Old 4th February 2003, 21:06   #1
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
Gravestone's commin' up....

hey guys!

as some of u perhaps know already, my old skins are all gone.
that's why i take chance and present some of my new skin-concepts, which aren't coded at all yet.
the gravestone will get an drawer which is gonna slide to the top, which contains all the buttons. vis will be behind the drawers on the bottom... i think i'm pretty much done with the gfx of this one.
any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gravestone2.jpg (13.0 KB, 1111 views)

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2003, 22:23   #2
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
take off that wierd texture on the grey...other than that, this is probably my favorite of the ones youve stuck up
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2003, 22:47   #3
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
i like it exactly because of the texture *g* ... but i think, i gonna make an option in a configure-window, to turn it off

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 4th February 2003, 22:56   #4
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
RoNtZ, no offense, but cant you concentrate on one skin you like and make it good?
one good skin is better than 20 ugly* unfinished ones.

*that's my personal opinion.
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2003, 23:12   #5
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

to answer ur question: nope, i can't! *g* i don't know why.. i just do what gets into my mind, and if it's a new skin, i start a new one for not loosing the idea and work on the other skins when i feel the desire to.that's also the reason why my skins take VERY long..
and if u think they're ugly.. ok.. your opinion .. sure i'm not happy about it, but i know your skins and know how ambitious they're, and that's the reason why i take tips, but never give anything about a good or bad!

Old 4th February 2003, 23:33   #6
thepyr0x
Major Dude

the bevel at the top looks bad
but otherwise it's alrite

thepyr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2003, 11:38   #7
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

do u mean the place where it's cut off?the will be a kinda button, to toggle the drawer

Old 5th February 2003, 16:14   #8
Vibestar

like this one, only the lcd could be beter....I know a site were they can tell you stuff about lcd and more...but I can't find it right now....If you want I can look it up.....Vibe
Vibestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2003, 23:09   #9
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

what is it about the lcd exactly? i think it's nice that way...

Old 5th February 2003, 23:13   #10
thepyr0x
Major Dude

that whole top half is just too.....hard. hard corners don't look great with rounded bevels, know what I mean?

also, that glare on the lcd is too linear

Old 5th February 2003, 23:25   #11
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

'bout that glare: i was always wondering why all the skinners don't make them linear.. i mean.. look at the reality.. if there are some, they're mostly linear ... but i'll give it a try
about the edges... in my eyes, the whole thing looks crappy if i make the edges rounder ... got an updated ss:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gravestone3.jpg (14.4 KB, 553 views)

Old 6th February 2003, 00:00   #12
thepyr0x
Major Dude

those top edges look a bit better
but I still don't like the glare

Old 6th February 2003, 16:45   #13
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*g* ... no wonder .... i'll give it a new try, when i've got more time... but i didn't change anything on the edges...

Old 6th March 2003, 15:39   #14
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey vibe... would be really nice, if u could find that page about the lcd-stuff ... hm... didn't go on with this skin, but i wanted to ask how much guys all like chrome??? not for this skin...in the whole, i mean

Old 6th March 2003, 22:34   #15
Digitalhigh

I like the shape, texture, & look of the screen, but think that the bevel in conjunction with the cracky texture looks not *icky* but just not right. If the bevel blended with the texture as opposed to being just painted on, it'd look a lot tighter. Otherwise, nice design. I haven't scoped your other ones yet, but I will now.
Digitalhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins