time I don't like to waste." Ahhh, you gotta love nerdy rap...
premmidha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 06:28   #4
nysaga

Quote:
Originally posted by frisbeemonkey
Despite the influx of enthusiasm () I've managed to pretty much finish up the MAKI for the winshade mode. Here's a pic of it with the vis drawer out:

~FrisbeeMonkey
I think everybody have been spoiled by the eye candy of other skins I like the winshade look
nysaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 09:36   #5
cloneemperor

Hey, FrisbeeMonkey, I quite like this. can't wait for a beta
cloneemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 10:05   #6
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
beveliscious.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 18:17   #7
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to psychoticguyver Send a message via Yahoo to psychoticguyver
most possible the greatest skin ever

Now accepting refugee's
psychoticguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 18:25   #8
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

This is SWEET! I cannot wait to see it in action!

I already have the Transformers theme song stuck in my head. Hey, you know that sound Transformers used to make while transforming? That would be too cool if you could somehow incorporate that, but that's probably a stretch.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2002, 21:26   #9
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to psychoticguyver Send a message via Yahoo to psychoticguyver
oh i wanna say thanks to frisbeemonkey for letting me see the thinger, and if thats anything to go by your gonna have a extremly great skin

Now accepting refugee's
Old 26th September 2002, 23:26   #10
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

More than meets the eyes!

Alrighty, here's the skin as it is now. Still lots to do before I consider it done(see the included sw.txt for details) but it's getting there.
SoundWaveBeta01.wal
Enjoy!
~FrisbeeMonkey
PS. Oh yeah, if it isn't intuitive as to what something does, or how to do something, check out sw.txt. I've been using various versions of this skin since about January, so I forget that it might take a bit of use to learn the layout.
Old 27th September 2002, 02:37   #11
davestar

looking good. i've never used a skin in winshade mode before, but this one has me tempted to do so. plus it brings me back to my transformers hide-away-bed . (no, i don't still sleep in it)
davestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 21:43   #12
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Here's a shot of the EQ(wondering why there are no sliders? click and drag the spline ):

and here's the PL(and what most of the components look like):

Does anyone know if it is possible to make components semitransparent like the EQ is? I really think it would be cool if I could make all the light blue areas somewhat see-through.
Anyone have any ideas on how I should change the default buttons and scrollbars? I'm really at a loss for what to do with them.
Thanks for the comments so far.
Prem is right, MC Chris is great, more people should give him a listen(his second album is out, he's looking for a host now). He was also the voice of Hesh from Sealab 2021.
Haha, and yes Binary, this is quite beveliscious... graphics are not exactly my strong point. Probably after this skin I'll resign to coding other people's graphics. You should have seen my attempt at a SpaceGhost skin, haha.
Sorry there isn't much action in this skin yet, the transforming of the main player is intimidating. But don't worry, rpeterclark, there will be sounds as soon as 3.1 is released(so the sounds won't interrupt the current music, video, etc)
Thanks to psychoticguyver for providing enough enthusiasm to fund a small country
And davestar, I never used winshade modes either, so I figured if I was gonna make one, it better be able to do everything. Maybe I'll make a hidden button that slides out a drawer for you complete with comforter and pillow
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 28th September 2002, 21:54   #13
Naamloos
Forum King

Not possible to have them at 50%

FOr the scrollbars, search around in wacs\xml\wasabi\guiobjects (or something, out top of my head) and then for window-elements.png, in the same dir there is a sys-elements.xml, copy that one too and im sure you can do the rest yourself
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 22:07   #14
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Blast, no 50% components!
Heh, I know how to skin the buttons/scrollbars... I just don't know what to make them look like.
Thanks for the opacity info,
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 29th September 2002, 07:58   #15
Naamloos
Forum King

ops: sorry

make em orange!
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 19:39   #16
evil_oj

Thumbs up

BEST SKIN EVER

3 I encode my music in Ogg Vorbis
I know enough about music and computers not to like computerized music.
evil_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 15:27   #17
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

HOLY FUCKING SHIT thats the best skin that i ever seen get anywhere near actully being finished. IT BLOODY KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Now accepting refugee's
Old 3rd October 2002, 13:45   #18
zootm
Forum King

very, very nice. i like the decepticon thinger

everyone should use windowshade, it is teh goodness. but it a wee bit too big to put right at the top of the screen, if you have the playlist editor up too...

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2002, 20:30   #19
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Naam: Sorry, my question was pretty ambiguous, I'll try to be more clear from now on. And I'm still leaning toward purple for the buttons(since that is what color everything else in the display areas are) but orange is a very close second for balance reasons.
evil_oj and psychoticguyver: Thanks! Where were you guys when I almost gave up on this project(twice)?
zootm: Maybe I'll make another shade mode for the PL, one that more fits with the size and style of the main shade mode. Any ideas on what you would like that to have? (Timer, balance, etc)
And the main reason I'm posting here... Soundwave's upper body now transforms!
SoundwaveBeta02 (1000K)
I'm still not 100% satisfied with the new graphics, but I like the transformation itself. Right now it is only his head, arms, and microphone that transform. His legs and lower torso should be along in the near future. Until then, yes, I know it looks like Soundwave is sitting in the lotus position
Let me know what you think of the transformation!
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 3rd October 2002, 20:41   #20
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Uh oh, all i get is a Guru Meditation, and then crash...
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2002, 20:58   #21
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Indeed... fixing that right now, thanks for the heads up, rpc
~FrisbeeMonkey
Okay, updated, should work now. Just use the link above. I changed a (pretty important) line to make sure an idea compiled before I suggested it to someone. Then I changed it back and resaved... but forgot to recompile, duh.
Old 6th October 2002, 22:16   #22
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

the transformation is really kewl, sometimes it gets stuck halfway through though. oh im just thinking how many cassete things that guy had. i think there was a laserbeak double too as well as a rumble double. IT KICKS EVEN MORE BLOODY ASS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now accepting refugee's
Old 6th October 2002, 23:36   #23
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
ive really grown to love this skin. the "playlist editor" caption on the playlist look like it need to be moved up 10 pixels or so though
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2002, 01:40   #24
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by frisbeemonkey
zootm: Maybe I'll make another shade mode for the PL, one that more fits with the size and style of the main shade mode. Any ideas on what you would like that to have? (Timer, balance, etc)
a timer would be nice. obviously the main bit has the song name, so that's sorted. opacity settings would be quite good (as the winshade does not inherit the full-size component's properties). but mainly, just cut down on the bulkiness. even if you could make a mode that "slots" into the main window?

Old 8th October 2002, 05:20   #25
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Thanks, psychoticguyver. I noticed that bug before I posted the skin, but then forgot about it. It seems to happen when the head goes back in while the arms are still transforming. I'll definitely have that rectified by the next release. Oh, Laserbeak's double was Buzzsaw, Rumble's counterpart was Frenzy. And don't forget the lesser known cassette, Ratbat. Unfortunately, I have no plans to include any of those three at this time.
Spoons, do you mean the actual title where it says "Playlist Editor"? I can move that up a few pixels(not 10, pretty sure that would have it bumping into the dark blue panel) Glad the skin is growing on you, even if you probably only downloaded it because of my suggestion to look at Ravage's script
zootm, I'm thinking I may just scrap the current shade mode of the playlist editor as it serves little purpose. I'll make it now like we're talking about, smaller, and actually functional. I'm thinking something that will dock with the right side of the main shade? And should you need this for any windows, CTRL+RightClick on a window brings up the scale/opacity menu. I'll put one on the PL and perhaps the main shade though, as they are handy.
So where is this next release? Ehhh, well, I haven't worked on this since my last update. Don't worry, not abandoned, just set it aside for a few days. I've been busy starting/working on a skin for my alma mater. Hopefully I'll have an update to this by the end of the week. If not, well, I'm away the week after that, so it may be awhile.
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 8th October 2002, 09:25   #26
zootm
Forum King

fantastic frisbeemonkey. that's exactly what i was talking about.

Old 10th October 2002, 07:47   #27
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Well, phooey. My newer skin managed to consume most of my focus and I won't have an update by the end of the week like I hoped. I have worked on Soundwave, mainly playing around with set/getPrivateInt so Winamp now remembers if the drawers were opened or closed, which way the shade mode was last set, etc.
Short of a flurry of comments or suggestions, I guess I'll see everyone on page 4 in a little over a week
Until then,
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 20th October 2002, 03:02   #28
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Only page 3?

A new version of Soundwave is ready.
New to this version:
-Transformation no longer hangs when you close the head prematurely.
-PL shade revamped. Similar to the main shade, but with a cut to dock against the main shade. Thinking I may do something similar for the EQ, but vertical?
-Winamp now remembers the states of drawers in main and shade mode, as well as whether or not it was in robot form.
-Main player shutters, drawers, etc are transparent for a few seconds when you use the skin for the first time. This should help new users have some idea where things are.

Anyways, you can get the newest update here:SoundWaveBeta03 (0.98MB)
Let me know what you think, what needs more work, etc,
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 20th October 2002, 10:59   #29
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

thats really kewl, i like the new PL winshade, and since i didnt mention it before the shutters are a really kewl idea of yours.

Now accepting refugee's
Old 20th October 2002, 12:58   #30
zootm
Forum King

yes yes yes yes yes.

that's exactly what i was meaning with the PL winshade. fabulous

Old 20th October 2002, 13:45   #31
The Rhino
Major Dude

you did a great job codeing this skin but your graphics need some help (no offence) and the colors are killing me other than that
The Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2002, 06:45   #32
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Glad everyone likes the new PL shade, thanks for inspiring that zootm Anyone think I should bother doing something similar with the EQ? Any other suggestions about anything?
Rhino, I know the graphics are quite short of amazing. I'd love to be able to visually do Soundwave justice, but I take my pride in the coding behind the graphics, not the graphics themselves. And as for the colors, sorry, there is no way they are changing, gotta stay loyal to the colors of the cartoon/toy where I got my inspiration, even if they are from the 80's.
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 21st October 2002, 14:50   #33
psychoticguyver
Major Dude

i like the graphics, if you put too much detail on it it would just clutter it up

Now accepting refugee's
Old 21st October 2002, 15:01   #34
zootm
Forum King

if the graphics were changed, they wouldn't really follow the whole blocky transformers feel any more... it think the colours fit really well. i'll never use the full version though, that said, i never used the full version of the default skin, which is what i was using before. winshade is the way to go for me, really. i'm not sure about the full version of the PL, as it is really big, but other than that, looks really good.

Old 17th November 2002, 01:30   #35
Northern Star

Thumbs up Yea, it's me.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Frisbee Monkey is just much smarter than the rest of us....that or he has some time on his hands.(had to check the spelling for FM)You da man. Talk to you latter, bye and bye..
Northern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2002, 13:49   #36
zootm
Forum King

i'll second that. this is the only skin i use, ever...

Old 21st November 2002, 01:54   #37
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Hey, welcome to the forums Northern Star. Smarter or more free time? Unfortunately, now with someone in the forums that knows me in person, I'll have to admit that it is the latter Oh well, free time is cool. Remember kids, retire often and retire early.
zootm, thanks, as always, for your undying support. Hopefully, there will be an updated version of this out soon. I've begun the graphics for Rumble, as well as a new feature that anyone who ever owned a toy Transformer will surely appreciate.
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 23rd December 2002, 15:45   #38
zootm
Forum King

quick FYI here, frisbee - the latest soundwave beta does not work (at all) with build #493

Old 23rd December 2002, 19:25   #39
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Thanks for the heads-up, zootm. Seems like 3.1 is a ways away yet, so I may start working on this again. Kinda worried that it doesn't work at all. I'll post any fixes/updates as I finish them.
Thanks again,
~FrisbeeMonkey
Old 23rd December 2002, 21:54   #40
zootm
Forum King

well, it caused a fatal error. that said, when i unloaded a playlist, that did the same. when will people learn regression testing?

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins