Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Old 21st November 2002, 16:15   #1
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
Exclamation Another one.... tips wanted! :) ... "Chrome Claw"....

Hey guys ..
it's been a while since my last skin, and now i've got a new concept ...
but just a concept. i neither have any idea how the buttons will look like, nor do i have any clue where to put them. any ideas?
pleaaassee help me! *g*
sure, other tips/CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS are welcome,too!!!

[edit] The display is blue for now, but there gonna be several color themes! [/edit]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_claw.jpg (53.9 KB, 1265 views)

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2002, 17:34   #2
Digitalhigh

That's an awesome start. I really like the design of it, it's nice and clean. You should consider putting the play buttons beneath the display, and the secondary controls on the lefthand side, next to the display. I'd hate to see that cool exterior blemished by buttons though. You should get really crazy and design some animated layers to cover the buttons, like Frisbee did with soundwave. (That's if the reviewers decide to allow it despite the hidden buttons) That'd be a cool, original idea.
Old 21st November 2002, 20:51   #3
Deleted 55

Thumbs up mmmmmmmmmmmm

C'est un début impressionnant. J'aime vraiment la conception d'elle, elle est gentille et propre. Vous devriez considérer mettre les boutons de jeu sous l'affichage, et les commandes secondaires du côté à gauche, à côté de l'affichage. Je détesterais pour voir qu'extérieur frais endommagé par des boutons cependant. Vous devriez devenir vraiment fou et concevoir quelques couches animées pour couvrir les boutons, comme le frisbee a fait avec le soundwave. (qu'est à dire si les critiques décident de le permettre en dépit des boutons cachés) That'd soit une idée fraîche

Old 21st November 2002, 20:54   #4
Deleted 55

google is scheiße

Der ist ein ehrfürchtiger Anfang. Ich mag wirklich das Design von ihm, ist es nett und sauber. Sie sollten die, Spieltasten unter der Anzeige und die Sekundärkontrollen auf die linke Seite, nahe bei der Anzeige zu setzen betrachten. Ich würde hassen, zu sehen daß das kühle Äußere, das zwar durch Tasten verunstaltet wurde. Sie sollten wirklich verrückt werden und einige lebhafte Schichten zu entwerfen, um die Tasten, wie Frisbee zu bedecken tat mit soundwave. (das ist, wenn die Rezensenten entscheiden, es trotz der versteckten Tasten zu erlauben), ist That'd eine kühle, ursprüngliche Idee.

Old 22nd November 2002, 00:08   #5
thepyr0x
Major Dude

First, that bevel is quite high....think ya might wanna tone it down some?

Second, there is seemingly a border around the bevel....looks tres bad

thepyr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2002, 01:08   #6
chiquita chad
Forum King

learn how to crop your images

Artist Track
chiquita chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2002, 02:51   #7
Digitalhigh

That's cute, flatnick, but I'd imagine that everybody here already knows about translation websites. Nice though, I love being internationalized. You should consider hiring yourself out as a translator for ppl. Just follow them around on threads and translate their posts. You'd make a killing, right along with the battery guy.
Old 22nd November 2002, 05:43   #8
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
the pyrox: i'll try to tone the bevel a bit down, but to be honest, i like it as it is at the moment. and the border... i just can't get rid of it... i really tried hard, but that is the best result I could geet out of this... (i don't say it wouldn't be possible!)

chiquita chad: what do u mean exactly? i wasn't sure what crop meant, so i tried google again... and he tells me the german word for grain.. very usefull *g* ....perhaps it means sth like cut out? do u mean the borders,too?

i think i gonna redo the whole thing perhaps. in a higher resolution... and scale it down later...

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 22nd November 2002, 19:41   #9
thepyr0x
Major Dude

To kill the border, try doing load selection on the main layer, then select > contract; contract by 1 or 2 pixels, then select > inverse and push delete

Old 22nd November 2002, 20:00   #10
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

yes, that would be no prob, i know, but i want it there, but i want it clean. then it'd look cool, i think.

Old 22nd November 2002, 21:08   #11
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

ok, figured out some styles... what do u guys ALL think??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_claw6.jpg (80.0 KB, 646 views)

Old 22nd November 2002, 21:18   #12
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
the upper right i like the best.

as for the buttons, i'd try and see if you could make a lcd pannel somewhere (possibly retractable) for them... i don't think they'll show up well on the metal surface.

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 01:18   #13
Dynamik

Send a message via AIM to Dynamik
Very nice, Would be nice if you had a way to change the styles like color themes! play Buttons should be in the display w/any other buttons you need to add functionality to slide out on a drawer or somethin.
Dynamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 10:30   #14
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamik
...Would be nice if you had a way to change the styles like color themes...
i'll do my very best ... i hope that i'll get it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamik
...play Buttons should be in the display w/any other buttons you need to add functionality to slide out on a drawer or somethin.
had that idea, too, but i don't know if that's really such a good idea... but i'll try

Old 23rd November 2002, 14:46   #15
PJay Tycy

I like the upper-right the most

I think you should make the corners rounded at the right side.
PJay Tycy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 21:56   #16
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey guys! what do u think about the second display and the rounded corners?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_claw_display2.jpg (56.1 KB, 631 views)

Old 23rd November 2002, 22:26   #17
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
woooow, i like the crome

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 22:45   #18
thepyr0x
Major Dude

-=RoNtZ=-...this looks really nice

try to take this as objectively as possible though

could you really see yourself using this skin day in and day out on your desktop?

Old 24th November 2002, 11:20   #19
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Vodoopower: *g* .. i have a mostly finished chrome-skin on my page

Quote:
Originally posted by thepyr0x
-=RoNtZ=-...this looks really nice

try to take this as objectively as possible though

could you really see yourself using this skin day in and day out on your desktop?
dunno *g* ... perhaps... the matter is how the buttons look later...

Old 25th November 2002, 15:36   #20
Deleted 55

hehe

the lower right version is the best i think ...

Old 27th November 2002, 20:04   #21
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

anything else? i think, i gonna kill that ring below the lower lcd. just not looking good.

Old 27th November 2002, 20:50   #22
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
that would be my suggestion...its too thin for the effects youre using, better to just get rid of it. but its really slick looking and the display has huge promise
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2002, 14:03   #23
qlimo

Send a message via ICQ to qlimo
Hi! That's a really good theme for a skin, like that. Although, the name claw fits to the design, and the effort to make a minimalistic skin is evident, it is small a bit. I'd change the shape a bit and find the place for the control elements, play a bit with the LCD. Btw, the idea of the drawer is nice . Good luck! qlimo
qlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2002, 21:28   #24
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey guys!
small update ... the button on the right is for the drawer.
hm.. qlimo, i plan to put the controlbuttons in the drawer...

Old 29th November 2002, 21:29   #25
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

whooopsie!forgot the attachment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_claw.jpg (56.2 KB, 544 views)

Old 29th November 2002, 22:26   #26
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

...but, maybe redo the shine on the drawer? looks kinda wierd
Old 30th November 2002, 20:51   #27
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm... what do u mean exactly? the "glass-reflection" or the lover shine in the glass?

Old 30th November 2002, 21:12   #28
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

the reflection...the one on the main part looks really good, but the drawer shine looks off
Old 30th November 2002, 21:39   #29
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

"...as u wish, master!" ... *g*
better now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the_claw.jpg (56.3 KB, 562 views)

Old 30th November 2002, 21:46   #30
thepyr0x
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by chiquita chad
learn how to crop your images

Old 30th November 2002, 21:47   #31
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

haha, shape fits btter....maybe blur the edges a bit more? eh, im tired
Old 30th November 2002, 22:00   #32
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hehehe... which edges? reflection or whole shape?

@ all who mean i should "learn how to crop my images":
perhaps u should FIRST explain, what u mean with "crop" as i don't know the word. i hope i don't have to tell that one more time again. i thought the first time should have been enough.

Old 30th November 2002, 22:07   #33
thepyr0x
Major Dude

ah, sorry

yes by crop we mean take out the borders

these images you are posting are like these really big pictures, and half of them are just some texture you like to put the skin over. Not the most welcome thing for us on dialup.

Old 30th November 2002, 22:45   #34
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*g* ok.. thx a lot! .. gonna remember that in the future

Old 2nd December 2002, 13:34   #35
qlimo

Well, it would be very nice (in my opinion) if the claw was a bit more compact, I mean if the LCD was not cut into it but if the claw was nice rounded wit some glass covering it (LCD) to make it look like a compact claw with a built in LCD, he?
Old 2nd December 2002, 15:22   #36
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

now, i'm totally puzzled! i didn't get what u mean at all! *g*

Old 3rd December 2002, 13:53   #37
qlimo

He, sorry... Leave it as it is. I'll inform you when I will be able to express my feelings in a more understandable way .
In any case, if you want to put your control elements into the drawer, try to play with its shape a bit, because now it looks like an ordinary Thinger or EQ drawer. E.g. I'd change its background to make it look different than the LCD ...
P.S.: Forgive me my undesribeable ideas . Good luck!
Old 4th December 2002, 15:21   #38
Asseman

Send a message via ICQ to Asseman
=)

Can't help wonder if i perhaps inspired you to the claw idea with my zectichoplayer Claws rule!
Asseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2002, 15:27   #39
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

nope, u didn't .. claw was as far as it is at the moment, before i saw zeti... (what's its name again.. funny difficult *g*) .. btw way... what about the coding now?

hey qlimo.. evrything's cool .. thx for support! hm.. don't wanna change the shape though... and that's why i gotta put my playcontrols in the second lcd

Old 10th March 2003, 14:46   #40
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Oookkk.. i'm redoing this skin now.
but i have a prob: i included rpc's opacity-changer-script and finally got it workin'.the prob is: everytime i close the skin, it gives me a failure-notification and the skin isn't the actual skin when u open wa3 again. any ideas?
(sorry for my bad english.. i'm VERY tired!)

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins